TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

They have clearly done their homework.

TGC just reporting that LIV will hold 25 events next year... that has escalated rather quickly.

But from what I saw on the GC depending on their contracts they will only be required to play like the 15 or so main events but will be "encouraged" to play I guess the combined Asian events. That was my take on it.

I have noticed on the GC that they have been saying more and more about the LIV lately. I found that rather strange since everyone knows the GC and NBC are tools of the PGAT. LOL last night they even showed Trump hitting balls with Bryson. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I would love to see the fine point details in these contacts. Questions i have are.

Minimum events to play? Salary of pay guarantees, social media and speaking clauses, out clauses for both sides, top players even in name guaranteed no relegation? Other guarantees outside of the money. Ownership stakes? So much more. Unfortunately until someone gets the boot or leaves i don't we will see any of it.

The fact guys are signing 5 year deals means this this isn't going to go away anytime soon and with it's steep growth curve there must be done finer details in the contract that work one way or another. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I would love to see the fine point details in these contacts. Questions i have are.

Minimum events to play? Salary of pay guarantees, social media and speaking clauses, out clauses for both sides, top players even in name guaranteed no relegation? Other guarantees outside of the money. Ownership stakes? So much more. Unfortunately until someone gets the boot or leaves i don't we will see any of it.

The fact guys are signing 5 year deals means this this isn't going to go away anytime soon and with it's steep growth curve there must be done finer details in the contract that work one way or another. 

Yeah I agree the finer details would make very interesting reading but never going to happen, I'm betting there will be exit clauses that prevent those that leave/fired Liv for any reason from saying WHY. 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I will speculate here and this is only IMHO--- I would think individual players would have individual clauses in their contracts as to how many events they play plus performance bonuses etc. I would dare say also there may be a privacy clause involved on certain things. I would say for like in the case like 50Mil for 5 years that is on a pro rated basis sorta like a military reinlistment bonus. I know when it was offered to me it was not the whole nut then but spread out over 4 years. Of course I did not take it I wanted the heck out because I could make more money on the outside and not have to put up with BS

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

15 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

They have clearly done their homework.

TGC just reporting that LIV will hold 25 events next year... that has escalated rather quickly.

It makes me wonder why the Saudis didn't do this as an offshoot of the Asian Tour and have someone other than a grandstanding buffoon like Greg Norman be the CEO. That approach may not have instigated the defensive responses from the PGA Tour.

31 minutes ago, LICC said:

It makes me wonder why the Saudis didn't do this as an offshoot of the Asian Tour and have someone other than a grandstanding buffoon like Greg Norman be the CEO. That approach may not have instigated the defensive responses from the PGA Tour.

I betcha $20 Greg grandstanded and BSed his way into the deal and sold them on his approach

Edited by BIG STU

G

8 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I betcha $20 Greg grandstanded and BSed his way into the deal and sold them on his approach

Greg Norman is not one of my favorite people. I believe anything is possible with him.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I'm sure Greg was a perfect fit for the Saudi's, they needed someone who would FIRE up World news starting with the USA. A match made in heaven lol, with nearly anyone else publicly fronting the Saudi's it would of been lukewarm response at best. Saudi's needed all the FREE advertising they could get, Greg also being so controversial people came out to see the fireworks and give the bird to the establishment. But it's actually been a very well put together tournament golf because of it's differences, imho I've really enjoyed how it's gone and looking fwd to the next events.

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Saw that Dechambeau is still playing the Bridgestone balls. Not really surprising even though they dropped him. Has anyone seen what is in Mickelson bag recently? Still playing the same Callaway stuff or has he changed anything up?

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

I'm sure Greg was a perfect fit for the Saudi's, they needed someone who would FIRE up World news starting with the USA. A match made in heaven lol, with nearly anyone else publicly fronting the Saudi's it would of been lukewarm response at best. Saudi's needed all the FREE advertising they could get, Greg also being so controversial people came out to see the fireworks and give the bird to the establishment. But it's actually been a very well put together tournament golf because of it's differences, imho I've really enjoyed how it's gone and looking fwd to the next events.

And let's not forget that Norman has been a proponent and salesman for a new tour for some time now... which has drawn some angst and controversy since inception (PGL).  Greg was just able to find the financial backing needed to get it off the ground.

52 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Saw that Dechambeau is still playing the Bridgestone balls. Not really surprising even though they dropped him. Has anyone seen what is in Mickelson bag recently? Still playing the same Callaway stuff or has he changed anything up?

What if any changes in equipment these guys make will be interesting.  Some may simply choose to use the product as a poke in the eye for dropping their contracts.  Does anyone know if TM dropped DJ and, if not, why?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Watched about half of todays livestream and I must say that picking up David Feherty was a smart play.  I love his sense of humor and, of course, Scottish/British/Aussie accents are just better for golf IMHO. Some good quality golf played overall but the crowds seemed a little small compared to Pumpkin Ridge.  It will be interesting to see if that increases into the weekend.  

Also see that they tried to lure Charles Barkley into the broadcast team but he's elected to stay with Turner... at least until they sweeten the pot 😊.

Oh, and this proposal could make things even worse 😐.

As LIV Golf-PGA Tour fissure widens, talk of Tour players boycotting U.S. Open arises | Sporting News

21 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Does anyone know if TM dropped DJ and, if not, why?

Why would Taylormade drop DJ? As the weeks have gone on, very few sponsors have actually pulled out. At this point, no one knows if the contracts with the players have been revised because they are on a different tour but they are for sure still sponsoring them.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Watched about half of todays livestream and I must say that picking up David Feherty was a smart play.  I love his sense of humor and, of course, Scottish/British/Aussie accents are just better for golf IMHO. Some good quality golf played overall but the crowds seemed a little small compared to Pumpkin Ridge.  It will be interesting to see if that increases into the weekend.  

Also see that they tried to lure Charles Barkley into the broadcast team but he's elected to stay with Turner... at least until they sweeten the pot 😊.

Oh, and this proposal could make things even worse 😐.

As LIV Golf-PGA Tour fissure widens, talk of Tour players boycotting U.S. Open arises | Sporting News

Feherty great move, Barkley wants a big payday.

This is going to get ugly as summer goes on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Why would Taylormade drop DJ? As the weeks have gone on, very few sponsors have actually pulled out. At this point, no one knows if the contracts with the players have been revised because they are on a different tour but they are for sure still sponsoring them.

Just consistency with the other players who have "gone rogue", "defected" (love these terms).  Phil is a bit more understandable due to public comments he made, but why did Bridgestone drop Bryson?  It just seems the basis for who drops who and why is quite fickle.  I haven't kept up with all this churn but it just seems if a company is going to dump one (for LIV participation) they should dump all... perhaps they have? 

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Feherty great move, Barkley wants a big payday.

This is going to get ugly as summer goes on.

I heard they wanted him to also do "swing clinics" at the events but they couldn't come to agreement on what their worth 😆.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Just consistency with the other players who have "gone rogue", "defected" (love these terms).  Phil is a bit more understandable due to public comments he made, but why did Bridgestone drop Bryson?  It just seems the basis for who drops who and why is quite fickle.  I haven't kept up with all this churn but it just seems if a company is going to dump one (for LIV participation) they should dump all... perhaps they have? 

As far as I’m aware, Phil was dumped by a few (maybe most?) sponsors, not because he joined LIV, but because of his comments about the Saudi’s and his intention to hold the PGA over the barrel to incite change. They dropped him well before any LIV events even took place.

DJ was dropped by RBC when he joined but (I believe) all of his other sponsors have stuck by him.

Dechambeau was dropped by Bridgestone but all of his other sponsors have stuck by him.

I’m not aware of any other players losing any sponsorship. I would assume that if any players were sponsored by RBC or Bridgestone then they would have been dropped as well. Callaway doesn’t care about their other players on the LIV tour because they are all still wearing their Rogue hats.

1 hour ago, PeterHenric said:

’m not aware of any other players losing any sponsorship.

NOTABLE SPONSORS TO LEAVE LIV GOLFERS
PLAYER SPONSOR
Abraham Ancer Perficient
Bryson DeChambeau Rocket Mortgage
Dustin Johnson RBC
Graeme McDowell RBC, World Wide Technology
Phil Mickelson American Express*, Callaway Golf^, KPMG, Heineken/Amstel, Workday
Louis Oosthuizen UPS
Lee Westwood UPS
Matthew Wolff Perficient
* No longer tournament host of The American Express
^ Callaway has "paused" its deal with Mickelson but not officially ended it

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not every brand has dropped every player or dropped some but not others.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I am going to get on the Soap Box early this morning---- And Mods I am going to apologize for what I am going to state in advance---- It may be too steamy and if you guys feel it is then you will not offend me if you remove it. I will try to be as tactful as I can and tip toe through the tulips-------

Last night watching Golf Central they had Hymie at Bedminster. I told the wife I was surprised since the GC and NBC are tools of the PGAT. IMHO it turned bad quickly. They were broadcasting survivors of 911 protesting and making speeches. Now do not get me wrong I symphatize with those folks. I as a Volunteer Fireman was at ground Zero some 24 hours later and stayed up there for nearly two weeks helping out. So I can first hand relate to the tragedy. I do not appreciate them hashing up bad memories for those folks and parading them in front of the world on World Wide TV. And I know 99% of it was stoked on by the PGAT and their puppets at the GC. It was also sparked on by the national press who does not like the owner of Bedminster. I was steamed and cut it off. Further more I am voicing my displeasure on FB and to the sponsor companies involved. No reason at all to rehash the tragedy for those survivors in front of the whole world. Damn right I am offended!!! I do not think the PGAT realizes they will aeilanate a lot of folks over this me included. Because of this the PGAT is right up there on my Schmidt list along with the USGA---- I may still watch GC some and the PGAT because I love golf period and politics be dammed. 

G

Not really much to talk about unless sponsors, OWGR and/or majors decide to rebuff LIV and side with PGA. I have no idea what any of them will do. The rest amounts to little more than gossip. But this just gets messier and messier every day.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I do not appreciate them hashing up bad memories for those folks and parading them in front of the world on World Wide TV. And I know 99% of it was stoked on by the PGAT and their puppets at the GC.

What are you talking about? You think those families were manipulated by the PGA Tour to go protest? It’s not the PGA Tour that brought a Saudi event to New Jersey. 

1 hour ago, LICC said:

What are you talking about? You think those families were manipulated by the PGA Tour to go protest? It’s not the PGA Tour that brought a Saudi event to New Jersey. 

I read something yesterday that stated the PGA Tour IS funding this group/organization as a PR move. I have not been able to verify yet. Anyone? 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

3 hours ago, LICC said:

Of course they were!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Talk about somebody who shouldn’t worry about playing in the US Open (DL III). I think he overestimates his influence. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Watching round 2 today in lieu of the Rocket Mortgage.  I must say that this commercial free coverage is awesome.  How long that lasts, who knows, but it's nice.  Definitely more patrons today but still pretty mellow.  To be honest, these would be nice, low key venues to attend.  The events I've been to that are swamped with fans isn't my ideal setting.  I always enjoyed Champion Tour events simply for the more manageable crowds and good viewing/following access.  I will definitely attend one of these if I get the chance.

I keep seeing names of players I totally forgot had joined this tour; Wolff, Swafford, Matt Jones, and a few others.  Also getting introduced to some names I'm not very familiar with but finding some "air time" with quality play and out from the shadow of more prominent players.  I'm guessing some decisions were heavily weighted by the more favorable odds of not only making more money but getting notoriety.   

As it stands now, 61 have joined... and some lesser known names are cashing in.  They may secretly be hoping no more "top 50" guys" show up. 😊

LIV Golf Results & Rankings | Spotrac

9 hours ago, LICC said:

They were manulipulated by the press and left wingers and of course that got the PGAT involved

G

8 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I read something yesterday that stated the PGA Tour IS funding this group/organization as a PR move. I have not been able to verify yet. Anyone? 

Cite your source

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

12 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Last night watching Golf Central they had Hymie at Bedminster. I told the wife I was surprised since the GC and NBC are tools of the PGAT. IMHO it turned bad quickly. They were broadcasting survivors of 911 protesting and making speeches. Now do not get me wrong I symphatize with those folks. I as a Volunteer Fireman was at ground Zero some 24 hours later and stayed up there for nearly two weeks helping out. So I can first hand relate to the tragedy. I do not appreciate them hashing up bad memories for those folks and parading them in front of the world on World Wide TV. And I know 99% of it was stoked on by the PGAT and their puppets at the GC. It was also sparked on by the national press who does not like the owner of Bedminster. I was steamed and cut it off. Further more I am voicing my displeasure on FB and to the sponsor companies involved. No reason at all to rehash the tragedy for those survivors in front of the whole world. Damn right I am offended!!! I do not think the PGAT realizes they will aeilanate a lot of folks over this me included. Because of this the PGAT is right up there on my Schmidt list along with the USGA---- I may still watch GC some and the PGAT because I love golf period and politics be dammed. 

... Well us disagreeing is nothing new my friend. As Demi Moor said in A Few Good Men "I strenuously disagree!" Having the owner of Bedminister that said the Saudi's were behind 9/11, then hosting the Saudi's about 50 miles from the terrorists attacks and now saying "nobody knows whose behind it" can certainly infuriate not only those that lost loved ones on that day, but continue to lose loved ones that were first responders. These family members don't need anyone let alone the PGA to sponsor them because their pain is still raw and with them every day. Nor does Jon Stewart who continues to fight for first responders. "Bad Memories" is how we make sure it never happens again, not crawl in bed with those many feel are responsible and continue to violate basic human rights. While the PGA may cover the protests with a vested interest, I have no doubt they played no part in organizing or funding them. It just bogles my mind that many want to ignore the Saudi involvement and "just talk about the golf" although that is their right because we have that freedom living in the US and not Saudi Arabia where they jail citizens and kill journalists that speak out again them. 

... I lived in Chicago when 9/11 happened and live in Phoenix now and other than being a US citizen I was not directly effected, so I will let a New Yorker that has a very vested interest sum up his and many others feelings. 

“The former president’s hosting this garbage over there and these guys are accepting this money. It’s an insult to all the people that died on 9/11 and how their families were affected,” a visibly animated Esiason said on Thursday. “But it’s also an insult to all the people that have died since 9/11 because of all the toxic carcinogens that they basically ingested while they were trying to clean this place up to make it look like what it looks like now. And we live in the shadow of it. And when you go down there you’re affected by it, especially if you were personally affected by it. And that’s why there is so much outrage around this.”

But he didn’t reserve his criticism for Trump alone, expressing his disgust for the pro golfers who took huge financial payouts to join LIVand play in the tournament, despite the many lives destroyed by the attacks and the aftermath over the last 21 years.

“And these guys are over there playing music, making hundreds of millions of dollars from the Saudi Arabian government,” Esiason said. “That’s what we’re doing?”

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

26 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Cite your source

Here is an article that speculates the connection some of which is based on statements from the groups founder.

https://progolfweekly.com/whos-behind-the-9-11-group-protesting-liv-golf-trump/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well us disagreeing is nothing new my friend. As Demi Moor said in A Few Good Men "I strenuously disagree!" Having the owner of Bedminister that said the Saudi's were behind 9/11, then hosting the Saudi's about 50 miles from the terrorists attacks and now saying "nobody knows whose behind it" can certainly infuriate not only those that lost loved ones on that day, but continue to lose loved ones that were first responders. These family members don't need anyone let alone the PGA to sponsor them because their pain is still raw and with them every day. Nor does Jon Stewart who continues to fight for first responders. "Bad Memories" is how we make sure it never happens again, not crawl in bed with those many feel are responsible and continue to violate basic human rights. While the PGA may cover the protests with a vested interest, I have no doubt they played no part in organizing or funding them. It just bogles my mind that many want to ignore the Saudi involvement and "just talk about the golf" although that is their right because we have that freedom living in the US and not Saudi Arabia where they jail citizens and kill journalists that speak out again them. 

... I lived in Chicago when 9/11 happened and live in Phoenix now and other than being a US citizen I was not directly effected, so I will let a New Yorker that has a very vested interest sum up his and many others feelings. 

“The former president’s hosting this garbage over there and these guys are accepting this money. It’s an insult to all the people that died on 9/11 and how their families were affected,” a visibly animated Esiason said on Thursday. “But it’s also an insult to all the people that have died since 9/11 because of all the toxic carcinogens that they basically ingested while they were trying to clean this place up to make it look like what it looks like now. And we live in the shadow of it. And when you go down there you’re affected by it, especially if you were personally affected by it. And that’s why there is so much outrage around this.”

But he didn’t reserve his criticism for Trump alone, expressing his disgust for the pro golfers who took huge financial payouts to join LIVand play in the tournament, despite the many lives destroyed by the attacks and the aftermath over the last 21 years.

“And these guys are over there playing music, making hundreds of millions of dollars from the Saudi Arabian government,” Esiason said. “That’s what we’re doing?”

Aint the first time we have not agreed over the years but still are friends----- I know those people still live with the nightmares and trust me I saw some stuff up there too> but even though they are in pain up until now it has been private pain in recent years. All of this would not have been brought up if Trump did not own the course and I will admit he can be wishy washy. Kinda like in my old mans generation as in not buying anything Japanese and having ill will towards any Japanese people. My generation it was Vietnam---- Yeah bad stuff happens in this world----

G

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Here is an article that speculates the connection some of which is based on statements from the groups founder.

https://progolfweekly.com/whos-behind-the-9-11-group-protesting-liv-golf-trump/

Yep what I was getting at all along

G