TESTERS WANTED! ×

Regional Mid Atlantic Outing-Open To Everyone Regardless of Location.

MGS Regional Outing-Options Stay and Play 2 Days/2Nights or Play One Day No Stay  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the Option Below that Best Fits Your High Level Of Interest

• Two Day Stay and Play Aug 5-7
    • Play Only Aug 6 No Stay
    • Play Only Aug 7 No Stay
    • Play Both Days Aug 6-7 No Stay

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Nice. That’s about as solid commitment as you can get. Wife Approved!! 

Yep, now I need to find out what it is going to cost me.  😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

24 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yep, now I need to find out what it is going to cost me.  😂

Just give me your CC. I’ll let you know the amount at the end 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

If we weren’t having a baby in July, I’d be all in for this.. unfortunately with the unknowns (and medical bills) of having a baby I don’t think I’ll be able to make this one ☹️

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

On 3/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Hi Everyone..there has been ongoing talk for years about a National MGS Outing.   While that is still something that is on Adam's radar and mine, I thought I'd try and start with a Regional Outing of sorts, to at least get the ball rolling then maybe it can morph into a larger one.

I've done a lot of research over the past couple months and have a place targeted and have availaiblity and pricng from them.   What I would like to hear from everyone is while not a 100% commitment at this point, but a true definite likely hood that you would make it.   Right now we only hae two dates as options for a variety of reasons.   So it would definitely be one of these two dates.   I'm including a poll for you to vote for the date that is most likely fo ryou, if you would be willing to come for either date, you can vote for both. 

Bassic details, more info will come if I decide the interest is enough and genuine.

Location Queenstown Harbor Golf Course-20 minutes East of Annapolis MD on the Eastern Shore of MD.   About 45 minutes to 1 Hour drive from BWI airport. 

Queenstown Harbor Golf Course

Dates:   Aug 5-7 

Sept 16-18

There will be two days of golf Saturday and Sunday.   You can choose to play both days or either day.  Two different courses, River and Lakes.  The River Course is annually rated as one of the top 5 or 10 public courses in the state of Maryland. 

Accoodations aviable to the first 20 players will be large house on the property adjancent to the 2nd tee and a waterview. Perfect spot for the group to hang out each day and hve fun. 

Wye cottage has 8 beds and 3 full baths (see  This Link for detail) 

Cheser Cottage has 12 beds and 5 baths (see This Link for details )

Arrive sometime Friday-time on your own to relax or play a practice round if you'd like.   We could possibly arrange a group dinner Friday night 

Saturday-18 holes on River Course tee time starts around 9:00 to 10:00  (possible OEM demo available afterward)  Saturday night hang out

Sunday-18 holes on Lakes Course tee time starts around 9:00-considering some may have afternoon flights or long drives home.

The cost isn't 100% now, it will ultiately depend on how many stay overnight.   We would need a minium of 8 to 10 guys to commit to a Friday/Saturday night stay.  Those that don't stay overnight and only want to play one day can be accomodated as well, assuming we don't sell out the 24 spots two day overnighters.  If that does happen early enough, I can always try to add more tee times on each day.

So costs would be approxiametly 

2 nights lodging  between $460 to $600 for both nights. 

Golf would be $120 for the River Course and $80 for the Lakes Course

So just to put it togetgher if you are staying in the cottage for 2 nights and playing golf both days-Your package price would be between $660 and $800 all in, with 50% deposit due once the event is final in the next 14 days or so.   

I also hope to be able to provide some swag, and would love to get someone from HQ  Adam or Harry to join in.  

So for now please select an option above, again if you really think you can make it.  It's important fo rme to give them a firm count and a deposit willl be due. 

I do welcome any thoughts and comments inthe thread here---except for suggesions on alternate dates or location 🙂

QT Harbor 2.jpg

When I was one of two site modirtors for www.GolfGearReview.com about 17 years ago. I set up an invite only golf event here in the Denve area where I live. I made arrangements to play golf every day for a week at different local golf courses and left it up to those that came in from out of town to find a place to stay. I provided a short list of hotels in the area for them to pick from, but other than that they were on their own for housing. We had 5 members of the site show up and play for the week. NOT all came for the full week but a few did. We started off playing an easy wide open course and finished up on Saturday at pretty demanind course up in the foothills to conclude the week. Since I set up the course times and had room for one guest, I put up one member at my home for the week. Everything worked out pretty well and everyone had a good time playing golf and meeting new friends for the week. We did it again the next year again in the Denver area. Green fees ranged from $20 to $$35 per round and hotels were less than $100 a nite, sot the total cost for the week was not that high.  Adding in air fair from DIA both ways and cost of shipping a bag of clubs back and forth, I think I skip it this year. NOT in my budget this year for sure. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

Pretty sure I can make the August dates.  Already have a commitment for September.  I haven't played Queenstown in a few years and would love to go back!

Driver:  Callaway Epic Flash, Fujikura Pro 2.0 stiff

3 wood:  Callaway Epic Flash

7 wood: Titelist TSi2, Kurocage 55 reg

Irons:  5 iron -PW PXG 0211, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff

50 degree wedges:  Callaway JAWS Chrome

56 & 60 degree wedge:  Callaway JAWS Gray, Full Face

Putter:  TaylorMade 

•  

13 minutes ago, IONEPUTT said:

When I was one of two site modirtors for www.GolfGearReview.com about 17 years ago. I set up an invite only golf event here in the Denve area where I live. I made arrangements to play golf every day for a week at different local golf courses and left it up to those that came in from out of town to find a place to stay. I provided a short list of hotels in the area for them to pick from, but other than that they were on their own for housing. We had 5 members of the site show up and play for the week. NOT all came for the full week but a few did. We started off playing an easy wide open course and finished up on Saturday at pretty demanind course up in the foothills to conclude the week. Since I set up the course times and had room for one guest, I put up one member at my home for the week. Everything worked out pretty well and everyone had a good time playing golf and meeting new friends for the week. We did it again the next year again in the Denver area. Green fees ranged from $20 to $$35 per round and hotels were less than $100 a nite, sot the total cost for the week was not that high.  Adding in air fair from DIA both ways and cost of shipping a bag of clubs back and forth, I think I skip it this year. NOT in my budget this year for sure. 

Yep, I have planeed group outings for more years than I can remember.   Matter of fact the first piece of advice I ever got from a friend who had been doing it for a while was funny,but turned out spot on.  He said, "If you ever find yourself having more freinds than you need.  Plan a golf trip for 24 guys, you'll find yourself with about 12 to 16 fewer freinds by the time the whole thing is done 🙂    Pretty spot on. 

For this one, I am doing everything possible in negotiating the rate to try and get it feesable for as many to stay on site in the cottages as possible.  For a gorup like this who have known each other for probably more than 5 to 10 years in most cases, but for the most part has never met in person or palyed together, it makes for a great atmopshere and good time to hang out, vesus everyone heading off to a different hotel afterward. 

@Golfspy_CG2 if the on site accommodation fills up so you have any recommendations for off site hotels close by? I see a few in the area but always defer to local authorities!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Just give me your CC. I’ll let you know the amount at the end 😬

I wasn't referring to what the golf trip would cost,  but what my wife will be spending. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I wasn't referring to what the golf trip would cost,  but what my wife will be spending. 

Easy fix, you just spend more too!

In the end can’t take it with ya right?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

@Golfspy_CG2 if the on site accommodation fills up so you have any recommendations for off site hotels close by? I see a few in the area but always defer to local authorities!

Yeah, and that is one of the querstions I have into the course now, there are a couple very small new bungalows that are opening this spring, about 150 yards or so from the cottages.  So I'm asking about one or two of those.   

But as for hotels off site, there is a nice Hilton Garden Inn about 10 minutes away and I also heard a friend say another newer hotel just opened in the area too.  I'll get info on it as well.   But hopefully everyone would be most interested in staying in the cottage.

I know it's "shared" rooms and all...but everyone would have their OWN bed, so there is no John Candy/Steve Martin incidents...ha   

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Oh yeah, that could make the golf part look like the petty cash fund...ha

50 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

n the end can’t take it with ya right?

You can't take it with you but  you need enough to get you to that point.  

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, and that is one of the querstions I have into the course now, there are a couple very small new bungalows that are opening this spring, about 150 yards or so from the cottages.  So I'm asking about one or two of those.   

But as for hotels off site, there is a nice Hilton Garden Inn about 10 minutes away and I also heard a friend say another newer hotel just opened in the area too.  I'll get info on it as well.   But hopefully everyone would be most interested in staying in the cottage.

I know it's "shared" rooms and all...but everyone would have their OWN bed, so there is no John Candy/Steve Martin incidents...ha   

Oh no 100% prefer staying on site but just in case. Chatting with the wife about it tonight since we are not able to do our annual boys trip this year in June! Bargaining power ✅

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Ok, update.   

Looks like it's going to be the Aug 5/7 weekend.   So I've sent here some preliminary numbers based on this thread. 

So now we are down to the commitment parts.  So I asked her what and when she needs to lock it in.   I will pass that on as soon as I get it, but be prepared for a depsoit to be needed probably within the next week.   

Hopefully everyone that inidcted they should be able to make it will.   

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Oh no 100% prefer staying on site but just in case. Chatting with the wife about it tonight since we are not able to do our annual boys trip this year in June! Bargaining power ✅

I know Bryan said he can't make it.  What about that other New Englander guy up there.   You know the guy that sometimes write articles about old companies on the Blog 🙂    Hey @GolfSpy Barbajo I know you're headed to the Home of Golf...AGAIN!! in May, but what about a short trip down the coast in August!! 

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know Bryan said he can't make it.  What about that other New Englander guy up there.   You know the guy that sometimes write articles about old companies on the Blog 🙂    Hey @GolfSpy Barbajo I know you're headed to the Home of Golf...AGAIN!! in May, but what about a short trip down the coast in August!! 

Ah darn august! Next time!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

Ah darn august! Next time!

Oh man, sorry about that, I hadn't remember who had picked each date, I was strictly going by availaiblity from the course on the condos and one other thing that might factor in.

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Oh man, sorry about that, I hadn't remember who had picked each date, I was strictly going by availaiblity from the course on the condos and one other thing that might factor in.

No harm no foul! Can’t accommodate everyone all good! Will be there in spirit!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

No harm no foul! Can’t accommodate everyone all good! Will be there in spirit!

True, see my quote above from my friend about planning golf trips ..ha 

Ah man, just seeing this. Baby due first week of August or I’d make the trip up. Hopefully y’all get a good number to show up! Love we are trying to get a bigger group together.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Noooooo Body wants to hear me snore & rattle the walls!  You will regret it & probably try to smother me in my sleep.  🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

36 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Noooooo Body wants to hear me snore & rattle the walls!  You will regret it & probably try to smother me in my sleep.  🤣

You’re truck is big enough. You can sleep there.  But of course pay full rate for the toilet and showers! 

In!  Voted Aug 5-7.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

GREAT choice. I signed up for both stay and play dates. Would be a great time with other MGS nuts... Hoping this comes to fruition.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* - LA Golf Trono 75X

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 15* - Graphite Design TP7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* - Graphite Design TP7S

7 wood: Titleist TSi2 21* - Graphite Design TP8S

Irons: Miura KM700 (5-P) - DG Tour Issue X110

Wedges: Miura Milled Tour 50/56/60 - DG Tour Issue S400 

Putter: LAB Golf Link1 w/ TPT shaft

Ball: ProV1

In for Aug. My club has our "senior" club  championship over the Sept dates <I bet more than a few might have same Sept conflict>. Since I'm a snorer I'd lean toward a solo room/hotel out of courtesy. Can I book the stl-dc flight now? 

<just moved from DC metro so it'd be fun to go back and see old gang on shoulder of trip> 

14 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok, update.   

Looks like it's going to be the Aug 5/7 weekend.   So I've sent here some preliminary numbers based on this thread. 

So now we are down to the commitment parts.  So I asked her what and when she needs to lock it in.   I will pass that on as soon as I get it, but be prepared for a depsoit to be needed probably within the next week.   

Hopefully everyone that inidcted they should be able to make it will.   

Awesome....  I will put it on the calendar and watch for the deposit info.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

14 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

August 5-7 you say? Hmmmmmm.....depends on many things, but would love to make it. Depends on schedule and SWMBO.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo