New Driver

Skibum

43 minutes ago, IONEPUTT said:

I just finished using the TrueGolffit  FREE driver fitting and I was NOT impressed at all. The app came up with a driver that they said would get me 9.5 more yards and 5.4 yard better accuracy. I have NO idea how they came to those numbers when the app has NO idea of how far I'm hitting my current driver, nor how accurate I hit it. The top pick they came up with was using a 65 gram shaft, and the second option used a 55 grams shaft.  Those two shaft weight MAY be find for some, but not for me. When I was fit by a club fitter hitting balls on a launcher the result came back that 75 grams shaft was the best fit for me and my swing. NOT exactly what this online fitting app came up with.  This online fitting app did NOT even ask me what loft head I was using and that does matter, so again I'm not impressed with this free online fitting.

While I openly admit that what works for me may or may not work for others,  but I think I'll stick with a real driver fitting using a real launch monitor and a varity of clubheads and shafts before I spend MY money on a new driver. Just my opinion of course, but I think a lot of others will agree that a real fitting is a better way to go than any online app fitting. 

If you have read anything at all about TrueGolfFit, you would know it was never intended or mentioned to be a replacment for a live fitting.  Matter of fact, in any article about TrueGolfFit, it is mentioned right up front than an in person fitting--often costing $50 to $150 is the ideal way to be fit.    But for those who can't afford or have no access to a live fitting TrueGolfFit gives an idea of where to start looking and to get somewhat of an idea of what will work for MOST players with the same swing dynamics, it's not meant to be a personalized fitting. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, IONEPUTT said:

I just finished using the TrueGolffit  FREE driver fitting and I was NOT impressed at all. The app came up with a driver that they said would get me 9.5 more yards and 5.4 yard better accuracy. I have NO idea how they came to those numbers when the app has NO idea of how far I'm hitting my current driver, nor how accurate I hit it. The top pick they came up with was using a 65 gram shaft, and the second option used a 55 grams shaft.  Those two shaft weight MAY be find for some, but not for me. When I was fit by a club fitter hitting balls on a launcher the result came back that 75 grams shaft was the best fit for me and my swing. NOT exactly what this online fitting app came up with.  This online fitting app did NOT even ask me what loft head I was using and that does matter, so again I'm not impressed with this free online fitting.

While I openly admit that what works for me may or may not work for others,  but I think I'll stick with a real driver fitting using a real launch monitor and a varity of clubheads and shafts before I spend MY money on a new driver. Just my opinion of course, but I think a lot of others will agree that a real fitting is a better way to go than any online app fitting. 

I believe even the MGS team will tell you an in person fitting is better.  The TrueGolf Fit app is not designed to compare against you current driver and is primarily intended for golfers who buy OTR; which isn’t you based on you posting history .   The yardage and accuracy gains are against the average driver in the system that matches you entered parameters.   It is like their most wanted testing it is about what OTR driver will work best for highest percentage of people that meet the entered criteria.  When you actually try that driver it may or may not work for you and your swing.  

I think most hardcore golfers who do some level of fitting for their clubs would agree with your assessment.  i would guess 90+%of golfers don’t do any kind of fitting so this is far better than nothing.   

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

When I I tried the online fitting I entered swing speed of Medium, 95-105 MPH and tempo as Fast.  First off, I'm not sure why the app considers 95-105 to be Medium, when I read all the time that most golfers can't reach 90 MPH. If that's even close to true, I would think 95-105 would NOT be medium.  Then the app came back with one pick being a driver with a Senior flex 50 class shaft. Last I checked, 95-105 MPH is NOT in the senior flex range, more like upper R to upper S flex, depending on the shaft make and model.  And with the Fast tempo as a factor, R flex would be ruled out by most club fitters I know.  I'm just reporting on what I think of the app and you can decide if I have any valid points or not. Have a nice weekend guys, Forecast is sunny and warm here In Colorado. 

• Like 1

I think new shafts offer tighter dispersion.  Whether your driver head can be matched to a new shaft?  Up to you and a fitter.

Driver  Callaway Epic on Recoil F2 (senior) flex

Three wood is TM Burner Superfast 3.0 on M (mature) flex

3H Old Adams A3OS red boxster on stock Graffaloy Platinum reg shaft

3 MP 18 MMC and 4 GFF hybrid Mizuno irons

5 Mizu hybrid Fli-hi

6 - W Ping I 500 irons on Recoil F3 reg flex shafts

Wedges:  Mizuno blue 52 09, 60 06, and old original Hogan Sure-out 56 14 sand

Chipper (yep I carry a chipper) old Don Martin Up n In bronze 

Putter Musty wood mallet, sometimes switch with my Scotty Cameron Futura X counter weight face balanced