TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

being in the top 100 is a great  thing , he does have a different swing than anyone on tour .

my swing ( i will be 85 in a month , avg drive 225 ) is much like tony finau  , bring hands back to 10 o'clock and swing hard .

with his swing he will never break down like many full swingers with a lot of moving parts .i

Well done , I’m 75 and hard pressed for 225!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

His swing is very functional. He used the ground extremely well and is always in balance. 

His college career was pretty good too.

His lack of success on the pga tour isn’t his swing. He got hurt and also was having trouble accommodating to tour life.

While #83 in the world seems bad in the grand scheme of things that is very impressive when you consider not only all the golfers in the or world but how many high level professionals there are only 82 rank above him

It’s all relative. #83 is inconsequential when it comes to drawing in an audience. 

53 minutes ago, LICC said:

It’s all relative. #83 is inconsequential when it comes to drawing in an audience. 

I know where you are trying to go with this,  but I can't go there with you.

We all know that Tiger moves the needle in ways no other golfer has before or since,  he is just outside the top 1000 in owgr.

Rickie Fowler is still a big draw for sponsors and a fan favorite,  he is outside the top 150 in owgr.

Scottie Scheffler and Patrick Cantlay are #1 and #4 and for whatever reason have zero appeal for marketing and eyeballs. Owgr has very little to do with drawing an audience.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

While #83 in the world seems bad in the grand scheme of things that is very impressive when you consider not only all the golfers in the or world but how many high level professionals there are only 82 rank above him

I wouldn’t call it bad. But in the grand scheme of things I don’t remember #83 top song of any year I’ve lived, the #83 best QB in the NFL, the #83 best tennis player in men’s singles … It’s great for the one holding the position, but as a spectator—meh.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

6 minutes ago, berkeleybob said:

I wouldn’t call it bad. But in the grand scheme of things I don’t remember #83 top song of any year I’ve lived, the #83 best QB in the NFL, the #83 best tennis player in men’s singles … It’s great for the one holding the position, but 

I bet most golfers can only dream of being 83 in the world, nah our dreams are just hoping to win our foursome on Saturday...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

7 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I know where you are trying to go with this,  but I can't go there with you.

We all know that Tiger moves the needle in ways no other golfer has before or since,  he is just outside the top 1000 in owgr.

Rickie Fowler is still a big draw for sponsors and a fan favorite,  he is outside the top 150 in owgr.

Scottie Scheffler and Patrick Cantlay are #1 and #4 and for whatever reason have zero appeal for marketing and eyeballs. Owgr has very little to do with drawing an audience.

You seriously didn’t just try to compare Wolff to Tiger? Once Wolff has 15 majors and 82 wins, he will be a bigger draw after his ranking drops. 

I would much prefer to watch Scheffler over Fowler right now. 

one thing i will say about someone being #83 in the world , 30 years ago he would be in the top 50 , looking a the world high interest now in golf  so many excellent players from outside the  ryder cup countries like south america/korea/japan  and others getting into the top 100  , look at the college teams now and see how many players from outside the US  , many of them will be in the pga .tour .

i watched d. love interview a few days and he must have said " we give a lot of money to charities " 3 or 4 times , that's like me putting $5 in the salvation army bucket and at the end of the day the collector turns the bucket ($500) in and tells people he gave a lot of money to charities .

if the idiot liv golf mgt would give the local place they are playing say $5 million to their charities that may help their image a little ..

10 hours ago, berkeleybob said:

I wouldn’t call it bad. But in the grand scheme of things I don’t remember #83 top song of any year I’ve lived, the #83 best QB in the NFL, the #83 best tennis player in men’s singles … It’s great for the one holding the position, but as a spectator—meh.

It’s not about the number it’s about the person who draws fans in. Bubba, Gary Woodland and Phill ranked lower.

The point is that #83 in the world is an extremely high level golfer. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I read a study some time back that said the probability of someone becoming a professional tour level golfer was on the order of 1:50,0000.  With some 80 million golfers in the world, that includes many amateur's who play pro level but do not seek to make a living doing so, I'd argue being in the top 1000 is a extremely high level player. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, LICC said:

You seriously didn’t just try to compare Wolff to Tiger? Once Wolff has 15 majors and 82 wins, he will be a bigger draw after his ranking drops. 

I would much prefer to watch Scheffler over Fowler right now. 

🤯

I pointed out that owgr doesnt tie to viewer interest. I couldn't find a more recent poll,  sheffler has gone nuclear since this so would have been surveyed. Likewise cam smith would/ should rate on this now too.

But Phil, Bubba, Sergio, rickie, Jason day and matt kuchar making this list over significantly better golfers is the point of my post.  Matt Wolff played in one of "The Match" series,  he has market appeal regardless of his owgr.

Screenshot_20220806-100006_Firefox.jpg.8f760710087da8d75ef044c5c3255d4c.jpg

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

On 8/6/2022 at 11:08 AM, Thin2win said:

🤯

I pointed out that owgr doesnt tie to viewer interest. I couldn't find a more recent poll,  sheffler has gone nuclear since this so would have been surveyed. Likewise cam smith would/ should rate on this now too.

But Phil, Bubba, Sergio, rickie, Jason day and matt kuchar making this list over significantly better golfers is the point of my post.  Matt Wolff played in one of "The Match" series,  he has market appeal regardless of his owgr.

Screenshot_20220806-100006_Firefox.jpg.8f760710087da8d75ef044c5c3255d4c.jpg

Interesting that 7/15 on the list have moved to LIV and Rickie doing so would not be a surprise.  This poll having been done 9/21, it would be interesting to see how they rank now (same respondents).

On 8/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Stu... In my short time on this site I have seen so many interesting stories from you, and while I don't know you I mean this wholeheartedly... Write an autobiography man! lol

It has been suggested over on WRX by more than one person

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 8/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, LICC said:

I hate seeing Wolff's nutty-looking swing. He has been a mess on the PGA Tour. I would watch any of guys competing on the PGA Tour over him.

One of the reasons I like watching guys like him and 2 Gloves Gainey---- No cookie cutter swings but they do at times get the job done. One of the reasons I like the Champions Tour too.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

i lost all interest in kuchar when he won a  tournament $1.4 million and gave his caddie $5,000 , he did give the caddie $50,000 after a lot of pressure from the bad news and fans .

kuchar is worth 30 million , good grief . kevin na gave his caddie a 1973  dodge that was part of the payoff for winning  a charles schwab challenge tournament plus caddie fees .

i have more respect for the pga players going to liv than i do kuchar

Edited by shootmyage

Not going to be good if cam smith goes, if hovland goes down the road forget it. Too young too guys gone will hurt badly.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Not going to be good if cam smith goes, if hovland goes down the road forget it. Too young too guys gone will hurt badly.

Cam isn’t a super popular guy. He’s not going to cause lots of fans to not show up to an event because he isn’t there and not many are going to not watch because he isn’t in.

I think hovland would have slightly more impact on fan attendance and viewership but again he’s not as big a draw as some of the guys already gone and there’s others who are as talented as he is to fill the gap

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Cam isn’t a super popular guy. He’s not going to cause lots of fans to not show up to an event because he isn’t there and not many are going to not watch because he isn’t in.

I think hovland would have slightly more impact on fan attendance and viewership but again he’s not as big a draw as some of the guys already gone and there’s others who are as talented as he is to fill the gap

Would Definitely get me to watch Those events. No one else has tickled me to watch, if cam does I’ll be watching.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

54 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Would Definitely get me to watch Those events. No one else has tickled me to watch, if cam does I’ll be watching.

Same here, I like watching both Cameron and Sam Burns' games and if Smith jumps I will watch a little more.

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

I guess Cam Smith is a no name that's going to LIV.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/unfortunately-yeah-gone-pga-tour-130616566.html

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

38 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I guess Cam Smith is a no name that's going to LIV.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/unfortunately-yeah-gone-pga-tour-130616566.html

I wouldn't put too much faith into something Cameron Percy says.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

I wouldn't put too much faith into something Cameron Percy says.

Well it looks like Cam Smith is taking the 100 million.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/exclusive-liv-golf-captures-open-182023473.html

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

I see that Marc's name and move to LIV is expected as well.  They have the same agent.  

After Win at the Zurich, Cameron Smith Backpedals on Cutting Mullet - Pro  Golf Weekly

In other news, Ortiz has reportedly dropped out of the class action lawsuit against the PGA... citing that he simply "want's to move on".  

Carlos Ortiz withdraws from LIV Golf players' antitrust lawsuit | Golf Channel

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I see that Marc's name and move to LIV is expected as well.  They have the same agent.  

After Win at the Zurich, Cameron Smith Backpedals on Cutting Mullet - Pro  Golf Weekly

In other news, Ortiz has reportedly dropped out of the class action lawsuit against the PGA... citing that he simply "want's to move on".  

Carlos Ortiz withdraws from LIV Golf players' antitrust lawsuit | Golf Channel

What's the agent commission if Cam joins Liv?

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

What's the agent commission if Cam joins Liv?

I would guess 5 to 7.5 mil

14 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I would guess 5 to 7.5 mil

Would his agent be that involved, I'd be thinking GN would be using the Aussie "mates" banner and talking directly to Cam..

A few weeks back, Chamblee hinted that winnings were draws against the contract amount. This was vehemently denied by LIV and some of the players. At the hearing, "However, in presenting the case for Talor Gooch, Hudson Swafford and Matt Jones on why the players, suspended by the PGA Tour for joining LIV, should be granted emergency relief to compete in the PGA Tour's FedEx Cup Playoffs, one of the players' lawyers said that the money allegedly won during LIV Golf events is "recouped against the LIV contracts.” 

And, "Later in the hearing, microphones picked up LIV Golf’s lawyers discussing the admission among themselves near the end of the hearing. Although the entire conversation was not audible, one of the legal representatives can be heard mentioning “Chamblee.”

All the contracts with LIV are state secrets it seems. 💩

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-lawyer-prize-money?itm_source=parsely-api

Edited by steveone
added source

Steve Smith

via espn. in my opinion, the correct decision. They were not harmed monetarily via emergency circumstance. They may be harmed long term, depending on how the case is resolved, but that’s their eyes wide open, big boy pants decision. 

edit: added link

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34375643/federal-judge-rejects-bid-three-liv-golfers-compete-fedex-cup-playoffs

Edited by ryan.mzzz

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability