TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Players Championship - 2022

fixyurdivot

I can’t confirm, but I think there was a new record for most holes in the water in one round on #17 at the Players today. The record was 50 from 1997, and Golf Channel showed 49 today with several players still playing their second round. Piercy put his in the water, dropped and hit in the water again - don’t know if that counts as 1 or 2?

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I can’t confirm, but I think there was a new record for most holes in the water in one round on #17 at the Players today. The record was 50 from 1997, and Golf Channel showed 49 today with several players still playing their second round. Piercy put his in the water, dropped and hit in the water again - don’t know if that counts as 1 or 2?

Counts as 2.  Not sure if they were talking 17 or 18 as there was a lot of balls going in on 18 as well. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Dang I wish one of the networks/websites covering this event would add a Hole #17 water ball counter 😊.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

What a final round finish and a Players for the ages.  Is Cam Smith going to get it done?

Still looking for the official number of rinsed balls at #17... guess I presumed (based on prior event coverage) that we'd see a live tally.  So, until we have that, we don't know if anyone won. 🤣

Tour Edge EXS KBS Max 80

Tour Edge C722 3H, 5H Ventus Blue 7-R (great stock shaft)

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60

Ping G400 UST Helium Proto 5f4

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

8 hours ago, Bunker Snot said:

Only problem is that doesn’t provide the total for this year…yet. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

What a final round finish and a Players for the ages.  Is Cam Smith going to get it done?

HE is by far my favorite player on tour, has been for a while. My cousin and I were talking before he got to 17, Kisner was playing and we were talking about firing at the pin and how it takes huge kahones to do so on day 4 with for some of them alot of money on the line.

I love that Cam fired at the pin, go big or go home thats how you plant a long lasting name "remember when Cam went at the pin on 17 with a 2 shot lead and birdied?!" In the end that won him the tournament.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I love that Cam fired at the pin, go big or go home thats how you plant a long lasting name "remember when Cam went at the pin on 17 with a 2 shot lead and birdied?!" In the end that won him the tournament.

Actually remember when when Cam pushed his tee shot since he was aiming 10 feet left of the spot he landed  

https://www.golfmagic.com/pga-tour/cameron-smith-epic-shot-17-id-be-lying-if-i-said-i-was-aiming-there

Homa has since deleted the tweet but I was able to save a screenshot.  He mad $327k and his wife booked his flight home on Southwest.  Boarding Group C 23.  Man of the people...

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 8.41.57 AM.png

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Homa has since deleted the tweet but I was able to save a screenshot.  He mad $327k and his wife booked his flight home on Southwest.  Boarding Group C 23.  Man of the people...

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 8.41.57 AM.png

She needed more shopping money?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Actually remember when when Cam pushed his tee shot since he was aiming 10 feet left of the spot he landed  

https://www.golfmagic.com/pga-tour/cameron-smith-epic-shot-17-id-be-lying-if-i-said-i-was-aiming-there

Thats it hes off my favorite list. SALLY!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Thoughts on the Berger drop?

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1503486725896683525

I looked at the PGA Twitter video and it is real hard to correlate where he dropped to where he wanted to drop. There was Top Tracer on it that should have been real easy if there was an on course commentator to confirm where it crossed.

Either way I think it was handle correctly by him and his playing partners, he eventually had to agree with Hovland and Daiman and take the drop further back and also post round Hovland and Berger seemed to be very level headed about it.

IMO the comparison been made to Patrick Reed's is completely unwarranted.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

8 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I looked at the PGA Twitter video and it is real hard to correlate where he dropped to where he wanted to drop. There was Top Tracer on it that should have been real easy if there was an on course commentator to confirm where it crossed.

Either way I think it was handle correctly by him and his playing partners, he eventually had to agree with Hovland and Daiman and take the drop further back and also post round Hovland and Berger seemed to be very level headed about it.

It's absolutely wrong to call Berger, Reed in this instance...or ever.

A lot of folks on board with the "if Hovland says it's true it is because he's friendly and doesn't like confrontation."

Anyone else wonder if it's also possible that Hovland is a nice guy who is wrong?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

22 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

In the moment I am sure the player hitting the ball feels he has the best angle, I would tend to agree. I am of the stance though....dont put it in the water you wont have an issue.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

In the moment I am sure the player hitting the ball feels he has the best angle, I would tend to agree. I am of the stance though....dont put it in the water you wont have an issue.

It really was cringe.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

33 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

Since they were a threesome, one guy arguing against two guys is pointless.

Remember in 2018 and again it was Joel Dahmen playing with Sung Kang...

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/joel-dahmen-calls-out-playing-partner-kang-cheated

Dahmen called out Kang's drop... and lost!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I dont think hovland or dahmen were being at all malicious. I think they were doing what they thought was right. Victor is probably my favorite current tour player, but in this instance they were wrong and Berger was right about the point the ball crossed the water. Berger obviously wasn't happy, but did take the right path and do what his playing partners thought was right. 

It did cost him about 50y, so that was a big deal. Victor and Joel both thought the shot was a pure block to the right. And it never started left of the flag. Berger definitely started it left of the flag and is why he was so adamant about them being wrong.  

I mentioned this to my wife last week on why I have a really hard time watching the NBA, but the integrity of pga players on how they self officiate and resolve issues even when they know it isn't good for them is amazing compared to many high level team sports where getting the officials to rule in your favor is the only thing they care about. We were watching a game where one of the players batted a ball out of bounds, then spent 20 seconds arguing that he never touched it. It probably happens in every game played, and is just how that game is played, but to me of shows a lack of character and makes every player out there a cheater to the nth degree. 

Reed is the always held out for a couple rulings he has argued over on the last couple years. By NBA, fifa or NFL standards he would be the cleanest player in any of those leagues. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I honestly couldn't figure out why he was making such an issue out of it.  So long as he was behind the last point of entry, no foul.  Was he looking for a particular yardage or angle? Seemed like a lot of consternation over not very much difference.

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Victor is probably my favorite current tour player,

I would have guessed as a Tyrrell Hatton or Paul Casey... shows you what I know 🙂

Dayuuum... NORAD missile site way points are easier to find on the interwebz than how many balls got rinsed at #17.  Need some help here finding this info.

37 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Dayuuum... NORAD missile site way points are easier to find on the interwebz than how many balls got rinsed at #17.  Need some help here finding this info.

No joke. I found this through two rounds and seems legit. 

https://twitter.com/gsmitter/status/1503080356811055107?s=20&t=mBOHuQ5a_OIvJInlmJwutg

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

# of balls in the water? A lot fewer then the previous weeks' event. FYI I was hoping Varner could do it on Monday.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

# of balls in the water? A lot fewer then the previous weeks' event. FYI I was hoping Varner could do it on Monday.  

Me too but I made the mistake of benching him in place of Cameron Young 😬.  I still think he gets his first PGA Tour solo win this year 👍.

20 hours ago, cnosil said:

Only problem is that doesn’t provide the total for this year…yet. 

Hah, I'm still living in 2021... wow I really wasn't paying attention!  

Tour Edge EXS KBS Max 80

Tour Edge C722 3H, 5H Ventus Blue 7-R (great stock shaft)

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60

Ping G400 UST Helium Proto 5f4

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

He says 57 water balls on 17. This guy says he looked up all the PGA shotlink data to get the number. I had to ask him on Twitter. 

I did reply back just because his first tweet said 47 in first two rounds and 33 in round 2. So those numbers don't match. So I'm asking for clarification. 

So this is Tee Shots in the water on 17. Does not account for drop zone shots that went into the water. 

40 minutes ago, DannyDips said:

So this is Tee Shots in the water on 17. Does not account for drop zone shots that went into the water. 

We're getting closer. Still nuts that no PGA sourced information is available. Rinsed balls on Sawgrass 17 has become an event within the event... the PGA needs to up its game on this 😐.

And now we wait....

image.png.8f079dab9ef385f496b2a78697fdc557.png

Still no response from the PGA and nothing on the internet.  Maybe with the crazy weather, they lost count and nobody knows for certain.  Maybe we'll have to wait and announce the winner (if we have one) in the 2023 thread. 😆