TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Tiger is h the GOAT and will be shown because of it. His comeback has already started at the Masters. Btw Phil can play The Open so while they are on separate tours this is one event that will see them in the same field. The Tiger vs Phil isn’t what everyone wants it to be or thought it was 

Wrong! - Jack is the greatest of all time and he never made Barbara look like a fool.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

13 hours ago, LICC said:

The new structure helps the top 50-70 players and is worse for the lower ranked players. It may even negatively affect the other tours that are part of the PGA Tour. LIV has forced a shifting of resources to the top players at the expense of others. This was one of the reasons the PGA Tour hadn’t done this before- to not hurt the rank and file members. Guys like Mickelson and Norman wanted bigger shares of the pie and didn’t care about those lower ranked players or affiliated tours. 

I equate this to what I’ve heard and experiences in my life, I was a foundation member of a Lion’s club in Sydney and my first year was 1st VP. 2nd year I was the President and what went on was a real eye opening experience, at the many meetings I attended during the week I associated with some of those in power such as  a Prison Warden and police and politicians. And I was part of a great organisation raising money for charity, but the manoeuvres that went on by some to get control of different projects was eye opening.  I see alot of this going on with Jay and the pga, sadly I think it’s too little too late because he’s made a lot of enemies with long memories…

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

15 hours ago, LICC said:LIV has forced a shifting of resources to the top players at the expense of others. This was one of the reasons the PGA Tour hadn’t done this before- to not hurt the rank and file members. Guys like Mickelson and Norman wanted bigger shares of the pie and didn’t care about those lower ranked players or affiliated tours. 

I don’t agree, increasing the winning price also increases the following winners to the last position. 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i know if i was a above avg tour golfer and got offered a good sum of money from liv golf to join i would take it , things can happen to people so they can not compete anymore , so get the money up front and enjoy life .

if i had to bet on the next pga players to leave it would be --r. fowler -- jason day --a. scott  -- t. fleetwood ..

what i don't know is now they have 48 players , what if they have 80 , i can understand having 72 with a shotgun start 4x18  

but with 80 ??

That’s what Andy O thought. Now he is the first person dropped lol. PGA tour career over. Only way to fight back is to do Asian tour events.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

4 hours ago, shootmyage said:

phil  has a lot of putters , more than 50  i would think , he could be a great golfer again if he would change to a better putter , also he should stop trying to shape every shot and just put the ball in the middle of the green .

Then he would not be "Phil The Thrill" as we know him. He is exciting to me in as how in the heck is he going to get out of this? And the worse he scores then the crazier the shots he tries to pull off and yes he is a showman.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

7 hours ago, Hacker1 said:

Ok here we go again, putting it in one place.

Who will be the top 3 LIV golfers at The Open and where will they finish?

Will Tiger beat Phil?

Will Rory and Justin beat Brooks and Bryson?

What will Tiger say about LIV and Phil?

I'm thinking the Liv players are going to do well at the Open, in the Top 3...

15 hours ago, Hacker1 said:

Ok here we go again, putting it in one place.

Who will be the top 3 LIV golfers at The Open and where will they finish?

Will Tiger beat Phil?

Will Rory and Justin beat Brooks and Bryson?

What will Tiger say about LIV and Phil?

It will be similar results as the US Open. Only a couple make the cut, the rest flounder. Brooks has the best chance.

I don't think Tiger will say anything too groundbreaking about LIV as to not take away from the R&A and the Open but I think that he eventually will. Tiger, JT, Spieth, and Rory are the only weapons the PGA tour has and I believe this group will make a strategic move to counter LIV. Just not until after the Open and maybe even after the Tour Championship at the end of August.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The DP World Tour have confirmed that players who have joined LIV will be fined and suspended from future tournaments, including the Scottish Open in July.

6 minutes ago, LICC said:

The DP World Tour have confirmed that players who have joined LIV will be fined and suspended from future tournaments, including the Scottish Open in July.

They are also fining members 100k... Ouch 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

They have only officially suspended them from joint events with the pga as of now. If they play in the next event there could be more. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm thinking the Liv players are going to do well at the Open, in the Top 3...

You could be right. Louie Oosthuizen definitely (won a major, he has a very long list of runner up for the Majors, fan favourite), Lee Westwood, Richard Bland (underdog favourite), Bryson is he acts like he used to before being bulked up Jock, i.e. the Professor and only hits driver when it is smart to do so, needs to be little wind for him to win), Brooks could do well if his head is in it and he is healthy, Dustin could do well, perhaps Sergio if he can keep his cool and Phil if he is not pestered by the media and fans.

12 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

You could be right. Louie Oosthuizen definitely (won a major, he has a very long list of runner up for the Majors, fan favourite), Lee Westwood, Richard Bland (underdog favourite), Bryson is he acts like he used to before being bulked up Jock, i.e. the Professor and only hits driver when it is smart to do so, needs to be little wind for him to win), Brooks could do well if his head is in it and he is healthy, Dustin could do well, perhaps Sergio if he can keep his cool and Phil if he is not pestered by the media and fans.

You do realize Bryson had more success after he bulked up than before and the reason he hasn’t been playing well is mostly due to injury.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You do realize Bryson had more success after he bulked up than before and the reason he hasn’t been playing well is mostly due to injury.

Actually he does not play smart anymore just a bomber, no longer the Professor, actually he really only won a major other events not much difference, actually worse especially for bad scores whihc he gets a lot now, likely worse as he used to at least contend when he was more agile. He no longer thinks he just grips it and rips it.

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

This was a fun one to wake up to this morning.

... I saw an unconfirmed report LIV is pursuing Martin Shkreli and the Sackler Family as sponsors. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

17 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Actually he does not play smart anymore just a bomber, no longer the Professor, actually he really only won a major other events not much difference, actually worse especially for bad scores whihc he gets a lot now, likely worse as he used to at least contend when he was more agile. He no longer thinks he just grips it and rips it.

With the publishing of strokes gained numbers and analyzing more shot analytics, it shows that the farther you can hit the ball the lower scores will generally be.   Yesterday, Rory was asked about a drive he hit over the trees and his response was analytics show that you should hit driver there.   The game of golf is changing and bombing the ball is generally the optimal strategy.  There really is little reason to “think” while on the course as strategies are already calculated and formulas are followed. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

42 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Define smart? He understands the at distance is key. Strokes gained proves this. He realized that which is why he bulked you to increase speed and distance. It’s why he won the number of tournaments he did after bulking up compared to what you consider smart golf which is hit less club off the tee and whatever outdated philosophies you possibly believe in.

These guys use data to make decisions and his success with going for distance proved to be the smart play and not what you think is smart. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

52 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Define smart? He understands the at distance is key. Strokes gained proves this. He realized that which is why he bulked you to increase speed and distance. It’s why he won the number of tournaments he did after bulking up compared to what you consider smart golf which is hit less club off the tee and whatever outdated philosophies you possibly believe in.

These guys use data to make decisions and his success with going for distance proved to be the smart play and not what you think is smart. 

Bulking up has nothing to do with it. He didn't gain distance after starting weight training.

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

There really is little reason to “think” while on the course as strategies are already calculated and formulas are followed.

Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I saw an unconfirmed report LIV is pursuing Martin Shkreli and the Sackler Family as sponsors. 

Presumably for the role of Exec. VP of Media Consumption and Pain Management, respectively. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, LICC said:

Let's not get off topic with this silliness again please. This topic is about LIV.

Please define "what" about Liv we can discuss, obviously not the players so what's left? Silliness indeed, lol

15 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Please define "what" about Liv we can discuss, obviously not the players so what's left? Silliness indeed, lol

I was talking about the distance gains debate silliness. 

2 hours ago, LICC said:

He is no more bulked up now than he was three seasons ago. 

Yes look at his avg distance before he started weight training and the 5-7 years after. No difference.

Let's not get off topic with this silliness again please. This topic is about LIV.

Good lord you have no clue what are talking about. He went on his mass gain 3 seasons ago. His numbers are all over the internet for anyone to see. He gained speed and distance when he decided to add size. Whether you like it or not that’s fact. As a result the first year of that he gained 17 yards in avg distance and the year after he gained another yard+

Not to mention nearly every player on the pga tour commented about his distance and some like rory even tried to chase it.

So yeah when you are wrong again you want to move on

53 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Good lord you have no clue what are talking about. He went on his mass gain 3 seasons ago. His numbers are all over the internet for anyone to see. He gained speed and distance when he decided to add size. Whether you like it or not that’s fact. As a result the first year of that he gained 17 yards in avg distance and the year after he gained another yard+

Not to mention nearly every player on the pga tour commented about his distance and some like rory even tried to chase it.

So yeah when you are wrong again you want to move on

Are you talking about Rory or Bryson? As to Bryson, he bulked up AND made substantial swing changes at the same time. It was the swing changes that led to the distance gains. He even later admitted that he continued to weight train and bulk and he got no more distance. 
All the credible evidence shows that equipment advances, and not weight training, is what has resulted in distance gains on the Tour. Period. 
Now please respect the topic and bring this discussion to a different forum topic if you want to continue. 

Edited by LICC