TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

19 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So once again your take is incorrect on what was stated.

Nothing I said was incorrect. Facts.

The mods have asked that we stick to the golf event in this thread, so I will respect that and not make any further comments on this point.

31 minutes ago, TBS said:

Yes - back to the event!

Mod request - can we get updated badges of each of the LIV teams logos for MGS members to show their support on the profile??

The names are killing me.....like you couldnt be a little original?!?

Crushers.....

Smash....

Hi Flyers......

Man whoever came up with these names really missed the bus for creativity class

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

The names are killing me.....like you couldnt be a little original?!?

Crushers.....

Smash....

Hi Flyers......

Man whoever came up with these names really missed the bus for creativity class

Apparently there are descriptions for why the names are what they are too which is comical.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Apparently there are descriptions for why the names are what they are too which is comical.

I had to look up niblick and cleek!!

image.png.c64e524d801be2613c726cbfbc4f6d1e.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

4 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

All the more reason to give more attention to the Ladies in the LPGA! 

I didn't watch the Ladies US Open, but I DID watch the Ladies NCAAs this year and the level of golf was off the chain.
I'm going to start watching more women's golf.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 9* | VA Nemesys 65 R
Fairway metals: :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 5 wood | VA Nemesys 65 R, Rogue St Max 7 wood | Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60 R
Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P770 8-P matched | True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 VSS +.5, 1 degree up
Wedges: 1240867525_default_vokey-small1.gif.fd86a2e0ab83b468ba0f432d800e9cee.gif SM8 54 S10, SM 8 58 S10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold, SM9 48 F10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 34" stock shaft

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

With both Rickie & Bryson playing in the LIV, Cobra will be looking for new players to sponsor.

Do not know exactly on that but correct me if I am in left field here---- Remember there was a Cobra Norman connection at one time

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

30 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And the logos or whatever you call them look like they were done by 5th graders for intermural sports. In fact I think the 5th graders could do better

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Do not know exactly on that but correct me if I am in left field here---- Remember there was a Cobra Norman connection at one time

Interesting you mention that I just went through their site and he is no longer listed as a coach/ambassador/icon....he was last year.

image.png.e2e0ba8039385ff53cfbfc7b60837ca4.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

57 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Forget the team names. Look at the field. Unless you're a golf junkie, you wouldn't recognize 8 players in the entire field.  

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Just wait till they have the:

LIV Masters

LIV World Open

LIV Championship

LIV “Links Open”

And call them Majors.

Major..disappointments 😉

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What do you guys think these big name sponsors like PING, Titleist, and Taylormade are thinking having their brand name on display at these media events?

Well Callaway put Phil's sponsorship "on hold", whatever that means.  It will be interesting to see what the manufacturers do here, because all the corporate sponsors ran for the hills right away.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 9* | VA Nemesys 65 R
Fairway metals: :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 5 wood | VA Nemesys 65 R, Rogue St Max 7 wood | Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60 R
Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P770 8-P matched | True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 VSS +.5, 1 degree up
Wedges: 1240867525_default_vokey-small1.gif.fd86a2e0ab83b468ba0f432d800e9cee.gif SM8 54 S10, SM 8 58 S10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold, SM9 48 F10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 34" stock shaft

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What do you guys think these big name sponsors like PING, Titleist, and Taylormade are thinking having their brand name on display at these media events?

At least for now with it just being streamed i don't think it will be a huge deal. I think more if an issue if they had a larger broadcasting contract.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Just wait till they have the:

LIV Masters

LIV World Open

LIV Championship

LIV “Links Open”

And call them Majors.

Technically, they could use all of the names except Masters.  I would see the boys in Augusta putting the kibosh on that in a New York minute.  Saudi money or no, that is one group of men even they would have a hard time winning against.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

The Team names are about the worst ever. Like, they could have gone with Laser, Blaser, Phaser, and Michelle. and had them been better.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

1 minute ago, Thin2win said:

The Team names are about the worst ever. Like, they could have gone with Laser, Blaser, Phaser, and Michelle. and had them been better.

is Michelle your fitness consigliere?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

15 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Maybe Phil will start playing Yonex again.  Actually, come to think of it... he probably has already developed a mfg. company.  He will be playing a set of Mickelson Hy Flyers this weekend.  And we all know what the logo is... 

image.png.711525cdb58b5c60de817264da9e4370.png

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

is Michelle your fitness consigliere?

yes. yes he is.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Based on the article below Norman is currently the global brand ambassador for Cobra Golf.

https://www.cobragolf.com/tour-cobra-greg-norman

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

33 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Technically, they could use all of the names except Masters.  I would see the boys in Augusta putting the kibosh on that in a New York minute.  Saudi money or no, that is one group of men even they would have a hard time winning against.

Well, maybe. A look at the trademarks owned by Augusta National, Inc. doesn't show a blanket trademark for the term "Masters" as it relates to a golf tournament and LIV Golf could argue that calling something the LIV Masters is distinctly different enough to skirt any trademark claim, plus there's little chance people would confuse the two, which is the crux of some trademark disputes.

This post does not constitute legal advice... just a potential guess as to how it could play out.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

44 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

There’s a British and Australian Masters already.

46 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well, maybe. A look at the trademarks owned by Augusta National, Inc. doesn't show a blanket trademark for the term "Masters" as it relates to a golf tournament and LIV Golf could argue that calling something the LIV Masters is distinctly different enough to skirt any trademark claim, plus there's little chance people would confuse the two, which is the crux of some trademark disputes.

This post does not constitute legal advice... just a potential guess as to how it could play out.

Not a lawyer either, but I have used one a time or two.  I would be very surprised to see them not dispute any attempt by LIV to use the term in regards to their golf product.

39 minutes ago, Shankster said:

There’s a British and Australian Masters already.

They probably do not see those two as being negative to their reputation.  This is the same group that limits the commercials during their broadcast to only approved sponsors and only for limited commercials (why you never see a "WHHHAAATTT'S UUUPPPP" beer commercial). Those men have more than enough judicial clout and leverage to make even a perceived slight something they could go after you with a sledgehammer for.   But, I could be completely wrong, just like my wife always says.  🤣

Edited by GrumpyGolf

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

13 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Also, right or wrong, I'm pulling for someone from LIV to win the US Open just for the content and takes of people trying to wrap their heads around it.

If this happens, I propose that we get @GolfSpy_APH overtime pay because this thread may get wild!

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

11 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Perhaps, but watching the world burn while all these pundits have these takes... it's a fun time to sit back with a marshmellow and make a delicious s'more

With you there, the Golf Channel has lost their minds over LIV, not even attempting to hide their disgust.  If I was inclined to be anti- LIV, the way they are covering it makes want to see just what the "charlatans" and "con artists" are up to over at LIV.

Edited by Ohms

Mostly :taylormade-small: ITB. SIMMs, P790s...etc

Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?