Idiot golfer orders a set of blades

4 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Speaking of the MMB17s, I believe these are set to be their successor (The TS4s on the right) and Woo Buddy am I excited to try these out. 

842e77beca93290ecbe1919621113dd6acac9b51_4.jpeg

I'm very much looking forward to TS3 variant. However, it sounds like were looking at late '23 into '24 before they are released. It sounds like they are really fighting the supply chain and everything is taking a long time. I'm going to be curious to see if the TS3 is going to be a good replacement for the TE. The TE has a very low COG and the TS3 looks like it has a lot of mass down low. It seems GolfWorks will make an iron until the day it stops selling, so I don't know that we will see the end of the TE/DBM anytime soon but the TS3 looks like it will have a lot of overlap. I really like how the TS4 is looking but if I can get a similar profile in the TS3, I'll take the extra forgiveness the wider sole and slightly higher MOI will provide. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, Kansas King said:

I'm very much looking forward to TS3 variant. However, it sounds like were looking at late '23 into '24 before they are released. It sounds like they are really fighting the supply chain and everything is taking a long time. I'm going to be curious to see if the TS3 is going to be a good replacement for the TE. The TE has a very low COG and the TS3 looks like it has a lot of mass down low. It seems GolfWorks will make an iron until the day it stops selling, so I don't know that we will see the end of the TE/DBM anytime soon but the TS3 looks like it will have a lot of overlap. I really like how the TS4 is looking but if I can get a similar profile in the TS3, I'll take the extra forgiveness the wider sole and slightly higher MOI will provide. 

The last update I saw said that the TS3 may be late '22 and the TS4 was still working out a design change and may be further into '23 (I may be wrong but I am hoping that its not pushed back further). And you are very right about GW selling until it no longer sells, for example they no longer make a 3i for the TE or DBM because the sales weren't justifying it (Man I wish I could've gotten one of the DBM 3i heads when they were on clearance)

I am personally interested in testing them both out and seeing how they perform for me, the TS3 is closer to what I currently play (TM r7TPs) but the TS4s are closer to my old set (Titleist 690MBs) and would love to play blades again. So, maybe I will be a future "idiot golfer orders a set of blades" LOL

• Like 1

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft