2022 TaylorMade Tour Response and Soft Response Stripe Balls

Golfspy_CG2

On 3/18/2022 at 9:32 AM, russtopherb said:

Well that's interesting... their attempt to keep up with the Triple Track?

The Triple Track feels too busy and hard to focus.. i'm thinking this solid line would be a better visual aid.

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
3 -Hybrid TourEdge Exotic C721 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: TourEdge Exotic C721 with KBS 80 Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: ER10 Outback Mallet, 34in
Balls: TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:   LX5 Watch

TESTING: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

Just finished playing 4 consecutive rounds with a sleeve of stripes, including 3 rounds in my Men's Club Championship.  I won't go into how I played... another thread for another time, and any comments along those lines are about my ball striking, not the ball in question.  But the ball didn't let me down at all.  Great Feel, acceptable distance (to my slow swinging expectation on distance results).  Love the feel around the greens and with the putter, and I also really like the stripe design.  While I didn't use it to "line" up putts, I did line up my tee shots.  And on the green I used the perpendicular approach, so the ball rolling correctly produced an end over end look, and a tight circle on the sides.  Basically used the stripe to mimic my putter face and hit is square (so I guess I was lining it up for putting, just not "down the line").  The one and only downside I must mention.... the shade of yellow on the stripe isn't vibrant, and combined with the white on the ball... has an UNCANNY resemblance to the color of grass on my home courses fairways.  I can't tell you how many times I was looking for my ball only to find that if it was a snake it would have bit me.  And I don't use that term lightly since my course is notorious for an occasional water moccasin sighting.  If TM comes out with a more vibrant yellow, or another vibrant color for the stripe... I will buy again... no question.  

• Like 4

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

• Titleist TSi3 9* Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour

I'm a Snell fan but gave these a go at the end of the year last year.  Started the new year with the 2022 model that is supposed to be updated dimples and have to say I'm impressed.  They do play differently (better) than the older version.  Price is not bad weighed against Snell on a per dozen box.  Snell way better when you buy the 5 dozen lot.  Waiting to try the wide stripe model.  Might be trying to emulate the triple track but one wide stripe is better for me.  The single thin line or triple track is harder to get exactly aligned.  1 degree of at 10 feet is a miss.  The wider stripe should give a better visual for alignment.

GPS111

I will not go to the TM ball because if you are looking for something less than a pro v1 then go to the Maxfli Tour CG at $104 for 4 dozen.  This price hike did TM no favors in the house hold.

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

13 hours ago, GPS111 said:

I'm a Snell fan but gave these a go at the end of the year last year.  Started the new year with the 2022 model that is supposed to be updated dimples and have to say I'm impressed.  They do play differently (better) than the older version.  Price is not bad weighed against Snell on a per dozen box.  Snell way better when you buy the 5 dozen lot.  Waiting to try the wide stripe model.  Might be trying to emulate the triple track but one wide stripe is better for me.  The single thin line or triple track is harder to get exactly aligned.  1 degree of at 10 feet is a miss.  The wider stripe should give a better visual for alignment.

I big fan of Snell but with their resources issues now, is getting harder to get their balls plus now they increase the prices. 
I got a box from TM directly was not bad for 34.99. free shipping.  The ball performs great, spin on the greens and distance, I agree better than last years model.
The more I line up the stripe the better it felt, how come no one thought of this, it so much easier with the wide strip to make sure you line up, instead of the thin line or that ridiculous triple line

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff

On 4/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, ajdegeno said:

I will not go to the TM ball because if you are looking for something less than a pro v1 then go to the Maxfli Tour CG at $104 for 4 dozen.  This price hike did TM no favors in the house hold.

I would argue that the Maxfli Tour is NOT "something less than the ProV1".  I'd actually say, it's something more than the ProV1 having played them both.  However, they are both higher compression than the TM Response, which may be a deciding factor for some.

• Like 2

The graphic shows Tour Response @ $35, but in the article and on-line it's $39.99.

I think at $34.99 they have a very intriguing golf ball that I'd try, at $39.99...I pass.  Before the hater's start, yes - it's only $5 difference.

But $39.99 is logically $40, so when balls are priced there; Snell, OnCore and Vice are better values.

Just my two cents, or $5, in this case!

-- Peejer

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Max Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: M6 irons (4-GW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:Snell: "MTB-X" Golf Ball / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

On 3/18/2022 at 1:20 PM, Golf2Much said:

There is at least one unintended consequence for playing a ball like this.  I've been playing the Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide for months and I'm the only one in my men's golf league to put those balls in play.  Whenever someone in my league finds one (and so far, none have had my markings) they give it to me because they know I play them.  In the last month, I've probably received about a half dozen or more of my favorite golf balls without paying a cent.  

Sometimes it pays to be a little different! 

I've been playing the Srixon Divide as well. The same thing happens to me. 

• Like 3

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

I can see this big yellow stripe being easy to line up when putting and also great for feedback on your roll.  Butttttttttt, IDK how much I'd like it for anything else.  I applaud them for trying something unique, and they really have been adventurous with the markings they put on their golf balls lately.  Go big or go home I guess.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 4/6/2022 at 8:07 PM, Peejer said:

The graphic shows Tour Response @ $35, but in the article and on-line it's $39.99.

I think at $34.99 they have a very intriguing golf ball that I'd try, at $39.99...I pass.  Before the hater's start, yes - it's only $5 difference.

But $39.99 is logically $40, so when balls are priced there; Snell, OnCore and Vice are better values.

Just my two cents, or $5, in this case!

-- Peejer

The prior version ball is $ 35, but they raised the price for the new (2022) ball to $ 39.99.

I'm testing it right now and it just might be a very good ball when you compare the quality of the build compared to other tour balls.  I've seen some reviews where it compares very favorably to more expensive tour balls.  So if you're ready to play a $ 50 tour ball, you may be able to save yourself some money on the TR.  

I do agree that the Snell, OnCore, and Vice balls are better values; however, if you look at the compression for these, you might end up selecting the TR since it is a softer feeling ball.  Vice Pro Soft might be a good comparison, but again, the Vice Pro Soft is more of an AVX competitor instead of the TR.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 8:09 PM, GolfSpy_CS said:

I can see this big yellow stripe being easy to line up when putting and also great for feedback on your roll.  Butttttttttt, IDK how much I'd like it for anything else.  I applaud them for trying something unique, and they really have been adventurous with the markings they put on their golf balls lately.  Go big or go home I guess.

I have been using the stripe ball for past few rounds, so much easier to line up and see the ball as it breaks or goes straight. Its longer and spins more than previous versions. 
I suspect other brands will copy this model soon.

• Like 2

Can anyone comment on the durability of the cover?  I bought a dozen of the previous generation in yellow and the yellow paint chipped off in a number of spots.

• Like 1

14 of the following:

Ping G425 Max

Callaway Epic Max 5 wood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

PXG 0311P Gen. 3  6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

4 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Can anyone comment on the durability of the cover?  I bought a dozen of the previous generation in yellow and the yellow paint chipped off in a number of spots.

Durable cover, I played with the same ball for 2 rounds.. other than the color fading on the stripe a little bit. Last year model the cover would get eaten up by the wedges by the end of the round.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought a dozen of these balls last weekend and went and played 18 with them

I play the Snell Black normally and I have been testing out several new golf balls lately in case Snell gets nuked by TM

I normally would practice a few times with my ball the Snell and a new ball to get an idea on how it performs compared to my gamer.

But I bought them on a Friday and played them on Saturday morning in my normal playing group

Driver:

I found myself in the same areas as I would normally be if I was hitting my Snell at least nothing noticeably different in distance

Same with my irons

This ball flies high, noticeably higher

I played the BridgeStone for a while and I thought that ball flew high but this one topped that.

The TR held the greens just like the Snell Black

The greens right now are super hard, as we have had very little rain in the south

Nothing backed up, but it stopped on the greens just like the Snell does

The main difference besides the height, is the feel off of the putter

The TR is very mushy and I am not use to that at all.

I liked the line on the ball but I am also a big fan of the TRUVIS, I just don't like the Chrome soft

Overall this ball is a winner for me

I am really digging the line and the ball held up nicely over the course of the round

Will it replace the Snell Black?

If it was the same price as the Snell Black, yes

My top 3 right now:

1. Snell Black

2. TM Tour Response

3. Wilson Triad

PS

I play to a 9 HCP

Driver swing speed

96-99

As with anything your results may vary

Good luck

• Like 4

Driver: Cobra Fly Z 10.5

5 wood: PING G400

Hybrid: PING G400 22*

Irons: PING G 400 5-UW

Wedges: Calaway CB 54*/ Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 58*

Putter: PXG Spitfire 34'

Ball: Snell- Black

On 3/18/2022 at 11:57 PM, Mick Close said:

Don't know when they are available here in Tasmania but I would definitely like to get a box of the "stripes" and give them a try. 

Hey Mick, when we were in Tassie last time we played Barnboogle and Lost Farm - both are great courses. Daughter lives in Sandford. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who has played the 2020 version noticed any significant difference in the new 2022 version?

I have a couple of dozen of the new version but I am trying to go through my 2020 balls before i jump into them.

1 hour ago, Rhinosparky said:

Has anyone who has played the 2020 version noticed any significant difference in the new 2022 version?

I have a couple of dozen of the new version but I am trying to go through my 2020 balls before i jump into them.

I played the 2020 version, and compare to this new version, its a bit longer than previous version with better spin around the greens from previous version.
I just order 2 new Dozens after testing the new verison.

• Like 2