TESTERS WANTED! ×

TSi3 driver shaft

kev21

I was fit for a TSi3 driver with a tensei blue 65g stiff shaft. I ended up purchasing the driver off eBay but instead of tensei blue it has a tensei white 65g stiff shaft. 
Do you think there will be any major or noticeable differences?

Unfortunately with the recent weather I haven’t been able to try it out on the range yet

Driver: :callaway-small:   XHot

3 Wood image.png.4bf33bc168b41ce16e4ae61c7823e3b9.png TSi3 

Irons: image.png.aa80652dd4c29a4327b39922150913c3.png G 5 - LW

Putter: image.png.2696ae37b5cf865163dd1b1d16daf6b5.png 2017 O-Works #1W w/Superstroke Grip

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Bag: Nike

White is a different bend profile, to produce lower spin and launch. I think I remember stiffer tip and butt.

That said, I bought a white hybrid to put in a 6 hybrid I wanted to play. And I love it. I don't find it launches particularly low, swings well with good feel. I play the blue in my 3 wood and personally, can't really tell any difference

I would guess it'll launch a little lower and probably spin a touch less. Not knowing your swing and ball flight, it's hard to say how you'll hit it distance-wise. I also bought a TSI3 a couple weeks ago, and will finally get to hit it outside for the 1st time today. I also have the white Tensei in mine and have considered a blue. It won't make a big difference, but I hit the ball on a flatter trajectory anyway, so any little bit of trajectory might help distance-wise.

You bought a shaft with a different profile than what you were fit for. The white has a stiffer tip and is designed to spin and launch lower than the blue. Will this affect your swing and/or ball flight it’s hard to say he’s or know especially without seeing what your numbers were with the blue.

The white is designed for the higher swing speed and stronger golfer. The blue is a mid launch shaft with low spin profile. Those words are just generic terms and don’t equate to actual spin numbers. With the tsi3 being a lower spin designed head that is something that can affect what difference you might see between what you were fit for.

Some other details you left out that need to be considered is what shaft length were you fit for and is the white the same length? This can impact feel due to weight and balance differences.

Also left out if you bought the same loft and if the grip is the same as you were fit for. These will also have some role in any differences you could see between what you were fit for and the one you bought.

Lastly why did you buy one with a white vs blue that you were fit for?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 3 weeks later...

I currently use a TSi3 with a Tensei White.  I got fitted for it and with my current swing speed and attack angle it works for me.  Interestingly, when I was recovering from a shoulder injury my swing speed got slower and I found the Tensei White was too stiff at the tip.

I think Ricky has summarized very well, the situation you are in.  

One good option is to switch shafts.  You might have someone interested in a shaft swap.  I believe the Tensei Blue is a more popular shaft for Titleist drivers generally, so I think you will be able to find a new shaft online or via a swap on MGS or similar sites with a Titleist driver tip.

I hope it works out for you.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User