Jump to content

Liv Golf Central Thread: No Politics


Recommended Posts

Brooks lives for majors, US open is big for him as a double winner of it, he wants the golf world attention to be on the US Open and how he was / is a king of it and really wants to win it again. He is totally supporting his brother on it and watching it while he is golfing.

He has had injuries for a few years now which set him back but now with his recent marriage to a fine looking woman, this maybe the boost he needs to be three peat US Open major winner which he really wants and is ticked that the media are not asking him questions about his ability to get the hat trick. It will be his motivation to show teh media, teh golfers how he is the top talent.

Also his feud with Bryson is big and now bigger as Bryson won the US Open and is the top current competitive LIV golfer, Brooks really want to beat him and tell the world about it. It will  really add to the Brooks Bryson feud, golf world will love it as they would with a Sergio vs Rory show down.

I bet LIV is giving or at least many LIV golfers likely have a really big bonus if any of them win a major to support LIV golf but have to keep it a secret as to not upset the majors and the PGA because they will likely win 3 times as much as what the majors pay for the win. This is sure bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DP World Tour is the hottest looking date in town and being courted by

Report: DP World Tour Considering LIV Golf Partnership | Golf Monthly

and by

Exclusive: PGA And DP World Tour In 'Advanced Negotiations' To Combat Saudi LIV Golf Threat | Golf Monthly

Do you think they might be playing one against the other for maybe just a little more money?  I wonder if either merger is subject to anti-trust law/vetting?  

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

DP World Tour is the hottest looking date in town and being courted by

Report: DP World Tour Considering LIV Golf Partnership | Golf Monthly

and by

Exclusive: PGA And DP World Tour In 'Advanced Negotiations' To Combat Saudi LIV Golf Threat | Golf Monthly

Do you think they might be playing one against the other for maybe just a little more money?  I wonder if either merger is subject to anti-trust law/vetting?  

Interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm stuck at being piss## at the garbage that is passed off on skysport that is full of commercials, in fact on any LPGA events there's more than half the delayed telecast time allocated to commercials. And I paid for the privilege of watching it, so I'm ecstatic that Liv has very little to none. Go Liv...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the USGA chat and Mike talked about $3.1 million to the winner?

 

Isn't that the biggest purse in USGA history?

 

Would this have happened without Liv, I think not.  I'm sorry to say that I've no interest in what rory and brooks have to say, easy to criticize from your ivory tower and yeah he's obviously a damn good golfer. BUT ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm sorry to say that I've no interest in what rory and brooks have to say, easy to criticize from your ivory tower and yeah he's obviously a damn good golfer. BUT ?

I’m waiting for those that say they don’t play for the money but to see their name on a trophy and play against the best in the world to donate all the money they win to charity.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’m waiting for those that say they don’t play for the money but to see their name on a trophy and play against the best in the world to donate all the money they win to charity.  

Not quite sure if you’re talking about PGA or LIV players. The PGA pros do play for little to nothing in the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup, but they’re all elite players who make lots of money from other tournaments and endorsements, so playing a couple times a year pro bono is possible. The cups do give a lot to charity IIRC.

  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Middler said:

Not quite sure if you’re talking about PGA or LIV players. The PGA pros do play for little to nothing in the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup, but they’re all elite players who make lots of money from other tournaments and endorsements, so playing a couple times a year pro bono is possible. The cups do give a lot to charity IIRC.

Referring to the PGA pros that have discussed they aren’t chasing money and going to liv and playing the PGA tour to have their name on a trophy next to players like Hogan.  These pros play 15-25 tournaments a year.  

  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

I’m waiting for those that say they don’t play for the money but to see their name on a trophy and play against the best in the world to donate all the money they win to charity.  

My advice don't hold your breath lol lol

 

NEVER GOING to happen...

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

Referring to the PGA pros that have discussed they aren’t chasing money and going to liv and playing the PGA tour to have their name on a trophy next to players like Hogan.  These pros play 15-25 tournaments a year.  

Yeah if you look out your Windows and see flying pigs you can be sure that those naysayers will give all their money to charity hahahaha... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

... Koincidence or Karma?

+7 Mickelson
+7 Oosthuizen
+5 Na
+4 Gooch

 

  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Headed over to Ennis for a haircut and round of golf yesterday morning and this was playing...

Immediately made me think of LIV and an appropriate theme song 🙂.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Koincidence or Karma?

+7 Mickelson
+7 Oosthuizen
+5 Na
+4 Gooch

 

I guess you really don't get what you paid for

  • Like 1

 :taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Like 2

14 of the following:

Ping G425 Max

Callaway Epic Max 5 wood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

PXG 0311P Gen. 3  6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Interesting, but nothing we haven't heard before. At least he doesn't appear to have the vitriol that the Golf Channel expresses regularly.  I feel like in their case- the way they're portraying LIV is hurting golf more than LIV itself is hurting golf. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Mostly :taylormade-small: ITB. SIMMs, P790s...etc

Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ohms said:

Interesting, but nothing we haven't heard before. At least he doesn't appear to have the vitriol that the Golf Channel expresses regularly.  I feel like in their case- the way they're portraying LIV is hurting golf more than LIV itself is hurting golf. 

I think it's bias projected on all these naysayers by the PGA, if not you will lose PGA assistance. But I think the PGA is slowly going to lose that influence, I know two Australian non-playing Pro's and the rumors are that the PGA is running scared because there's more defections coming... 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over on another site, there were a number of high profile golfers that are now rumored to be jumping ship. Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Collin Morikawa, and Viktor Hovland. If they were true, that would be a huge blow to PGA. I know that Fowler and Wolff aren’t what they used to be but that doesn’t leave a ton of high profile guys left.

If that were true, PGA might be forced to do some dealings with LIV.

  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Driving Iron: Taylormade Stealth DHY 2 (Aldila Ascent Graphite Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-Gap (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7S Stiff)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200), Vokey SM8 56º 10S (AMT Black Wedge Flex)

Putter: Odyssey Eleven Stroke Lab (Center Shaft)

Ball: MaxFli Tour X CG, Taylormade Tour Response Stripe

Fitted for all clubs from irons on up.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

If that were true, PGA might be forced to do some dealings with LIV.

And, sadly, this is something they should have worked out before choosing the nuclear option.  If they at least attempted to work a deal that allowed both to exist it would have looked better to the players and fans. Some argue there is no way they can make both work - I disagree.  There is always a way forward if people have a mind to make it happen.

Not sure where your sources are coming from, but yeah, losing those guys would be bad and likely be the catalyst for others to consider LIV as well. 

As I shared on our FTx chat, #decimelplacematters 😆

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Over on another site, there were a number of high profile golfers that are now rumored to be jumping ship. Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Collin Morikawa, and Viktor Hovland. If they were true, that would be a huge blow to PGA. I know that Fowler and Wolff aren’t what they used to be but that doesn’t leave a ton of high profile guys left.

If that were true, PGA might be forced to do some dealings with LIV.

I've heard Liv not interested in doing anything with the pga, but alittle early to write off the pga...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...