TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

new member 84yrs old usga 11 h , just my 2c , brandel chamblee says liv makes him want to puke , if espn offered him 2 mil a year for 5 years  he would go there today , also  50-70 years from now the only golfers people will still be talking about would be -- b. jones --b. hogan --s. sneed -- a. palmer -- j . nicklaus -- tiger woods. .

i am thinking 6 months to a year from now liv golf will have at least 25 of the top 60 golfers 

i  like mickelson , he is helping the pga tour more the the members know .

look at the golf channel now -- money talks bs walks  

imb 

d- tm m5 10.5 with gd ad-dj6s

fw - callaway epic heaven wood

irons - tm rocketballz

p--odyssey black series i7

b - titleist truefeel

Edited by shootmyage

2 hours ago, LICC said:

No one is equating the LIV players to the worst of the Saudis committing atrocities. People are equating the LIV players to being sell-out stooges for the Saudis that are committing the atrocities.

Trying to stay out of the politics here: Asking LIV players about the atrocities is a rhetorical attempt to tie the player to the acts themselves. The player has already made their choice and (however weakly) explained the choice, so the questions aren't meant to persuade or inform- only to assert moral superiority by connecting the decision to Saudi actions.

Mostly :taylormade-small: ITB. SIMMs, P790s...etc

Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are some reports out there that this increase was always planned for, just not this quickly. Covid season had a lot to do with that and breaking into the funds they wanted to use for it. Eventual plan according to reports is to have most of these high profile events at 25 Million pots. 

I'm not going to say the PGA played this correctly, but I'm still going to side with them. The only player I'm sad to see go is Brooks. I'm hopeful that this exile of others will lead to more tour cards and opportunities for younger talent to come up and get the opportunity on tour. 

I watched a bit of LIV, very meh and highly unlikely I tune in again. 

We have spent a lot of time discussing LIV and everything that goes along with it. However does anybody think the Tour is handling this correctly?? From what I have seen they continue to fall all over themselves. They announced new purses great, how long would this have taken if not for LIV? They have increased fees for every Monday qualifier, if you want to grow the game help these guys don't hurt them. They have adjusted the schedule, which they needed to do, but have done so while increasing the pressure and difficulty to everyone ranked 71 and lower. Not to mention the fact that the KFT guys probably have a harder road to the tour than ever before (I could be wrong on this one but it is my interpretation). Yes they have helped their stars but now the road is harder to become a star and that would seem be a detriment to the long term health. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I'm still curious about the team format- do they plan to have some sort of continuity event to event? 

It's hard to take the teams (not to mention team names) seriously if there's no explanation of where this is all going. If it's just like our local club weekly blind draws, then what's the point of captains and names? If it will be some kind of season long format- it'd be good to know.

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

We have spent a lot of time discussing LIV and everything that goes along with it. However does anybody think the Tour is handling this correctly?? From what I have seen they continue to fall all over themselves. They announced new purses great, how long would this have taken if not for LIV? They have increased fees for every Monday qualifier, if you want to grow the game help these guys don't hurt them. They have adjusted the schedule, which they needed to do, but have done so while increasing the pressure and difficulty to everyone ranked 71 and lower. Not to mention the fact that the KFT guys probably have a harder road to the tour than ever before (I could be wrong on this one but it is my interpretation). Yes they have helped their stars but now the road is harder to become a star and that would seem be a detriment to the long term health. 

It's long as all get out, but NLU had a great podcast with Homa on it all. Definitely recommend and a ton of great points made. Having Max certainly helped.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Ohms said:

Trying to stay out of the politics here: Asking LIV players about the atrocities is a rhetorical attempt to tie the player to the acts themselves. The player has already made their choice and (however weakly) explained the choice, so the questions aren't meant to persuade or inform- only to assert moral superiority by connecting the decision to Saudi actions.

By that logic, you should look for work in organized crime or another illegal entity since you'd probably make way more money - and you don't care where it comes from. But we disagree in the end...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

29 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

The PGA Tour made good strategic moves to combat the LIV threat. Unfortunately that has some negative consequences for the lower ranked players, but that blame lies with LIV forcing the PGA Tour's hand.

5 minutes ago, LICC said:

The PGA Tour made good strategic moves to combat the LIV threat. Unfortunately that has some negative consequences for the lower ranked players, but that blame lies with LIV forcing the PGA Tour's hand.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

53 minutes ago, Middler said:

By that logic, you should work for the mafia or another illegal entity since you'd probably make more money - and you don't care where it comes from. But we disagree in the end...

Yeah, I delved into a little hyperbole myself there- I was just frustrated at the way the players, mainly Mickelson were treated at the US Open. It's weird, I never was a fan of his, but the over-the-top berating of him- by the Golf channel in particular got my ire up.  I know that the moral argument is important and genuinely held by people. No disrespect to their views on LIV was intended.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I remember hearing the ball in the cup at the LIV event and thinking it was a sound board some intern had to be quick to hit!

Turns out it was a cup mic. (Fox used it on their broadcasts of the PGA apparently)

LIV Golf Aims To Take Golf Audio on a Really Long Drive - winnquick.com

Edited by Ohms

2 hours ago, Ohms said:

Yeah, I delved into a little hyperbole myself there- I was just frustrated at the way the players, mainly Mickelson were treated at the US Open. It's weird, I never was a fan of his, but the over-the-top berating of him- by the Golf channel in particular got my ire up.  I know that the moral argument is important and genuinely held by people. No disrespect to their views on LIV was intended.

Nah - Phil is getting off easy. 

Not too long ago, the biggest name in golf had to do this for an non-golf, off course issue - 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

2 minutes ago, TBS said:

Not too long ago, the biggest name in golf had to do this for an non-golf, off course issue - 

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/02/02/jack-nicklaus-golf-course-saudi-arabia-qiddiya/

Where is all the outrage for Jack?

What PGAers will you miss the most?

Phil for sure, Brooksie was fun watching him when he was great, Rickie he is a true gentlemen, when ever he was in the hunt in 2015 or so he always was the first person to congratulate the winner of an event and it was always televised.

He will have to answer some very tough media questions as will Brooks for his quick turnaround.

5 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Phil for sure, Brooksie was fun watching him when he was great, Rickie he is a true gentlemen, when ever he was in the hunt in 2015 or so he always was the first person to congratulate the winner of an event and it was always televised.

He will have to answer some very tough media questions as will Brooks for his quick turnaround.

None. Outside of Tiger I don’t watch golf for specific people. I watch it for the golf shots

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

17 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

None. Outside of Tiger I don’t watch golf for specific people. I watch it for the golf shots

I am the opposite, I will watch all golfers except Tiger. Of course, if he is playing, that's all they show.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

22 hours ago, LICC said:

Jay Monahan today: 

"We welcome good, healthy competition. The LIV Saudi golf league is not that. It’s an irrational threat; one not concerned with the return on investment or true growth of the game.

Currently no one organization owns or dominates the game of golf. Instead, the various entities, be it Augusta National or the USGA or the LPGA or the PGA Tour or the PGA of America work together to meet our own respective priorities, but with the best interests of the game overall at heart,” he continued. 

I believe the USGA and the PGA Tour care about the "best interests of the game" about as much as I believe LIV want to "grow the game" and the NCAA cares about "student athletes".  They all care about protecting their individual fiefdoms as they see fit. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Just now, GaDawg said:

I am the opposite, I will watch all golfers except Tiger. Of course, if he is playing, that's all they show.

Just imagine how much media attention will be on him at The Open because of his comeback after his crash, because he turned down perhaps a billion dollars to not join LIV, because it is the 150th, because he is Tiger, because he was Phil's biggest rival and now they are on opposite tours.

9 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Just imagine how much media attention will be on him at The Open because of his comeback after his crash, because he turned down perhaps a billion dollars to not join LIV, because it is the 150th, because he is Tiger, because he was Phil's biggest rival and now they are on opposite tours.

Tiger is h the GOAT and will be shown because of it. His comeback has already started at the Masters. Btw Phil can play The Open so while they are on separate tours this is one event that will see them in the same field. The Tiger vs Phil isn’t what everyone wants it to be or thought it was 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

41 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Fowler has been rumored, but I haven't seen where he's made the move has he?

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Just now, MGoBlue100 said:

Fowler has been rumored, but I haven't seen where he's made the move has he?

He also just committed to Rocker Mortgage so that would suggest he isn't playing LIV.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

55 minutes ago, TBS said:

It's just a shame Elin missed.  Of course, those long irons are hard to hit.

That is my point lets stop bickering and get back to the battle of the golf legends superstars. LIV is alive and growing almost daily, we can't ignore it or hope it goes away because it will not, not as long as Saudi has a king, has oil and the internal combustion engine is king.

Edited by Hacker1
typo

i know if i was a above avg tour golfer and got offered a good sum of money from liv golf to join i would take it , things can happen to people so they can not compete anymore , so get the money up front and enjoy life .

if i had to bet on the next pga players to leave it would be --r. fowler -- jason day --a. scott  -- t. fleetwood ..

what i don't know is now they have 48 players , what if they have 80 , i can understand having 72 with a shotgun start 4x18  

but with 80 ??

42 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Ok here we go again, putting it in one place.

Who will be the top 3 LIV golfers at The Open and where will they finish?

Will Tiger beat Phil?

Will Rory and Justin beat Brooks and Bryson?

What will Tiger say about LIV and Phil?

Seriously? The LIV players will all get stomped again…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys