Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

1 hour ago, LICC said:

What are you talking about? You think those families were manipulated by the PGA Tour to go protest? It’s not the PGA Tour that brought a Saudi event to New Jersey. 

I read something yesterday that stated the PGA Tour IS funding this group/organization as a PR move. I have not been able to verify yet. Anyone? 

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

3 hours ago, LICC said:

What are you talking about? You think those families were manipulated by the PGA Tour to go protest? It’s not the PGA Tour that brought a Saudi event to New Jersey. 

Of course they were!

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: 4 - PW King Forged Tec with Aerotech Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 or Maxfli Tour

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Talk about somebody who shouldn’t worry about playing in the US Open (DL III). I think he overestimates his influence. 

• Haha 2

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Watching round 2 today in lieu of the Rocket Mortgage.  I must say that this commercial free coverage is awesome.  How long that lasts, who knows, but it's nice.  Definitely more patrons today but still pretty mellow.  To be honest, these would be nice, low key venues to attend.  The events I've been to that are swamped with fans isn't my ideal setting.  I always enjoyed Champion Tour events simply for the more manageable crowds and good viewing/following access.  I will definitely attend one of these if I get the chance.

I keep seeing names of players I totally forgot had joined this tour; Wolff, Swafford, Matt Jones, and a few others.  Also getting introduced to some names I'm not very familiar with but finding some "air time" with quality play and out from the shadow of more prominent players.  I'm guessing some decisions were heavily weighted by the more favorable odds of not only making more money but getting notoriety.   

As it stands now, 61 have joined... and some lesser known names are cashing in.  They may secretly be hoping no more "top 50" guys" show up. 😊

LIV Golf Results & Rankings | Spotrac

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

9 hours ago, LICC said:

They were manulipulated by the press and left wingers and of course that got the PGAT involved

• Like 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

8 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I read something yesterday that stated the PGA Tour IS funding this group/organization as a PR move. I have not been able to verify yet. Anyone? 

Cite your source

• Like 2

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

12 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Last night watching Golf Central they had Hymie at Bedminster. I told the wife I was surprised since the GC and NBC are tools of the PGAT. IMHO it turned bad quickly. They were broadcasting survivors of 911 protesting and making speeches. Now do not get me wrong I symphatize with those folks. I as a Volunteer Fireman was at ground Zero some 24 hours later and stayed up there for nearly two weeks helping out. So I can first hand relate to the tragedy. I do not appreciate them hashing up bad memories for those folks and parading them in front of the world on World Wide TV. And I know 99% of it was stoked on by the PGAT and their puppets at the GC. It was also sparked on by the national press who does not like the owner of Bedminster. I was steamed and cut it off. Further more I am voicing my displeasure on FB and to the sponsor companies involved. No reason at all to rehash the tragedy for those survivors in front of the whole world. Damn right I am offended!!! I do not think the PGAT realizes they will aeilanate a lot of folks over this me included. Because of this the PGAT is right up there on my Schmidt list along with the USGA---- I may still watch GC some and the PGAT because I love golf period and politics be dammed. 

... Well us disagreeing is nothing new my friend. As Demi Moor said in A Few Good Men "I strenuously disagree!" Having the owner of Bedminister that said the Saudi's were behind 9/11, then hosting the Saudi's about 50 miles from the terrorists attacks and now saying "nobody knows whose behind it" can certainly infuriate not only those that lost loved ones on that day, but continue to lose loved ones that were first responders. These family members don't need anyone let alone the PGA to sponsor them because their pain is still raw and with them every day. Nor does Jon Stewart who continues to fight for first responders. "Bad Memories" is how we make sure it never happens again, not crawl in bed with those many feel are responsible and continue to violate basic human rights. While the PGA may cover the protests with a vested interest, I have no doubt they played no part in organizing or funding them. It just bogles my mind that many want to ignore the Saudi involvement and "just talk about the golf" although that is their right because we have that freedom living in the US and not Saudi Arabia where they jail citizens and kill journalists that speak out again them. 

... I lived in Chicago when 9/11 happened and live in Phoenix now and other than being a US citizen I was not directly effected, so I will let a New Yorker that has a very vested interest sum up his and many others feelings. 

“The former president’s hosting this garbage over there and these guys are accepting this money. It’s an insult to all the people that died on 9/11 and how their families were affected,” a visibly animated Esiason said on Thursday. “But it’s also an insult to all the people that have died since 9/11 because of all the toxic carcinogens that they basically ingested while they were trying to clean this place up to make it look like what it looks like now. And we live in the shadow of it. And when you go down there you’re affected by it, especially if you were personally affected by it. And that’s why there is so much outrage around this.”

But he didn’t reserve his criticism for Trump alone, expressing his disgust for the pro golfers who took huge financial payouts to join LIVand play in the tournament, despite the many lives destroyed by the attacks and the aftermath over the last 21 years.

“And these guys are over there playing music, making hundreds of millions of dollars from the Saudi Arabian government,” Esiason said. “That’s what we’re doing?”

• Like 5

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

26 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Cite your source

Here is an article that speculates the connection some of which is based on statements from the groups founder.

https://progolfweekly.com/whos-behind-the-9-11-group-protesting-liv-golf-trump/

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well us disagreeing is nothing new my friend. As Demi Moor said in A Few Good Men "I strenuously disagree!" Having the owner of Bedminister that said the Saudi's were behind 9/11, then hosting the Saudi's about 50 miles from the terrorists attacks and now saying "nobody knows whose behind it" can certainly infuriate not only those that lost loved ones on that day, but continue to lose loved ones that were first responders. These family members don't need anyone let alone the PGA to sponsor them because their pain is still raw and with them every day. Nor does Jon Stewart who continues to fight for first responders. "Bad Memories" is how we make sure it never happens again, not crawl in bed with those many feel are responsible and continue to violate basic human rights. While the PGA may cover the protests with a vested interest, I have no doubt they played no part in organizing or funding them. It just bogles my mind that many want to ignore the Saudi involvement and "just talk about the golf" although that is their right because we have that freedom living in the US and not Saudi Arabia where they jail citizens and kill journalists that speak out again them. 

... I lived in Chicago when 9/11 happened and live in Phoenix now and other than being a US citizen I was not directly effected, so I will let a New Yorker that has a very vested interest sum up his and many others feelings. 

“The former president’s hosting this garbage over there and these guys are accepting this money. It’s an insult to all the people that died on 9/11 and how their families were affected,” a visibly animated Esiason said on Thursday. “But it’s also an insult to all the people that have died since 9/11 because of all the toxic carcinogens that they basically ingested while they were trying to clean this place up to make it look like what it looks like now. And we live in the shadow of it. And when you go down there you’re affected by it, especially if you were personally affected by it. And that’s why there is so much outrage around this.”

But he didn’t reserve his criticism for Trump alone, expressing his disgust for the pro golfers who took huge financial payouts to join LIVand play in the tournament, despite the many lives destroyed by the attacks and the aftermath over the last 21 years.

“And these guys are over there playing music, making hundreds of millions of dollars from the Saudi Arabian government,” Esiason said. “That’s what we’re doing?”

Aint the first time we have not agreed over the years but still are friends----- I know those people still live with the nightmares and trust me I saw some stuff up there too> but even though they are in pain up until now it has been private pain in recent years. All of this would not have been brought up if Trump did not own the course and I will admit he can be wishy washy. Kinda like in my old mans generation as in not buying anything Japanese and having ill will towards any Japanese people. My generation it was Vietnam---- Yeah bad stuff happens in this world----

• Like 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Here is an article that speculates the connection some of which is based on statements from the groups founder.

https://progolfweekly.com/whos-behind-the-9-11-group-protesting-liv-golf-trump/

Yep what I was getting at all along

• Like 1

Great ROI - LIV, Norman, Trump…

Tickets for Trump's Saudi-backed golf tournament were selling for $1 as crowds stayed away: WSJ

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/tickets-for-trumps-saudi-backed-golf-tournament-were-selling-for-dollar1-as-crowds-stayed-away-wsj/ar-AA108GaA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys

50 minutes ago, chisag said:

It just bogles my mind that many want to ignore the Saudi involvement and "just talk about the golf" 

We have been asked to do so.  This is a golf forum not a political forum.  Talking about LIV golf (and many other forum topics) without going down the political path is completely possible.

image.png.1b0ffbe34562437b96ee8e85c30ce269.png

• Like 4

It’s easy to leave politics out of it. Just talk about the event like it’s any other PGA event. How the players played, equipment changes, etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 10.5º (Mitsubishi Diamana PD Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Driving Iron: Taylormade Stealth DHY 2 (Aldila Ascent Graphite Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-Gap (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7S Stiff)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200) Vokey SM8 56º 10S (AMT Black Wedge Flex)

Putter: Odyssey Eleven Stroke Lab (Center Shaft)

Ball: MaxFli Tour X CG, Taylormade Tour Response Stripe, Titleist AVX

Fitted for all clubs from irons on up.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

deleted

• Like 1

deleted

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

Politics:

1. the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.
2. the activities of governments concerning the political relations between countries.

... I get you don't want to talk about it. But just because you don't like it, that doesn't make it about politics by the very definition of the word. Just like the PGA that is freely mentioned, the owners of the LIV tour are just as important as the players and a huge part of the LIV story. Trump as a business man, not his political career, are also a big part of the story this weekend. If virtually every publication covering LIV mentions the Saudi's involvement as well as Trump this weekend, why should it not be mentioned here? Not taking them into account reminds me of  "Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?" 

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... But Peter that is the problem, it isn't like any PGA event. You are probably too young to remember when The Masters or more specifically Augusta National was protested because they didn't allow women members and the PGA was caught in the middle even though they have nothing to do with the Masters. You have players and sponsors furious about LIV for many different reasons. I clearly don't like LIV on several levels and would never watch one second of it. Yet the great thing about living in a free country is I respect your right to watch and enjoy LIV with no judgement. That said you can't pick and choose what elements of the LIV tour you want to talk about and expect everyone else to feel the same way. 

Good grief Sam, give it a break.  Your inability to follow the forum rules and poor attempt to rationalize why you continue to break them is coming across poorly.  If you cannot discuss LIV happenings without repeatedly getting on your political soap-box, please don't participate in it.  

• Like 2

History!

Every body on the planet has some, I try to treat everything that happens in my day as if I like it I partake if I don't I don't....

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good grief Sam, give it a break.  Your inability to follow the forum rules and poor attempt to rationalize why you continue to break them is coming across poorly.  If you cannot discuss LIV happenings without repeatedly getting on your political soap-box, please don't participate in it.  

To be fair, chisag didn’t open the door for this latest round.

DRIVER :ping-small: G410 PLUS 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY :ping-small: G410 3/14.5°  
HYBRIDS 
:ping-small: G410 19°, 22°  |  IRONS :mizuno-small: JPX 900 FORGED 5-PW 
WEDGES :cleveland-small: 
CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°  |  PUTTER KIRKLAND Signature KS1

BALL :wilson_staff_small: DUO SOFT +   :srixon-small: Z-URS   :callaway-small: SUPERSOFT, HX HOT BITE (old stock)
BAG :1590477705_SunMountain: 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART :Clicgear: ROVIC RV1S

Please to all abide by the top note. This thread is the discuss LIV golf as the entertainment product and it's golfers. Discussion that revolves around the political background, the other stuff behind the scenes of it's backing which will lead into the debate that has nothing to do with the golf will be hidden, deleted and the posters given warnings.

We are a golfing forum and there are other platforms to discuss the other topics that go along with LIV. There is also enough LIV topics which fit within our moral code to discuss and talk about. 

This will be the last message about this and if we continue having things run down this path we will turn to other means such as post approval in order to keep this thread to where it needs to be for our forum.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 7, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

12 hours ago, BIG STU said:

They were manulipulated by the press and left wingers and of course that got the PGAT involved

Please give examples of this. Because it’s quite offensive to say the motivations of  families of those killed on 9/11 aren’t pure but rather they are brainwashed by the PGA Tour. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News