TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

It’s nice seeing Wolff back on the top of the leaderboard. The change of scenery and no-cut format seems to have been good for him!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

1 minute ago, gavinski91 said:

It’s nice seeing Wolff back on the top of the leaderboard. The change of scenery and no-cut format seems to have been good for him!

Did you see him drive the 320 yard par 4?  Absolutely coined it and followed the dogleg around the corner landing on and rolling to about 4 feet. Yes, this format may help he and others find their absentee games.  The change of venue may also prove positive to the mental gremlins he's recently dealt with.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just got a good laugh. Smyth had a pretty errant approach shot and had to walk down into the crowd. There is music playing loud enough to hear it on the broadcast and some people are talking. Then you hear the caddy ask the people to be quiet. 😂 This is supposed to be golf, but louder.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Could be. He just cannot seem to keep any positive momentum going.  But, his score counts today and he's one under thus far. This is the aspect of the team play that makes it interesting... the game within the game.  Even a player out of the individual contest can be the difference in a team win.  And all of these guys are pre-wired to be competitive.

So as best I can tell, the first 2 days they take the best 2 scores from each team. Then on day 3 they take the best 3 scores. Perez is looking to get none of his scores used. 😬

Somebody threw Reed's putter in the chest freezer last night and stole his "buy a putt" change bag.  Overall, the putting prowess of the field has been paltry.  I'm not sure if that's more a reflection of the field or difficulty of the greens.

8 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

So as best I can tell, the first 2 days they take the best 2 scores from each team. Then on day 3 they take the best 3 scores. Perez is looking to get none of his scores used. 😬

LIV Golf... "where you can lose and still win" 😆 I bet he cleans the clubs, carries the bags to the parking lot, and buys all the after round beverages.

Henrik Stenson making a statement in his LIV debut.  That $4,375,000 check should take a little sting out of the recent happenings. I was hoping Wolff could chase him down but Henrik did play really solid. 

Johnson's birdie putt on 18 nets him an additional $537,000... world gone bonkers.

Schwartzel, Grace, Stenson.  Three data points enough to call this a trend? 🤔

11 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

There have been times I have watched for hours on a Thursday and Friday and then almost none on Saturday and Sunday because of who did/didn’t get cut. 

What say you?

Yeah same here but, not many players from NZ play the PGA tour or the LPGA tour. And unless Lydia Ko is leading don't see her as she's not American, plus the bloody commercials get more air time than the golf. So to see my fav players I'd have to watch the highlights on utube, so I'm loving Liv changing the horizon for the better for me. I also hope that the World improves for the women in the middle east, I actually believe 99% of people in any country are decent people....

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I watched the last 3 hours yesterday and here are my thoughts. 

Love, love, love the commercial free aspect. I do not miss endless truck, erectile dysfunction and investment ads!

I don't like the scoreboard at all. On my screen they leave a space on the far left side then the ticker and then the screen so there is movement to the left of the score board which was very distracting. It's also difficult to follow the player & the teams through the board. I do like when they show the team members at the bottom of the screen when discussing one of the members contributions.

The music in the background didn't bother me at all, but the shouts after a player hits were worse than the typical PGA tour shouts, but it could be just the NJ crowd!😅

Overall, I thought the quality of the tee to green play was good and no one appeared to be phoning it in. As @fixyurdivotmentioned I don't recall ever seeing so many missed putts! The producer/director may have recognized that as well, as it seemed after a bunch of missed putts they would go to tape of 3 guys making putts from earlier in the day, even if those guys were +10 for the tourney.

Crowds we're very sparse and announcers constantly saying "it's chaos out here with these crowds", was totally disingenuous, but I get it they are trying to promote their product. 

Speaking of announcers I think Jerry Foltz does a fantastic job and Feherty, with the network handcuffs off, was really working on the edge and I liked it!

Congrats to Henrik on the win, pretty nice week when you can take home $104.3 million!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

16 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Late to this thread and won't get into how much I disdain this new league ... but, I really do love Matt Wolff and wish him success on this tour. Glad to read that he played well and was in contention. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

1 minute ago, Siamese Moose said:

I read that Patrick Reed got $80 million to switch, 20 from the Saudis and 60 from the PGA Tour.

Article? or is this a joke?

Pretty sure that can't be possible as they have had to do all these different things like PIP and WGCs to get more money to their high profile players. As the way they are structured they can't just give money to any player they see fit. If that was the case they would have looked to add bonus' to the guys that add value to the tour. Unfortunately that isn't possible. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Article? or is this a joke?

Pretty sure that can't be possible as they have had to do all these different things like PIP and WGCs to get more money to their high profile players. As the way they are structured they can't just give money to any player they see fit. If that was the case they would have looked to add bonus' to the guys that add value to the tour. Unfortunately that isn't possible. 

If he pulled your leg any harder it would come off…guess you didn’t see the humor in “60 from the PGA Tour.”

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Just now, Middler said:

If he pulled your leg any harder if would come off…guess you didn’t see the humor.

I figured as much, but given all the various nonsense and everything else that has gone on in this thread I wouldn't be surprised at anything someone may believe or have read and believed to be true. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

13 minutes ago, Middler said:

If he pulled your leg any harder it would come off…guess you didn’t see the humor in “60 from the PGA Tour.”

... Maybe if he changed the numbers to "20 from the Saudi's, 20 from the PGA Tour and Tour Pro's took up a collection for the other 40" it would have been more obvious. 😉

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Maybe if he changed the numbers to "20 from the Saudi's, 20 from the PGA Tour and Tour Pro's took up a collection for the other 40" it would have been more obvious. 😉

Heck, I would have chipped in a couple bucks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

20 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Henrik Stenson making a statement in his LIV debut.  That $4,375,000 check should take a little sting out of the recent happenings. I was hoping Wolff could chase him down but Henrik did play really solid. 

Johnson's birdie putt on 18 nets him an additional $537,000... world gone bonkers.

Schwartzel, Grace, Stenson.  Three data points enough to call this a trend? 🤔

Unreal, Perez finishes bottom third and pockets a little shy of 1 million dead presidents.   If I was a college brat coming out I don't know, that's good money. 

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

5 minutes ago, MacTourney said:

Unreal, Perez finishes bottom third and pockets a little shy of 1 million dead presidents.   If I was a college brat coming out I don't know, that's good money. 

So the thing that will be interesting to see is how many of these bottom tier guys get to keep their spot on tour as more of the big name guys come over. I saw somewhere that 3-4 guys who played on the asian tour were actually able to go back to the asian tour when they got bumped out of the league.

If I was an up and comer and had an opportunity to get on LIV, it would be really hard to turn it down, at least financially.

1 hour ago, PeterHenric said:

So the thing that will be interesting to see is how many of these bottom tier guys get to keep their spot on tour as more of the big name guys come over. I saw somewhere that 3-4 guys who played on the asian tour were actually able to go back to the asian tour when they got bumped out of the league.

If I was an up and comer and had an opportunity to get on LIV, it would be really hard to turn it down, at least financially.

Well considering the league is working with the Asian tour that’s not a surprise. The Asian tour isn’t banning people from their tour for playing in liv, they are helping.

Theres rumors that there will be a tiered program for advancement to liv

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Not that any of them had better options, all well paid while it lasted.

LIV Players axed after London - Oliver Bekker, Ratchanon Chantananuwat, Oliver Fisher, Pablo Larrazabal, Viraj Madappa, Andy Ogletree, JC Ritchie, Blake Windred, and Kevin Yuan.

LIV Players axed after Portland - Itthipat Buranatanyarat, Sihwan Kim, Adrian Otaegui, Ian Snyman and Blake Windred.

Still plenty of no-names, walking wounded and past their primes to axe…

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

3 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

I think that is exactly what Pat Perez and many others in his mid-career, middle of the pack are thinking.  Get in early and make as much as you can before you get bumped; either because you continue to play mediocre or more top talent shows up.  Perez may very likely make more this inaugural year than he'd make in 10 years on tour.  Add to that his chances of being in a major or Ryder Cup, or Presidents Cup (slim to none), and it's easy to understand why their making the move.

6 hours ago, LICC said:

And according to this Twitter user who tracked the YouTube concurrents every 15 minutes for the event on Sunday, viewership topped out at 115,000.

These numbers are down significantly from LIV’s previous tournament, which took place the first weekend in July.

I also saw on one of my FB feeds that tickets that originally sold for like $75 were down to like $3. Do not know per say. The same article said that there were less than 10K people that clicked on the LIV website. These days you never know because the media will post anything without checking the facts. They also quoted the same 115,000 you posted in the same article for U-Tube

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

14 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I figured as much, but given all the various nonsense and everything else that has gone on in this thread I wouldn't be surprised at anything someone may believe or have read and believed to be true. 

If you think this is something you ought to read some of the articles that are on my FB feeds---- Personally I do not know what to believe anymore from either side.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I think that is exactly what Pat Perez and many others in his mid-career, middle of the pack are thinking.  Get in early and make as much as you can before you get bumped; either because you continue to play mediocre or more top talent shows up.  Perez may very likely make more this inaugural year than he'd make in 10 years on tour.  Add to that his chances of being in a major or Ryder Cup, or Presidents Cup (slim to none), and it's easy to understand why their making the move.

Kinda like the Steve Miller song "Take the Money and Run" In his case ride the horse for the money until she bucks you. I like Perez BTW long hair party guy and says honestly what is on his mind and does not care if someone like it or not

G

I’m strugling to understand the organisation of Golf.

1) you have the R&A and the USGA that define the rules of golf and run their respective Opens

2) PGA of America runs the US PGA Championship and Ryder Cup US

3) PGA Tour runs the tour and the Fed Ex, Korn Ferry

4) European Tour runs DP World Tour and Race to Dubai, Challenger Tour

5) WGC events?

6) Ryder Cup Europe?

7) Asia Tour

who decides what? World ranking points in particular. What is the hierarchy?

Im no great supporter of LIV and where the money comes from but players are making decisions based on cash, which they are entitled to do. 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Have any OEMs taken a public stance on LIV yet? Obviously, there have been companies that have dropped players, but I don't think I've seen any company come out and publicly disavow LIV. Odyssey social media seems to believe a win is a win is a win. 

FZH3qd_UcAAcUWr.jpeg.548e2097333e868f51aaf75d752261ad.jpeg

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

Have any OEMs taken a public stance on LIV yet? Obviously, there have been companies that have dropped players, but I don't think I've seen any company come out and publicly disavow LIV. Odyssey social media seems to believe a win is a win is a win. 

They’re waiting (as long as possible) to see how their customers react, hoping they don't have to change anything. They’ll do whatever they expect to maximize revenue/earnings - they wouldn’t touch right v wrong with a ten foot pole. They won’t take a position if they don’t have to. Same with endorsement contracts. Evidently Odyssey has decided to tentatively test the waters.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

5) WGC events?

6) Ryder Cup Europe?

7) Asia Tour

who decides what? World ranking points in particular. What is the hierarchy?

Im no great supporter of LIV and where the money comes from but players are making decisions based on cash, which they are entitled to do. 

WGC events are a collab of all tours and entry is based on world ranking.

Ryder Cup Europe team is handled by European tour and pga of Great Britain and Ireland. One has to be a member of the euro tour now called dp world tour

Asian tour is its own tour. Iirc it’s run by the international federation of pga tours.

This will explain how owgr points are assigned 

http://www.owgr.com/about

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Saw a headline that per Norman the LIV offer to Tiger is $700-800 million