TESTERS WANTED! ×

PAYNTR X 002 LE?

Middler

Never heard of them until today, but they sound great! Reportedly available 4/1. 1st in Comfort, 1st in Traction and 3rd in Elements - if I was confident in sizing I'd order today!

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.30.13 PM.png

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

• 4 weeks later...

They look really sharp! I hope they become available in Canada as I'm always worried about ordering shoes online.

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

5 hours ago, vrnyn said:

I ordered a pair last week, will post my thoughts when they arrive!

Much appreciated, I’d be interested in how sizes run from your experience. I’d order sight unseen if I was sure about what size I’d need.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 3:19 PM, Middler said:

Much appreciated, I’d be interested in how sizes run from your experience. I’d order sight unseen if I was sure about what size I’d need.

Shoes just arrived today, they had some trouble with shipping to Canada.

I ordered size 14, they fit perfectly.

I wear size 15 in Nike Air Max 90 G

I wear size 14 in Adidas tour 360 but could easily go size 15.

Will take them out for a range session today and update.

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Futura X5

5 hours ago, vrnyn said:

Shoes just arrived today, they had some trouble with shipping to Canada.

I ordered size 14, they fit perfectly.

I wear size 15 in Nike Air Max 90 G

I wear size 14 in Adidas tour 360 but could easily go size 15.

Will take them out for a range session today and update.

Good timing. I ordered size 13, and they arrived last Fri. Gorgeous and they look very well made. Walked/played 18 yesterday and they felt great, comfy right out of the box, but I need more rounds to be sure. I wear a size 12 in Adidas, golf and running shoes, though by the end of a round my CodeChaos feel tight. The Payntr felt a little bigger, but more comfy at the end of the round and not too big. So as MGS noted, you might want a 1/2 size bigger Payntr vs Adidas - but it appears to be a small difference if any.

5BB70CA0-3409-4B44-B67F-B51F14DAA56A.jpeg

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

• 4 weeks later...

So I’ve had my Payntrs for 4 weeks, and I love them. They are more comfortable than my (previous favorite) CodeChaos, and better traction. I’ll take MGS word for better stability, but the sole seems a little stiffer so makes sense. Build quality is superior to Adidas, you can see and feel that when you have them in hand. If they are able to strike a deal to sell at PGA Superstore’s they should sell well in time. I can’t imagine they’ll do that well strictly DTC - I'll blow $40ish to try a new ball, but I won't blow $190 to try a shoe I've never seen that might not fit (with no free return exchange).

Update: They’re at PGAS now https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/golf-shoes-viewall/?prefn1=brand&prefv1=Payntr Golf&j=40186&sfmc_sub=29085760&l=64_HTML&u=1442966&mid=526003662&jb=17020&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=060322_Promotion_NewArrivals_PrintedPolos_Payntr_TeamEffort_CallawayRogue_TaylorMadeStealth&utm_term=Golf+Footwear+Men+Pantr&utm_id=40186&sfmc_id=29085760&et_rid=29085760&mi_u=29085760&mi_ecmp=060322_Promotion_NewArrivals_PrintedPolos_Payntr_TeamEffort_CallawayRogue_TaylorMadeStealth

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

• 2 months later...

I have the 001s and absolutely love them. Chose them over the 002s as from my understanding the only difference Is the upper material. Synthetic vs. Leather. 

Callaway Rogue LS 9 Ventus Black 6s 

TM stealth Fairway Wood 3 & 5 Ventus TR Blue 6S

TM Stealth Hybrid 4 Ventus Blue 7S 

Srixon ZX5 5-PW Nippon Modus 105 S 

EVNROLL ER5V 

• 2 months later...

Great shoe that no one knows about. Not sure how they break through. PGA Superstore has them now, but I have yet to see them "in stock" at stores. Of the 3 pairs of golf shoes I own and wear, the Payntrs are my favorites.

Mine are holding up very well after 5 months, no signs of any wear but I do expect at least a few years from my golf shoes. I am considering buying another pair in gray, but I am waiting to see if they add BOA to their lineup. I asked about BOA and the answer was basically you never know. 

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: I started this thread. I bought a pair of white Payntr X 002 LE's in early May. I choose them because of the ratings MGS gave them - 1st in Comfort, 1st in Traction and 3rd in Elements. Since I walk 18 at least once a week, comfort is a very high priority for my old feet. I have been very pleased with them, they are better golf shoes than any Foot Joys or Adidas Codechaos (my prior favorites) I have ever owned.

I was thinking about another color way and considering another pair of Payntrs, but I've read reviews and testimonials elsewhere about the Biom C4's, and several of my regular golf buds swear by their Ecco golf shoes. So I caved and bought a pair of gray Ecco Biom C4's - despite the high price. They are shockingly comfortable, even more than the Payntr's IME. Where my feet are starting to ache when I get to the last couple holes in any other shoe including the Payntr's, I haven't had any foot pain wearing the C4's through 18!!!

So I guess I don't know what "comfort" means in testing, maybe what I was looking for was specifically cushioning which is a subset of comfort?

As much as I like the Payntr's, the Biom C4's are incredibly MORE comfortable and so far no issues whatsoever in traction or elements, including 1 round where the course was very soggy. FWIW

0022617_ecco-biom-c4-golf-shoes-concrete

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well it doesn't appear the Payntr is catching on in the USA. I am completely satisfied with my Paynter 002's after almost 18 months, including quite a few walking rounds. However, my Ecco Boom C4's are just as good for comfort, traction and stability, although they cost $30 more than the Payntrs. I have yet to see anyone else wearing Payntr golf shoes, and only 1 person in over 150 rounds has ever even noticed or asked about mine...

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

30 minutes ago, Middler said:

Well it doesn't appear the Payntr is catching on in the USA. I am completely satisfied with my Paynter 002's after almost 18 months, including quite a few walking rounds. However, my Ecco Boom C4's are just as good for comfort, traction and stability, although they cost $30 more than the Payntrs. I have yet to see anyone else wearing Payntr golf shoes, and only 1 person in over 150 rounds has ever even noticed or asked about mine...

I was going to grab their deal on the 001's, but they're out of my size in the colors I wanted. So I'll have to wait for another sale.

I reached out to their support team to get details on sizing, as like the Ecco they're hard to find locally to try on. I gave them a handful of shoes and sizes and they gave me their recommendations. Great to hear they're as comfy as MGS says they are. I like the fact they're cheaper than Ecco, but still have high quality and comfort. My Skechers are horrible on the comfort side, even after riding.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

2 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I was going to grab their deal on the 001's, but they're out of my size in the colors I wanted. So I'll have to wait for another sale.

I reached out to their support team to get details on sizing, as like the Ecco they're hard to find locally to try on. I gave them a handful of shoes and sizes and they gave me their recommendations. Great to hear they're as comfy as MGS says they are. I like the fact they're cheaper than Ecco, but still have high quality and comfort. My Skechers are horrible on the comfort side, even after riding.

Even though I wore a size 12 Foot Joy and Adidas golf shoes, you may have noticed I bought size 13 in Payntr and glad I did, they fit perfect. My Ecco’s are also size 13, also glad I ordered that size. A 12 in either would fit fine in a store, but they’d be a little tight after walking 18. FWIW

Edited by Middler
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Just now, Middler said:

Even though I wore a size 12 Foot Joy and Adidas golf shoes, you may have noticed I bought size 13 in Payntr and glad I did, they fit perfect. My Ecco’s are also size 13, also glad I ordered that size. A 12 in either would fit fine in a store, but they’d be a little tight after walking 18. FWIW

Ecco support told me to buy an EU 45 and Payntr said to buy an 11.5. My current ASICS are 11's and my Skechers are 11.5. I shared the details of all my current and some past shoes and sizes and these are what they told me they'd recommend. I think one of my pro shops carries Ecco, so I might be able to try them on. But Payntr's are not close (PGATSS isn't within an hour of me), so I'd rely on their recommendation. My feet are about a 1/4 size difference in length, so I think the 11.5 should work and that's probably where I'll start. If I have to pay shipping for an exchange, so be it.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

• 3 months later...

Purchased the grey X 002 LE model a year ago directly off Payntr’s website for $200.  Excellent fit and comfort and enjoy not having anyone else at my club wear them.

However, be forewarned:  these shoes will discolor from exposure to the sun.  Which seems crazy given most of us golf in sunshine.

Reached out to Payntr Customer Service and they took my complaint to their Product Director who admitted the TPU used in the shoe will turn yellowish.  They then offered me a 25% discount on my next purchase.  As if I’m going to spend money on one of their products which will also discolor.  Very nonsensical to me.  So, unless you like to golf at night, I’d stay away from spending money with this company.