Jump to content

Liv Golf Central Thread: No Politics


Recommended Posts

  • Love 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will indeed be interesting to see.  There are many near top shelf players who can opt to set themselves and their families up for life.  It will also be interesting to see if the PGA takes any punitive actions towards those choosing to play in these events.  Are they truly free-agents, free to choose without threat or not?

image.png.6d4320ae29c739269a1fb91375fe4e44.png

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Are they truly free-agents, free to choose without threat or not?

They are truly free agents until they choose to give away some rights in return for membership in the PGA Tour.  Its not a one-way thing.  If they want automatic entry into PGA Tour events, based on Fedex points or tournament winnings, they need to follow the PGA Tour requirements.  If they choose not to be members of the Tour, maybe they need to go through Monday qualifying, assuming there's spots available for an event they want to enter.  Maybe the World Golf Rankings people don't recognize the other tour, due to contractual issues, so the LIV Tour players have to go through regional and sectional qualifying for the US and British Opens.  The more vocal players like the free agent stuff until it benefits them to be a member of something larger.  

  • Like 4

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Arena Football League, but with huge money from "scary mothers". What fun. I'll be disappointed if any quality PGA players play LIV...but I'm wrong all the time.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

They are truly free agents until they choose to give away some rights in return for membership in the PGA Tour.  Its not a one-way thing.  If they want automatic entry into PGA Tour events, based on Fedex points or tournament winnings, they need to follow the PGA Tour requirements.  If they choose not to be members of the Tour, maybe they need to go through Monday qualifying, assuming there's spots available for an event they want to enter.  Maybe the World Golf Rankings people don't recognize the other tour, due to contractual issues, so the LIV Tour players have to go through regional and sectional qualifying for the US and British Opens.  The more vocal players like the free agent stuff until it benefits them to be a member of something larger.  

So they are "free agents" in name only.  My hunch is that we'll see some of them choose to participate and make some big money they would not have likely earned showing up week in and week out on tour.  The rest will take notice and that may be the catalyst needed to start a trend.  Lot's of names that show up regularly but miss cuts or share the leftovers from the bottom half of the purse.  

  • Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

So they are "free agents" in name only.  My hunch is that we'll see some of them choose to participate and make some big money they would not have likely earned showing up week in and week out on tour.  The rest will take notice and that may be the catalyst needed to start a trend.  Lot's of names that show up regularly but miss cuts or share the leftovers from the bottom half of the purse.  

They aren’t free agents. independent contractors is probably a better name. They have membership to the pga and that comes with certain stipulations to maintain said memberships. 

  • Like 6

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just for kicks, some may be interested in reading the PGA Tour Player's Handbook, which details a lot of stuff, including the duties of the players, Eligibility and Qualifying matters, etc. 

edit to add the link:

https://qualifying.pgatourhq.com/static-assets/uploads/2019-2020-pga-tour-handbook--regs-09_10_19.pdf

From the PGA Tour standpoint, they are running a bunch of tournaments for their members, giving their members great opportunities to win prize money.  You can read about the agreement the players make concerning Conflicting Events.  The player certainly has the right NOT to be a member of the tour, to play wherever he wants.  I'm no attorney, I don't know if a "lifetime" ban is enforceable, but a player who chooses to leave the Tour might be required to go through Korn Ferry qualifying to get back onto the tour.  Its interesting to me because I don't believe the LIV Tour needs to make money, or even break even, this seems to be a grand PR scheme by the Saudi bazillionaires to get positive press, as compared to the reports of the recent executions of 81 people.  If they lose just a few tens of millions of dollars, it might be worth it to them.

Edited by DaveP043
  • Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think they will have an issue filling their 54 person fields. 

Maybe the top 10-20 pga pros don't go to the first event, but players 70-200 that are out trying to make a living, not out to chase majors and HOF status.... Yeah, go where the money is. 

PGA membership only requires 15 PGA events played each year. Every member could easily fit a few of these into their schedule if they wanted. 

But $25 million for a limited no cut field... That is a bigger purse on day 1 then the PGA has ever had. The only negative to this, as I see it, is that it is being Suadi funded. If this was getting funding from anywhere else (Russia excluded), this would be welcomed with open arms I think. 

  • Like 4

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I don't think they will have an issue filling their 54 person fields. 

Maybe the top 10-20 pga pros don't go to the first event, but players 70-200 that are out trying to make a living, not out to chase majors and HOF status.... Yeah, go where the money is. 

PGA membership only requires 15 PGA events played each year. Every member could easily fit a few of these into their schedule if they wanted. 

But $25 million for a limited no cut field... That is a bigger purse on day 1 then the PGA has ever had. The only negative to this, as I see it, is that it is being Suadi funded. If this was getting funding from anywhere else (Russia excluded), this would be welcomed with open arms I think. 

You think the top 70-200 aren’t trying to win a major? An event then can be life changing including some guaranteed time on the tour. The top 125 in FedEx cup points have membership on the tour. Do you think they aren’t trying to win a major or even a single event that gets them a guaranteed job for two years.

Look at the names in 70-200 especially the ones in 70-150. those names aren’t just out there trying to make a living

http://www.owgr.com/ranking?pageNo=1&pageSize=150&country=All

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

So they are "free agents" in name only.  My hunch is that we'll see some of them choose to participate and make some big money they would not have likely earned showing up week in and week out on tour.  The rest will take notice and that may be the catalyst needed to start a trend.  Lot's of names that show up regularly but miss cuts or share the leftovers from the bottom half of the purse.  

But if none of the top-20 or so players are in any of the LIV tournaments, will anyone watch or care?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic has so much depth and so many different branches. I'm right along with the NLU crew and their thoughts and beliefs of this whole tour. 

I understand these guys want to make money and as Kokrak said his goal is to make as much money as possible in as little time as possible. The morality of it is just so suspect and to me bothersome. I truly hope that I don't see any of my favourite players jumping ship to go over there. 

I hope the PGA Tour is able to enforce their ban or restriction on players being able to play Tour events while playing in this league. 

We all want to make a living and to support our families, but at what moral cost? Anyway I won't go deeper into that, its a rabbit hole that is way too deep and has been spoken on by many podcasts at great length. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

 ⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

PGA membership only requires 15 PGA events played each year. Every member could easily fit a few of these into their schedule if they wanted. 

The PGA Tour also requires its members to get a "conflicting event release" each time they play in an event scheduled at the same time as a PGA Tour event.  Based on a player being in 15 Tour events, they would be eligible for three "conflicting Event Releases".  The Commissioner has a number of acceptable reasons to deny a specific request for a release.  Based on what I've read, and I haven't tried to read everything, players may have a really hard time straddling the fence on this one.

  • Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The PGA Tour also requires its members to get a "conflicting event release" each time they play in an event scheduled at the same time as a PGA Tour event.  Based on a player being in 15 Tour events, they would be eligible for three "conflicting Event Releases".  The Commissioner has a number of acceptable reasons to deny a specific request for a release.  Based on what I've read, and I haven't tried to read everything, players may have a really hard time straddling the fence on this one.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see who plays and how often they do. But if they sent out invites to 250 players (I think that is what I read). They will find players to fill the event. Maybe more from the DP tour, but they will get players, the money is just too much

  • Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

  1

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I don't think they will have an issue filling their 54 person fields. 

Maybe the top 10-20 pga pros don't go to the first event, but players 70-200 that are out trying to make a living, not out to chase majors and HOF status.... Yeah, go where the money is. 

PGA membership only requires 15 PGA events played each year. Every member could easily fit a few of these into their schedule if they wanted. 

But $25 million for a limited no cut field... That is a bigger purse on day 1 then the PGA has ever had. The only negative to this, as I see it, is that it is being Suadi funded. If this was getting funding from anywhere else (Russia excluded), this would be welcomed with open arms I think. 

That's the point I was making (or trying to).  Grind for lower odds and lower payouts, or suddenly become a top shelf player in  less competitive fields. For relatively new tour guys who don't have lots of time invested as in pension fund, etc., (Kokrak good example), this will be very enticing.  

Show Me The Money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

22 minutes ago, LICC said:

But if none of the top-20 or so players are in any of the LIV tournaments, will anyone watch or care?

Yes, I think so.  Let's not forget how many fans watch the Asian and Euro Tours.  Also, if this gets traction, I fully expect a move on the LPGA too ... let's see if the background sugar daddy's can wrap their heads around that dilemma 🤣.

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This topic has so much depth and so many different branches. I'm right along with the NLU crew and their thoughts and beliefs of this whole tour. 

I understand these guys want to make money and as Kokrak said his goal is to make as much money as possible in as little time as possible. The morality of it is just so suspect and to me bothersome. I truly hope that I don't see any of my favourite players jumping ship to go over there. 

I hope the PGA Tour is able to enforce their ban or restriction on players being able to play Tour events while playing in this league. 

We all want to make a living and to support our families, but at what moral cost? Anyway I won't go deeper into that, its a rabbit hole that is way too deep and has been spoken on by many podcasts at great length. 

The moral defense is so over done and disgusting. If you want to go down that road you'll find that almost everything we do, use, consume etc. on a daily basis is attached to a country with questionable background. My guess is we are using equipment made in China to discuss this, China is just slightly higher on the list than Saudi.  I understand that people don't want this league to succeed but to use the moral clause like Eamon Lynch has been doing and apparently the NLU guys makes no sense to me. 

 

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The PGA Tour also requires its members to get a "conflicting event release" each time they play in an event scheduled at the same time as a PGA Tour event.  Based on a player being in 15 Tour events, they would be eligible for three "conflicting Event Releases".  The Commissioner has a number of acceptable reasons to deny a specific request for a release.  Based on what I've read, and I haven't tried to read everything, players may have a really hard time straddling the fence on this one.

I agree that the Tour will make it difficult but from what I understand if/when it gets to court the tour will have a very tough time due to antitrust laws. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I agree that the Tour will make it difficult but from what I understand if/when it gets to court the tour will have a very tough time due to antitrust laws. 

That's certainly what Greg Norman has claimed that his lawyers have told him, I have no idea if that's accurate or not.  If I'm a PGA Tour member, considering what to do in June, I'm damn sure going to get my own attorney involved.  And the attorneys will have visions of billable hours dancing in their heads.  Win or lose, the attorneys will win.

  • Like 4

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

That's certainly what Greg Norman has claimed that his lawyers have told him, I have no idea if that's accurate or not.  If I'm a PGA Tour member, considering what to do in June, I'm damn sure going to get my own attorney involved.  And the attorneys will have visions of billable hours dancing in their heads.  Win or lose, the attorneys will win.

Attorneys ALWAYS win. 

  • Like 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

The moral defense is so over done and disgusting. If you want to go down that road you'll find that almost everything we do, use, consume etc. on a daily basis is attached to a country with questionable background. My guess is we are using equipment made in China to discuss this, China is just slightly higher on the list than Saudi.  I understand that people don't want this league to succeed but to use the moral clause like Eamon Lynch has been doing and apparently the NLU guys makes no sense to me. 

 

I agree that the Tour will make it difficult but from what I understand if/when it gets to court the tour will have a very tough time due to antitrust laws. 

Beat me to it. 

  • Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

The moral defense is so over done and disgusting. If you want to go down that road you'll find that almost everything we do, use, consume etc. on a daily basis is attached to a country with questionable background. My guess is we are using equipment made in China to discuss this, China is just slightly higher on the list than Saudi.  I understand that people don't want this league to succeed but to use the moral clause like Eamon Lynch has been doing and apparently the NLU guys makes no sense to me. 

That is a horribly false moral equivalency. Buying basic products that you probably don't know where they were made, and don't have many other options, is in no way equivalent to joining a high-profile public greenwashing league and taking multi-millions of dollars from its benefactors.

Edited by LICC
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LICC said:

That is a horribly false moral equivalency. Buying basic products that you probably don't know where they were made, and don't have many other options, is in no way equivalent to joining a high-profile public greenwashing league and taking multi-millions of dollars from its benefactors.

People have options they just choose the easy route. If anyone doesn’t know that the vast majority of products they use on a daily basis come from China and other counties with various ethical issues they are just being ignorant. Manufacturing has been overseas for decades at this point.

Nearly everyone on this site is using devices to post that come from China. Also using equipment for a sport they like that comes from there too.

  • Like 5

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...