Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2022 Bridgestones

I haven’t been able to get out on the course yet this year here in Indiana, I was wondering if anyone in warmer climates have had a chance to play the new Bridgestone BXS yet and if you saw any difference?

• :callaway-small:Paradym AI Smoke Max Ventus TR Blue 5S
  • :Sub70: 3 & 7W 949 stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 921 JPX Tour 5-W Stiff Nippon 120
  • :taylormade-small: MG4 Raw Grind 50, 56 & 60 Stiff
  • :ping-small: Ping Anser 2 putter 
  • :titleist-small: Pro V1
  • EZ Go 4 seater

I am also interested in this.  I see the older generation balls at substantial discounts and wonder how much different the new ones are from the prior generation.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

44 minutes ago, YourKillingMeSmalls said:

I haven’t been able to get out on the course yet this year here in Indiana, I was wondering if anyone in warmer climates have had a chance to play the new Bridgestone BXS yet and if you saw any difference?

From just a launch and spin perspective... I can't see a statistical difference. They both are still the same from that end. If the newer one is slightly more durable or better in the wind or something, I can't speak to that. But from just the measurable, nothing worth noting changed.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

1 minute ago, Thin2win said:

From just a launch and spin perspective... I can't see a statistical difference. They both are still the same from that end. If the newer one is slightly more durable or better in the wind or something, I can't speak to that. But from just the measurable, nothing worth noting changed.

Have you had a chance to test the Maxflis?

• :callaway-small:Paradym AI Smoke Max Ventus TR Blue 5S
  • :Sub70: 3 & 7W 949 stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 921 JPX Tour 5-W Stiff Nippon 120
  • :taylormade-small: MG4 Raw Grind 50, 56 & 60 Stiff
  • :ping-small: Ping Anser 2 putter 
  • :titleist-small: Pro V1
  • EZ Go 4 seater

35 minutes ago, HAC said:

I am also interested in this.  I see the older generation balls at substantial discounts and wonder how much different the new ones are from the prior generation.

Unless the brand does a complete spin profile change, the changes version to version are really minor. Usually aimed at a tour pros requesting half a degree more launch or 140 less spin. Small enough changes that us non tour pros would mask just in our std dev of shot hitting. Durability usually gets improved, and quality control generally gets better. Those are the biggest changes, and even then, they are normally very slight. 

18 minutes ago, YourKillingMeSmalls said:

Have you had a chance to test the Maxflis?

I have, both tour and tour x. Best value on the market as far as I can tell. The tour especially, it is a slightly higher launching (half a degree) slightly higher spinning (100rpm) prov1 from my testing(driver) . Which for me makes it a little more consistent. But those differences are again, so small that their averages overlap in my testing. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

The TM TP5 is a ball that is actually pretty different between this and the prior gen, but that is more the exception then the rule. 

I do like the new alignment aids on the new version of the maxflis. 

WITB: