TESTERS WANTED! ×

Regional Mid Atlantic Outing-Open To Everyone Regardless of Location.

MGS Regional Outing-Options Stay and Play 2 Days/2Nights or Play One Day No Stay  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the Option Below that Best Fits Your High Level Of Interest

• Two Day Stay and Play Aug 5-7
    • Play Only Aug 6 No Stay
    • Play Only Aug 7 No Stay
    • Play Both Days Aug 6-7 No Stay

7 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Saturday & Sunday tee times only please!   Mrs. Nut may be coming along for the ride, so we will stay off course most likely. 

Ok, I'll put you down for both golf days,  pm me your email.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So as @Golfspy_CG2 is aware, I have paid up, but I also know I'm going to likely be one of the young bucks on the trip. Therefore, in an attempt to get close to a Masters' experience, I'm going to go upstairs on that twin bed so my elders can have the big beds downstairs

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

7 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So as @Golfspy_CG2 is aware, I have paid up, but I also know I'm going to likely be one of the young bucks on the trip. Therefore, in an attempt to get close to a Masters' experience, I'm going to go upstairs on that twin bed so my elders can have the big beds downstairs

Ah...the Crows's Nest!  That's the way I should promote it!   Great idea!

Also in additon to you, anyone else volunterring for the Crows Nest upfront, will get a little token of appreciation from me 🙂

I got some information on the Bungalows.  For those that may want complete privacy and don't mind paying for it.  As of now there are 4 avaiable.  price as quoted from the course: 

Each bungalow has 2 bedrooms, 2 queen beds and 2 full bathrooms.  The full bungalow is $795 a night including tax - $1,590 for the weekend.

She's going to hold these for me until Friday, after that they will be available on first come first serve.

They are along the fairway of Hole 1 on the River course, the Cottages are between the green of 1 and tee of 2.  So very close to each other. 

bungalow-2-1024x576.jpg

bungalow-floorpplan-1024x615.jpg

If anyone is interested one of these or sharing with someone let me know and I'll have it reserved. 

Beware of golf balls while sitting in your rocking chair on the porch!  Hope they built those with shatter proof windows & non-marking siding!  HA! 🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

10 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Beware of golf balls while sitting in your rocking chair on the porch!  Hope they built those with shatter proof windows & non-marking siding!  HA! 🤣

They were under constgruction the last time I was there in the fall.  I recal them (bungalows) being far enough off the fairway that they SHOULD be safe, but you never know.   

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ah...the Crows's Nest!  That's the way I should promote it!   Great idea!

Also in additon to you, anyone else volunterring for the Crows Nest upfront, will get a little token of appreciation from me 🙂

Please note, I knew nothing of this when I volunteered. I just know as the young guy you pay your dues.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

3 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Please note, I knew nothing of this when I volunteered. I just know as the young guy you pay your dues.

No you did not, I will vouch for that.

I didn't really want to make anything an incentive, and trust me it's not a long brown box from Titlesiit or anything like that on each bed...Just something fun! 

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

No you did not, I will vouch for that.

I didn't really want to make anything an incentive, and trust me it's not a long brown box from Titlesiit or anything like that on each bed...Just something fun! 

So much for me hoping for that CG2 special... lolz. No, really excited, just put in for the time off from work for it.

SIK Golf Flo-C

4 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So much for me hoping for that CG2 special... lolz. No, really excited, just put in for the time off from work for it.

Yeah, I bet if I offered to bring my "extra bags" and have a winners grab bag, we'd sell this out in no time 🙂

On 3/25/2022 at 3:08 PM, golfinnut said:

Love Queenstown!  Such an immaculate golf course!  👍  I voted both for August ... either stay & play both days or play both days & no stay.  Depends how much driving I want to do & how much I want to party with fellow MGS folks!  🤣🍻

I also love Queenstown Harbor!  I have played both courses a handful of times and every time they were in immaculate condition -- quite challenging, but pretty fair as long as you are striking the ball well.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 3/25/2022 at 4:50 PM, Nolan220 said:

I would be interested in both dates, only 2 hour drive for me but I would stay the weekend. 

Same here (I am just outside of Phila, so it may be 2.5 hours MAX for me, but I'd stay the weekend).

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

On 3/25/2022 at 2:45 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Note 3/31 Signup for this is live and registrations coming in.  So if interested read all the details including payment amount, method and deadline which is APRIL 6! 

payments accepted by following methods:

paypal  robert_canady@msn.com

Venmo @CarolinaGolfer2 

Hi Everyone..there has been ongoing talk for years about a National MGS Outing.   While that is still something that is on Adam's radar and mine, I thought I'd try and start with a Regional Outing of sorts, to at least get the ball rolling then maybe it can morph into a larger one.

I've done a lot of research over the past couple months and have a place targeted and have availaiblity and pricng from them.   What I would like to hear from everyone is while not a 100% commitment at this point, but a true definite likely hood that you would make it.    I'm including a poll for you to vote for the date that is most likely fo ryou, if you would be willing to come for either date, you can vote for both. 

Bassic details, more info will come if I decide the interest is enough and genuine.

Location Queenstown Harbor Golf Course-20 minutes East of Annapolis MD on the Eastern Shore of MD.   About 45 minutes to 1 Hour drive from BWI airport. 

Queenstown Harbor Golf Course

Dates:   Aug 5-7  Date is Confirmed! 

There will be two days of golf Saturday and Sunday.   You can choose to play both days or either day.  Two different courses, River and Lakes.  The River Course is annually rated as one of the top 5 or 10 public courses in the state of Maryland. 

Accoodations aviable to the first 20 players will be large house on the property adjancent to the 2nd tee and a waterview. Perfect spot for the group to hang out each day and hve fun. 

August 5-7

Cheser Cottage  (see This Link for details )

Chester Cottage – 4 bedrooms & a loft / 5 full bathrooms – 8 queen beds (2 per bedroom) and 4 twins (in the loft) – Largest of the 3 Cottages, sleeps 12-20.

$1,528.52 per night including tax / we do have 2 night minimums when it comes to our in season weekends so the total for the weekend would be $3,057.04 – if you put 12 guys in there is comes to $254.75 pp. 

A more private but very limited availablity is one of the Bungalows.  It has two bedrooms and 2 private baths and a living room/dinette area, with a large gathering area with fire pits outside. 

Each bungalow has 2 bedrooms, 2 queen beds and 2 full bathrooms.  The full bungalow is $795 a night including tax - $1,590 for the weekend.

Arrive sometime Friday-time on your own to relax or play a practice round if you'd like.   We could possibly arrange a group dinner Friday night 

Saturday-18 holes on River Course tee time starts around 9:00 to 10:00  (possible OEM demo available afterward)  Saturday night hang out

Sunday-18 holes on Lakes Course tee time starts around 9:00-considering some may have afternoon flights or long drives home.

The cost isn't 100% now, it will ultiately depend on how many stay overnight.   We would need a minium of 8 to 10 guys to commit to a Friday/Saturday night stay.  Those that don't stay overnight and only want to play one day can be accomodated as well, assuming we don't sell out the 24 spots two day overnighters.  If that does happen early enough, I can always try to add more tee times on each day.

So costs would be approxiametly 

2 nights lodging  $254 total per person based on 12 people.

Golf would be $120 for the River Course and $80 for the Lakes Course

So just to put it togetgher if you are staying in the cottage for 2 nights and playing golf both days-Your package price would be between aprroxiamely $455 all in, with 50% deposit due once the event is final in the next 14 days or so.   

I also hope to be able to provide some swag, and would love to get someone from HQ  Adam or Harry to join in.  

So for now please select an option above, again if you really think you can make it.  It's important fo rme to give them a firm count and a deposit willl be due. 

I do welcome any thoughts and comments inthe thread here---except for suggesions on alternate dates or location 🙂

QT Harbor 2.jpg

Queenstown-Harbor-Stay-Chester-Cottage-5

bungalow-2-1024x576.jpg

As long as our Challenge Cup competition is not that weekend, I am in for the stay-and-play option August 5-7.  I went over and had lunch at my club (or, should I say "one of my clubs" today, and spoke with the Head Pro about the Cup event.  He said that it will definitely be in August, but that they hadn't firmed-up the dates yet.  This is a two-day team competition vs. another area club, and we are defending champs.  Since I shot the low (net) round in singles competition last year, he said he's counting on me to play again in 2022.

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

As long as our Challenge Cup competition is not that weekend, I am in for the stay-and-play option August 5-7.  I went over and had lunch at my club (or, should I say "one of my clubs" today, and spoke with the Head Pro about the Cup event.  He said that it will definitely be in August, but that they hadn't firmed-up the dates yet.  This is a two-day team competition vs. another area club, and we are defending champs.  Since I shot the low (net) round in singles competition last year, he said he's counting on me to play again in 2022.

Ok.  Note to self.  Be leery of funkyjidge coming in with a high handicap 😁

As defending champ. You should be able to set the date for the Cup.  Tell him 8/13-8/14 works well for you!!

Play both no stay.  I would be coming from Chestertown MD so no need to stay, but would play both days.  I’ve played there using a walking twilight rate and the course has been in fantastic shape each time. Nice work!  Hope it comes together.   

Edited by Simsjim

I'm a definite yes whether Aug or September.  We just moved to Pasadena MD last fall and I haven't had a chance to play either of these courses yet, heard they are great.  I would play both days, don't need to stay as I live 45 min away, but would like the chance to hang out with some of the weekenders and meet some new friends.  

:titelist-small: 913D (8.5), 913Fd (15), 913h (19) Diamana shafts

:taylormade-small:  P790 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 

:benhogan-small:TK-15 52,56,60 KBS Tour Wedge

:odyssey-small: O-Works Versa #2

Pro V1x, Vice Pro Plus

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok.  Note to self.  Be leery of funkyjidge coming in with a high handicap 😁

As defending champ. You should be able to set the date for the Cup.  Tell him 8/13-8/14 works well for you!!

Our TEAM is defending champs — I just had the low net score (68) in singles competition on day 2 in 2021.  We also play alternate-shot and better-ball on day 1.

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

Put me down as tentative.  I'll most likely try and make one day of golf but not sure as I'm still trying to shake out our beach plans for that month.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Put me down as tentative.  I'll most likely try and make one day of golf but not sure as I'm still trying to shake out our beach plans for that month.

MDGolfHacker

You're middle name is tenative 🙂   I can't wait till you start giving me percentages, saying you are 65% almost certain, possibly 🤣

18 hours ago, Simsjim said:

Play both no stay.  I would be coming from Chestertown MD so no need to stay, but would play both days.  I’ve played there using a walking twilight rate and the course has been in fantastic shape each time. Nice work!  Hope it comes together.   

16 hours ago, barryschwartz56 said:

I'm a definite yes whether Aug or September.  We just moved to Pasadena MD last fall and I haven't had a chance to play either of these courses yet, heard they are great.  I would play both days, don't need to stay as I live 45 min away, but would like the chance to hang out with some of the weekenders and meet some new friends.  

20 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Thanks guys, Sims and Barry, I have you guys down as golf only definites.    But if you could both send me your names and email addresses I want to keep a list of everyone. 

judge, got you as in (pending your challenge cup) keep me posted as soon as you know.

Thanks guys

I am a tentative and I have a plus one. I need to figure out if we are staying and playing or just playing. My wife just set up a day trip to Queenstown Harbor for my birthday in October and it was great! We are new golfers and we took a sprinter out there and it was a vibe. I will know more to confirm this once I speak with my wife and friends. I should be a yes though by Sunday.

Bunz

:Arccos:

:cleveland-small:

:SuperSpeed:

:nike-small:

:taylormade-small:

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks guys, Sims and Barry, I have you guys down as golf only definites.    But if you could both send me your names and email addresses I want to keep a list of everyone. 

judge, got you as in (pending your challenge cup) keep me posted as soon as you know.

Thanks guys

PM sent

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

10 hours ago, StringerBunz said:

I am a tentative and I have a plus one. I need to figure out if we are staying and playing or just playing. My wife just set up a day trip to Queenstown Harbor for my birthday in October and it was great! We are new golfers and we took a sprinter out there and it was a vibe. I will know more to confirm this once I speak with my wife and friends. I should be a yes though by Sunday.

Sounds great, would love to have you both! 

So we have had this out and posted for a week, and avaiable for signup for 5 days now?   So far the response has been great and very encouraging, just to give everyone an update on some numbers.

39 People have expressed an interest either in the thread or via PM

5 Have commited and paid for a space in the lodge, so only 7 spots remiaing, dont' sleep on it if you are considering that option!  

13 Have either committed or expressed their intent to play one for both days, that includes the 5 Stay and Play guys as well. 

So let's fill this puppy up both the cottage and the tee sheet.  

So good news for @EasyPutter and the others that asked.  Walking is allowed at both courses.   However, they don't have a walking rate.  But it's totally fine if you want to do so.   When we get the full roster of players, I'l reach out and ask who's walking so we can group accordingly.

I am in for either date but prefer August.  I can either stay on site or get something offsite, does not matter to me where I shower and sleep.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

26 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I am in for either date but prefer August.  I can either stay on site or get something offsite, does not matter to me where I shower and sleep.

Mike it's defiiniely the August date  5-7,  Friday check in Sunday check out.  Play Saturday and Sunday  

There's room in the cottage still, both in the Crows Nest or one of the bedrooms with two queens. 

Been working on this for myself and a +1, possibly +2 … for a stay and play during the whole wknd. 

Hope to have a definitive answer in the next day or two. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Saturday Update

Things are progressing nicely.

44 that have expressed interest

5 that have commited and paid the deposit or fully paid for the Cottage Stay & Play

7 other tentatives on the stay and play.  if those 7 all commit that will fill the cottage.

19 Golfers each day, counting the stay and non stay players.  Still plenty of room for golf only on either or both days.

So those of you on the "I'll let you know" list, that's fine, but understand it'll be first paid, first in.

Also Remember there is the Bungalow option if the cottage fills up.   

Yes, a bit more pricey $795 for a private bed/bath.   Shared with one other person in another private bed/bath. So $795 for each bedroom.

K I'm in! CG2 - PayPal'ed you (I'm sure you saw it already). I'd also be interested in walking, if there are at least three others.

Looking forward to this!!

⛳ ➕ 🍻

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg