Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Regional Mid Atlantic Outing-Open To Everyone Regardless of Location.

MGS Regional Outing-Options Stay and Play 2 Days/2Nights or Play One Day No Stay  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the Option Below that Best Fits Your High Level Of Interest

• Two Day Stay and Play Aug 5-7
    • Play Only Aug 6 No Stay
    • Play Only Aug 7 No Stay
    • Play Both Days Aug 6-7 No Stay

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You’re truck is big enough. You can sleep there.  But of course pay full rate for the toilet and showers! 

I'll be sure to light my paper bag on fire & leave it in front of your door.  😂

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Holy Cow...What a response the last 12 hours!  I should step away from the computer more often!   Love it!  This could be a really great time.

Ok as I will do throughout the process, I'll update you on where we are what due dates etc are needed to be met. 

Ok first, order of business.   

I have reserved the largest cottage there, It's the Chester Cottage, you can read more details and see a 360 video review by clicking this link. Chester Cottage Details   It is the only cottage left on that day, I asked about getting one of the others in case we exceed the 12-20 players wanting to stay overnight. 

Here is the actual info she sent me on size/pricing, just so everyone knows, I'm being above board on the price.  I'm not out to make any money on this, just hope not to lose a bunch 🙂

August 5-7

Chester Cottage – 4 bedrooms & a loft / 5 full bathrooms – 8 queen beds (2 per bedroom) and 4 twins (in the loft) – Largest of the 3 Cottages, sleeps 12-20.

$1,528.52 per night including tax / we do have 2 night minimums when it comes to our in season weekends so the total for the weekend would be $3,057.04 – if you put 12 guys in there is comes to $254.75 pp. 

Be sure and note that 4 of the beds are twins, and are all located in the large loft on the 2nd floor, with a full bath up there.   I just want to be sure everyone is aware of the layout and the beds.   The others are 4 bedrooms that have 2 queen size, each with a full bath.    As for determining bed dibs, I'm open to all suggestions.  My gut is just to go with the ones who get their deposits in first, get first choice of bedroom/bed.   

I really suggest watching the 360 video tour, it's a really cool cottage over 3,000 sq feet.  A fire pit outside and a propane grill where we can do our own cookout etc.   Sits about 40 yards from the tee box of a par 3 right on the water, so we can harass (I mean watch other players come through late in the day, or even the early morning tee times before we go out) 

I will be getting the contract today and signing and sending the deposit.  As of now, I'll accept deposits via paypal,  (Friends & Family highly preferred to avoid any fees) I hope I have enough equity with you guys to trust me 🙂

Once I get those details, I'll pass them on.  

Ok, let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.  Just over 4 months away and counting!!  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Oh one other thing to mention. 

When I saw only 12 signed up yesterday, I asked her for a block of 24 tee times to accommodate any others that sing up or those that didn't want to stay but wanted to play.

So I have that, but now seeing 33 stay/play in addition to play only, I'll ask her if we can get more times, or if it gest near 50 or 60, maybe they could do a modified shot gun.   If that's the case there would be a deposit needed for golf as well.   AS of now the golf green fees aren't due until 7 days before the event.

So to try and accommodate any locals who aren't staying, everyone that is a stay and play and definite, please get your confirmation and deposit to me as soon as you can after i provide the details. 

Thanks!

Guys, I can tell you Queenstown is a great course, I live about 45 min away.  I can also recommend restaurants if needed (many are at Kent Narrows on the water).  I have never stayed in the cottages, however they look really nice and offer sweet patios with firepits for a few nightly drinks overlooking the water. 

If you are not looking to stay in one of the cottages, there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Best Western located in Kent Narrows about 10 minutes away that you can book.    Let me know if I can be of any help and hope to see you all there!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

9 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Guys, I can tell you Queenstown is a great course, I live about 45 min away.  I can also recommend restaurants if needed (many are at Kent Narrows on the water).  I have never stayed in the cottages, however they look really nice and offer sweet patios with firepits for a few nightly drinks overlooking the water. 

If you are not looking to stay in one of the cottages, there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Best Western located in Kent Narrows about 10 minutes away that you can book.    Let me know if I can be of any help and hope to see you all there!

Thanks BP!  I had forgotten about the Holiday Inn Express, I know the Best Western is a bit older, but probably has been renovated.  I have heard some good things about some of the restaurants in Kent Narrows.   The actual golf course only has a small grill type place for burgers and sandwiches.   But they do offer catering to the cottages, which is something we can discuss once we have the final group and counts all set.   That can be done later if there is any interest. 

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks BP!  I had forgotten about the Holiday Inn Express, I know the Best Western is a bit older, but probably has been renovated.  I have heard some good things about some of the restaurants in Kent Narrows.   The actual golf course only has a small grill type place for burgers and sandwiches.   But they do offer catering to the cottages, which is something we can discuss once we have the final group and counts all set.   That can be done later if there is any interest. 

Rob, do you have Venmo…will that be an option to send the deposit to you? 
I can make PayPal work if necessary, just asking…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Rob, do you have Venmo…will that be an option to send the deposit to you? 
I can make PayPal work if necessary, just asking…

I don't have venmo, but I'll look at setting it up.  I've been thinking about it, as I know it seems a lot of people are using it now vs PP.

For those that have used both, any advantages to Venmo.   I'll probably have both, so that people can use either one.

Thanks!

Hey Guys...Thanks to the eagle eyes of @cnosil he caught an error I made in the first post on pricing.  But it's a GOOD error.  When I was listing the prices for the cottages, I gave the total as per night not the total of both nights.   So the post above where I mention $254 per person based on 12 in the cottage is correct.   So I corrected the total in that post as well with golf,  we're looking at right around $454 total for golf and lodging, give or take a few pennies. 

Sorry for any confusion.  

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don't have venmo, but I'll look at setting it up.  I've been thinking about it, as I know it seems a lot of people are using it now vs PP.

For those that have used both, any advantages to Venmo.   I'll probably have both, so that people can use either one.

Thanks!

So Rob, the one nice thing about Venmo is that it does avoid fees at times, if you don't automatically dump the funds into your account. If you go with the rapid transport from them it takes 1.5% up to 15 dollars I believe. Basically you aren't paying the Bezos tax. I have both and am fine with either, but that I think it's the biggest difference between them

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

16 hours ago, Jwc5149 said:

GREAT choice. I signed up for both stay and play dates. Would be a great time with other MGS nuts... Hoping this comes to fruition.

Oh it's fruition baby!!  Well will be as soon as I get the contract from the course, I'll be turning it right back around to them! 

15 hours ago, Keith J Garvin said:

In for Aug. My club has our "senior" club  championship over the Sept dates <I bet more than a few might have same Sept conflict>. Since I'm a snorer I'd lean toward a solo room/hotel out of courtesy. Can I book the stl-dc flight now? 

<just moved from DC metro so it'd be fun to go back and see old gang on shoulder of trip> 

Yes, it's a definite, so feel free to book away.  Notice the decription of the cottage, no single rooms, but I'm sure there will be a few snoreres.  Ear Plgus for the win!!   

Also FYI, BWI is clsoer than DCA or IAD.  If you have any other questions on that, I'm happy to help. 

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So Rob, the one nice thing about Venmo is that it does avoid fees at times, if you don't automatically dump the funds into your account. If you go with the rapid transport from them it takes 1.5% up to 15 dollars I believe. Basically you aren't paying the Bezos tax. I have both and am fine with either, but that I think it's the biggest difference between them

Gotcha, yeah I noticed a few months back that paypal had that immediate transfer fee of 1.5% or free if you wait 3 days.  That's usually the option I take.  But as I said, I'll set up venmo as well, when it gets time for deposits, I'll give everyone info on both.

Tks

My interest level is SUPER high.  Unfortunately my schedule is also completely full both of those weekends.  Keep the options coming, however!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

This outing is looking really great Rob!  While I'd like to make it, I forgot that we have a tentative trip mid August.  That along with the PNW Meet-up will be enough travel for me.  Just wanted to let you know so you can keep your reservation tally as accurate as possible.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

37 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This outing is looking really great Rob!  While I'd like to make it, I forgot that we have a tentative trip mid August.  That along with the PNW Meet-up will be enough travel for me.  Just wanted to let you know so you can keep your reservation tally as accurate as possible.

No worries, Bill based on the early response for this one, it looks like another one will be in the works, possibly next spring!

Live in Maryland so keep me posted.  Yes, golf don't need accommodations - Beach traffic over the Bay Bridge can be a bear, manageable at odd hours, meaning can be 5 mile backup on Sunday evening for those going back to BWI, however there is a longer, northern route as alternative.  Friday's can be as bad so got to come in early on Friday.  

23 minutes ago, golfmanusa1 said:

Live in Maryland so keep me posted.  Yes, golf don't need accommodations - Beach traffic over the Bay Bridge can be a bear, manageable at odd hours, meaning can be 5 mile backup on Sunday evening for those going back to BWI, however there is a longer, northern route as alternative.  Friday's can be as bad so got to come in early on Friday.  

Will do, based on the amount who replied about staying and playing, there may be very limited if any golf only spots open.  It depenes on how many more tee times they can give me for either or both days.

Good points on the Bridge for those out of towners coming in.  We will get into more details on those type things in a new thread once we get it finalized with everyone all set. 

On 3/28/2022 at 3:42 PM, Camcmart said:

If we weren’t having a baby in July, I’d be all in for this.. unfortunately with the unknowns (and medical bills) of having a baby I don’t think I’ll be able to make this one ☹️

Well almost Congrats!!! "Dad"!!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

......As for golfers only.  They can not do a shotgun, it's tee times only.  But they can give us up to 60 tee times.   So those of you who responded tee times only please make a post here with your definite plans for a tee time and what day  Saturday or Sunday.  ......

I am a definite for golf only on Saturday & Sunday. 

Do I understand correctly you don't need a payment for golf only until the week prior?

Thank you for all your efforts!!  👏

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

OK guys, time to start official signups.   I have the contract from the course.  It's pretty much laid out cost wise as I mentioned above.  I'll save all the rules and regulations to share with the actual group that is going. 

For now I need to get everyone's deposit.  There is a 3% credit card fee on the deposit when I pay.  So the total for your lodging will be $262.00   I only have to have half of that by the deadline of April 7, 2022.   So $131 and you're on the IN list.   If you want to pay it all now, that's fine too, I already have a sheet setup to trackeveryone.

The first 12 to get their deposit in are guaranteed spaces in the cottage. 

So I wish there was room for more in the cottage.  However, I just recieved late word, there may be some space in their much smaller Bungalows that are about a fairway away from the cottages.  I'm awaiting word on those.  I know they are pricier, as they have private bedrooms and bathrooms.  But it would be room for 8 more if there are takers at that price.  I will post that info as soon as I get it.

As for golfers only.  They can not do a shotgun, it's tee times only.  But they can give us up to 60 tee times.   So those of you who responded tee times only please make a post here with your definite plans for a tee time and what day  Saturday or Sunday.  I can't take time requests now but they will be between 9:00 and noon each day.  

Ok for deposite you can send me venmo or paypal.  Whichever you prefer.

paypal  [email protected]

Venmo @CarolinaGolfer2 

Once you send me your deposit, plesae send me a PM with your actual full name and email address   and phone number.  We will probably set up a text chat or something later on for easier communication.

Thanks!

Dangit this is happening fast! I’m working on getting funds lined up 😬

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The date you picked it mid work week for me so I’m out unless I get some trades. If I would it would be okay Saturday only with that said Rob when would a one day play need to let you know?

I think we will have sown flexibility with the  single day golf,  maybe up to 30 days out.  

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I am a definite for golf only on Saturday & Sunday. 

Do I understand correctly you don't need a payment for golf only until the week prior?

Thank you for all your efforts!!  👏

That correct.  I do need to give them a pretty solid count for total golfers as soon as I know.  But payment for the golf part isn’t due until 7 days prior to August 6.  

That applies everyone whether they are staying or not. 

18 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Dangit this is happening fast! I’m working on getting funds lined up 😬

Only $131 is due now.  Also remember if the cottage happens to fill up before you can get it.  There are some local hotels but they will probably close to the same price per night.   But you wouldn’t  have to pay until they weekend. 

I am golf only for Sat., can't wait to meet everyone and to be able to put a face to some names!  Glad to see we are getting some out of towners too!  This is why this place is so damn good!!!!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

@Golfspy_CG2you may want to put the payment/Venmo/paypal information on the first post and pin it to the top so it is easy to find.   If the thread gets longer it will become harder to find.      And for the record, payment sent!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I am golf only for Sat., can't wait to meet everyone and to be able to put a face to some names!  Glad to see we are getting some out of towners too!  This is why this place is so damn good!!!!

Got it John. Still send me a PM with your phone and email if you don't mind.   I know I have your info somewhere, but it'll save me digging through my phone🙂

@EasyPutter Great, sounds good.   I will check on walkers.  The River is not an impossible walk, but it's kinda tough with several long stetches between holes, and they may have a policy of no walking on weekend mornings, but great question I'll post the answer here. 

@cnosil Got your payment as well and thanks for the suggestion on pinning the payment info!

Saturday & Sunday tee times only please!   Mrs. Nut may be coming along for the ride, so we will stay off course most likely. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot