New Feature: ChatBox

With many of the new things being released often some can be hidden or lost in the news. So here is a brief introduction to our new (returned, but more in depth) ChatBox feature. 

What is it?
Chatbox you will find both in the lower right hand corner of the screen as seen below - OR in its own section on the above

Screenshot 2022-03-21 15.06.01.png

Chatbox has two functions: One is a PM system that is more along the lines of an instant messenger. This can be great for B&S, meetups and just general discussion between members. For me personally it is a function I use a fair bit and hope we see being used a bit more for some of those uses as it is easier to go back and forth than the current PM/Email system. Also in the future we will create groups for testing which again testers can more easily message back and forth. 

Screenshot 2022-03-21 15.02.50.png

The second function are the rooms: These will be edited and likely change over time. Depending on the OEM room usage we may remove them and create a simpler Driver/Irons/Wedges/Putters... however that is still a TBD. 

The other rooms we hope see some more activity on and will create "Event Rooms" for majors, Most wanted testing and even AMA where during select times we will promote guests and others who will be available and in the rooms to answer questions, discuss various topics and again have more instant back and forth discussion. 

The other room we will likely change and adapt are find a game and break it down into more defined areas for members in those areas (and others of course) to talk and hopefully find games with other spys. 

Screenshot 2022-03-21 15.02.33.png

In the future we are hoping to have MGS Blog staff hop on and take part in discussion following most wanted releases as well as potentially Zoom calls which are open for our membership to hop onto and talk about the various results of MGS most wanted testing. 

Who can see and view this?
For the time being anyone who is a member can see and access the chatrooms (minus beta testing as you see in the screenshot, that was only for the beta testers). Guests do not have access to this to avoid trolling and unwanted messages flooding the various rooms. 

Notifications?
For one to one messages you will see or notice a little red notification that there is someone who has messaged you. Unfortunately for "rooms" this feature is not available, however we are able to see who and how many are in each room at a given time. In the future we are hoping to have a unread dot to show which room you may have unread content to catch up on. 

With that I will provide more updates as they come here and in the mean time hop in and join some of the discussion!

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Love the chat feature. I did not sign a release form though for my PM to be featured on this thread! JK

Looking forward to the room discussions taking off and hopefully resulting in a lot of meet ups around the country. For those outside the United States "world meetups"

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Love the chat feature. I did not sign a release form though for my PM to be featured on this thread! JK

Looking forward to the room discussions taking off and hopefully resulting in a lot of meet ups around the country. For those outside the United States "world meetups"

I've said it before, but always open to meeting up with new spies here in Europe if anyone makes the trip over. I'm pretty centrally located and am 5 hours to Paris, Milan, Frankfurt by car and well flying is easy!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Thanks Jamie, I think this will be a feature many will enjoy.  Particularly for some quick comments side conversations!  It feels much more intuitive to me than doing through the DM system to send messages.  But that may because I've been using Microsoft Teams as work since COVID started as my main means of communication!

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope