TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

15 minutes ago, LICC said:

However, Brooks Koepka's comments yesterday made me think that he is looking to join LIV. Or it could be that he just doesn't want to talk about because his brother is with LIV. We will see.

It does seem like that but it's also on brand for Brooks. I can totally see him in a few weeks going back to the media and saying "I never said I was joining LIV. You all said that. I said at the time I was focused on the US Open. You're twisting my words." 

As much as it sounded like he was still open. He loves to compete and is a killer competitor. Even with the money, he would be miserable playing the "exhibitions". 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

14 minutes ago, TBS said:

It does seem like that but it's also on brand for Brooks. I can totally see him in a few weeks going back to the media and saying "I never said I was joining LIV. You all said that. I said at the time I was focused on the US Open. You're twisting my words." 

As much as it sounded like he was still open. He loves to compete and is a killer competitor. Even with the money, he would be miserable playing the "exhibitions". 

True, although he never has seemed to focus as competitively at the regular Tour events like he does at the majors. If he can still play in the majors, he could sell out to LIV and still do all out at the majors.

34 minutes ago, LICC said:

I agree about the Tour players who have left for LIV- no one will be seriously missed (maybe DJ a little but not that much). 

However, Brooks Koepka's comments yesterday made me think that he is looking to join LIV. Or it could be that he just doesn't want to talk about because his brother is with LIV. We will see.

I only caught some reports about his comments and didn’t read or hear them. What I gathered is he was trying to make the interview and the rest of the week about the US Open and not have the attention on LIV.

It didn’t sound like he was trying to avoid talking about the LIV tour but rather have the media not talk more about that and all the various controversies and keep the focus on the event at hand

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I only caught some reports about his comments and didn’t read or hear them. What I gathered is he was trying to make the interview and the rest of the week about the US Open and not have the attention on LIV.

It didn’t sound like he was trying to avoid talking about the LIV tour but rather have the media not talk more about that and all the various controversies and keep the focus on the event at hand

No. Watch it yourself. He was very uncomfortable, he spewed some nonsense that he hasn't ever thought about LIV, he didn't say that he would stay with the PGA Tour. He was avoiding the questions and wasn't doing a good job of it.

32 minutes ago, LICC said:

It is the most hot button issue to talk about. Of course they have to spend time discussing it and asking about it.

Phil and Greg agree with you.  IMO, a better response would be no real response at all.  They held event #1, check.  Some of our players have decided to leave our tour, check. Some are playing this week, check. Now back to our regular scheduled event. There is a big difference in acknowledging "the topic" and spending 50% of the coverage on it, re-hashing the same crap over and over again. Perhaps they think using Rory as the new anti-LIV front man and casting all LIV players as evil doers will change the landscape?

Brandel, in another life, gets offered $200M to join LIV.  My guess is that you'd catch a cold from the wind he created in route to the bank. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

21 minutes ago, LICC said:

No. Watch it yourself. He was very uncomfortable, he spewed some nonsense that he hasn't ever thought about LIV, he didn't say that he would stay with the PGA Tour. He was avoiding the questions and wasn't doing a good job of it.

Watched it myself, absolute nothing burger IMO. Reporters asking questions about LIV vs. PGA and the guy has had plenty else going on. We also already know he doesn't care much about PGA Tour events in comparison to the majors. My guess is there's nothing too exciting about LIV for him either. He pays attention enough to support his brother and that was the one question he answered without any sort of "hostility" (since that's how people seem to be treating it).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Phil and Greg agree with you.  IMO, a better response would be no real response at all.  They held event #1, check.  Some of our players have decided to leave our tour, check. Some are playing this week, check. Now back to our regular scheduled event. There is a big difference in acknowledging "the topic" and spending 50% of the coverage on it, re-hashing the same crap over and over again. Perhaps they think using Rory as the new anti-LIV front man and casting all LIV players as evil doers will change the landscape?

Brandel, in another life, gets offered $200M to join LIV.  My guess is that you'd catch a cold from the wind he created in route to the bank. 

This was the first time that the U.S. media was able to interview Phil, DJ, Bryson and others about LIV. Of course that was going to take up the most discussion the first few days. Each day that gets less and less and more focus is on the tournament.

You don't think LIV would pay Brandel a fortune now to go be a broadcaster with them? Of course they would and he wouldn't do it. The same holds for Rory, JT, Jon Rahm, Scheffler, and all the others that have turned down LIV. 

Mike Whan just made it abundantly clear that he could foresee a day where it's harder for LIV players to make it into the US Open. We'll see where this goes.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

2 hours ago, LICC said:

Tbh I don’t care that much about his comments or really most of anything revolving around sports to go find the video and watch it.

I was comment on the snippets I’ve seen around news channels and social media posts and that context was what I gave my opinion on. But in general the media likes low hanging fruit and controversy sells and they are going to make the LIV front and center when they should be focused on the US Open and the golfers participating in it

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Tbh I don’t care that much about his comments or really most of anything revolving around sports to go find the video and watch it.

I was comment on the snippets I’ve seen around news channels and social media posts and that context was what I gave my opinion on. But in general the media likes low hanging fruit and controversy sells and they are going to make the LIV front and center when they should be focused on the US Open and the golfers participating in it

I have seen very little discussion about LIV today in the coverage. It was rightly discussed and made the subject of interviews the first go round with relevant players. Today everything I have seen has been 99% not LIV.

Brooks lives for majors, US open is big for him as a double winner of it, he wants the golf world attention to be on the US Open and how he was / is a king of it and really wants to win it again. He is totally supporting his brother on it and watching it while he is golfing.

He has had injuries for a few years now which set him back but now with his recent marriage to a fine looking woman, this maybe the boost he needs to be three peat US Open major winner which he really wants and is ticked that the media are not asking him questions about his ability to get the hat trick. It will be his motivation to show teh media, teh golfers how he is the top talent.

Also his feud with Bryson is big and now bigger as Bryson won the US Open and is the top current competitive LIV golfer, Brooks really want to beat him and tell the world about it. It will  really add to the Brooks Bryson feud, golf world will love it as they would with a Sergio vs Rory show down.

I bet LIV is giving or at least many LIV golfers likely have a really big bonus if any of them win a major to support LIV golf but have to keep it a secret as to not upset the majors and the PGA because they will likely win 3 times as much as what the majors pay for the win. This is sure bet.

DP World Tour is the hottest looking date in town and being courted by

Report: DP World Tour Considering LIV Golf Partnership | Golf Monthly

and by

Exclusive: PGA And DP World Tour In 'Advanced Negotiations' To Combat Saudi LIV Golf Threat | Golf Monthly

Do you think they might be playing one against the other for maybe just a little more money?  I wonder if either merger is subject to anti-trust law/vetting?  

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

DP World Tour is the hottest looking date in town and being courted by

Report: DP World Tour Considering LIV Golf Partnership | Golf Monthly

and by

Exclusive: PGA And DP World Tour In 'Advanced Negotiations' To Combat Saudi LIV Golf Threat | Golf Monthly

Do you think they might be playing one against the other for maybe just a little more money?  I wonder if either merger is subject to anti-trust law/vetting?  

Interesting.

I'm stuck at being piss## at the garbage that is passed off on skysport that is full of commercials, in fact on any LPGA events there's more than half the delayed telecast time allocated to commercials. And I paid for the privilege of watching it, so I'm ecstatic that Liv has very little to none. Go Liv...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Just watched the USGA chat and Mike talked about $3.1 million to the winner?

Isn't that the biggest purse in USGA history?

Would this have happened without Liv, I think not.  I'm sorry to say that I've no interest in what rory and brooks have to say, easy to criticize from your ivory tower and yeah he's obviously a damn good golfer. BUT ?

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

8 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm sorry to say that I've no interest in what rory and brooks have to say, easy to criticize from your ivory tower and yeah he's obviously a damn good golfer. BUT ?

I’m waiting for those that say they don’t play for the money but to see their name on a trophy and play against the best in the world to donate all the money they win to charity.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

18 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’m waiting for those that say they don’t play for the money but to see their name on a trophy and play against the best in the world to donate all the money they win to charity.  

Not quite sure if you’re talking about PGA or LIV players. The PGA pros do play for little to nothing in the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup, but they’re all elite players who make lots of money from other tournaments and endorsements, so playing a couple times a year pro bono is possible. The cups do give a lot to charity IIRC.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

15 minutes ago, Middler said:

Not quite sure if you’re talking about PGA or LIV players. The PGA pros do play for little to nothing in the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup, but they’re all elite players who make lots of money from other tournaments and endorsements, so playing a couple times a year pro bono is possible. The cups do give a lot to charity IIRC.

Referring to the PGA pros that have discussed they aren’t chasing money and going to liv and playing the PGA tour to have their name on a trophy next to players like Hogan.  These pros play 15-25 tournaments a year.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

My advice don't hold your breath lol lol

NEVER GOING to happen...

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

Referring to the PGA pros that have discussed they aren’t chasing money and going to liv and playing the PGA tour to have their name on a trophy next to players like Hogan.  These pros play 15-25 tournaments a year.  

Yeah if you look out your Windows and see flying pigs you can be sure that those naysayers will give all their money to charity hahahaha... 

... Koincidence or Karma?

+7 Mickelson
+7 Oosthuizen
+5 Na
+4 Gooch

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Headed over to Ennis for a haircut and round of golf yesterday morning and this was playing...

Immediately made me think of LIV and an appropriate theme song 🙂.

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Koincidence or Karma?

+7 Mickelson
+7 Oosthuizen
+5 Na
+4 Gooch

I guess you really don't get what you paid for

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

12 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Interesting, but nothing we haven't heard before. At least he doesn't appear to have the vitriol that the Golf Channel expresses regularly.  I feel like in their case- the way they're portraying LIV is hurting golf more than LIV itself is hurting golf. 

Mostly :taylormade-small: ITB. SIMMs, P790s...etc

Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?

3 hours ago, Ohms said:

Interesting, but nothing we haven't heard before. At least he doesn't appear to have the vitriol that the Golf Channel expresses regularly.  I feel like in their case- the way they're portraying LIV is hurting golf more than LIV itself is hurting golf. 

I think it's bias projected on all these naysayers by the PGA, if not you will lose PGA assistance. But I think the PGA is slowly going to lose that influence, I know two Australian non-playing Pro's and the rumors are that the PGA is running scared because there's more defections coming... 

Over on another site, there were a number of high profile golfers that are now rumored to be jumping ship. Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Collin Morikawa, and Viktor Hovland. If they were true, that would be a huge blow to PGA. I know that Fowler and Wolff aren’t what they used to be but that doesn’t leave a ton of high profile guys left.

If that were true, PGA might be forced to do some dealings with LIV.

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

And, sadly, this is something they should have worked out before choosing the nuclear option.  If they at least attempted to work a deal that allowed both to exist it would have looked better to the players and fans. Some argue there is no way they can make both work - I disagree.  There is always a way forward if people have a mind to make it happen.

Not sure where your sources are coming from, but yeah, losing those guys would be bad and likely be the catalyst for others to consider LIV as well. 

As I shared on our FTx chat, #decimelplacematters 😆

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Over on another site, there were a number of high profile golfers that are now rumored to be jumping ship. Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Collin Morikawa, and Viktor Hovland. If they were true, that would be a huge blow to PGA. I know that Fowler and Wolff aren’t what they used to be but that doesn’t leave a ton of high profile guys left.

I've heard Liv not interested in doing anything with the pga, but alittle early to write off the pga...