Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2022 MGS Forum Changes

GolfSpy_APH

19 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Quick question is the goal to combine the "Test & Reviews" and "Forums" drop down to consolidate those two together? I know they are two seperate things where under the forums section it is more past things and unofficials.

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That will look to be cleaned up when we have a better direction with how we want testing to move going forward. 

So a bit of an out of left field question... What about splitting up the Official Reviews, by type, to be within the equipment category of the test?

..eg. a Driver official forum member review could be found under a Equipment > Drivers > Member Reviews sub-category?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

So a bit of an out of left field question... What about splitting up the Official Reviews, by type, to be within the equipment category of the test?

..eg. a Driver official forum member review could be found under a Equipment > Drivers > Member Reviews sub-category?

That is certainly on the table for us. We have to determine our process for the new system that was introduced. It's a whole we have to take two plus steps backwards to take a few forwards situation. Our Intention is to work and complete the revised testing method/system by the new year.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested we have and are starting up a focus group for the forum. We are looking for members who are active within the forum community and engaged in the forums future. We want members who will provide constructive feedback to ideas, plans and projects the mod team is working on. If you think you are someone who wants to invest a little extra time in the forum to help us grow and build our community please send me a PM and we can discuss it further!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Happy to say our new Staff Directory is complete with our new mods. I am really pleased with this team as was as all of those who participate as part of the focus group in making the community what it is. We have an incredible knowledgeable community who thrives off talking all things golf and so many other topics. 

I hope that we can see this community grow build off all the great things that we have currently with this platform while bringing new features and content to the forum to keep us all coming back and wanting more!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/staff/

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Not sure if anyone else is having this same issue. It's minor but I'm sure the team would want to solve it.

Using Chrome on a PC, when I click to go to the next page of the topic, the page loads at the bottom. It would be better if it loads at the top so scrolling to the top is not necessary when you're following the order of posts. Not sure if it happens to everyone.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

53 minutes ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

Not sure if anyone else is having this same issue. It's minor but I'm sure the team would want to solve it.

Using Chrome on a PC, when I click to go to the next page of the topic, the page loads at the bottom. It would be better if it loads at the top so scrolling to the top is not necessary when you're following the order of posts. Not sure if it happens to everyone.

Can you post a picture of what it looks like?

On 9/30/2022 at 10:28 AM, tommc23 said:

Can you post a picture of what it looks like?

It has now stopped doing it.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

17 minutes ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

It has now stopped doing it.

This can sometimes just be with your browser cache. If it is cleared things work as they should. Can't say we did anything on the back end so it will remain a mystery.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

All of sudden I started getting email notifications flooding my email. I assume this was intentional but not gonna lie it's a bit annoying. But thankfully I found a way to hopefully stop that. It was constant as I follow several topics and other members. My preference is to view notifications when I am in the forum and not get that constant flood of emails. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

21 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

All of sudden I started getting email notifications flooding my email. I assume this was intentional but not gonna lie it's a bit annoying. But thankfully I found a way to hopefully stop that. It was constant as I follow several topics and other members. My preference is to view notifications when I am in the forum and not get that constant flood of emails. 

Did you turn off your email notifications?

2 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

There was a back end update that i believe made some standard (defaults) changes to this. 

As you said in a members profile notification settings all of this can be customized to a users ideal settings.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Did you turn off your email notifications?

I did after this occurred. I never had it on prior.

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There was a back end update that i believe made some standard (defaults) changes to this. 

As you said in a members profile notification settings all of this can be customized to a users ideal settings.

I dont like people changing my back end. 😂

I want to thank everyone who completed the questions in the player profiles. We really appreciate it and it will allow us to further help this community. We also have several things in the works which should be fun and engaging for the off season. We have really enjoyed this new team and brainstorming a variety of ideas to help everyone enjoy this community even more. Not just our regulars, but new members and more. 

If you have not seen the new questions please go to your Profile, select edit profile and complete the additional few questions. These are only visible to us mods and we intend to use the information to focus our energy in the appropriate areas.

I also want to say that if you have ideas (non testing related) please feel free to reach out and let us know your thoughts or ideas. We are here for you the member and community and appreciate any and all taking further steps to help us, whether it be in our focus group or just being a normal active member it is great to see and we hope to have a strong off season!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 3 weeks later...

For any and all those interested over the coming months we will be going through some ideas and expanding on some features that we are working on via our focus group. If this is something that is of interest to you as a new member, long time member or anything in between let me know and send me a PM to be added to the group. 

We have a great group and look for opinions, ideas and follow up on projects we work on behind the scenes. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 2 months later...

General Update was just run, if there are any bugs that you see or notice please notify me or any of the other mods. 

Thank you!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Once again as we have several new members joining and many getting right in and being active if you are curious about learning more about the MGS forum and getting more involved be sure to reach out and let me know about joining our Forum Focus Group. 

Lots of great discussion about different ideas which may or could come to the forum as well beta testing on different things that may come to the forum in the future. 

On that note if you don't want to join the focus group but still have ideas on what you would like to see come to the forum or any suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out and let anyone of the mod team know about it. 

We are hoping to have 2023 be a big year for the forum on all fronts. Member testing, MGS Virtual Tour, more OEM talks and zoom calls with HQ to get insider looks on what is happening and so so much more!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 6:13 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hello all!

We are slowly getting closer to testing season (no I don’t have any inside information …. Right now). With that there has been a lot of work going on in the background to enhance the site and bring some improvements to the site. 

In this thread I will let you know all what is going on when we are getting close or about to launch any new features, structure and more. 

Without further delay the first update we are bringing to the membership is actually a older feature which ended up on the cutting room floor, but is bring brought back to life by popular demand. 

The Community Map!

What is this?
- The community map is a feature we had years ago and it’s pretty simple. It is a map of the world where you can tag your location and where you are located. 

Why now?

Well the long and the short of it is I was able to get approval to purchase it and again it is a feature that has been asked for time and time again. 

Another key feature we are working on is Community engagement… I know we hear this all the time, but this is all part of a bigger plan to increase get togethers, events and a phenomenal community not just online, but in person as well. 

What can we do with it?

This is a bit different than the older member map which has been renamed to Community Map. Again you can tag your location (home) so other spies can see who is all living in your area. 

We are also introducing a secondary function within this single application which is course reviews. It is pretty simple, have a course you want to write a review for? Go into the “create” go down to Community Map Marker and Select Course Review. 

From there find it on the map, mark it, add in the course name, a brief description and hit submit. It is after this that you are able to write your review on the course (unless it has already been created) and you can grade it out of your 5 stars however you like. 

We are also incorporating (at a later date) some of the player profile features (if you have it filled out) where when hovering over the player you can see their player profile data. 

Where is the Map Located? 

Well you can find the map here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

Or simply go the the “Members” Tab at the top of any page and when the drop down comes you will find “Community Map”

This was a very useful tool in the past in getting members together and creating a community that is more than just a forum. 

The great thing is it is also optional. Don’t want to take part? No requirement for testing or profile completion or any of that. This feature is there for you to use as you wish. Whether it is to check out course reviews, write your own on a course that has a review or doesn’t or seeing what spys are in your area which you may want to get a game in with this feature will allow you to do that. 

This is only the beginning and we have a lot more in store to bring you in the near(ish) future. 

Cheers,
Jamie

On 3/4/2022 at 6:19 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Quick Start Guide:
Create -> Community Map Marker
Screenshot 2022-03-04 17.58.43.png

Select Course Review OR Member (example will be for course review)
Screenshot 2022-03-04 17.59.38.png

Fill out Course Review Marker (Not the actual review yet)Screenshot 2022-03-04 18.00.24.png

Once Completed hit Save Marker and it will pop up as it does in the below photo

Screenshot 2022-03-04 18.01.11.png

Want to write the review now or leave a comment? Hit the any of the Comments, Reviews or Read more and it will bring you to the review page. Shown Below.

Screenshot 2022-03-04 18.02.17.pngScreenshot 2022-03-04 18.02.38.png

And that is all! 

Hope everyone has fun with this and if you have questions send a note to any of the mods or comment in this thread and we will do our best to guide you through it. 

For all those who are bored or maybe not sure what to post. Lets get some course reviews going! 

Doesn't have to be long, but the more course reviews we have the more our members can make some good decisions on where to golf and maybe find a course or two in the area they have never played before!

Have questions about how to? Let me know! Happy to guide you through it if needed. There is a quick guide quoted in this post for you as well. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW