Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Interesting Balls

Hello there.

I found these a few weeks ago and thought I might share them since some I need help identifying and others I just thought were incredibly cool.

The first one (the orange one) I need help identifying, it is has no other markings other than what looks like two T's, one white and one orange.

The second two (the yellow ones) I just thought were really cool considering my favourite animal is a (polar) bear, if anyone could advise me where to buy more of those that would be great since these two are by far my favourites out of everything I ever found.

The last one is the most interesting out of everything I found (the white one). It has a car of some kind of on it, with 'Team Saab' written underneath. This ball is a Dunlop DDH Marathon 1 ball, with a random 1 on another side of the ball. I tried looking for this and what I found is that Saab is either golf or car related? Not sure. I found no eBay results for this either but I might have been looking too specifically.

Either way I thought this was really interesting and I hope maybe to hear some other opions on these and what you all think.

I attached pictures of all of these below.

IMG_0202[1].JPG

IMG_0203[1].JPG

IMG_0200[1].JPG

IMG_0201[1].JPG

IMG_0199[1].JPG

IMG_0208[1].JPG

My buddies call these “seizure balls.” I couldn’t play one…

pgw-srixon-q-star-divide-golf-balls-950.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)
23 hours ago, Middler said:

pgw-srixon-q-star-divide-golf-balls-950.

Whereas one of my playing partners love the split color balls. He has problems seeing other balls in the air, so these guys are perfect for him. And lining up putts has helped him improve his game a lot. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

So to actually attempt to answer the OP's questions, those are some older Golden Bear balls that Jack Nicklaus' company sold. They still sell Golden Bear branded balls, but not those specific ones. 

The Saab Dunlop appears to be late 80's or early 90's, probably made for a golf tournament or Saab employees. Saab autos stopped being made in 2016.

Can't help with the orange TT ball, sorry.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

12 hours ago, russtopherb said:

So to actually attempt to answer the OP's questions, those are some older Golden Bear balls that Jack Nicklaus' company sold. They still sell Golden Bear branded balls, but not those specific ones. 

The Saab Dunlop appears to be late 80's or early 90's, probably made for a golf tournament or Saab employees. Saab autos stopped being made in 2016.

Can't help with the orange TT ball, sorry.

Thank you this helps a lot.

On 3/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, Snowy said:

I have a Blue/Yellow Ping version two tone.   I only break it out, and putt with it in "FULL SEIZURE " cross color mode,  for any 4-man Scrambles I play in.

Edited by stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

The DDH balls, I remember playing them when I was a kid, not sure if was before or after college, so probably in the 80s for those.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

On 3/5/2022 at 1:06 PM, Snowy said:

IMG_0199[1].JPG

Holy crap!!! I love the team SAAB ball! I drive that exact car, it's a SAAB 900. I can't give you any information on the ball but the car I could. 

• Ping G10 3 Wood, 15.5°
  • Cobra Baffler, 3 hybrid 
  • Mizuno MP-67, 3-PW
  • Ping Glide Forged Pro, 52° & 56°
  • Evnroll, ER2