Appreciate all those who have put in their spots and added in a few course reviews so far. 
Few quick things I've discovered since we added this is one I should explain the "codes"
Screenshot 2022-03-06 19.02.19.png

They are pretty self explanatory, but worth explaining a little. 

There are 2 Member categories from the "recruit group" days. There is no real distinction between the two now, but they still show up as two different categories... hence why you see two different "Member" options. 

The other is the blank then just a number, this is Donors. When members donate they get put into this category as a member who has donated and it is a Blank Category. As a reminder if you have donated and want to get your donator badge go to the thread: HERE 

Also with Course Reviews if you wanted to just see them you can of course unselect the members, but you can also go Browse Markers then Course Reviews and it will list them in a catalogue type entry.  HERE

I'll look to create a secondary link/shortcut so these are easier for any and all to find.

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

This is very cool. I'll add some course reviews for local courses.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014) / Demoing Sub70 849D

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft / Maxfli Tour

Great addition. I'm all by myself in the UK..

Jw3LAO0.gif.d7cc2532b7eed62b58e1e07b219aa5d4.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Got myself added in to the map, I'll look at adding some reviews shortly as well.

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

For those interesting in assisting and aiding the mod staff with some of these upcoming changes sign up for a chance to be part of the beta team to get a sneak peak on some of these new opportunities for the site here: 

• Like 6

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

On 3/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hello all!

We are slowly getting closer to testing season (no I don’t have any inside information …. Right now). With that there has been a lot of work going on in the background to enhance the site and bring some improvements to the site. 

In this thread I will let you know all what is going on when we are getting close or about to launch any new features, structure and more. 

Without further delay the first update we are bringing to the membership is actually a older feature which ended up on the cutting room floor, but is bring brought back to life by popular demand. 

The Community Map!

What is this?
- The community map is a feature we had years ago and it’s pretty simple. It is a map of the world where you can tag your location and where you are located. 

Why now?

Well the long and the short of it is I was able to get approval to purchase it and again it is a feature that has been asked for time and time again. 

Another key feature we are working on is Community engagement… I know we hear this all the time, but this is all part of a bigger plan to increase get togethers, events and a phenomenal community not just online, but in person as well. 

What can we do with it?

This is a bit different than the older member map which has been renamed to Community Map. Again you can tag your location (home) so other spies can see who is all living in your area. 

We are also introducing a secondary function within this single application which is course reviews. It is pretty simple, have a course you want to write a review for? Go into the “create” go down to Community Map Marker and Select Course Review. 

From there find it on the map, mark it, add in the course name, a brief description and hit submit. It is after this that you are able to write your review on the course (unless it has already been created) and you can grade it out of your 5 stars however you like. 

We are also incorporating (at a later date) some of the player profile features (if you have it filled out) where when hovering over the player you can see their player profile data. 

Where is the Map Located? 

Well you can find the map here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

Or simply go the the “Members” Tab at the top of any page and when the drop down comes you will find “Community Map”

This was a very useful tool in the past in getting members together and creating a community that is more than just a forum. 

The great thing is it is also optional. Don’t want to take part? No requirement for testing or profile completion or any of that. This feature is there for you to use as you wish. Whether it is to check out course reviews, write your own on a course that has a review or doesn’t or seeing what spys are in your area which you may want to get a game in with this feature will allow you to do that. 

This is only the beginning and we have a lot more in store to bring you in the near(ish) future. 

Cheers,
Jamie

A BIG thank you Jamie. Nice to see HQ listening. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Jamie, I just set up my current location - is it possible to have 2 locations with the same user name for us 'snowbirds'? 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Jamie, I just set up my current location - is it possible to have 2 locations with the same user name for us 'snowbirds'? 

I can look into that, but I know you can also change your location at will whenever you like. 

Something I'll definitely looking into and take into consideration. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

On 3/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, PMookie said:

Nice! First person in the Deep South. Come on, folks! I need to find some people to golf with in TX, NM, and AZ! Plus, how about a little “boot” competition? LA vs AR or MS?!

Just added myself in AR

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, and 5 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2  56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

49 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Just added myself in AR

Sweet! I’ve only played in the Village once, and it was over 10 years ago. Some unbelievable courses there- you are a blessed man!!! Maybe we could get a crew to play up there one weekend.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I can look into that, but I know you can also change your location at will whenever you like. 

Something I'll definitely looking into and take into consideration. 

No, people can’t be at 2 locations at once; make him move the location as he migrates from place to place.  🤪🤣

• Haha 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Sweet! I’ve only played in the Village once, and it was over 10 years ago. Some unbelievable courses there- you are a blessed man!!! Maybe we could get a crew to play up there one weekend.

I've only played 2 of the public courses, so far.  I normally play Diamante Country Club, but will eventually play all of the courses in the Village.  (For those that are not familiar with it, Hot Springs Village is a gated community with 8 public courses and one private Country Club).

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, and 5 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2  56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Love this addition to the forum! I'll try to do my part on the courses I play around Houston and Southeast Texas🏌️‍♂️

• Like 3

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Jamie, can we combine the course reviews under the "FORUM" tab with the course reviews under the "Test & Reviews" tab. Also list the courses either by state or alphabetically. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Jamie, can we combine the course reviews under the "FORUM" tab with the course reviews under the "Test & Reviews" tab. Also list the courses either by state or alphabetically. 

1 for by state if there is an option!

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

They are two separate platforms so at the moment hard to combine them. We will look at a solution for it though. 

As for listing don't believe that is a option as it is limited to the functionality of the community map, so you can search using a few different functions, but location doesn't seem to be one of them. In the end most will look at the map to find the courses. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

Okay all! 

I'm excited that we will be launching some more features soon! For starters we have done a "forum face lift." 

This will be optional as we know that not all changes are meant for everyone, however I want to thank the Beta Group for assisting and creating pages of feedback and we are now pretty darn close to having it settled and sorted. 

So what does this mean for you?
If you didn't know we have had a dark and light theme for a while now. If this is news to you, go to the very bottom of the page on both mobile and PC and click theme. There we have two at the moment: MyGolfSpy Default and Night Theme. 
Shortly (early next week) you will have 2 more options: MyGolfSpy 2022 - This theme is well a game changer. It brings a fresh look to the forum that fits what the blog looks like a bit more. It also has a built in dark/light theme switch by way of a PAINT CAN ICON next to the NOTIFICATION ICON.... Want a sneak peak? Well respond here and maybe I'll post one for everyone to see! 
The second one is an Alternate Light Theme which is more plain, but still gives a fresh look for those wanting a bit of a change.  

This means you will have 4 (well 5) different options for how you view MGS and its content! For the time being this will be an opt in feature as well, meaning you have to go in and select the new theme to use else you won't see it. At a later date it will be made a OPT OUT, meaning the default will be one of these new themes and as a member you can always choose or go back to one of the old boring ones after visiting the site haha

The final feature is a ChatBox - Here we have rooms setup for discussion on various topics and OEMS. This also has an instant messaging service within it allowing you to message others via chat vs the PM email system. This feature is setup to see missed messages via the one to one messaging, but not the rooms (we have asked the dev to show a little notification for unread messages in rooms as well). It is a non intrusive feature that will allow those who want to chat and communicate via a more instant "discord" like service and will allow all to use the forum still in the same way. 

This feature has many benefits as we can also do messaging AMA's, Spy Meetups discussion and other more instant reaction/discussion for those who want to use it. Of course this is another option feature as those who want to post as per usual will not be deterred by this even while other discussions may be going on. 

I would expect this feature to roll out in the next week or so as we finalize the rooms and categories. 

So if you have questions fire away! 

There are also a few other surprises around the corner and we hope to make 2022 a very exciting year for our membership!

• Like 5
  • Love 4

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay all! 

I'm excited that we will be launching some more features soon! For starters we have done a "forum face lift." 

This will be optional as we know that not all changes are meant for everyone, however I want to thank the Beta Group for assisting and creating pages of feedback and we are now pretty darn close to having it settled and sorted. 

So what does this mean for you?
If you didn't know we have had a dark and light theme for a while now. If this is news to you, go to the very bottom of the page on both mobile and PC and click theme. There we have two at the moment: MyGolfSpy Default and Night Theme. 
Shortly (early next week) you will have 2 more options: MyGolfSpy 2022 - This theme is well a game changer. It brings a fresh look to the forum that fits what the blog looks like a bit more. It also has a built in dark/light theme switch by way of a PAINT CAN ICON next to the NOTIFICATION ICON.... Want a sneak peak? Well respond here and maybe I'll post one for everyone to see! 
The second one is an Alternate Light Theme which is more plain, but still gives a fresh look for those wanting a bit of a change.  

This means you will have 4 (well 5) different options for how you view MGS and its content! For the time being this will be an opt in feature as well, meaning you have to go in and select the new theme to use else you won't see it. At a later date it will be made a OPT OUT, meaning the default will be one of these new themes and as a member you can always choose or go back to one of the old boring ones after visiting the site haha

The final feature is a ChatBox - Here we have rooms setup for discussion on various topics and OEMS. This also has an instant messaging service within it allowing you to message others via chat vs the PM email system. This feature is setup to see missed messages via the one to one messaging, but not the rooms (we have asked the dev to show a little notification for unread messages in rooms as well). It is a non intrusive feature that will allow those who want to chat and communicate via a more instant "discord" like service and will allow all to use the forum still in the same way. 

This feature has many benefits as we can also do messaging AMA's, Spy Meetups discussion and other more instant reaction/discussion for those who want to use it. Of course this is another option feature as those who want to post as per usual will not be deterred by this even while other discussions may be going on. 

I would expect this feature to roll out in the next week or so as we finalize the rooms and categories. 

So if you have questions fire away! 

There are also a few other surprises around the corner and we hope to make 2022 a very exciting year for our membership!

I just want to say thank you to @GolfSpy_APH and all the other members that were part of the beta team for all the suggestions and to Jamie specifically for working to make the forum a better place to come to. I absolutely love the MGS2022 theme in dark mode, it looks so much better than it ever had. To balance the work here while caring for his little one took a lot of dedication. 

It truly has me excited to see what the future of the forum holds. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I just want to say thank you to @GolfSpy_APH and all the other members that were part of the beta team for all the suggestions and to Jamie specifically for working to make the forum a better place to come to. I absolutely love the MGS2022 theme in dark mode, it looks so much better than it ever had. To balance the work here while caring for his little one took a lot of dedication. 

It truly has me excited to see what the future of the forum holds. 

Thanks a bunch. It's been a fun learning experience and appreciate the feedback and reporting on the new platforms. 

We have a cool opportunity to bring new life to the forum while not taking away from it's core values. We can build from what this community and previous mods have built and push it further making it a go to golfing forum for testing (both mgs official and non) as well as just being the awesome community we are.

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022