Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree

ole gray

I play my Halo Launcher XL irons 2* strong. After having a lot of fun hitting the 5-DW, I took things what looks to be a step too far by ordering a 4 iron at 18*. When I catch it, I get low screamers that run out to about 175 or so, but in that spot in my bag I’m looking for something with more reliable carry and an easy high launch. So today I ordered a Cleveland 4 hybrid. 🤷‍♂️

The 4 iron is going to be put out to pasture when it arrives. I went with the same Cypher shaft in my irons instead of the stock shaft they offer. It just didn’t make sense to go from 40g in the Hy-wood to over 60g in a 4H, then back down to 59g in my irons.
This is me taking a leap of faith with Cleveland, and how well this current series they have is working for me. I’ve never hit a Cleveland hybrid, and to be honest, I’ve never seen one in anyone else’s bag either. 

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I play my Halo Launcher XL irons 2* strong. After having a lot of fun hitting the 5-DW, I took things what looks to be a step too far by ordering a 4 iron at 18*. When I catch it, I get low screamers that run out to about 175 or so, but in that spot in my bag I’m looking for something with more reliable carry and an easy high launch. So today I ordered a Cleveland 4 hybrid. 🤷‍♂️

The 4 iron is going to be put out to pasture when it arrives. I went with the same Cypher shaft in my irons instead of the stock shaft they offer. It just didn’t make sense to go from 40g in the Hy-wood to over 60g in a 4H, then back down to 59g in my irons.
This is me taking a leap of faith with Cleveland, and how well this current series they have is working for me. I’ve never hit a Cleveland hybrid, and to be honest, I’ve never seen one in anyone else’s bag either. 

Looking forward to your take on the 4 hybrid!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

22 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Also curious to see how this fits your game. 

On a separate note, anyone in this thread surprised with how "low" the Hy-Wood placed in the Most Wanted Hybrid testing?  Everyone's experience so far has been so exceptional, just wondering what your (plural) thoughts are on that.  Has anyone tested any of the hybrids that finished higher on the list?  

Love the idea of the Hy-wood, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

31 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

On a separate note, anyone in this thread surprised with how "low" the Hy-Wood placed in the Most Wanted Hybrid testing?  Everyone's experience so far has been so exceptional, just wondering what your (plural) thoughts are on that.  Has anyone tested any of the hybrids that finished higher on the list?  

I bought the Rogue St 3&4 hybrids when they came out. They were very good, and I would’ve been fine if I kept them in my bag. In fact a part of me wishes I had done so. I’m doing way too much tinkering, and it’s not really helping all that much. It seems that there’s a trade off with every change I make. I gain something, but lose something else.

Had I kept the ST’s I’d be getting better distance, but when I sold my PXGs and went to the halos I decided to go all in on forgiveness, because those irons have been such a godsend in that regard. The Hy-wood is a higher launching club than the Callaway but I’m not 100% comfortable with it’s longer shaft. Until I am I’d be lying if I said it’s more forgiving.

I’m hoping the standard Halo 4H is that mix of forgiveness and launch I’m looking for, with acceptable distance. If it is, that might open another can of worms though, as I’ll look to compare the Hy-wood to the Halo 3H. 🙄 It never ends….

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

3 hours ago, Samsonite said:

I don't know buddy .   I just go on what works best for me and the Hy-wood is money 💣😍

Cleveland

This one is definitely "on my radar"!

Also have been struggling hitting FWs reliably and also have picked up a lower-lofted hybrid for the upper part of the bag. Work in progress.... 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 10 months later...

Cleveland usually launches this line in late summer early fall, so if they were going to come out with a 2+, we might theoretically know in a few months.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 7/22/2022 at 8:02 AM, cksurfdude said:

This one is definitely "on my radar"!

Forgot to come back and update this thread - have one in the bag now, and am really happy with it!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Forgot to come back and update this thread - have one in the bag now, and am really happy with it!!!

It's a missile launcher for sure! 💣

Cleveland

I recently acquired a Cleveland Xli 24loft 4 hybrid. I have hit in 3 rounds now and love the thing. The ball jumps off the head of the club like it was shot out of a cannon. Best part was it was free...donation to a the PGA HOPE program, which I recently attended, by some local club members. 

Jason

On 6/16/2023 at 8:45 AM, Jmferritto30 said:

I recently acquired a Cleveland Xli 24loft 4 hybrid. I have hit in 3 rounds now and love the thing. The ball jumps off the head of the club like it was shot out of a cannon. Best part was it was free...donation to a the PGA HOPE program, which I recently attended, by some local club members. 

If you liked the XLi, you would like the HB3 even better. But, they are hard to find.

On 6/14/2023 at 12:02 AM, Cornwall UK said:

My HyWood 3+ is my 100% go to club. Question is are Cleveland going to bring out a 2+? I could leave the driver out of my bag if they did. 

Cleveland will be releasing a new/updated iron and woods line in January. 

Even though the Hy-wood is a 3+ it is really a combination of a 5w and 2Hy. Considering it's a club targeted towards amateur golfers, the logical addition to the line would be a 7w/heavenwood type. A heavenly hy-wood would be welcomed for all the players that dont use FWs.

Callaway is releasing it's super hybrid replacement in September If you want a something in the 2Hy range.

Edited by RoyN

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hywood family! I pulled the trigger on this today and am normally an xstiff iron player but that wasn’t an option so I had to go with stiff flex. I was wondering Has anyone changed the shaft to a stiffer profile and what they would recommend or if they felt the stiff still held up ok?

thanks for the help!

18 hours ago, PJ0146 said:

Hi Hywood family! I pulled the trigger on this today and am normally an xstiff iron player but that wasn’t an option so I had to go with stiff flex. I was wondering Has anyone changed the shaft to a stiffer profile and what they would recommend or if they felt the stiff still held up ok?

thanks for the help!

I didn't change shafts and it felt plenty stiff enough with the stock regular.  I'm 72 years old so that has to be considered. 

Cleveland

18 hours ago, PJ0146 said:

thanks for the help!

Try it with what it comes with and see how it works out for you. I'm in R flex and I find the shaft to be a bit stiffer than advertised, but very controllable. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game