TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

9 minutes ago, Ohms said:

With you there, the Golf Channel has lost their minds over LIV, not even attempting to hide their disgust.  If I was inclined to be anti- LIV, the way they are covering it makes want to see just what the "charlatans" and "con artists" are up to over at LIV.

Well anyone knows they are a tool for the PGA Tour and the USGA.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

21 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Perhaps, but watching the world burn while all these pundits have these takes... it's a fun time to sit back with a marshmellow and make a delicious s'more

I fear that the worst could happen and LIV golf does change the landscape of golf into an unwatchable product that shatters the history and dignity of the game I love to play and watch. The reason I watch golf is the pressure and tension that these independent contractors feel when trying to win a tournament and make a living.  Can that drama be captured in the LIV golf structure?

I fear not!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

What do you guys think these big name sponsors like PING, Titleist, and Taylormade are thinking having their brand name on display at these media events?

image.png.d26857d82d858c03b157f9c403efa493.png

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, GrumpyGolf said:

But, I could be completely wrong, just like my wife always says.  🤣

Yeah mine has the same pearls of wisdom lol 

Except that the one thing she agrees with is my cancelling "sky sports" subscription !!!

Looking more and more like a good "decision''

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

This country and the world has a lot bigger issues to get all worked up about other than LIV golf.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Here’s a twist, what if it’s actually good?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

This was shared on our MGS FTx league chat.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cee6eNtB6D-/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Here’s a twist, what if it’s actually good?

We will find out in a matter of hours. However based on the logos and some of the press conference things it doesn't look great for it being a premium product. However having no commercials could be a major win?

It's been said, but the best thing that can come of this is the PGA makes the appropriate large scale changes it needs to make golf a better product for us to watch, players to play in and move it forward. If LIV forces this then maybe in the end it isn't the most horrible thing?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Liv Golf Central Thread: No Politics
9 hours ago, GaDawg said:

This country and the world has a lot bigger issues to get all worked up about other than LIV golf.

Yes that's for damn sure...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

12 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

image.png.d26857d82d858c03b157f9c403efa493.png

I do not think they are on display but not certain. The feed I saw yesterday of Phil's practice round he had a plain white Vessel Staff bag with no markings

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I was just thinking on this and I may be wrong. I have been here a few moons and I do not think I can ever remember a topic on here so hot that the Mods had to post it was being moderated. Which I think they have done a great job but then again so have my fellow members. It is a hot topic but pretty civil from what I have observed on here

G

10 hours ago, GaDawg said:

I agree on that. Like I said before I could care less who plays where or who does not play. I am not worked up over that in the least. I have been reading and commenting just for the enterainment value. And on something like this I like reading others thoughts and comments in a civilized manner like on here. Now do not get me wrong I do get fired up on some of the stuff happening in the world and our own nation but like the rules state this is not the place to air them and I agree. I do air my grievences on FB some and have had a couple of times in FB jail but mostly over there I stick to golf and racing related subjects anymore

G

15 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

my mistake... 

image.png.39a8235959bd338ba3e17438888c93ae.png

Like I said in a Patrick Reed thread one night---- I could care less if it had Mickey Mouse on them if I can hit them---- Of course lead tape can cover all that up.

Heard the stupidest thing at a golf store yesterday--- A guy stated he was dropping TM because of DJ. I asked him if he was going to play vintage Macgregor Spalding or Wilson? I told him on that basis lets see Phil was a Cally Man--- Westy was a Ping man------ Bryson and Fowler Cobra. I told him on that basis he could go with the vintage stuff or JDM and probably use Vice balls. He I think saw the foolishness of his thoughts and scowled and it may have been because everyone laughed that heard his statement and my comeback. I know he left in a hurry and the owner who is a friend of mine said "good one Stuey funny and true" Yeah I could care less about the politics of any player or equipment company for that matter.

G

39 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Like I said in a Patrick Reed thread one night---- I could care less if it had Mickey Mouse on them if I can hit them---- Of course lead tape can cover all that up.

Heard the stupidest thing at a golf store yesterday--- A guy stated he was dropping TM because of DJ. I asked him if he was going to play vintage Macgregor Spalding or Wilson? I told him on that basis lets see Phil was a Cally Man--- Westy was a Ping man------ Bryson and Fowler Cobra. I told him on that basis he could go with the vintage stuff or JDM and probably use Vice balls. He I think saw the foolishness of his thoughts and scowled and it may have been because everyone laughed that heard his statement and my comeback. I know he left in a hurry and the owner who is a friend of mine said "good one Stuey funny and true" Yeah I could care less about the politics of any player or equipment company for that matter.

Hmmm...  I play Titleist, Srixon and Mizuno, and Maxfli Balls.  🤔

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

Hmmm...  I play Titleist, Srixon and Mizuno, and Maxfli Balls.  🤔

Well I do not know of any Titleist staffers jumping over. Now Mc Dowell is a Srixon player and I do not know of any Zuno players jumping either. And I certainally do not know of Maxfli/ Dicks sponsoring anyone either. But it should not make any difference of what brand anyone plays IMHO. On Srixon I wonder what the reaction is going to be because they are a Japanese owned company like Mizuno. 

G

Lol live Stream on YouTube.... Has copy right of PGA tour unavailable 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

24 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Well I do not know of any Titleist staffers jumping over. 

https://www.titleist.com/tour/1028/ian-poulter  - caddie carrying  a Titleist staff bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

https://www.titleist.com/tour/1028/ian-poulter  - caddie carrying  a Titleist staff bag

Thank you I had forgot about Poults and Peter Ulheim too

G

38 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Well I do not know of any Titleist staffers jumping over. Now Mc Dowell is a Srixon player and I do not know of any Zuno players jumping either. And I certainally do not know of Maxfli/ Dicks sponsoring anyone either. But it should not make any difference of what brand anyone plays IMHO. On Srixon I wonder what the reaction is going to be because they are a Japanese owned company like Mizuno. 

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Peter Uihlein another full staffer, also several guys like westwood and swafford are contracted for the ball. Might be one or two others on there

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Thank you I had forgot about Poults and Peter Ulheim too

Just saw another Titleist staffer Viraj Madappa.  Hard to know who sponsors all the DP tour, Asian tour, other tour players.   

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Just saw another Titleist staffer Viraj Madappa.  Hard to know who sponsors all the DP tour, Asian tour, other tour players.   

I have never heard of him and I thought I kept up with all Golf pretty well

G

13 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Peter Uihlein another full staffer, also several guys like westwood and swafford are contracted for the ball. Might be one or two others on there

Probably not the best Titleist example, as he wouldn't be a sponsored pro (or even on the tour at all, for that matter) if not for his father.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I have never heard of him and I thought I kept up with all Golf pretty well

There are lots of players and other tours all over the world.  I look at leaderboards even for the PGA Tour and don’t know a lot of the players so,I am not a great person to ask 😂

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

Probably not the best Titleist example, as he wouldn't be a sponsored pro (or even on the tour at all, for that matter) if not for his father.

I don’t think his father hits the golf ball for him. While he’s not a great player he’s still has the skillset to play on tour and has made some decent money doing it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I don’t think his father hits the golf ball for him. While he’s not a great player he’s still has the skillset to play on tour and has made some decent money doing it.

I stand by what I said, and I have plenty of reasons for doing so. 

I’ll admit, I’m watching the event.  I watch golf if it is on but don’t generally go out of my way to watch golf, even the majors.  I also don’t root for specific players, I just watch the golf. 
So far it isn’t too bad and I probably couldn’t differentiate th golf from the golf played on any other tour.  I kind of like the shotgun start aspect,  everyone gets same weather conditions and the running score shows how many holes are left to play.  I’d say the announcing, other than the tour hype type commentary isnt too bad.  I think it is just American announcers that are terrible, Jerry Foltz is kind of annoying.  The others give the event a European event feel.  With the teams and draft and trades, it may require a little more attention than I am willing to do since I don’t get how it works across the season.  

18 hours ago, Thin2win said:

yes. yes he is.

love that movie!

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

So in the last hour, PGA Tour suspended all those associated with LIV and will suspend anyone else who goes to play... LIV fires back calling the PGA Tour vindictive, and somewhere attorneys for both sides are just getting dollar signs in their eyes. What I wouldn't give to be a part of those legal teams right now.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

7 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So in the last hour, PGA Tour suspended all those associated with LIV and will suspend anyone else who goes to play... LIV fires back calling the PGA Tour vindictive, and somewhere attorneys for both sides are just getting dollar signs in their eyes. What I wouldn't give to be a part of those legal teams right now.

I get that pros are independent contractors, however there's no other pro sports league that would allow players to hop back and forth that I'm aware of. Maybe soccer does that?? No idea. But if you're in the NFL and that league has backed you, you can't just randomly hop back and forth from there to the CFL. Likewise with the NHL and the KHL. 

Again - I fully understand that we're talking individuals vs players in another sport that are contracted to their specific franchise. So it's not a true apples to apples comparison. But do see the PGA Tour's POV in all of this.