When Does Phil Return?

On 3/18/2022 at 9:31 AM, stuka44 said:

LPGA Tour events are outstanding, on TV and in person.  I went to the LPGA event in Toledo at Sylvania CC.  When the pro's exited the 18th tee they were funnelled through an area specifically set up for kids to get autographs and pictures , my girls were like 15 &12 at the time(10 years ago).  Lydia Ko, Christina Kim, Brittany Lincicome,  Paula Creamer, Michelle Wie, all stopped and stayed as long as it took to take a photo with every kid who was there.  LPGA events are top notch.

Meh. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to a women's event. I'll watch some on TV but they are just not that entertaining. No go for it or taking chances, just loopy swings short on distance, in the middle of the fairway. It's like watching a PGA event with the whole field made up of Fred Funks, Brian Harmons and Corey Pavins.

Phil would be playing now if he could. He's put his foot in his mouth plenty of times to not feel bad or uncomfortable about it. Once he says what they really want to hear, they'll let him back out there. The hard part for FIGJAM is that a narcissist doesn't want to admit that they are wrong about something.

Phil's half assed smoothing over didn't work for the corporate machine and they don't need him anymore. I don't think there is a definitive suspension length announcement because once he issues the required crow eating they will let him back out there on double secret probation. With so many people against him his window of opportunity to save face is dwindling.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

On 3/29/2022 at 11:19 AM, Muckinfiddle said:

Meh. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to a women's event. I'll watch some on TV but they are just not that entertaining. No go for it or taking chances, just loopy swings short on distance, in the middle of the fairway. It's like watching a PGA event with the whole field made up of Fred Funks, Brian Harmons and Corey Pavins.

Phil would be playing now if he could. He's put his foot in his mouth plenty of times to not feel bad or uncomfortable about it. Once he says what they really want to hear, they'll let him back out there. The hard part for FIGJAM is that a narcissist doesn't want to admit that they are wrong about something.

Phil's half assed smoothing over didn't work for the corporate machine and they don't need him anymore. I don't think there is a definitive suspension length announcement because once he issues the required crow eating they will let him back out there on double secret probation. With so many people against him his window of opportunity to save face is dwindling.

It doesn't sound like you watch any LPGA events, if you don't think Nelly Korda, Lexi Thompson, etc. don't go for it, or that Lydia Ko's wedge and around-the-green game is not entertaining, etc. 

On 4/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, LICC said:

It doesn't sound like you watch any LPGA events, if you don't think Nelly Korda, Lexi Thompson, etc. don't go for it, or that Lydia Ko's wedge and around-the-green game is not entertaining, etc. 

Still not better than the PGA. I had a hard enough time watching the Valero tourney. LPGA is average golf television.

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

15 minutes ago, Muckinfiddle said:

Still not better than the PGA. I had a hard enough time watching the Valero tourney. LPGA is average golf television.

No one said it was better than the PGA. You complained it was boring and the players didn't take risks, which is not the best of takes by any means even on a slow day. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

No one said it was better than the PGA. You complained it was boring and the players didn't take risks, which is not the best of takes by any means even on a slow day. 

Well it's not enough.

In my Vessel bag:

On 4/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, Muckinfiddle said:

Perhaps the issue (reason) is their (LPGA's) amazing consistency.  Yes, high percentage FIR's and GIR's can make for less "exciting" golf viewing but both are game stats all players seek to improve.  I watch quite a bit of LPGA golf and have attended a handful of events.  Personally I don't find them any less entertaining.  True, they don't have the number of RU kidding me escape shots seen on the PGA, but they still have plenty of stratosphere level shot making to make me envious.

Back to the subject of Phil. I see where Frank Ridley said Phil was not uninvited from The Masters and that he sent them a note in March saying he would not be playing.  Still no word that I'm seeing on when or if he returns.  Gary Player is catching heat for saying he feels Phil's being "crucified".  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 4/8/2022 at 5:37 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Perhaps the issue (reason) is their (LPGA's) amazing consistency.  Yes, high percentage FIR's and GIR's can make for less "exciting" golf viewing but both are game stats all players seek to improve.  I watch quite a bit of LPGA golf and have attended a handful of events.  Personally I don't find them any less entertaining.  True, they don't have the number of RU kidding me escape shots seen on the PGA, but they still have plenty of stratosphere level shot making to make me envious.

Back to the subject of Phil. I see where Frank Ridley said Phil was not uninvited from The Masters and that he sent them a note in March saying he would not be playing.  Still no word that I'm seeing on when or if he returns.  Gary Player is catching heat for saying he feels Phil's being "crucified".  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Reporting just hit that Phil and Tiger have registered for the US Open. That doesn't mean they are definitely playing but Phil must be considering it. I would hate to see him miss any more majors this year.

Imagine the crowds were they to get paired up 😄.

• 3 weeks later...

Phil registered for the the PGA Championship... the big question is whether or not he will play at the Byron Nelson the week before.  He always played the week before majors.  I would think he would play since it will give him the opportunity to get all the press coverage over with and not have that distraction to contend with at the PGA.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 5/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, Kenny B said:

Phil registered for the the PGA Championship... the big question is whether or not he will play at the Byron Nelson the week before.  He always played the week before majors.  I would think he would play since it will give him the opportunity to get all the press coverage over with and not have that distraction to contend with at the PGA.

That would make sense. Either way, it will undoubtedly be a major media $***show.  Now the BIG QUESTION... do I pick him up on my FTx team and how many "I can't stand Phil" owners add him? 🤔😆 

42 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That would make sense. Either way, it will undoubtedly be a major media $***show.  Now the BIG QUESTION... do I pick him up on my FTx team and how many "I can't stand Phil" owners add him? 🤔😆 

I hear he was sporting a beard,  but haven't seen any pics yet... if that counts.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Does anyone care when he returns?  I know I haven't missed him.  Let he & Sergio go over to Saudi & never come back 🙄

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 5/6/2022 at 8:35 AM, LICC said:

Looks like Sergio will be joining Phil in joining LIV:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sergio-rules-official-liv-golf

Can't wait for him to learn that the head rules official for LIV is non-other than Slugger White!  LOL - you can't make comments like that on course that you know will get picked up and then dodge reporters after. 

Although it may seem fun to watch the LIV tour crumble, it is going to produce a bad golf product and we the viewers will suffer for a little bit of time.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Also can't wait for people to wear one of these at one of their tournaments. Club Pro Guy has been crushing it lately

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 9.25.07 AM.png

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

8 hours ago, TBS said:

Although it may seem fun to watch the LIV tour crumble, it is going to produce a bad golf product and we the viewers will suffer for a little bit of time.

We shall see.  They have some pretty cool extracurricular stuff around the main events and, with the various format changes, it may catch the interest of many more players.  At the very least, I suspect the PGA will start looking at similar changes beyond bigger purses and PIP (which has become a bit of a joke to everyone but Tiger). 

39 minutes ago, LICC said:

I wonder if he was suspended from playing this week, which would have made playing in the PGA less distracting. This is getting to be too much. Phil said stupid  and obnoxious things and deserved criticism but not to be cancelled from playing majors. 

What would he be suspended for?

The league doesn’t suspend people for asking for exemptions, so what can you point to that he did that would cause a suspension?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What would he be suspended for?

The league doesn’t suspend people for asking for exemptions, so what can you point to that he did that would cause a suspension?

There is substantial speculation that he is or was suspended. Likely for disparaging comments about the Tour and active involvement in creating a competing tour. 

26 minutes ago, LICC said:

There is substantial speculation that he is or was suspended. Likely for disparaging comments about the Tour and active involvement in creating a competing tour. 

What is the hard evidence for this speculation? He signed up then per the tournament he pulled out. If he was on suspension he wouldn’t have actually registered for the event. Not to mention before that he’s the one who decided to step away from tour events. He’s also the one who hasn’t even reached out to the commissioner to talk about anything. He tried to back track a little on his comments.

The articles I’ve read all indicate there’s nothing to suggest he secretly suspended. So leaping to this speculation is almost baseless 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What is the hard evidence for this speculation? He signed up then per the tournament he pulled out. If he was on suspension he wouldn’t have actually registered for the event. Not to mention before that he’s the one who decided to step away from tour events. He’s also the one who hasn’t even reached out to the commissioner to talk about anything. He tried to back track a little on his comments.

The articles I’ve read all indicate there’s nothing to suggest he secretly suspended. So leaping to this speculation is almost baseless 

I’m talking about the Byron Nelson, this week’s event, which is a PGA Tour event. 

No clue whether Phil is suspended or not as I have not read anything saying for sure either way but he hasn’t played the Byron Nelson since 2012 so this isn’t a normal week to see Phil anyways. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, LICC said:

I’m talking about the Byron Nelson, this week’s event, which is a PGA Tour event. 

Again zero indication that he’s been suspended by the tour. He hasn’t talked to the commissioner in months. He’s avoiding the tour for whatever reason. 

As as mentioned below it’s not a normal tournament on his schedule. So without any supporting evidence it’s speculation pulled out of thin air 

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

No clue whether Phil is suspended or not as I have not read anything saying for sure either way but he hasn’t played the Byron Nelson since 2012 so this isn’t a normal week to see Phil anyways. 

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

As as mentioned below it’s not a normal tournament on his schedule. So without any supporting evidence it’s speculation pulled out of thin air 

The Commissioner was asked flat out if Mickelson was suspended and he didn’t answer no. He was vague. Phil himself hasn’t said either way. He may not be suspended, but that’s not thin air. 

13 hours ago, LICC said:

The Commissioner was asked flat out if Mickelson was suspended and he didn’t answer no. He was vague. Phil himself hasn’t said either way. He may not be suspended, but that’s not thin air. 

So you complaints about the treatment of Phil for his words and actions against the pga tour are based on a non answer from the commission and Phil not playing in an event he doesn’t normally play in. Grasping at straws in an effort to throw shade at the tour and whoever else. Ok. That’s weak sauce 

23 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So you complaints about the treatment of Phil for his words and actions against the pga tour are based on a non answer from the commission and Phil not playing in an event he doesn’t normally play in. Grasping at straws in an effort to throw shade at the tour and whoever else. Ok. That’s weak sauce 

You are not following the conversation. Where did I say anything negative about the Tour? We don’t even know if he is suspended or not. 

Read this for perspective on Phil’s situation:

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/33916213/pretty-big-fall-how-everything-changed-phil-mickelson-just-one-year

On 5/14/2022 at 9:28 PM, LICC said:

The Tour doesn't comment on any types of player discipline, I don't think Monahan's choice of no-comment should be taken as indicative of anything.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

2 hours ago, LICC said:

You are not following the conversation. Where did I say anything negative about the Tour? We don’t even know if he is suspended or not. 

Read this for perspective on Phil’s situation:

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/33916213/pretty-big-fall-how-everything-changed-phil-mickelson-just-one-year

let’s look at your words and how it’s changed from majors to the event this past week as well.

Phil’s situation is his own doing. But nothing in that article supports your stance that he was cancelled from majors. He pulled out of both the master and the pga. Neither tournament banned him or disinvited him. Nothing in the at article leads to indicates he’s secretly suspended. It’s just talking about how he went from being on top to not, which again was his doing by trying to have his cake and eat it to. The real Phil revealed himself and the smoke and mirrors that have been around Phil the nice guy got erased and the world got to see the real Phil.

On 5/14/2022 at 7:51 AM, LICC said:

I wonder if he was suspended from playing this week, which would have made playing in the PGA less distracting. This is getting to be too much. Phil said stupid  and obnoxious things and deserved criticism but not to be cancelled from playing majors. 

On 5/14/2022 at 1:18 PM, LICC said:

On 5/14/2022 at 9:28 PM, LICC said:

these statements are you talking negative about the tour and/or the pga championship cancelling him for his recent actions and that he should be allowed to play. Then pointed out he pulled out you then shifted to talking about this week and the commissioner not saying yes or no about his suspension and speculation based on this and that since he isn’t playing this past week leads to him being secretly suspended. There’s been no evidence presented that he’s been cancelled from playing golf on the pga tour or the majors.

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

let’s look at your words and how it’s changed from majors to the event this past week as well.

Phil’s situation is his own doing. But nothing in that article supports your stance that he was cancelled from majors. He pulled out of both the master and the pga. Neither tournament banned him or disinvited him. Nothing in the at article leads to indicates he’s secretly suspended. It’s just talking about how he went from being on top to not, which again was his doing by trying to have his cake and eat it to. The real Phil revealed himself and the smoke and mirrors that have been around Phil the nice guy got erased and the world got to see the real Phil.

these statements are you talking negative about the tour and/or the pga championship cancelling him for his recent actions and that he should be allowed to play. Then pointed out he pulled out you then shifted to talking about this week and the commissioner not saying yes or no about his suspension and speculation based on this and that since he isn’t playing this past week leads to him being secretly suspended. There’s been no evidence presented that he’s been cancelled from playing golf on the pga tour or the majors.

Not one of my statements above is in any way critical of or negative toward the Tour.