Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

1 hour ago, LICC said:

Playing one fewer round in a LIV event does not affect any gym training, range practice, or travel. Most of these LIV players are signing up for next year to play about the same number of events they would have played for the PGA Tour. Your original point was that cutting out that 4th round is a massive lift of a burden for these guys given all they do for the lead-up to the tournaments, when in reality you are wrong about the Mon-Wed activities of these guys and you are making it sound like practicing extra chipping is so strenuous.

One round a week is a huge relief on them. That’s 23 rounds of golf, that’s about 150 miles less stress on the body and extra time to recover. The fact you don’t understand how much stress is out on the body and mind from playing tournament golf isn’t surprising? You accept what other say. 

Its easy to see you have never played anything above recreational sports if that. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

17 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

And anyone who does not belive your last sentence should have seen Rory last week. Even though he is in top physical shape when he started melting down you could tell he was physically and mentally broke down. Trust me I know having played golf for a living several different times of my life I know the stress and toll on the mind and body. One of the reasons I do not sweat things too much now. LOL this just reminded me my last Mini Tour event was a co sanctioned event 12 years ago this weekend. I was semi retired from comp then and got talked into coming out of retirement. Ended up winning the Pro division in my age group. Went ahead and basically retired after that and concentrated on my trucking to put back enough money to retire on. Have not played any comps or big money matches since then. And the decision worked basically well for me except the accident part. I did retire pre accident at 62 and was working part time 2 days a week 16 hrs total when I got hurt on the job. Yeah I do not expect a lot from my golf these days because I practice and play when I want to and I am happy

You can see it in pros all the time when they have played 3-4 events in a row. They usually don’t have the same energy at the end of that last tournament. You can see it in their swing, their movement around the course, they face usually shows the stress and fatigue. Some even talk about it in post round interviews.  

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

26 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

One round a week is a huge relief on them. That’s 23 rounds of golf, that’s about 150 miles less stress on the body and extra time to recover. The fact you don’t understand how much stress is out on the body and mind from playing tournament golf isn’t surprising? You accept what other say. 

Its easy to see you have never played anything above recreational sports if that. 

If it is so huge, would they play for 25% less money to avoid the 4th round? Do you really believe that not playing on Sunday, rather than the massive money payouts, is the reason they are joining LIV?

You have no idea what I've played or competed or at what levels.

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Like I suggested above go ahead and fly to a new city this week and go thru the same routine the players do, then do it again the week after that and the next 3-4 weeks after that and see how you feel. Meanwhile you won’t have the pressure of trying to make a cut, maintain your ranking on the FedEx cup or owgr. 

Yes it’s not the same as a contact sport but nonetheless it’s stress on the body and mind.

I just travel for work upwards of 30+ weeks a year and that's a grind, even without the mental gymnastics of playing a professional sport.  I know @GolfSpy Barbajo does practically the same, and most likely a few others here.  Friday nights after flying home are often a short blur. 🥴

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, LICC said:

If it is so huge, would they play for 25% less money to avoid the 4th round? Do you really believe that not playing on Sunday, rather than the massive money payouts, is the reason they are joining LIV?

Well from your posts I would lay 5 to 1 odds that Ricky is correct

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

13 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Been watching the coverage yesterday and today and with the amount of mics all over we're getting to hear lots of f-bombs all over the course 😂🤣

In other words just like a typical day at the local Muni-

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 hours ago, LICC said:

Nobody is taking less money to do the same about of work. Not to mention other than LIV no golf tour is promising any of them guaranteed money, they have to earn it each week.

I don’t think it’s one or the other but both. Whether anyone believes them or not and we know you don’t, there are several talking about more time with family and not on the road. It happens with athletes in all sports as their career progress. 

It’s easy to tell you’ve never trained for strength or speed in the gym based on your arguments on this forum and wrx and it’s easy to tell with how quick you are to dismiss tour life’s mental and physicals stress you haven’t done anything serious that required the mental and physical fortitude of week in and week out competition.

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

Watching Liv 2nd round on utube, Ortiz joint leader with DJ and it's FREE...

16567125629562015141744.jpg

Same here. I hooked up up our spare laptop thru the TV. Watching tour golf commercial free... pinch me 👍. The coverage has been quite good as has been the caliber of play. They have some interesting graphics such as the "shot difficulty index", the hole difficulty "green, yellow, and red", and the high speed drone fly-overs. Yesterday, they were saying the technology is nearly there for them to "fly with the golf shot" - that would be interesting.  DJ and Ortiz definitely brought their A games today and it feels like a match play contest between them.

Nice to see Brooks finding his groove on LIV... sure didn't have any mojo on my FTx roster 😏.

It's shaping up to be a good Saturday finish... wait, what did I just say? 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Screenshot_20220701-182658_Firefox.jpg.ddcb2897e60771488c46d3182b5dd59b.jpg

Other then the Asian tour players, that is a recognizable leader board.  gooch,  Matt Wolf, Martin Kaymer, and Kevin Na right there too.

The on air product/ broadcast is shockingly well done for the 2nd time out.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nobody is taking less money to do the same about of work. Not to mention other than LIV no golf tour is promising any of them guaranteed money, they have to earn it each week.

I don’t think it’s one or the other but both. Whether anyone believes them or not and we know you don’t, there are several talking about more time with family and not on the road. It happens with athletes in all sports as their career progress. 

It’s easy to tell you’ve never trained for strength or speed in the gym based on your arguments on this forum and wrx and it’s easy to tell with how quick you are to dismiss tour life’s mental and physicals stress you haven’t done anything serious that required the mental and physical fortitude of week in and week out competition.

I haven’t dismissed any mental or physical stresses. Like all your conclusions here, wrong again. You should try to stick to facts rather than attempt to measure up to imaginary competition 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

On 6/30/2022 at 7:03 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

My goodness I despise this whole topic. 

... I could not have said it any better. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 6/30/2022 at 6:34 PM, BIG STU said:

There have allways been a few independant club repair guys on the Tour. When we had the golf shop we used to deal with a couple that were from basically our area.

I believe that Scott Garrison(sp) runs the last independent truck on the PGA tour. Even though he's independent he seems to do a lot of work for guys with club deals that also have tour trucks.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Carlos Ortiz smoking hot right out of the gate... DJ not so much. This is not the same Carlos I had on my FTx squad 😏.  I'm now finding myself watching the team scores as much as individual scores.  They are reporting "sell out" attendance and there is definitely more depth and length to the galleries.  It's cool seeing some not so familiar players.

Paul (Popeye) Casey makes it official, joining Team Crushers.  He plans to make his debut at the Bedminster event after what may be his last major event.

42 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Carlos Ortiz smoking hot right out of the gate... DJ not so much. This is not the same Carlos I had on my FTx squad 😏.  I'm now finding myself watching the team scores as much as individual scores.  They are reporting "sell out" attendance and there is definitely more depth and length to the galleries.  It's cool seeing some not so familiar players.

I read an article that said attendance was sold out, but limited. Right now I don’t think LIV actually wants any Phoenix Open type numbers, if they could generate that. 

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Paul (Popeye) Casey makes it official, joining Team Crushers.  He plans to make his debut at the Bedminster event after what may be his last major event.

I seem to remember PC was pretty vocal against this in the beginning. His agent must have called Paul’s wife with the financial numbers. 

Okay, I do have one complaint about the LIV continuous livestream.  You must impose self discipline and schedule breaks before the "beverage tank full light" starts flashing 😆.

5 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

I seem to remember PC was pretty vocal against this in the beginning. His agent must have called Paul’s wife with the financial numbers. 

Heck, knowing Norman, he's probably been selling the wife's as hard as the players 🙂.

25 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Okay, I do have one complaint about the LIV continuous livestream.  You must impose self discipline and schedule breaks before the "beverage tank full light" starts flashing 😆.

Luckily I can see my TV from my kitchen/drink station. Bathroom is another issue, LOLZ

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Heck, knowing Norman, he's probably been selling the wife's as hard as the players 🙂.

It’s a brilliant strategy. I’ve heard the agents are lobbying their clients very hard as well. More money = more commission. 

7 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

It’s a brilliant strategy. I’ve heard the agents are lobbying their clients very hard as well. More money = more commission. 

Well, they are no doubt doing their best to "pump it up" so to speak, and sell the product, but watching some of the pre round interview segments, it does seem like a completely different feel than what we're all use too.  

Watching the coverage, which is non-stop and shows almost all the players is pretty cool. Completely different than any PGA Tour or major tournament coverage.  I know it probably won’t always be like this once they franchise & sell the teams, but it’s an awesome way to watch golf right now. Also have a good individual and team competition happening right now.  I like JT Poston, but I can watch that finish tomorrow if I wish. 

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Take the pressure of cuts away and having to earn your money each week will free some people up.