Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Favorite Golf Prank

bens197

A little levity in this world is what many of us need.  

My phone alerted me this morning of some favorite memories and one that jumped out was a prank we played on a friend in 2013 at the PGA Championship.  He is a twice a month golfer but loves watching it more than playing.  He'd never been to a Tour event and we'd convinced him that golf spikes are required to attend due to the delicate nature of the course and grounds.

He went out and bought a brand new pair of Adidas Tour 360's and once he got to the shuttle he knew he was had...

Fun day.  We paid for his MIller's all day...

So what have you guys got?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I know its not the best for the course and I would not do it to everyone (I.E. those that are serious about playing like myself) but some of my friends and military friends are just weekend warriors and they like to drink/smoke....respectful but you know the type, they are not shooting low and could care less if they do.

I love untying a bag on a cart on those guys. We all get a good laugh. First time was playing out in California at a Admiral Baker golf course near our base. We untied a friend of ours bag on the tee box. He drove a good 200 yards before he figure it out. Classic....

PSA Would never do this if it were going to hold up the couse or to someone that would really get pissed, only those jokesters! Before I get attacked 🤣

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I know its not the best for the course and I would not do it to everyone (I.E. those that are serious about playing like myself) but some of my friends and military friends are just weekend warriors and they like to drink/smoke....respectful but you know the type, they are not shooting low and could care less if they do.

I love untying a bag on a cart on those guys. We all get a good laugh. First time was playing out in California at a Admiral Baker golf course near our base. We untied a friend of ours bag on the tee box. He drove a good 200 yards before he figure it out. Classic....

PSA Would never do this if it were going to hold up the couse or to someone that would really get pissed, only those jokesters! Before I get attacked 🤣

It never fails, in nearly every scramble when the starter says go, you hear pedals hit the floor and then thwack…down go the clubs. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It never fails, in nearly every scramble when the starter says go, you hear pedals hit the floor and then thwack…down go the clubs. 

Time and place right? I love it I always laugh, easily amused 🤣

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

30 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

My cousin does that to my dad almost annually on the fall Sebago trip.... typically towards the middle of the second round if they're playing too slow.  I'll let you venture a guess as to the mental condition of them during those times. haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

My cousin does that to my dad almost annually on the fall Sebago trip.... typically towards the middle of the second round if they're playing too slow.  I'll let you venture a guess as to the mental condition of them during those times. haha

Homemade wine doesn't take much to get go a good mental state.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

42 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Happened all the time at my old course; not because someone untied the bag, but because the carts were so old and the straps so worn; they would eventually work loose.  We always strapped our bags on with a bungee cord.  It's so nice now at our new course, we get new leased carts every 3 years... but it still happens at scrambles!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

Happened all the time at my old course; not because someone untied the bag, but because the carts were so old and the straps so worn; they would eventually work loose.  We always strapped our bags on with a bungee cord.  It's so nice now at our new course, we get new leased carts every 3 years... but it still happens at scrambles!!!

Old Yamaha gas carts?  The engines never die but everything else does!

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I've done this a few times during an outing to the group behind us. This works on holes where the tee shot is somewhat blind. We would hang back a bit to see where the group behind us tee shots landed. If two were in the fairway we would then throw out two white marshmallows further down the fairway. They get to the first balls and hit then the guys who hit it in the woods get all excited that they bombed one. When they get to the ball they see it's a marshmallow.  Funny to watch!  But amazing that they fall for it a few times in the same round. Then they have to back track to find the ball in the woods. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Old Yamaha gas carts?  The engines never die but everything else does!

Yep!  With a couple of EZGOs in there.  The pro never bought new carts; he never bought used carts from courses that were getting new carts.  He bought a cart here and there that were junk and used parts from his dead cart yard to put them on the line.  Man, they were rough riding with no suspension on a former goat track... really, it was a goat farm!!  Some goats in a field on the other side of the fence!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This one is just plain cruel but well deserved. On a golf trip one guy gets so drunk he was more than annoying. After the round there was some additional time spent socializing in the 19th hole. He had way to many and was being obnoxious. Driving back to the rental house he kept reaching up from the back seat trying to blindfold the driver (me) with his hands. Barely making it into the house, he still wanted more and we cut him off and told him to go to sleep. 

Plan goes into effect. We waited an hour until he was good and passed out and it was dark out. Turned all the lights off. I got two flashlights went up and stood at the foot of the bed. I told the other two to shake the bed hard, I turned on the two flashlights pointed them in his eyes and we all screamed " Tim look out for the truck"

Ohhh it was beautiful........... He sat up screamed, his eyes turned blood red, passed out, fell back down in the bed and pissed himself. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I've done this a few times during an outing to the group behind us. This works on holes where the tee shot is somewhat blind. We would hang back a bit to see where the group behind us tee shots landed. If two were in the fairway we would then throw out two white marshmallows further down the fairway. They get to the first balls and hit then the guys who hit it in the woods get all excited that they bombed one. When they get to the ball they see it's a marshmallow.  Funny to watch!  But amazing that they fall for it a few times in the same round. Then they have to back track to find the ball in the woods. 

Love this one during tournaments lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I like the one where Zach Johnson shanks a ball into the crowd because he can't be bothered to stand and inch further from the ball. I swear he is intentionally trying to toe one at a spectator that says something snarky. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Another actual prank I like is to go to the far left on a driving range (right handed player) grab a range ball, toss it hard across the line in front of everyone hitting balls and yell fore. Make sure to be holding a 3i in your hand for added effect. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

14 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Another actual prank I like is to go to the far left on a driving range (right handed player) grab a range ball, toss it hard across the line in front of everyone hitting balls and yell fore. Make sure to be holding a 3i in your hand for added effect. 

That's not a prank!  I can do that anytime... with any iron.  So if I go to the far right on the range, those balls go into the fenced-in indian burial ground.

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Yet another reason to invest in quality iron head covers 🙂.

I once saw my Dad's weekly golf group (I happened to get invited as a fill in) pull off the talc golf ball routine on him.  It was his birthday and as best my memory can recall, they let him tee a ball and start to get ready to hit.  Then one of them said hold-up, we forgot to give you this little gift and called him over to the carts.  They had gotten the starter in on it and he switched his ball.  I saw that and it really did not dawn on me what was up (think I was about 10).  Anyway, he didn't catch on to it as he was somewhat caught up with the new set of "full Monty" imaged shot glasses.  

Exploding Golf Ball - $2.95 : FunSlurp.com, Unique Gifts and Fun Products  by FunSlurp

I often looked for those shot glasses at the house but they were hard to locate for some reason... and Mom was of no help at all.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

23 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

How about the old “park your cart over your playing partner’s ball as he searches for it” prank.

Oh so simple and effective... love it 👍🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)