TESTERS WANTED! ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

I’d like to see the names of all the players who had an agreement. I remember ready it was 15 players in the top 100.  It’s really a lose lose for the tour. If they lose big names and LIV takes off it will be a slow decline and defection of more top players. If it’s even a mild success you may see the younger players who are up and coming jump for the chance at a big payday, which down the road will hurt the tours overall product. Competition is good for the viewers and markets but it hurts the singular product 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

As I’ve mentioned in the past regarding this league, I just don’t expect it to be much fun to watch if players have already signed contracts for guaranteed money. Yeah, they can a WHOLE lot more, but I just don’t see it being knock-down-drag-out, NEEDING to win to keep a card, etc. Meh. I haven’t seen a single name that would make me choose this over the PGA if they were on TV at the same time.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, GaDawg said:

Everyone who plays golf professionally is doing it for the money. I have no doubt that most golfers would like the game to grow so it puts more money in their pocket down the road. It appears that the PGA has denied the players their requested permission to play in the 1st LIV event. Personally, I hope the PGA Tour has legal action taken against them. What would stop them from advising current PGA players/members that they cannot play in any European Tour events in the future? To me it's just a pissing match between Jay Monahan and Greg Norman.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pga-tour-denies-players-permission-221303549.html

The exemption to play on competing events has always been there, the players know this and that it can be denied. In my non lawyer experience legal action would be futile. The league has the ability to determine when and to who they give exceptions to. Whether it’s a pissing match between Norman and the tour or not, they have the authority to deny any request for whatever reason the determine 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 5/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The exemption to play on competing events has always been there, the players know this and that it can be denied. In my non lawyer experience legal action would be futile. The league has the ability to determine when and to who they give exceptions to. Whether it’s a pissing match between Norman and the tour or not, they have the authority to deny any request for whatever reason the determine 

That authority has never been tested in court.  The attorneys that I know including one who teaches contract law at a respected law school and was formerly a contract negotiator between several fortune 500 companies and unions have said that this is a battle that could go either way.  I have a number of high powered attorneys in my congregation two of whom specialize in this type of law. In both of their opinions it's not a slam dunk for either party and it won't be over after the first go round because there are a number of legal avenues for each side to explore.  And that's just with the tours involved.  What happens if a popular player plays in a LIV event is subsequently suspended by the PGA tour but is scheduled to play in a regular tour event that has sold lots of tickets based on that player's appearance?  Say he's a former winner with local ties to the tournament beyond that.  What if the event decides to offer said player a sponsor's exemption?

This whole thing is a bit messy and will take time to sort out.  In the meantime I watch more Euro events live because my afternoon viewing opportunities are extremely limited.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Norman’s comments are not helping win the PR battle.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/weve-all-made-mistakes-greg-normans-gaffe-over-killing-of-saudi-journalist-jamal-khashoggi-p3vv0g88r

Look, we’ve all made mistakes and you just want to learn from those mistakes and how you can correct them going forward.

I don’t look back. I don’t look into the politics of things. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

23 hours ago, KC Golf said:

Norman’s comments are not helping win the PR battle.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/weve-all-made-mistakes-greg-normans-gaffe-over-killing-of-saudi-journalist-jamal-khashoggi-p3vv0g88r

Look, we’ve all made mistakes and you just want to learn from those mistakes and how you can correct them going forward.

I don’t look back. I don’t look into the politics of things. 

The interview actually got worse... Grow the game lol

"The Q&A did indeed move on, to the topic of Saudi Arabia’s treatment of the LGBTQ+ community. “I’m not sure whether I even have any gay friends, to be honest with you,” he said." 

https://www.thewrap.com/greg-norman-ceo-saudi-liv-golf-jamal-khashoggi/

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

On 5/12/2022 at 7:14 AM, revkev said:

That authority has never been tested in court.  The attorneys that I know including one who teaches contract law at a respected law school and was formerly a contract negotiator between several fortune 500 companies and unions have said that this is a battle that could go either way.  I have a number of high powered attorneys in my congregation two of whom specialize in this type of law. In both of their opinions it's not a slam dunk for either party and it won't be over after the first go round because there are a number of legal avenues for each side to explore.  And that's just with the tours involved.  What happens if a popular player plays in a LIV event is subsequently suspended by the PGA tour but is scheduled to play in a regular tour event that has sold lots of tickets based on that player's appearance?  Say he's a former winner with local ties to the tournament beyond that.  What if the event decides to offer said player a sponsor's exemption?

This whole thing is a bit messy and will take time to sort out.  In the meantime I watch more Euro events live because my afternoon viewing opportunities are extremely limited.

Did I mention "billable hours" previously??  🙄

Top Ten Reasons To Change Marketing and Advertising Agencies - Catalyst  Marketing

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I wish they’d quit talking and get rolling - so we can flush out the money grabbers and watch read about the train wreck sooner rather than later. I don’t watch any tournaments aside from PGA and some LPGA. I can add LIV to the list of Champions Tour, Korn Ferry, European and Asian golf that I never watch…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I must be the only one that doesn't care??? A new professional league?... cool! Will it succeed? I guess we'll see. 

Politics aside... I see nothing wrong with another professional tour. If it wasn't Saudi, would it be as big a deal???

On 5/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, TBS said:

Except it's the Saudi government creating and selling a product to help their image (i.e. sport washing) not just another company making a product to compete in the free market (cutting cost any way possible to increase profitability). 

I would just like the players to come out and say they are doing it for the money and not try to act like this group is going to create a better golf product or "grow the game". 

I can't stand when Norman or Phil say that this new league is for the good of the game of golf. So disingenuous and fake righteousness. They are doing it for their own power and money. This new league does nothing to improve the game.

I will watch because it is golf.  Just like I watch the DP World Tour, Ladies European Tour, and LPGA.  And I know everybody hates my oftentimes outlandish examples, but here comes another one.

The United States of America made it to the moon,  mainly because we whisked Nazi Rocket Scientist Verner von Braun out of Germany after WW2.  He was the guy who developed the V2 rocket, whose 2,200 lb. explosive warheads rained down on the Allies during WW2.  So to stay ahead of the Russians after the war, we quickly got over the fact that von Braun was member of the Nazi party, and the SS.

And we all love the U.S. main battle tank the M1 Abrams, watching it destroy Iraqi tanks, during desert storm etc.  I know I did.  Anyone want to guess who makes the smoothbore, 120 mm main cannon on the Abrams.  You guessed it Rheinmettal of West Germany.  The same company who during WW2 made Flak 88's , to shoot at our bombers, various caliber of Anti-tank guns, and the main gun for the German Panther Tank, which destroyed many allied tanks and vehicles(and the soldiers inside of them).

I don't really have a point, other than to say, I'm pretty sure most Americans don't know that our main battle tank is presently armed with a weapon which is produced by a company, that made thousands of weapons for the German Army in WW2, which were used to kill thousands of Allied soldiers during that conflict.

Every country has done horrible things, and does questionable things.  

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

8 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

Every country has done horrible things, and does questionable things.  

Okay. I will bite on this. You have made a statement that is true and not challengeable. HOWEVER, this golf league is literally sponsored, backed, formed and run by a government/royal family for the purposes of improving optics for that country. Compare this to another country with some human rights violations to its name currently, China. China has a pga tour event. It undoubtedly serves some interests of the Chinese government BUT is not solely backed by that government. Everyone can do the "whataboutism" on this but to me this is a straight through line to trying to whitewash Saudi activities. Now, that said, if people want to go over there and grab cash then fine. But do not feed me this b***s*** about "growing the game." Who actually believes that. It is about "growing our wallets" and "improving geopolitical impressions" etc. 

Also, we have to remember that most of the rest of the world is not as concerned with what Saudi Arabia is doing. We feel it more acutely here. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

2 hours ago, vandyland said:

Okay. I will bite on this. You have made a statement that is true and not challengeable. HOWEVER, this golf league is literally sponsored, backed, formed and run by a government/royal family for the purposes of improving optics for that country. Compare this to another country with some human rights violations to its name currently, China. China has a pga tour event. It undoubtedly serves some interests of the Chinese government BUT is not solely backed by that government. Everyone can do the "whataboutism" on this but to me this is a straight through line to trying to whitewash Saudi activities. Now, that said, if people want to go over there and grab cash then fine. But do not feed me this b***s*** about "growing the game." Who actually believes that. It is about "growing our wallets" and "improving geopolitical impressions" etc. 

Also, we have to remember that most of the rest of the world is not as concerned with what Saudi Arabia is doing. We feel it more acutely here. 

I think that is where the biggest issue comes. This from nearly every angle isn't growing the game. It is causing more division then growth. Maybe it is getting more ppl talking about golf, but not likely in the proper light. 

For me growth comes from grass roots and working its way up from there. Yes, the top can influence growth in ways, but true stable growth comes from grass roots. Again my own opinion. 

It's not even as though this will get a huge audience as they weren't able to sell the broadcast rights to anyone big and it will be streamed on YouTube as I've heard.

The Netflix PGA drive to survive type series will certainly do more to "grow the game" then this league which put simply again to me, paying millions more to millionaires just doesn't have the appeal to me. Not saying the regular PGA is something I love to watch, but I do tune on each week to see how things are going (mainly due to our fantasy league).

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, vandyland said:

Really? Who says? How do you know this? What makes "us" so special and sensitive to what Saudi Arabia is doing compared to the rest of the world?

Also.... growing the game is just a bunch of bunk... across the board.

I won't go any further with this because I already went where we aren't supposed to go because my questions will be/are considered politics. MODS... feel free to remove my post and reprimand me if you must. 

I think the "growing the game" is code for "getting a piece of the pie".  The PGA does not have exclusive rights to the worlds business of professional golf.  Whether it be LIV/Shark Tour now or another country/entity attempting to stand-up a competing tour in the future, free market competition is always a possibility.  Whether they can actually compete and take a piece of the pie remains to be seen but, free market businesses will always face competition and no one that can pass a fog the mirror test should be surprised that it is all about the money.

Great points have been made as to the double standard being applied to the Saudi's... plenty of wretched history to go around.  Also, why is golf being singled out and not Formula 1 racing, boxing, soccer, or other sports in which Saudi $$$$ runs deep?

14 hours ago, silver & black said:

Really? Who says? How do you know this? What makes "us" so special and sensitive to what Saudi Arabia is doing compared to the rest of the world?

I lived in London for two years. On my teams I worked with people from 4 different continents (none of them North America). Many people had been to Riyadh, Jeddah, Saleh, etc on vacation . They are not bad people for going there and spending money but it is just more common for them to go there and spend money. It is more normalized for them. Yes, I cannot speak for the rest of the world but Saudi money and investment is more prevalent in the UK and Europe. There is a ton of commercial real estate investment and well as private equity backing that is just a part of, especially but not exclusively, the London Finance scene. But maybe I am just a moron and you can tell me more about it. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

28 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I lived in London for two years. On my teams I worked with people from 4 different continents (none of them North America). Many people had been to Riyadh, Jeddah, Saleh, etc on vacation . They are not bad people for going there and spending money but it is just more common for them to go there and spend money. It is more normalized for them. Yes, I cannot speak for the rest of the world but Saudi money and investment is more prevalent in the UK and Europe. There is a ton of commercial real estate investment and well as private equity backing that is just a part of, especially but not exclusively, the London Finance scene. But maybe I am just a moron and you can tell me more about it. 

Living in Europe I can second this as it is more common here for ppl to go on vacation in Saudi and as said is more normalized in general. Just my observation having been here a couple years and spent a lot of time over the last 6 or so years in Europe. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I think the LIV golf goal for the Saudi group was less focused on disrupting the PGA, and much more focused on disrupting the DP Tour. As has been discussed in every media outlet, rank and file PGA members make a good living. But DP tour payouts are significantly less. I know the American backlash to LIV is substantial. I don't know how the majority of Europe feels about it, but as mentioned above, Saudi is more closely tied to Europe, and having more money available for that group of golfers is probably not a bad thing. The Byron this week had a purse of 9.1 million, the DP tour event this week had a purse of 2m. Basically a 5 - 1 payout.

American sentiment towards Saudi isn't the global sentiment.

Also as mentioned and discussed above, LIV golf does nothing to grow the game... in America. But abroad it probably does. It is showing the middle east, europe and even asia(looking at the location of its stops) that there is another path to golf fame, glory and money other then the PGA tour. Was hiring Greg Norman the best choice of spokes people... yeah, probably not. But does dumping a big chunk of money for sports make them bad? Would it be better if they weren't doing this? I mean, what if the winners of these LIV events followed something that Harry said on the NPG podcast and donated half their winnings back to groups in Saudi that promote human rights and progression? I don't see it happening from everyone, but I bet some of the winners do.

I don't think this really affects golf in America, I think it might actually help grow the game abroad. I would be much more critical of this if it was being put on by North Korea, Iran or Russia. But those are my biases kicking in. Saudi Arabia is definitely shinning a big spotlight on itself, which I think will make it have to make changes faster then it would otherwise. Its much easier to be shady in the shadows.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

26 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Saudi Arabia is definitely shinning a big spotlight on itself, which I think will make it have to make changes faster then it would otherwise.

SA is shining a big spotlight on itself specific things that distract people from other events going on in their country. When asked about Jamal Khashoggi's murder, Greg Norman said "people make mistakes." So, allegedly, killing a journalist and dismembering him with a bonesaw is now a mistake. Please google Saudi Arabia and executions as well. Please google Saudia Arabia and the 9/11 hiijackers nation of origin. Please just google Saudi Arabia in general. 

29 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

But does dumping a big chunk of money for sports make them bad? Would it be better if they weren't doing this?

In my opinion, yes, it would be better if they (the Saudis) were not doing this. If you think the Saudi government is dumping absurd amounts of money into these events because they want to grow the game of golf (like, you seriously think that is their primary objective? Seriously?) then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. 

On 5/18/2022 at 5:15 AM, vandyland said:

SA is shining a big spotlight on itself specific things that distract people from other events going on in their country. When asked about Jamal Khashoggi's murder, Greg Norman said "people make mistakes." So, allegedly, killing a journalist and dismembering him with a bonesaw is now a mistake. Please google Saudi Arabia and executions as well. Please google Saudia Arabia and the 9/11 hiijackers nation of origin. Please just google Saudi Arabia in general. 

In my opinion, yes, it would be better if they (the Saudis) were not doing this. If you think the Saudi government is dumping absurd amounts of money into these events because they want to grow the game of golf (like, you seriously think that is their primary objective? Seriously?) then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. 

Are you speaking from the high moral ground of no mistakes in your history, as an example I learnt about the horrible things that happened to people who wrote left handed. Burnt at the stake, and so much more. At what point do we become better than that, a and I learnt two wrongs don't make it right. A better thing in my view is doing something about the Putin madness, my intent is only to discover a better way not to offend.

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I had not heard about this... you?

Golf legend Jack Nicklaus reveals he shunned $100 million offer from LIV Golf: 'I helped start the PGA Tour' - CBSSports.com

No big surprise Jack passed on the offer, but let's be honest, that's easier to do when that number is on the right side of the decimal place on one's net worth 🙂.  

Other happenings includes Sean Bratches resigning, and Norman and the Saudi's having a spat... all this right before the series is scheduled to begin June 9.  Super Golf League / LIV Tour / Shark Tour, whatever the heck this is or will be called is off to a rocky start. 

Golf 2022: LIV Golf Invitational, PGA Tour, Greg Norman on nose with Saudis, Sean Bratches resigns, Donald Trump (foxsports.com.au)

I still cannot find a source that lists the preliminary playing field or teams for the first event.  I suppose next we'll hear that some Korn Ferry and/or college players are heading over to cash in and Trump will be the new Commissioner 😆

14 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Golf legend Jack Nicklaus reveals he shunned $100 million offer from LIV Golf: 'I helped start the PGA Tour' - CBSSports.com

No big surprise Jack passed on the offer, but let's be honest, that's easier to do when that number is on the right side of the decimal place on one's net worth 🙂.  

Other happenings includes Sean Bratches resigning, and Norman and the Saudi's having a spat... all this right before the series is scheduled to begin June 9.  Super Golf League / LIV Tour / Shark Tour, whatever the heck this is or will be called is off to a rocky start. 

Golf 2022: LIV Golf Invitational, PGA Tour, Greg Norman on nose with Saudis, Sean Bratches resigns, Donald Trump (foxsports.com.au)

I still cannot find a source that lists the preliminary playing field or teams for the first event.  I suppose next we'll hear that some Korn Ferry and/or college players are heading over to cash in and Trump will be the new Commissioner 😆

There is a lot going on with the Jack side of things. I guess he wanted to take the offer, but was told by his company that he couldn't and sued or would have been sued had he taken it along with much more. Still a lot more to come in that space I would imagine. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There is a lot going on with the Jack side of things. I guess he wanted to take the offer, but was told by his company that he couldn't and sued or would have been sued had he taken it along with much more. Still a lot more to come in that space I would imagine. 

Had not heard that either and definitely puts a twist on the subject.  I did just see that Fowler is (was) considering playing in the series.  He is one of many former top end players who have lost their games and are at that point in their careers where the VERY BIG breadcrumbs must look awfully enticing.

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I think Greg will come out of this circus much richer than when he started it, no flies on him but the Saudi organization play dirty pool...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 5/24/2022 at 4:55 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Had not heard that either and definitely puts a twist on the subject.  I did just see that Fowler is (was) considering playing in the series.  He is one of many former top end players who have lost their games and are at that point in their careers where the VERY BIG breadcrumbs must look awfully enticing.

That accusation about Jack is according to Milstein. Jack denies it.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:17 PM, fixyurdivot said:

The venue that LIV booked a party prior to the first event cancelled on LIV.

I've also read one of the U.S. courses named for one of the events has an upset membership that wants to back out. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

1 hour ago, LICC said:

I've also read one of the U.S. courses named for one of the events has an upset membership that wants to back out. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Have you read which course it is?

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

6 minutes ago, LICC said:

Pumpkin Ridge.

Thanks, I did find an article about it.  Its an interesting problem, the course owners have signed a contract, and there could be significant financial repercussions if they choose to back out.  There could also be repercussions if members leave the club in protest.  None of us know the "balance of power" between owners and members there, but its possible that the only leverage that the members have is to quit.  I don't know if that's likely, not understanding the availability of good golf in that area.  Time will tell, but I'll be a little surprised (not astounded, just a little surprised) if the club indeed backs out.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia