TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sluggo’s Golftec Lessons

I just had lesson 9 of 10 last night. Seems we go back to old faults to touch them up. I had a fair amount to work on over the winter and it's getting closer. Courses are opening very soon. Golftec is a great place.

I used GolfTEC in both Cleveland and Salt Lake City for lesson and practice. I achieved greater progress during my time in Ohio and then used my SLC sessions to keep what I had achieved. I started out VERY over-the-top and ended up with a much better swing which has since been refined by periodic lessons with a non-GolfTEC coach here in Atlanta.

• TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S
  • TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
  • Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

1 hour ago, NewbGolfer83 said:

Sluggo which golftec did you go to Ie what state

I’m in Ventura, California. And my golftec  is in Oxnard. My instructor name is Joey Paniccia.

Super cool dude

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 hours ago, Onesavant said:

GolfTec = GolfWreck.  Why would anyone take a golf lesson indoors, when ball flight is too artificial to see or learn from. It's like taking a swimming lesson on dry land, and not actually in the water.  Hogan said that the "ball" was the teacher.  Hit it--watch it--follow it--find it.  The do it again.  Your instructor is being told by the computer, which by the way, @ most GolfTec's are already obsolete, what you are doing wrong. They simply compare your angles to the averages of the top players.  Anyone can do that.  The value of the teacher is to fix or correct those issues.  There's a re reason that they "Up-sell" you packages of lessons in advance,it's because, a majority of their students would not show up for the next one, except they already paid for it.  I guess if you think it was beneficial, then it was.  I'd be curious to find out if there will be any real improvement after your 5 sessions are completed; or will 'Joey' try to up-sell you more pre-paid sessions.  I talk to guys all the time that do not ever complete all of their sessions. That's why you can't give your lessons to someone else.  Like I said: "GolfTec = GolfWreck"....

I don’t share your opinion, but you are certainly entitled to it.

I think it’s also wise to have realistic expectations. If you normally shoot well into the hundreds, it’s gunna be a difficult journey. If you’re a single digit like myself, the lessons are going to be completely different, and very specific. 

3 hours ago, Onesavant said:

GolfTec = GolfWreck.  Why would anyone take a golf lesson indoors, when ball flight is too artificial to see or learn from. It's like taking a swimming lesson on dry land, and not actually in the water.  Hogan said that the "ball" was the teacher.  Hit it--watch it--follow it--find it.  The do it again.  Your instructor is being told by the computer, which by the way, @ most GolfTec's are already obsolete, what you are doing wrong. They simply compare your angles to the averages of the top players.  Anyone can do that.  The value of the teacher is to fix or correct those issues.  There's a re reason that they "Up-sell" you packages of lessons in advance,it's because, a majority of their students would not show up for the next one, except they already paid for it.  I guess if you think it was beneficial, then it was.  I'd be curious to find out if there will be any real improvement after your 5 sessions are completed; or will 'Joey' try to up-sell you more pre-paid sessions.  I talk to guys all the time that do not ever complete all of their sessions. That's why you can't give your lessons to someone else.  Like I said: "GolfTec = GolfWreck"....

Thats not true at all. I know plenty of people that have improved greatly at golf tech and from taking lessons in doors. Is it  the same as hitting on grass, and watching the ball, of course not. But to say that a player shouldnt take in door lessons is absurd. Good mechanics can be learned anywhere. Lets not forget, Mr Hogan worked on his swing playing pretend golf with out a club on the way to the store for his mom. Pretty sure the fancy computers and indoor matts offer more feed back than that.

@Sluggo42 good to see the positive feedback and excitement to play and improve! Keep it up!!

Edited by Tyler86

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

On 4/2/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sluggo42 said:

One thing I’ve noticed from a few friends is that they will not accept the change their teachers try to get them to do, so they just revert back to where they were.

That is so true. Have a good friend who says he wants to improve his swing and his game - and took a few lessons at a GolfTec - but then goes home and looks on YouTube for the "fix" that he thinks he needs....

Always intrigues me, in general, that an amateur golfer would bother paying and going for lessons when they've already decided they know more about the golf swing - and more about how to, umm, "fix" their own golf swing - than a PGA certified teaching professional.

Oh well whatever... 🤷‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Truth be told, I'm a GOLFTEC coach and you totally misrepresented GOLFTEC here.

The colors you referred to are a lot more important than you are leading onto. They represent the TOUR averages for 4 key motion measurements--hip and shoulder turn, tilt (not spine tilt), bend and sway.....and GOLFTEC's knows the tour averages for each motion measurement for each part of the golf swing (and there are 9 parts). Green colors are Tour averages, red colors are the worst golfers averages, yellow colors mid-to-high handicapper averages and blue colors are golfers who swing too inside to out (overdraws). GOLFTEC had two other key motion measurements almost never talked about---lead elbow flex and trail knee flex.

Not sure why you weren't impressed with the club fitting as they are among the best in the nation and rarely push aftermarket shafts (knowing that the stock shafts on the market are good enough for 99% of golfers out there).

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3-wood: Callaway Epic

3, 4 and 5 hybrids: 2018 TaylorMade M4

6-PW: TaylorMade PSI irons

TaylorMade wedges: 52, 56, 60

Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee

47 minutes ago, Dave Silbar said:

Truth be told, I'm a GOLFTEC coach and you totally misrepresented GOLFTEC here.

The colors you referred to are a lot more important than you are leading onto. They represent the TOUR averages for 4 key motion measurements--hip and shoulder turn, tilt (not spine tilt), bend and sway.....and GOLFTEC's knows the tour averages for each motion measurement for each part of the golf swing (and there are 9 parts). Green colors are Tour averages, red colors are the worst golfers averages, yellow colors mid-to-high handicapper averages and blue colors are golfers who swing too inside to out (overdraws). GOLFTEC had two other key motion measurements almost never talked about---lead elbow flex and trail knee flex.

Not sure why you weren't impressed with the club fitting as they are among the best in the nation and rarely push aftermarket shafts (knowing that the stock shafts on the market are good enough for 99% of golfers out there).

Hey man, thanks for explaining  the technicalities of the color code stuff. I was just trying to broadly explain what the first time there session was like, but obviously didn’t memorize the totality of the lines and colors etc in my first visit. I thought I conveyed the fact that it was all important.

I don’t feel like I’ve misrepresented Golftec in the least, and if you read the whole thread, you would see that I’m very happy with my lessons.

As far as the fitting, I’m not gunna rehash it all for you. I know enough about fittings to know it wasn’t the best effort the guys ever done. But, they’ve also given me a free fitting to use whenever I want. So again, good on GolfTec

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That is so true. Have a good friend who says he wants to improve his swing and his game - and took a few lessons at a GolfTec - but then goes home and looks on YouTube for the "fix" that he thinks he needs....

Always intrigues me, in general, that an amateur golfer would bother paying and going for lessons when they've already decided they know more about the golf swing - and more about how to, umm, "fix" their own golf swing - than a PGA certified teaching professional.

Oh well whatever... 🤷‍♂️

... Teaching can be a real eye opener. I had several students that said things like they will not change their strong grip but want me to help them stop hooking the ball. Or will not change their open stance to square (or even a little closed) but want me to fix their slice. Seems they had lessons before and when they tried to do what the instructor suggested but their games got worse. (duh!) But one of the harsh realities of teaching is sometimes you just have to take the students money and give them what they want, not what they need. It was always rewarding working with students that tried to do what would improve their game and very rewarding to work with a good player that wanted to get better and then did after working with them for awhile. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... Teaching can be a real eye opener. I had several students that said things like they will not change their strong grip but want me to help them stop hooking the ball. Or will not change their open stance to square (or even a little closed) but want me to fix their slice. Seems they had lessons before and when they tried to do what the instructor suggested but their games got worse. (duh!) But one of the harsh realities of teaching is sometimes you just have to take the students money and give them what they want, not what they need. It was always rewarding working with students that tried to do what would improve their game and very rewarding to work with a good player that wanted to get better and then did after working with them for awhile. 

I have one buddy who's always on you tube "fixing his swing" and I'm guilty of that as well but when I go for a lesson often times what I think is wrong isn't the problem. Getting lessons is so valuable to actually get better. Even understanding ball flights. Buddy won't know where he's aiming then his a dead pull and say he hit too big of a draw. I agree you will probably get a little worse before you get better. After my first two lessons at Golftec I finally broke 80 and hit 3 drives over 300 yards which had never happened before. Then things fell off a bit and winter hit but things are turning around now and when I get to the course I have no doubt my scores will indicate that. Want to get better, see a pro. IMO

I've been taking lessons at a GolfTec center - which I've talked about in a little more detail in a separate thread under this "Lessons" topic - and I mentioned in there, and will repeat here, that at first I was sceptical ... I'd thought they would be too formulaic for me, ie. too technical, too rigid.

After my first eval session I decided that that idea was mistaken; turned out the instructor was very responsive to all my questions and started to work on what I considered the weakest parts of my game .. so I signed up for additional lessons (only; note their "Game Plan" package adds on practice time and a club fitting).

Well that was over two years ago, and I've re-upped since, and that instructor .. or "coach" as they like to term it .. retired and I got paired with a really nice young guy, very patient and willing to go over things from prior lessons with me until I feel like I'm starting to get it.

Is he the best golf instructor in the world? Maybe not. Is he a good instructor for me? Definitely.

I can say that because I can see the progression in my swing... 

..in the studio as many of the measured elements of my swing (their motion capture tech is actually pretty interesting and a pretty useful visualization tool) have gone from a lot of red ("bad") to neutral with some blues ("better") and an occasional flash of green ("good")

and

..on the course where I'm starting to hit a lot more more decent, or at least playable, shots - including off the tee .. that I've struggled with for years .. and also especially in the short game that we've been focusing in on recently.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I live in the DFW area where there are golf courses a plenty. Always been a pretty good player, but as I get older (turned 60 in Oct. '22, yikes) I knew I could not get away with things in my swing like I used to. In addition, I basically have a home-made swing, not bad, but still home-made. I have always been able to shoot in the 80's, but staying in the 80's was becoming an exercise in staying out of the 90's. Wasn't hitting the ball solid and was giving up distance. 

So my frustration has taken me to Golftec. I'm pretty technical (Civil Engineer) and I knew there were things in my swing that were making me inconsistent and inaccurate. I also knew that I wasn't efficient and that's where a lot of the power outage was coming from.  I signed up for the entire package since it is important to me to play well.

To preface this, I have only been to my first lesson. I was scheduled to go to my second, but I didn't think everyone wants to catch the flu. I learned a lot about.....what I was doing wrong!!! Not that it is a bad thing, but knowing what the issues are is good and I know what we will be working on.

So following the first lesson I went out an played at a course that I am familiar with. Since was playing with a friend who is a golfer who likes to drink and play golf (in that order) and I have been playing poorly for a while, I moved up a tee box. I really had to think about what I was doing in my swing, but I hit a bunch of solid and accurate shots to my surprise. I ended up shooting a 77 at 6,200 yards. Not bad!!!

I cannot wait for my next lesson!!! And as far as Oneservant's assessment of Golftec, I am just wondering if he has ever taken lessons there? Understanding that everyone's experience is different, but if you go expecting something for nothing that's not how anything works.

I like this thread about the progress and experience. I will be following and commenting along the way.

9 minutes ago, neva_adoubt said:

I have one buddy who's always on you tube "fixing his swing" and I'm guilty of that as well but when I go for a lesson often times what I think is wrong isn't the problem. Getting lessons is so valuable to actually get better. Even understanding ball flights. Buddy won't know where he's aiming then his a dead pull and say he hit too big of a draw. I agree you will probably get a little worse before you get better. After my first two lessons at Golftec I finally broke 80 and hit 3 drives over 300 yards which had never happened before. Then things fell off a bit and winter hit but things are turning around now and when I get to the course I have no doubt my scores will indicate that. Want to get better, see a pro. IMO

There is the whole chicken or the egg, which came first? Then applied to a golfers mentality, the question in a golfers mind is, can I get better with buying new clubs, watching some YouTube vids, or taking real lessons…

I would say that many feel that new clubs is the answer. I was on that road myself. Hence a fitting…  But I finally decided that I had too many “self taught” problems going on, and that maybe before buying new stix, maybe I should take some lessons.  An example of One of the most basic problems as described by Chisag above is the grip. Different grips work for different swings. In my case, I had too weak of a grip. That alone is making a huge difference. And believe me, a different grip to someone who has some set in stone habits, is a difficult change. But, it’s working. 

Club path, stance, hips etc, they all make a difference. As outlined by the actual Golftec coach above, each color and each line represent some very important pieces of a good swing, and the video system works. That’s YOU that’s being recorded buddy, and all those lines and colors represent what’s going on with YOUR swing. Problems are identified, and the “coach” gives you the steps and some “hands on” contact to use to get your lines and colors into the “green”. Then it’s up to you. Then they will video you again and compare your swing with the old swing. You can practice with the “new swing” and commit to it, or you can bail and go back to whatever you were doing before. And then you have the right to complain right? Bahhh, Golftec sucks! Riiiiight!!

or you can dig into the dirt with your new insight, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll get better. The whole game is about what you want it to be. A correct swing and shooting low is great for some people. Others don’t care that much about their scoring, and are just happy to be out there. Some people want to look good with nasty sweet clubs in their bag, and some sweet threads on their back, and could be great players or not so great. Some guys are never going to get any better, because they physically cannot, others because their brain won’t let them. It’s literally from A to Z.

To simply state golftec = golfwreck, is a lazy statement. It’s not their fault if their lessons don’t turn you into a tour player. They simply provide you with known methodology, and how you respond to it is basically up to you. I’ve been as low as a 2, but the last year or two I’ve gotten lost with experimenting on YouTube lessons, and have ballooned up to the 7-8 index area. Still making some great shots but also really making some klankers. Well now that I’ve identified (and rectified) some poor mechanics, those “klankers” are happening less often, and great shots are happening more often. But I have also really worked at it.

But for me now, after getting into the meat of lessons, and a real swing breakdown, and now showing some very positive results, I see that what i already knew to be true, is that my current clubs are excellent… Hogan PtxPro’s… 

But I’m still going to buy some new clubs anyways, because I want them… and armed with my new and improved swing, they are going to ROCK!

Completely agree that simplistic GOLFTEC = golfwreck is just someone’s unfair expression of frustration. GOLFTEC or not, one has to put in the WORK to improve the swing, there’s no magic. The second ingredient is your golf instructor. Obviously there are a lot of them and they’re not all the same. However an instructor equipped with GOLFTEC technology and teaching methods should be better vs the SAME instructor who doesn’t. Finally when it comes to self-practice the video feedback you get in their bays tells you a much truer story than what your (lying) feels tell you on the range. Good luck

On 4/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, Onesavant said:

Monte Scheinblum who is one of the best teachers out there posted recently about how he changed his mind on indoor lessons. When someone is trying to make a movement change not seeing ball flight is a good thing. A lot of people see the ball flight and get hung up on it and get away from the movement changes. He had students drop several digits in handicap from indoor lessons during covid because they were focused on making the movement change.

Using your logic online lessons especially those that are just video sent to an instructor are bad too because the instructor can’t see the ball flight, yet there are thousands of stories across forums, YouTube, apps like skillest and review sites of people improving from online lessons.

So while this is your opinion about indoor lessons it’s not one that is based in any actual evidence.

Lessons and improvement are a combination of student and teacher. There are some teachers that are bad and no matter what the student does they won’t improve. Now there are good instructors but the student doesn’t put in the work or they think they are smarter than the pro and they don’t follow the program and they fail to make progress. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I had never heard of Golftec before until I started a job in a bigger city so when I called and the instructor told me about the technology and practice time available, I was sold. I love the tech they use, I find it very helpful. Unfortunately, when I'm in the city for work I'm on 12 hour days so I was very limited to when I could get in there to practice. My instructor gave me an extra lesson because of that fact. Legit I would say.  

Ok, been busy so haven’t gotten to play much, but I did play Monday and shot a 79, but had two doubles in a row on the back , basically from a little laziness-

butttt, hit some really good shots here and there, and got some comments from my buddies about how smooth my swing was looking… so really just need to put it all together for a day without the brain farts. 
Had a few good up and downs with the new chipping system which I’m really starting to like, thanks coach Joey, it’s starting to make sense finally. I still have another lesson but won’t get to that till next week, and it will be on pitching…

I guess this post isn’t really specific about anything, but rather, just an overall thumbs up with direction I’m headed. I’m starting to feel the changes ingrain themselves into my brain, and even tho I don’t make every swing correctly, I can tell when I do, and what I’ve done when I don’t. I’m getting more up and downs, and more pretty drives with a nice little draw… I’m guessing that one of these days I’m gunna drop a real low score…

As a golfer who hated indoor simulators and developed somewhat of a phobia from them. (I broke a driver at an Edwin watts and was pretty embarrassed, and also get claustrophobic in the smaller bays) Golftec was by far the best coaching and lessons I have received and continued to receive. If you paid attention during the sessions you can understand the comparisons of “your” swing vs Tour pros and the best players in the world. I have overcome the phobia of hitting indoors and the launch monitors that are used can emulate ball flight, spin rate, swing path, and so many more metrics that can help you understand in seconds what you did in your previous swing to help you adjust. 

Different strokes for different folks but as a Visual learner there is no better place to understand your swing than Golftec. 

There is a reason they use the same launch monitors as every Tour Pro and they wouldn’t be as large and successful of a company if their whole reputation was “up sell”. 

When you go to dinner and the waitress ask you if you want to try the desert do you see it as an up sell? Because that is a form of up selling and no one ever cares. 

There is a lot to unpack in these comments but to read feedback about Golftec being a sham or terrible for golf is just a narrow minded way of thinking. It’s not for everyone but we shouldn’t be tearing it down for others before they can try it out for themselves. 

Edit: This was towards the Golfwreck comment I saw above. 

Edited by Dware

Ok, after yesterdays round of stench I was thinking these lessons didn’t do a darn thing, and literally messed me up more than anything.

butttt, after todays round, I have a much better frame of mind, and something occurred to me about lessons.

to expect a full swing change to soak in , in just a few rounds is foolish. But after todays round, it occurred to me that some of the lessons were actually starting to sink in, and make more sense.

i remember Joey telling me to get closer to the ball, and work those knees, and post up on that left leg, blah, blah, blah…

but then today, I found myself doing these things, firing the hips, club face to spine angle, right elbow tighter, blah blah blah… and I was actually hitting some high quality shots. Little misses here and there, and some putts lipping out, and suddenly I was close to a scratch game.

i almost skipped today since I was so bad yesterday, but I’m so glad I didn’t. Or I would have missed my brain resolving some of yesterdays issues, and allowing myself to make some “educated” swings today. 

19 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ok, after yesterdays round of stench I was thinking these lessons didn’t do a darn thing, and literally messed me up more than anything.

butttt, after todays round, I have a much better frame of mind, and something occurred to me about lessons.

to expect a full swing change to soak in , in just a few rounds is foolish. But after todays round, it occurred to me that some of the lessons were actually starting to sink in, and make more sense.

i remember Joey telling me to get closer to the ball, and work those knees, and post up on that left leg, blah, blah, blah…

i almost skipped today since I was so bad yesterday, but I’m so glad I didn’t. Or I would have missed my brain resolving some of yesterdays issues, and allowing myself to make some “educated” swings today. 

... Hang in there. Considering Tiger hits hundreds of balls every day and it took him about a full year to be comfortable with his swing changes, expecting anything in a few rounds is kinda like seeing these on the course:  🧜‍♀️ 🦄  🧙‍♂️ 🐉 🦕

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Hang in there. Considering Tiger hits hundreds of balls every day and it took him about a full year to be comfortable with his swing changes, expecting anything in a few rounds is kinda like seeing these on the course:  🧜‍♀️ 🦄  🧙‍♂️ 🐉 🦕

I agree. It sounds like the rubbish round was just that one-off you needed to just cycle through the system. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

I see you didn’t include any snakes…😉

7 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Yeah stick with it. For me, a much less skilled golfer than you, I am making progress but I'm finding it to be very verrrry incremental .. small steps, spread out over time.

One of the keys to learning to be better at this game is to be patient......

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Glad to see Golftec is working for you @Sluggo42. My only experience with Golftec was about 14 years ago. They had setup two lesson bays in the back of the golf store I was working at back then. The two instructors were super friendly and even let the store employees sign up for free lessons if they had openings. I enjoyed the technology and seeing the numbers and comparisons, but at the time it was a lot to try to process at one time. I am better focusing on one thing at a time when making changes. 

Since I'm in a more rural area now I've been using a coach through Skillest and the first few practice sessions were rough. I mean rough... Stuck with it and things have improved a lot since the first lesson. I could definitely do with more practice on the short game areas. For that I'm probably going to get the most practice just getting out and playing more. Enjoy the practice, enjoy the improvement, and be graceful with yourself when you have those days. They happen. 

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

Interesting day. I hit quite a few shots that were above and beyond anything else I’ve been doing so far.

it’s like a large pile of lessons suddenly manifested inside my brain and the body let it happen, and the results were crazy. Unfortunately they resulted in a higher score, 80, butttt, that’s ok. I went long on a lot of approaches because I hit the ball so clean, with apparently the right stuff. 

if I could describe it as simplistic as possible, the move was basically firing the hips thru first. Then having the rest of the things I’ve talked about endlessly going on too. But it felt like an easy swing. And the ball flight, sound at impact, all those things associated with a clean hit, happened…

I thought yesterday was good, but today was different. It was like yea baby!, until the ball went over the green a few times, but I was fine with that. Just gotta Adjust expected distances, and actually with the new p770’s due within a week or so, there was gunna be an adjustment period anyways. 

it’s interesting how you just get a little bit at a time. It’s not POOF and it all works. It’s grueling practice and play, and you just get a tiny taste each time. But it’s getting there…

47 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Interesting day. I hit quite a few shots that were above and beyond anything else I’ve been doing so far.

it’s like a large pile of lessons suddenly manifested inside my brain and the body let it happen, and the results were crazy. Unfortunately they resulted in a higher score, 80, butttt, that’s ok. I went long on a lot of approaches because I hit the ball so clean, with apparently the right stuff. 

if I could describe it as simplistic as possible, the move was basically firing the hips thru first. Then having the rest of the things I’ve talked about endlessly going on too. But it felt like an easy swing. And the ball flight, sound at impact, all those things associated with a clean hit, happened…

I thought yesterday was good, but today was different. It was like yea baby!, until the ball went over the green a few times, but I was fine with that. Just gotta Adjust expected distances, and actually with the new p770’s due within a week or so, there was gunna be an adjustment period anyways. 

it’s interesting how you just get a little bit at a time. It’s not POOF and it all works. It’s grueling practice and play, and you just get a tiny taste each time. But it’s getting there…

Hopefully you’re still with GOLFTEC so that you can spend your self-practice noting your distances with your new clubs once you have them