Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

3 vs 4 Wheel Push Carts

Tyler86

Clicgear has a 4 wheel model 8, and now you can convert your 3.5 to front wheel that swivel

Take the front wheel off and now you can attach the new wheels and also put the Alpherd motorized back wheels

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

On 4/3/2022 at 9:06 AM, Tyler86 said:

Currently I have a Bag Boy Nitron. It was a fine cart before i got a cart bag, C130S. Its still ok, but I feel like it takes more effort to push than what is ideal. So im looking for possibly getting a different one that rolls better with a heavier bag. It got me to wondering if I need to go to 4 wheels instead of 3 and sacrifice a little maneuverability.  Any recommendations or input?

I have had a C-130 and ClicGear 3.5+ set up for about 4 years now and I have no complaints what so ever. 

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

**** it... I went ahead and bought the electric version... battery charging as we speak...

20220407_190158.jpg.752763ba3c84d7d334e40d3b5b1230c3.jpg

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

12 hours ago, Riverboat said:

That looks awesome. Good choice.

Lol... got the thing, charged the battery and it won't turn on. So I'm sending the charger/battery to the manufacturer and having it checked. Hope I get a replacement by the weekend. Weather is starting to warm up.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 4/4/2022 at 11:43 AM, pakman92 said:

I have a four wheel variety and I'm pretty happy with it.   I suppose it does provide a little bit more stability.  I used 3 wheels previously.   I didn't notice issues to maneuverability, but I think I push down on the handle and lift the front wheels a bit to turn.  (I had to think about it, but i think that's what I do).  It comes naturally w/o thinking.

I like to let go of the cart on a hill and let it speed down the hill on its own.   Four wheels are definitely more stable for that.   Only issue when I let go on a hill is that the cart slices quite a bit not unlike my long irons.

Exactly what I do without even thinking about it.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

I have not really had any experience with 3 wheel or 4 wheel carts prior to testing the Motocaddy M-7 which I know is not a manual push cart. Now back when I was able I used a vintage Bag Boy 2 wheeler. Now one key to a push cart is like carrying your bag---- Weight. Basically playing my vintage rounds I tried a few with my old Macgregor Mini Staff bag and it was heavy. I switched back to my Original Jones and that helped the weight issues. Now I have never been one to carry a lot of accessories on the course so basically I keep it light. Learned this by accident this week and it seems strange, Headcovers can make a difference in weight. Long story but PGASS did a warranty on the knit covers my wife bought me last year. They are a lot lighter than the combination of leather and Ping Barrell covers I was using. I had put them back on my bag yesterday and noticed the difference right off carrying my old carry bag to the practice area. Now with the M-7 weight is no issue except getting my stuff out of the car but that is another ball of wax. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

My original pushcart was a Bagboy Quad and I Now have a ClicGear 3.5 three wheeler. Both are great carts but the ClicGear is easier to push although either is acceptable. Even on hilly courses, stability is not an issue with either. I do prefer the ClicGear as it holds a variety of bags easily. 

Play everything from the hickory era to modern equipment.

• 1 month later...

I’m a little late to this party, but just wanted to share—I was finally able to pull out my pushcart and walk the last couple rounds. It’s a Rovic RV1S, made by Clicgear.

FE932243-A753-4A92-BD01-303A61FBFD22.jpeg.99ff84c3d5135b9f46f991ef2e7a019b.jpeg

I’m a big fan of the swivel wheel for maneuverability. It’s an easy push on varying landscape, and the fold is pretty compact. I haven’t experience a downside to it, since the wheel has a lockable, non-swivel position. I know Bagboy, TGW, and Big Max make versions, and Caddytek now has a 4-wheel swivel model as well.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

On 4/3/2022 at 9:06 AM, Tyler86 said:

Its still ok, but I feel like it takes more effort to push than what is ideal. So im looking for possibly getting a different one that rolls better with a heavier bag.

Suggestion - remove and clean the wheel axles on your existing cart; maybe add a drop of lithium lubricant or other dry lube.

Also - if you consider that for a given weight distributing that weight over 4 vs 3 wheels does make a difference in the relative load on each wheel.

That said, I have a Bag Boy Quad XL (4 wheel) and love it. Someone mentioned earlier about "locking" the ball in - the Bag Boy top bracket uses "Top Lok" which means if you have a bag (cart or stand) with that same feature it "locks" into the top bracket and you don't need to secure the top strap.

It's decent weight, seems very durable, rolls easily, maneuvers very easily, is very stable on hills, has a convenient drink holder plus a small storage pouch under the handle and .. something I'm also happy with .. the bag sits more upright vs many other carts.

The only reason I'm not using it regularly is my wife got me a high end electric model as a gift!! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I don't know if this was mentioned because I didn't go back and read all the posts. But what ever decision is made on three vs four make sure to check the clearance on the front wheels. I'm talking about the gap between the wheel and the top of the wheel housing.

If you play morning rounds where the grass was cut and still wet, the grass will build up between the wheel and the wheel housing.

I was playing a round with my boss and after the third hole it was hard to push the cart. We found out the the grass clipping were piling up. He wound up cleaning it out after every three holes. That was a pain in the butt. Its not like you had a screwdriver in your bag or anything. So it was a long golf tee. Poke and scrape and a mess on your hands. Just for reference it was a Caddy Tec three wheel.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I currently use the Bag Boy Quad-XL and love it. I've had it for over 5 yrs.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade R15, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Heat II Single Length Irons 4-AW, SW, LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico