Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

40 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Only about halfway through James Wiltshire's latest, but I'm loving his inside-the-ropes perspective. Of particular note, seeing Phil and DJ from this angle really highlights how good the pros putt. Seems like most angles on PGA Tour feeds wash out all the slopes and it just doesn't translate quite as well. We all know they're good, but some of these putts just look next-level.

EDIT: He also has a brief exchange with Mr. Short Game which is pretty cool.

And looking at some of those pins from the perspective of the players is WAY more impressive than typical TV coverage. I can't imagine the course is set up much different than a typical tour event, but seeing from the player's perspective was eye opening for me.

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

7 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

And looking at some of those pins from the perspective of the players is WAY more impressive than typical TV coverage. I can't imagine the course is set up much different than a typical tour event, but seeing from the player's perspective was eye opening for me.

Agree. I wish the normal coverage would leave the views of approaches and pitch shots from the angle behind the player through the end of the shot. They always cut to the green midway. 

• Like 2

After digesting this whole LIV Tour… I hate it.  It is exactly what golf does not need.  We don’t need louder, more pompous golf… all this does is open the door for the golf bro’s and their stupid antics on the course.

Shut it down.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 1

LIV Golf

• 48 players
  • 14 name players (others who?)
  • 40 average age (lots of has beens)
  • 100th average world ranking
  • These 48 managed 12 top tens in 178 PGA starts this year.

per Brandel Chamblee https://danpatrick.com/2022/06/09/br...i-golf-league/

yawn…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys

I watched 90% of the three rounds on Youtube. I enjoyed the format and i hope the major tours will adapt it. What i did not like, was the regular mentioning about the price money and this live changers for the players by the commentators. I will watch the next tournament for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Cobra Radspeed Driver 12 degree, adusted down to 11 degree loft stiff shaft
  • Cobra Radspeed 3 Wood stiff shaft
  • TaylorMade GAPR Mid stiff shaft
  • Mizuno JPX Hote Metal 921 3-PW Steelshaft regular
  • Taylor Made Milled Grind 2 50,54,58 loft wedges
  • Evnroll ER1.2 blade Putter
  • Seed SD01 Balls and when i am playing bad Srixon AD-333. I won a pack of Wilson Staff Triad and played it the last four rounds. This could be my choice for the near future.

Didn’t watch a shot, won’t watch a shot in the future. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

After digesting this whole LIV Tour… I hate it.  It is exactly what golf does not need.  We don’t need louder, more pompous golf… all this does is open the door for the golf bro’s and their stupid antics on the course.

Shut it down.

The Wasted Management events planning group has probably been called in ahead of schedule to begin working on a counter-response.  Nobody's gonna just waltz in and take over their #1 position in pro golf. 

I'm as old school on protecting the "yesteryears" of golf as anyone, but this seems to be what the modern fan base wants, so go with the flow.  If this is LIV's format, I just won't attend their events - leaving them to those who like the party atmosphere. Certainly the PGA and their event hosts won't feel compelled to follow LIV's lead, right?  

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The Wasted Management events planning group has probably been called in ahead of schedule to begin working on a counter-response.  Nobody's gonna just waltz in and take over their #1 position in pro golf. 

I'm as old school on protecting the "yesteryears" of golf as anyone, but this seems to be what the modern fan base wants, so go with the flow.  If this is LIV's format, I just won't attend their events - leaving them to those who like the party atmosphere. Certainly the PGA and their event hosts won't feel compelled to follow LIV's lead, right?  

Right.  But this game needs to be protected from what “the fans” want…  everything doesn’t need to be a party all the time.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Right.  But this game needs to be protected from what “the fans” want…  everything doesn’t need to be a party all the time.

That hasn't worked very well for most all other pro sports.  I went to my one and only FIFA soccer game in Unna, Germany... those fans make the WM look like a knitting circle. 🙂

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

So i watched a bit here and there and ultimately ended up watching the PGA tour instead. My thoughts are as follows.

1- production better then expected, golf pretty meh as expected with the field.

2- I lost interest in the golf because i don't really care about millionaires playing for millions more. 

3- the team aspect i would like to see ok s bigger scale. That I've explained in a earlier post.

4- This one i admit is a me Problem, but for them to make min 1 million for events and only work 8 of 52 weeks a year is a cheap way out. I mean great the money is there, but they already make a living for playing a game..i don't feel bad for PGA guys to play 20-24 weeks a year and make the Same or more. I could go on but I won't.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 7, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

That hasn't worked very well for most all other pro sports.  I went to my one and only FIFA soccer game in Unna, Germany... those fans may the WM look like a knitting circle. 🙂

I might be the minority… but I can’t stand being around a ton of stumbling drunks… that is what this product will produce.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I might be the minority… but I can’t stand being around a ton of stumbling drunks… that is what this product will produce.

+1. I don’t even like it remotely, e.g. I don’t watch the WM Phoenix Open because of the featured drunks. I’m sure many here saw highlights from last year where fans threw thousands of (semi) full cups and cans of beer all over #16 after holes in one? Many of the fans got drenched in beer in the process, not my idea of fun - ever. Disgusting to me, I guess I don’t “get it.”

004F7BF7-4642-4EC9-92E9-76081FADE06D.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys

14 minutes ago, Middler said:

+1. I don’t even like it remotely, e.g. I don’t watch the WM Phoenix Open because of the featured drunks. I’m sure many here saw highlights from last year where fans threw thousands of (semi) full cups and cans of beer all over #16 after holes in one? Many of the fans got drenched in beer in the process, not my idea of fun - ever. Disgusting to me, I guess I don’t “get it.”

004F7BF7-4642-4EC9-92E9-76081FADE06D.png

We attended this year’s Masters. They don’t even allow walking fast!😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

My sister in law wen to the WM Open… she doesn’t even know a single golfers name.  Went for the beer I am assuming.  

I’ve often wondered why major events always have to be surrounded by alcohol sponsors?  Do the events suck that bad that you can’t enjoy them without a buzz?  

I don’t get it either, never will.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, Shankster said:

My sister in law wen to the WM Open… she doesn’t even know a single golfers name.  Went for the beer I am assuming.  

I’ve often wondered why major events always have to be surrounded by alcohol sponsors?  Do the events suck that bad that you can’t enjoy them without a buzz?  

I don’t get it either, never will.

Our Canadian friends in Yuma went to the WM for R1 and had nothing good to say about it... particularly the $12 beer.  "One and done" was there summary.  And this was the first day mind you.

I must admit that the beer, hot pretzels, and foam ear plugs at the Dortmund game made it tolerable.  But seriously, I'm not sure any fans can top soccer fans for energy.

• Like 3

I popped onto YouTube a couple of times to see for myself. I’m not sure about the team concept. I thought it would interesting but all it did was put additional graphics next to players names. I later read that some of the teams, including the winning team were assembled prior to the draft so, the team idea with a draft seemed pointless. The announcers appeared to spend a bit of time talking about money. This seems to be the only point of the tour, make news for spending gobs of money on what appears to be a bunch of mediocre golfs. +24 was paid $120,000. The biggest names well down the leaderboard, Phil Mickleson and Kevin Na, T-33. I score it 4 🥱 As a counterpoint I’m watching the RBC Canadian Open. Rory is on fire, JT is charging and Justin Rose has caught a spark.

• Like 2

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 19° 3 Hybrid w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G25 4 - UW w/Ping CFS

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° w/KBS 105 Hi-Rev 2.0

Evnroll ER11v 34” Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Clicgear 3.5+

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Unfortunately drunks are a factor of life, I stopped attending sports events because of the drunks. But the "Feed" on utube I've seen in New Zealand I've not seen any drunks, not watching all the hours available but have watched 4ish hours in total, I like the format I'm seeing here as it's ad free and good camera angles which is better than the PGA tour model in my opinion....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Unfortunately drunks are a factor of life, I stopped attending sports events because of the drunks. But the "Feed" on utube I've seen in New Zealand I've not seen any drunks, not watching all the hours available but have watched 4ish hours in total, I like the format I'm seeing here as it's ad free and good camera angles which is better than the PGA tour model in my opinion....

Yeah, to be clear, I have no idea what the LIV Tour has planned as it relates to "fan fun".  I think it was Alan who suggested they would be a drunk loud-fest? The limited amount of the first event I've watched seemed pretty average from that perspective. But any event with excessive alcohol consumption is a definite non-starter for me attending, and barely palatable viewing from the safety of my home. The scene following Sam Ryders ace was ugly and not something I care to see at any golf event. 

• Like 2

Wonder how Forest Gump would deal with it, lol. I think the biggest problem is people don't like change, you know if it ain't broke don't fix it. Problem is for me it's so broken I stopped paying for the content, I've been watching utube video for 4-5 months now and there's so much out there to watch. "Ted-x" is people talking about what's on their mind, from a possible solution to finding it difficult to go to sleep which is laying on your back and tapping your legs for 4minutes, works for me. Some shocking things go on behind closed doors, the list of what's available online is only restricted by your imagination...