Regional Mid Atlantic Outing-Open To Everyone Regardless of Location.

Golfspy_CG2

MGS Regional Outing-Options Stay and Play 2 Days/2Nights or Play One Day No Stay  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the Option Below that Best Fits Your High Level Of Interest

• Two Day Stay and Play Aug 5-7
    • Play Only Aug 6 No Stay
    • Play Only Aug 7 No Stay
    • Play Both Days Aug 6-7 No Stay

14 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know Bryan said he can't make it.  What about that other New Englander guy up there.   You know the guy that sometimes write articles about old companies on the Blog 🙂    Hey @GolfSpy Barbajo I know you're headed to the Home of Golf...AGAIN!! in May, but what about a short trip down the coast in August!! 

August 5-7 you say? Hmmmmmm.....depends on many things, but would love to make it. Depends on schedule and SWMBO.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSi3  
FW Wood: PXG Gen4 2-wood
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*
Irons:; PXG 0211; :Hogan: Pro Combo; :benhogan-small:FTX Combo;:benhogan-small:'99 Apex Plus; :benhogan-small:'99 Apex blades; :macgregor-small: 2010 VIP irons; :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTZ ZipCore: :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60
Putter: :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: Buckingham; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X; :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV; :wilson-small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You’re truck is big enough. You can sleep there.  But of course pay full rate for the toilet and showers! 

I'll be sure to light my paper bag on fire & leave it in front of your door.  😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSi2 9* UST MAMIYA LIN-Q BLUE 6F4 - C3 setting

Fairways   :titleist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* - B2 setting

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: 716 AP2 DG S300 1* up

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56*

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Holy Cow...What a response the last 12 hours!  I should step away from the computer more often!   Love it!  This could be a really great time.

Ok as I will do throughout the process, I'll update you on where we are what due dates etc are needed to be met. 

Ok first, order of business.   

I have reserved the largest cottage there, It's the Chester Cottage, you can read more details and see a 360 video review by clicking this link. Chester Cottage Details   It is the only cottage left on that day, I asked about getting one of the others in case we exceed the 12-20 players wanting to stay overnight. 

Here is the actual info she sent me on size/pricing, just so everyone knows, I'm being above board on the price.  I'm not out to make any money on this, just hope not to lose a bunch 🙂

August 5-7

Chester Cottage – 4 bedrooms & a loft / 5 full bathrooms – 8 queen beds (2 per bedroom) and 4 twins (in the loft) – Largest of the 3 Cottages, sleeps 12-20.

$1,528.52 per night including tax / we do have 2 night minimums when it comes to our in season weekends so the total for the weekend would be $3,057.04 – if you put 12 guys in there is comes to $254.75 pp. 

Be sure and note that 4 of the beds are twins, and are all located in the large loft on the 2nd floor, with a full bath up there.   I just want to be sure everyone is aware of the layout and the beds.   The others are 4 bedrooms that have 2 queen size, each with a full bath.    As for determining bed dibs, I'm open to all suggestions.  My gut is just to go with the ones who get their deposits in first, get first choice of bedroom/bed.   

I really suggest watching the 360 video tour, it's a really cool cottage over 3,000 sq feet.  A fire pit outside and a propane grill where we can do our own cookout etc.   Sits about 40 yards from the tee box of a par 3 right on the water, so we can harass (I mean watch other players come through late in the day, or even the early morning tee times before we go out) 

I will be getting the contract today and signing and sending the deposit.  As of now, I'll accept deposits via paypal,  (Friends & Family highly preferred to avoid any fees) I hope I have enough equity with you guys to trust me 🙂

Once I get those details, I'll pass them on.  

Ok, let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.  Just over 4 months away and counting!!  

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Oh one other thing to mention. 

When I saw only 12 signed up yesterday, I asked her for a block of 24 tee times to accommodate any others that sing up or those that didn't want to stay but wanted to play.

So I have that, but now seeing 33 stay/play in addition to play only, I'll ask her if we can get more times, or if it gest near 50 or 60, maybe they could do a modified shot gun.   If that's the case there would be a deposit needed for golf as well.   AS of now the golf green fees aren't due until 7 days before the event.

So to try and accommodate any locals who aren't staying, everyone that is a stay and play and definite, please get your confirmation and deposit to me as soon as you can after i provide the details. 

Thanks!

• Like 3

Guys, I can tell you Queenstown is a great course, I live about 45 min away.  I can also recommend restaurants if needed (many are at Kent Narrows on the water).  I have never stayed in the cottages, however they look really nice and offer sweet patios with firepits for a few nightly drinks overlooking the water. 

If you are not looking to stay in one of the cottages, there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Best Western located in Kent Narrows about 10 minutes away that you can book.    Let me know if I can be of any help and hope to see you all there!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

9 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Guys, I can tell you Queenstown is a great course, I live about 45 min away.  I can also recommend restaurants if needed (many are at Kent Narrows on the water).  I have never stayed in the cottages, however they look really nice and offer sweet patios with firepits for a few nightly drinks overlooking the water. 

If you are not looking to stay in one of the cottages, there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Best Western located in Kent Narrows about 10 minutes away that you can book.    Let me know if I can be of any help and hope to see you all there!

Thanks BP!  I had forgotten about the Holiday Inn Express, I know the Best Western is a bit older, but probably has been renovated.  I have heard some good things about some of the restaurants in Kent Narrows.   The actual golf course only has a small grill type place for burgers and sandwiches.   But they do offer catering to the cottages, which is something we can discuss once we have the final group and counts all set.   That can be done later if there is any interest. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks BP!  I had forgotten about the Holiday Inn Express, I know the Best Western is a bit older, but probably has been renovated.  I have heard some good things about some of the restaurants in Kent Narrows.   The actual golf course only has a small grill type place for burgers and sandwiches.   But they do offer catering to the cottages, which is something we can discuss once we have the final group and counts all set.   That can be done later if there is any interest. 

Rob, do you have Venmo…will that be an option to send the deposit to you? 
I can make PayPal work if necessary, just asking…

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Rob, do you have Venmo…will that be an option to send the deposit to you? 
I can make PayPal work if necessary, just asking…

I don't have venmo, but I'll look at setting it up.  I've been thinking about it, as I know it seems a lot of people are using it now vs PP.

For those that have used both, any advantages to Venmo.   I'll probably have both, so that people can use either one.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey Guys...Thanks to the eagle eyes of @cnosil he caught an error I made in the first post on pricing.  But it's a GOOD error.  When I was listing the prices for the cottages, I gave the total as per night not the total of both nights.   So the post above where I mention $254 per person based on 12 in the cottage is correct.   So I corrected the total in that post as well with golf,  we're looking at right around $454 total for golf and lodging, give or take a few pennies. 

Sorry for any confusion.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don't have venmo, but I'll look at setting it up.  I've been thinking about it, as I know it seems a lot of people are using it now vs PP.

For those that have used both, any advantages to Venmo.   I'll probably have both, so that people can use either one.

Thanks!

So Rob, the one nice thing about Venmo is that it does avoid fees at times, if you don't automatically dump the funds into your account. If you go with the rapid transport from them it takes 1.5% up to 15 dollars I believe. Basically you aren't paying the Bezos tax. I have both and am fine with either, but that I think it's the biggest difference between them

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4.0 C, DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

16 hours ago, Jwc5149 said:

GREAT choice. I signed up for both stay and play dates. Would be a great time with other MGS nuts... Hoping this comes to fruition.

Oh it's fruition baby!!  Well will be as soon as I get the contract from the course, I'll be turning it right back around to them! 

15 hours ago, Keith J Garvin said:

In for Aug. My club has our "senior" club  championship over the Sept dates <I bet more than a few might have same Sept conflict>. Since I'm a snorer I'd lean toward a solo room/hotel out of courtesy. Can I book the stl-dc flight now? 

<just moved from DC metro so it'd be fun to go back and see old gang on shoulder of trip> 

Yes, it's a definite, so feel free to book away.  Notice the decription of the cottage, no single rooms, but I'm sure there will be a few snoreres.  Ear Plgus for the win!!   

Also FYI, BWI is clsoer than DCA or IAD.  If you have any other questions on that, I'm happy to help. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So Rob, the one nice thing about Venmo is that it does avoid fees at times, if you don't automatically dump the funds into your account. If you go with the rapid transport from them it takes 1.5% up to 15 dollars I believe. Basically you aren't paying the Bezos tax. I have both and am fine with either, but that I think it's the biggest difference between them

Gotcha, yeah I noticed a few months back that paypal had that immediate transfer fee of 1.5% or free if you wait 3 days.  That's usually the option I take.  But as I said, I'll set up venmo as well, when it gets time for deposits, I'll give everyone info on both.

Tks

• Like 2

My interest level is SUPER high.  Unfortunately my schedule is also completely full both of those weekends.  Keep the options coming, however!

• Like 2

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

This outing is looking really great Rob!  While I'd like to make it, I forgot that we have a tentative trip mid August.  That along with the PNW Meet-up will be enough travel for me.  Just wanted to let you know so you can keep your reservation tally as accurate as possible.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

37 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This outing is looking really great Rob!  While I'd like to make it, I forgot that we have a tentative trip mid August.  That along with the PNW Meet-up will be enough travel for me.  Just wanted to let you know so you can keep your reservation tally as accurate as possible.

No worries, Bill based on the early response for this one, it looks like another one will be in the works, possibly next spring!

• Like 4

Live in Maryland so keep me posted.  Yes, golf don't need accommodations - Beach traffic over the Bay Bridge can be a bear, manageable at odd hours, meaning can be 5 mile backup on Sunday evening for those going back to BWI, however there is a longer, northern route as alternative.  Friday's can be as bad so got to come in early on Friday.  

• Like 3

Currently learning online marketing - will use to support my mission in Northern Thailand as I plan to continue my work building a campus for those who want to learn marketable skills while providing industrial base to support the orphans and others needing a helping hand up.  Plan to return in January and yes, includes playing golf in Thailand - city will be located is Udon.  

23 minutes ago, golfmanusa1 said:

Live in Maryland so keep me posted.  Yes, golf don't need accommodations - Beach traffic over the Bay Bridge can be a bear, manageable at odd hours, meaning can be 5 mile backup on Sunday evening for those going back to BWI, however there is a longer, northern route as alternative.  Friday's can be as bad so got to come in early on Friday.  

Will do, based on the amount who replied about staying and playing, there may be very limited if any golf only spots open.  It depenes on how many more tee times they can give me for either or both days.

Good points on the Bridge for those out of towners coming in.  We will get into more details on those type things in a new thread once we get it finalized with everyone all set. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 3:42 PM, Camcmart said:

If we weren’t having a baby in July, I’d be all in for this.. unfortunately with the unknowns (and medical bills) of having a baby I don’t think I’ll be able to make this one ☹️

Well almost Congrats!!! "Dad"!!!!

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen 5 0311XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic SuperHybrid 4H (SteelFiber fc65/F2)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)