Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PXG Gen 5 Irons Conforming List!

in4par

It’s funny how 1 post here or there can tell you everything you need to know about someone without even meeting them lol. 

Anyways, I think the Gen5 Chrome looks amazing and the Black Label Elite even more so. I got a set of Gen3 T’s as heads only and purchased my shafts after the fact (all second hand) but I couldn’t be happier. I played the Gen2’s and these feel so much better to me. My gen3’s should wear out(or more likely my love for them will) right around the time the Gen5’s drop to that $125-150 an iron sweet spot lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

You can tell who struggles with reading comprehension too. So many people putting words in my proverbial mouth… 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS with Autoflex X-stiff 

3-Wood: :ping-small: 425 Max w/ KBS TD 60

Irons: :taylormade-small:P790 w/ X-stiff True Temper DG 105

Hybrids::taylormade-small: DHY Utility Irons 4 & 5

Wedges::taylormade-small: MG3 w/ KBS Black Wedge Shaft (50, 54,58)

Putter: Cure RX5 w/ P2 React Grip

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Then why even bring up used cars at all;  you simply wouldn't be happy with a prior year even if it was new.    Either way you are free to spend your money on whatever you want; I really don't care. 

That’s literally what i said

8 hours ago, jfull1914 said:

I said that I can’t buy clubs that I know are old. Not the same thing. I buy new irons about every 3-4 years, and when I do, I want the latest model.

🙄🙄🙄

I've not had a chance to test any PXG irons.  Now that I think about it, I don't even recall if any were amongst the plethora of shiny metal candy in the numerous cabinet drawers during my TrueSpec fitting.  In fairness, they were not on my short list of make/models I wanted to test - and that was largely based on cost.  But, I've actually been surprised to see just how competitive their products are.  This is especially true with Bob's love for "slashing prices" on prior gen models and military discounts.  

Personally, the recessed Torx screws, which is PXG's trademark, have never done it for me. But if I get the chance to test some, and they run circles around the contenders, I could see my way clear to playing them 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

19 hours ago, jfull1914 said:

What are you even talking about??? It’s not even relevant to my comments. You just thought you dunked on somebody. I said I only want the latest gen of any equipment I buy, and here you go being loud and wrong. Beat it bum! 

In a golf forum that is generally the most considerate and polite of all, this post stands out, and not in a good way.  We can disagree with one another, and still act like adults.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

In fairness, they were not on my short list of make/models I wanted to test - and that was largely based on cost.  But, I've actually been surprised to see just how competitive their products are.  This is especially true with Bob's love for "slashing prices" on prior gen models and military discounts.  

Personally, the recessed Torx screws, which is PXG's trademark, have never done it for me. But if I get the chance to test some, and they run circles around the contenders, I could see my way clear to playing them 🙂.

... I only hit a 7 iron 0311 Gen3 P twice on the course and the feel and flight were really nice. Didn't run circles around competitors but can certainly hang with any of them. At $900 for a set of pw-4 with $60 upgrade MMT shafts at no additional costs they went from too expensive to an insane bargain. I went in to potentially order a set of them but the visual offset was much too excessive for my tastes. Turned out to be a good thing as I really like the Cobra '22 Forged Tecs and will hopefully have a set in April and already haver a set of Steelfiber i80's to install in them.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

In a golf forum that is generally the most considerate and polite of all, this post stands out, and not in a good way.  We can disagree with one another, and still act like adults.

Oh God,he was the one who tried to come at me! But I call him a bum and everybody wants to get all sensitive?!?

I think it’s real interesting that people are coming after me and insulting me and nobody says 💩, but if I respond, I’m the bad guy. Lemme change my avi to a white man, real quick. 🙄

And the Ignore List grows. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This thread wouldn’t have gotten derailed if so many people weren’t trying to “well actually” me to the point of not even reading what I wrote and putting words in my mouth. 
Now, I hope all of you block me. 

image.gif.834d6e73156ea77d3f90f5aa6a54a85c.gif

20 minutes ago, jfull1914 said:

This thread wouldn’t have gotten derailed if so many people weren’t trying to “well actually” me to the point of not even reading what I wrote and putting words in my mouth. 
Now, I hope all of you block me. 

image.gif.834d6e73156ea77d3f90f5aa6a54a85c.gif

Well this all escalated quickly. 

Back to the topic at hand. Definitely right at the line here so although no blocking (not something we typically do), this will be a call out to this thread to keep it on track and keep it there. 

Lets not go down this road and have to shut down the thread, so to all be civil and continue on with the Gen5 discussion.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

7 minutes ago, Riverboat said:

Gotta say I don't think anything you said was any more inflammatory than a few of the responses to you. It would be nice if everyone would stay calm, but I do think you had the right to be somewhat offended at some of those responses. 

As i posted above. We are moving on.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

10 hours ago, in4par said:

When do Gen 5 release anyone know? I’m on fence with these or srixon zx 5 & 7 and need to decide.   Thanks. 👍🏻

Next month. If PXG sticks to their normal pricing structure these are going to be significantly mode expensive than the srixons. The gen4 will probably drop some in price  

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Thanks.  My #'s with Gen 4 were so good I hate to say against Srixon (and all others) that I think I'll stick with them for now and let Gen 5 run its course and hopefully come down in price when time is right.   With gas being $6 gallon now I don't need the extra expense.   Thank you!

Staying with Gen 4 for now, let the dust settle with this release.  Not spending that kind of money PXG will list them at first.   I like the look though and curious about the tech going into them.  More in the details to follow I'm sure coming.   

On 3/11/2022 at 9:07 AM, ExTrumpet said:

Order the Gen 4's at a fraction of the price. 

Gen 5 doesn't look to be vastly different...and to be honest, not sure there's a vast difference between Gen 1 for that matter!  They are all beautiful irons!

There are vast differences between PXG club releases. The difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 was nothing short of profound. Gen 4 we’re simply better in every way. Rumor has it that the difference beteeen Gen 4 and 5 is at least as big as between Gen 4 and 5. 

Just now, Vagabundo94 said:

There are vast differences between PXG club releases. The difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 was nothing short of profound. Gen 4 we’re simply better in every way. Rumor has it that the difference beteeen Gen 4 and 5 is at least as big as between Gen 4 and 5. 

Too many typos from my phone. Last sentence was to say Gen 4 to 5 is supposed to be as great of a leap as 3 to 4 was. 

1 hour ago, Roxy13113 said:

Hearing PXG fitters will have the irons next week.

I’ve heard some have them but they can’t show them or fit them yet 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the Gen Five 311Ps today.The major difference between the 4 and 5s is the placement of tungsten weights on the toe and heel of the iron the effect of which is to increase the peripheral weight and lower the center of gravity on the club. They are absolutely beautiful and perhaps a tad more forgiving than the 4s.

8 hours ago, Sloave said:

I was able to hit the new Gen 5 at the PXG store in Mesa AZ. The look and feel are phenomenal, very solid club. They are going to be expensive for the first year or so - 5K for a full set.... so I am told by one of their fitters...

Good gracious! There is zero chance that buying a set for $5k would be better for one’s game than a set for $1,500. Crazy. Again, if one has the money and wants the golf relative “Gucci bag”, do it!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

8 hours ago, Sloave said:

I was able to hit the new Gen 5 at the PXG store in Mesa AZ. The look and feel are phenomenal, very solid club. They are going to be expensive for the first year or so - 5K for a full set.... so I am told by one of their fitters...

As always the 0311 line is their premium line and their prices for new releases are the typical high end price associated with PXG. $5k is for a full bag of clubs including the bag. 

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

As always the 0311 line is their premium line and their prices for new releases are the typical high end price associated with PXG. $5k is for a full bag of clubs including the bag. 

Ahhh. I missed that point. Whole bag, and a bag. I was thinking a full set of irons. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 minute ago, PMookie said:

Ahhh. I missed that point. Whole bag, and a bag. I was thinking a full set of irons. 

All good. Full set of irons for new release will vary depending on number of irons and if stock shaft and grips. Full set of 8 irons with stock setup will probably be  $3k if they hold to the $375/iron price the gen4 were released at.

The full bag option saves some money over buying it separately over the course of the year or two years 

5 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Yeah, the last couple years they have been offering full bag setup/pricing that is "discounted" from buying them piece by piece.  Still pretty pricey for the new releases, but the Gen3 is a great deal on a full bag now, and Gen 4 probablyh is as well, but I haven't looked it up recently.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12