TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

44 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The DP World Tour, formally The European Tour, which had entered into a partnership with the PGA Tour has been quiet on any of this.  No sanctions... yet.  Are they going to follow the PGA Tour lead or will they stay neutral?  Quite a few of the steadfast Euro players made the jump and more could follow, which could devastate their Tour.

Any thoughts from our European spys??

That was just pointed out by Hymie Diaz on the GC that the Saudi thing may really hurt the DP World Tour in the future

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Other note from watching it. Having the shotgun start, was really nice from the viewing standpoint. If I was a spectator going to the event, 5 hours onsite to watch the whole event is a lot better then 9+ hours if you want to watch at a normal pga event. I did like that.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Would it be safe to assume that every card carrying member of the PGA and DP World Tours (among other professional tours) received a monetary offer to play in the LIV Tour events? 

So as I watch the RBC Canadian Open and the DP World events today... These are the professionals that turned down the (undisclosed amount of) LIV Golf money to support their membership in their respective tours, correct?

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

15 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

There is always the concern with NHL when it comes time for the Olympics and risk of injury. Also, WNBA players often go play in Turkey/Russia during the off season.

The NHL for a while didn’t send players to the Olympics and the IIHF World Cup is pretty much run by the NHL and if they didn’t do as much as they do they wouldn’t get many players.

21 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Would it be safe to assume that every card carrying member of the PGA and DP World Tours (among other professional tours) received a monetary offer to play in the LIV Tour events? 

So as I watch the RBC Canadian Open and the DP World events today... These are the professionals that turned down the (undisclosed amount of) LIV Golf money to support their membership in their respective tours, correct?

Possibly - I've heard that the players who aren't "drafted" get sent to do Asian tour events and possibly no guarantee of playing. It will be interesting to see what players like Andy O will do in the future.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

On 6/7/2022 at 10:27 AM, 550025KV said:

So the alternative LIV Golf is ready to launch its first event. Are you watching? My understanding is it's only going to air on a streaming service YouTube or the LIV golf website.  
Thoughts?  

I happened to be home today after a work trip, so I put it on the big TV through YouTube.  I thought the presentation was good, if not quite the polished product we've become accustomed to seeing.  The course and the weather were keeping scores bunched up.  I think the individual / team idea is interesting, and the golf was golf.  I'll probably have it on the TV tomorrow morning as well.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 6/7/2022 at 11:28 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

So for those who formally resign their membership, what is the process they would have to do in order to reapply to get back on tour if they chose to?

There is a process, and it depends on the status the player had when they resigned, i.e. having to back to Q-School, KF Tour, etc.  I don't remember all the details.

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 6/8/2022 at 9:55 AM, TBS said:

I agree BUT... I have to think that LIV is going to make the LPGA product and coverage even worse. 

All LIV would need to do to dismantle LPGA is offer Lexi, Nelly, Lydia, and Minjee a similar outrageous contract. Pull them out of the LPGA to do co-ed team competitions. The Saudi "grow the game" idea fits right in with doing that next year. Also the partnership with Asian tour, pull in more young lady Korean players will hurt LPGA as well.

Pull those players out and LPGA will get ZERO coverage (strength of field clauses in TV coverage). Then all we have left is NCAA coverage... OH WAIT - LIV can start pulling those players for 500k to $1 mil for a 2-3 year contract or an NIL deal then they are gone. 

That money is already there.  I heard discussion of NIL money for some of the amateurs playing this week in London.  Also, did anyone else notice how many UK and European female golfers in the US Open had "Golf Saudi" or "ARAMCO" (Arabian American Oil Company) logos on their shirts last week?  This idea of pulling top female players is something I hadn't thought of, but I bet someone else already has that thought on the table. 

1 hour ago, MGoBlue100 said:

That money is already there.  I heard discussion of NIL money for some of the amateurs playing this week in London.  Also, did anyone else notice how many UK and European female golfers in the US Open had "Golf Saudi" or "ARAMCO" (Arabian American Oil Company) logos on their shirts last week?  This idea of pulling top female players is something I hadn't thought of, but I bet someone else already has that thought on the table. 

The idea of coed tournaments would be cool to see though. 

This whole situation honestly reminds me of something which happened recently in another sport I watch, actually watch it more than I watch golf. Professional paintball, yes it’s a thing and yes it’s a small niche. There was a new team which purchased a spot of an existing team over the off season and started to pay players big money, for paintball that’s 100grand(most make way less than that). The team made it through a single tournament placed high because they bought good talent then the team ownership folded. Guys thought the big money was good to go and not going anywhere because his money is from oil, but his financial backing cut things off after dishing out a ton of money for one tournament. I could see something similar to this happening 

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I'm watching a replay that goes 9ish hours on utube, love Livgolf coverage because it's miles better than what skysport dish up here in New Zealand. Commercials are the order of the day for skysport, infact more commercials than Golf so I'm sure you know how I feel about the POOR product skysport show. Just rubbish....

165483254439767771135.jpg

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

6 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Goes to show what I have always said Norman is an idiot

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The DP World Tour, formally The European Tour, which had entered into a partnership with the PGA Tour has been quiet on any of this.  No sanctions... yet.  Are they going to follow the PGA Tour lead or will they stay neutral?  Quite a few of the steadfast Euro players made the jump and more could follow, which could devastate their Tour.

Any thoughts from our European spys??

Lol I don't even watch DP Tour... I only follow PGA.
But I can tell you that Martin Kaymer was butchered on social media yesterday when he announced he was jumping over.

His statement "doing this to take care of myself and the game" didn't help at all... I think his fans would have been more forgiving if he just said he is doing it for the money... but the lame excuse "to grow the game" didn't sit well...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The course looks nice... my membership includes 5 green fees/year for Centurion and I've never used it lol

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

27 minutes ago, LICC said:

Norman just seems like a bad guy. Very disliked by many even before all this. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-reality-show-pga-tour

People that are very successful in any field are not friends with the rest of the World, their driven single minded arrogance and don't have friends like us. They don't function in our world that's why they live in exclusive expensive communities, as a result of that we think their idiots dicks etc but their extremely rich and don't care what we think...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

11 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Shipnuck has to be a idiot thinking he'd be welcome at a Livgolf event, But as he's a bottom feeder just looking for free publicity that's why he was there. Lucky he didn't get slapped around lol...

2 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

People that are very successful in any field are not friends with the rest of the World, their driven single minded arrogance and don't have friends like us. They don't function in our world that's why they live in exclusive expensive communities, as a result of that we think their idiots dicks etc but their extremely rich and don't care what we think...

Norman isn’t wealthy because of some single focused mental ability. He is wealthy because of his golf skill. He smartly parlayed that into branding, but it comes down to his golf persona. 

And there are super wealthy people who aren’t arrogant and unethical.

Read about the problems with his club in Florida. Read how he took advantage with his best friend’s wife. He just seems like a bad guy. 

3 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Shipnuck has to be a idiot thinking he'd be welcome at a Livgolf event, But as he's a bottom feeder just looking for free publicity that's why he was there. Lucky he didn't get slapped around lol...

He is a credentialed member of the press. He should expect to be able to be there without getting physically removed. 

41 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Yeah that’s hilarious, the thought of a well respected golf journalist being physically abused for doing his job. Why on earth did you think this was something even remotely worthwhile or appropriate to post given everything we’ve been talking about????

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

In my experience this is way too broad a statement.  Due to our business I have personal interaction with more than a few mega millionaires and most are very good to deal with.  A few have developed into friends after working with them for a few years.  We are far, far away from their economic status so it's not like they view us as financial equals that are worthy of their time.  (They have seen my work truck and been to our house so they know we aren't on their $$ level 😄 )  They are genuinely nice and treat people with respect.

I have also worked with people on the other end of the economic scale and they act like the "idiot dicks" you describe and also don't care what we think unless it supports their self serving agenda.  None of them live in exclusive expensive communities so in that regard they are different than GN.  I usually learn fairly quickly what they are like and either turn down the first project or decline any follow up's.  

People can be turds no matter the status of their financial bottom line or position in society.  

GN's arrogance is properly summed up by his blatant lie about not knowing about Shipnucks ejection while staring at it happening.  I would bet he was the one to order it.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

This is what the PGA Tour reminds me of right now.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

20 hours ago, TBS said:

Something that I just heard - Even if LIV events can't win you any/much OWGR points, LIV could make their "World Golf Rankings". Giving points to players on all tours and then create a series of majors with Purses that are out of this world. They can then use their ranking system to invite players from all over the world to compete. I know history and tradition is what everyone hopes keeps the current majors but majors are only what they are if it has the best players. 

With as much money as LIV has, it can literally recreate anything. 

Following up on the majors conversation. US Open and Open Championship have pretty clear entry guidelines and I don't see that changing.

PGA Championship - meh, we'll see what happens but I also think that these players would be okay not playing in this major

Masters - Could have the biggest impact BUT look who is with LIV - Sergio, Charl, DJ, P Reed, Phil, (possibly Bubba) all winners. 7 winners out of the last 13 years... A ban there could actually hurt that tournament. 

LIV is in the drivers seat unless Monahan has a few tricks up his sleeve.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

I threw on LIV for a little while this morning. Its not terrible. Turned to the RBC Canadian Open because I have fantasy players in play and more overall players I would prefer to watch play.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

All I know this would be a great documentary about LIV vs PGA ...

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 minute ago, Nolan220 said:

All I know this would be a great documentary about LIV vs PGA ...

You are on to something there...

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

Just now, Hobert said:

You are on to something there...

someone is prob already starting to collection data for this .. very interested in how this all plays out .. PGA might be in trouble

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag