Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2022 TaylorMade Tour Response and Soft Response Stripe Balls

TAYLORMADE GOLF COMPANY ANNOUNCES THE ALL-NEW TOUR RESPONSE, TOUR RESPONSE STRIPE AND SOFT RESPONSE GOLF BALLS

CARLSBAD, Calif. (March 18, 2022) - TaylorMade Golf Company, an industry leader in innovation and technology, has been on a constant quest to bring Tour level golf ball technology to the everyday golfer at an affordable price. Whether it’s the 100-percent cast urethane cover in Tour Response™ or the Extended Flight Dimple Pattern in Soft Response, TaylorMade has continuously provided high level innovation in both three-piece golf ball offerings.

Today, TaylorMade brings ultimate Tour Level DNA to Tour Response by integrating the Tour Flight Dimple Pattern seen in TP5/TP5x, as well as the revolutionary new 360° ClearPath Alignment with Tour Response Stripe™. In addition, the company announces the launch of its softest golf ball from cover to core with 2022 Soft Response. 

TOUR RESPONSE - TOUR LEVEL BALL FOR THE NON-TOUR PLAYER

Relying on the continuous commitment to pushing the boundaries of performance, the all-new Tour Flight Dimple Pattern of Tour Response unlocks next-level aerodynamics while promoting maximum carry distance. This tour proven technology, found in TP5 and TP5x, has been added to Tour Response for the first time.  With the addition of the new dimple pattern, Tour Response still retains a soft feel and 100% cast urethane cover.

421688 tm22bal ta505 n7638401 tour%20response wht glb dz 3q v3 75eea9 large 1647535973

Compared to the previous generation of TaylorMade dimple patterns, the new dimple profile/shape creates TaylorMade’s most aerodynamic dimple pattern producing improved carry distance on all types of shots. Tour Response features a unique dual-radius dimple shape that decouples dimple volume from depth to optimize airflow around the golf ball during flight, ultimately reducing drag, optimizing lift and promoting distance. 

421701-TM22BAL_TourResponse_Dimple_Depth

421696-TM22BAL_TourResponse_Tour_Flight_

With the addition of the Tour Flight Dimple pattern, Tour Response technology now exhibits even more technology that is in the TP5/TP5x golf ball players like Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Collin Morikawa and our Team TaylorMade athletes are playing on professional tours around the world.  

TOUR RESPONSE PROVEN TECHNOLOGY REMAINS

For as long as there have been urethane golf balls, Tour players have used them. It’s the industry standard for premium performance in golf balls. Tour Response is engineered to respond to the individual non-tour golfer’s game with a 100% cast urethane cover for significantly added greenside spin and better feel vs. ionomer.

421700 tm22bal tourresponse comparison v3 9d9599 large 1647536000

421704 tm22bal tourresponse hfm speedmantle v3 444ada large 1647536008

crosslinking chemical reaction forms the soft urethane material, which creates an irreversible link for improved shear resistance and greater durability in addition to the soft feel and added greenside spin. 

To measure the effectiveness of a new cover, TaylorMade engineers utilized a combination of material property testing, robot and player performance testing. That research showed that in addition to increased durability, the new cover material is 12% softer and 36% more flexible than the previous material.

The 2022 Tour Response ball also features a low 70-compression design with a Hi-Spring core made for pushing the boundaries of ball speed in a soft feeling golf ball. 

TOUR TECHNOLOGY. EASY ALIGNMENT.

In addition to the all-new Tour Response, TaylorMade introduces its latest innovation in visual alignment technology with Tour Response Stripe. By drawing inspiration from the revolutionary pix™ design with ClearPath Alignment™ technology, TaylorMade engineers brought groundbreaking 360° alignment to Tour Response, making it the easiest golf ball to align TaylorMade has ever created.

This next-gen visible technology of Tour Response Stripe is a 22-millimeter digital band that wraps around the center of the golf ball to help aim putts better, faster and more consistently. Inside the digital band is a thin black line to match with putter sight lines for immediate aid in alignment.

The multi-color design of Stripe not only creates better alignment, but also can’t miss feedback on the quality of the roll of each putt. Proper strikes are easily identifiable as the stripe rolls consistently to the hole, while off-center strikes cause a can’t miss wobble of the digital band.

Lastly, the dual-color design allows you to see your product clearly all over the course.

PRICING & AVAILABILITY

Tour Response and Tour Response Stripe are both available at retail on March 18 with an MSRP of $39.99 USD. Tour Response is available in white and high visibility yellow, with an all-new enriched yellow urethane cover to help prevent chipped paint and provide bright visibility. For more information, visit www.taylormadegolf.com.

421698 tm22bal ta507 n7638601 tour%20response stripe lfs jpo 00921 v3 7cdb23 large 1647536000

SOFT RESPONSE: TAYLORMADE’S SOFTEST BALL FROM COVER TO CORE

With increased softness from cover to core, Soft Response is the softest ball in TaylorMade’s arsenal, designed to give amateur golfers enhanced feel while maintaining ball speeds and distance. Soft Response is designed for moderate swing speed players with a new, softer core and a re-engineered ionomer cover for added greenside spin. 

421686-TM22BAL_SoftResponse_Tech_Compari

421685-TM22BAL_SoftResponse_3pc_vs_2pc_v

The changes produce a softer ball with an overall 50 compression (versus a 60-compression rate in the previous generation). An added SpeedMantle layer in its 3-piece construction creates an efficient energy transfer at impact, resulting in a softer ball that enhances feel and maintains both ball speed and distance.  

A unique Extended Flight Dimple Pattern decreases drag and optimizes lift, allowing the ball to stay in the air longer at lower speeds and lower spin rates. It completes a harmonious design, with all features working in unison to elevate performance for players with slow-to-average swing speeds. 

Soft Response was tested, reviewed, and affirmed at every stage of development by everyday golfers, becoming a golf ball that responds to your game and performs where you need it the most. The 3-layer construction in combination with the SpeedMantle builds resistance against the club face to build energy and create ball speed at this new softer feel.

421691-TM22BAL_TA509_N7640801_Soft%20Res

PRICING & AVAILABILITY

Soft Response is available at retail on March 18 with an MSRP of $29.99 USD in white and high visibility yellow. For more information, visit www.taylormadegolf.com

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I actually like the strip balls ...might have to busy some hmmm

Hmm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Well that's interesting... their attempt to keep up with the Triple Track?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

yeah I had the same thought maybe trying to counter the triple track... 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

There is at least one unintended consequence for playing a ball like this.  I've been playing the Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide for months and I'm the only one in my men's golf league to put those balls in play.  Whenever someone in my league finds one (and so far, none have had my markings) they give it to me because they know I play them.  In the last month, I've probably received about a half dozen or more of my favorite golf balls without paying a cent.  

Sometimes it pays to be a little different! 

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I for one am all in favor of more colorful balls and patterns.  I love the truvis pattern (soccer player at heart), but wish I could get the Chrome Soft X in truvis.  

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

I tried the original version of this ball and wasn't impressed. It really didn't perform as well as what I had been playing (Wilson Professional) and was more money. I could care a less about the stripe but some of the improvements listed in the press release might entice me to give these a second shot. I wonder if they will make it available without the stripe for those who don't care for it. I can't even imagine playing the Srixon Divide...... I think I'd throw up. 

I kinda like the yellow strip & I'd try them. Can't stand the Callaway Triple Track...they look cheap and on the putters, look like crap. Plus the Callaway balls seem to wobble from off-center cores!

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

I just played the stripe for the first time. The ball was performing similar to my Pro v. The stripe is great for putting. Great value as well.

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2

Irons: Titlist T200

Putter: Odyssey center shaft

Even though it says that the 18th is the day of release, I acquired the Tour Response Stripe last week, which in this day where their releases all seem to be late. I expect that these will be on time and maybe early for a change.  My early look at the TR is very positive and responsive. I have found the latest TP5s somewhat disappointing to me. Their problem is that while perfectly struck shots are as good and maybe better than most real tour balls, slight mishits especially with the driver spin excessively and lose more distance than other balls. The TP5 X is a little better than the non X but that doesn't seem to be an issue with the new Tour Response but I admit the testing is early for that ball. 

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  STEALTH Plus 9.0 driver w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6S. 3wd TM SIM (set @ 16*) with Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7S. 5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made) (set @18.5*). HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2"., SIM-2 Max #3* with Ventus HB Velocore 8-S,  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S,  Irons TM P770 4-8i, TM P7MC 9i & PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW Cleveland RTX-4 52/10 bent to-to 53/11* w/Dynamic Gold TOUR Issue S-400, LW- TM Hi-Toe 58 Modified-grind bent to 59* w/Black Dynamic Gold 105 S300, Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball TaylorMade 2021 TP5X.
 Alternates in the 5wd, Hybrids depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.e M.Coz variation.

Picked up the Stripes today.  Will put in play tomorrow.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Don't know when they are available here in Tasmania but I would definitely like to get a box of the "stripes" and give them a try. 

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

I'm a big fan of the Q-Star Tour Divide, so I'd give these a try too....except, at $39.99, there's no point.

I'll stick to Snell, OnCore Elixr and Vice Pro.

If color or pattern isn't a concern, then Wilson Duo Pro or Maxfli Tour is the way to go.

Hey Taylormade, Callaway and Bridgestone, if you want to take over marketshare from Titleist, you need a comparable ball (TP5, Chrome Soft and  Tour B-Series) cheaper than them -or- when you come out with a 2nd tier Urethane ball, like the Tour Response, price it at the same level or lower than the primary competition or you won't get many takers...

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

16 hours ago, John W said:

I wonder if they will make it available without the stripe for those who don't care for it.

yes.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I would love to try these.  I'm not a fan of the increased cost compared to last years model of which I have 5 dozen currently.  I will probably keep buying last years model for the $34.99 that Dicks has them for.  This was a great ball that I hope the updates will improve.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:28 AM, Peejer said:

I'm a big fan of the Q-Star Tour Divide, so I'd give these a try too....except, at $39.99, there's no point.

I'll stick to Snell, OnCore Elixr and Vice Pro.

If color or pattern isn't a concern, then Wilson Duo Pro or Maxfli Tour is the way to go.

Hey Taylormade, Callaway and Bridgestone, if you want to take over marketshare from Titleist, you need a comparable ball (TP5, Chrome Soft and  Tour B-Series) cheaper than them -or- when you come out with a 2nd tier Urethane ball, like the Tour Response, price it at the same level or lower than the primary competition or you won't get many takers...

Peejer is right. Exactly what I was going to say.

I bought 2 dozen of last year's model from golfballs.com when they had a sale on logo overruns for $30 a dozen. That's a deal and a half. I like them, but not at $40 a box. Even at $35 a box I'd rather play the Vice Pro. I like the Vice Pro slightly more than the Tour Response and you can get price breaks on Vice balls for purchases of 3 dozen or more. At 5 dozen the price drops to $28 a dozen.

I'm a bit disappointed in TM for the price hike as I'd like to try out the new stripe tech, but I won't pay anymore. Geez, could you imagine the sales they would get if they priced these sub $35? Imagine if they priced their premium ball just a touch lower than a ProV1?! Heck, I might give the TP5/TP5x a look if they were closer to $40 rather than $50. I always said I wouldn't pay for a premium ball, but if it was priced right...

Peace out, Tour Response. 

I have some of the stripe balls. I am a fan of the pattern. I really like the srixon divides and this kind of reminds of those. The tour response over all is just too soft. They need to bring this design to the TP5 line.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 3/23/2022 at 12:37 AM, Steve-O-hio said:

Heck, I might give the TP5/TP5x a look if they were closer to $40 rather than $50. I always said I wouldn't pay for a premium ball, but if it was priced right...

Peace out, Tour Response. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 3/18/2022 at 9:32 AM, russtopherb said:

The Triple Track feels too busy and hard to focus.. i'm thinking this solid line would be a better visual aid.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Just finished playing 4 consecutive rounds with a sleeve of stripes, including 3 rounds in my Men's Club Championship.  I won't go into how I played... another thread for another time, and any comments along those lines are about my ball striking, not the ball in question.  But the ball didn't let me down at all.  Great Feel, acceptable distance (to my slow swinging expectation on distance results).  Love the feel around the greens and with the putter, and I also really like the stripe design.  While I didn't use it to "line" up putts, I did line up my tee shots.  And on the green I used the perpendicular approach, so the ball rolling correctly produced an end over end look, and a tight circle on the sides.  Basically used the stripe to mimic my putter face and hit is square (so I guess I was lining it up for putting, just not "down the line").  The one and only downside I must mention.... the shade of yellow on the stripe isn't vibrant, and combined with the white on the ball... has an UNCANNY resemblance to the color of grass on my home courses fairways.  I can't tell you how many times I was looking for my ball only to find that if it was a snake it would have bit me.  And I don't use that term lightly since my course is notorious for an occasional water moccasin sighting.  If TM comes out with a more vibrant yellow, or another vibrant color for the stripe... I will buy again... no question.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I'm a Snell fan but gave these a go at the end of the year last year.  Started the new year with the 2022 model that is supposed to be updated dimples and have to say I'm impressed.  They do play differently (better) than the older version.  Price is not bad weighed against Snell on a per dozen box.  Snell way better when you buy the 5 dozen lot.  Waiting to try the wide stripe model.  Might be trying to emulate the triple track but one wide stripe is better for me.  The single thin line or triple track is harder to get exactly aligned.  1 degree of at 10 feet is a miss.  The wider stripe should give a better visual for alignment.

GPS111

I will not go to the TM ball because if you are looking for something less than a pro v1 then go to the Maxfli Tour CG at $104 for 4 dozen.  This price hike did TM no favors in the house hold.

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

13 hours ago, GPS111 said:

I'm a Snell fan but gave these a go at the end of the year last year.  Started the new year with the 2022 model that is supposed to be updated dimples and have to say I'm impressed.  They do play differently (better) than the older version.  Price is not bad weighed against Snell on a per dozen box.  Snell way better when you buy the 5 dozen lot.  Waiting to try the wide stripe model.  Might be trying to emulate the triple track but one wide stripe is better for me.  The single thin line or triple track is harder to get exactly aligned.  1 degree of at 10 feet is a miss.  The wider stripe should give a better visual for alignment.

I big fan of Snell but with their resources issues now, is getting harder to get their balls plus now they increase the prices. 
I got a box from TM directly was not bad for 34.99. free shipping.  The ball performs great, spin on the greens and distance, I agree better than last years model.
The more I line up the stripe the better it felt, how come no one thought of this, it so much easier with the wide strip to make sure you line up, instead of the thin line or that ridiculous triple line

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

On 4/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, ajdegeno said:

I will not go to the TM ball because if you are looking for something less than a pro v1 then go to the Maxfli Tour CG at $104 for 4 dozen.  This price hike did TM no favors in the house hold.

I would argue that the Maxfli Tour is NOT "something less than the ProV1".  I'd actually say, it's something more than the ProV1 having played them both.  However, they are both higher compression than the TM Response, which may be a deciding factor for some.

The graphic shows Tour Response @ $35, but in the article and on-line it's $39.99.

I think at $34.99 they have a very intriguing golf ball that I'd try, at $39.99...I pass.  Before the hater's start, yes - it's only $5 difference.

But $39.99 is logically $40, so when balls are priced there; Snell, OnCore and Vice are better values.

Just my two cents, or $5, in this case!

-- Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png