Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TaylorMade M4 Driver Head Cracked

Has anyone experienced a situation where a TaylorMade M4 Driver Head Cracked?

Yesterday i was on the range before a round of golf with a buddy and i noticed my M4 head had a 2 in. crack horizontally across the middle of the face all of a sudden.  It was brand new when i got it and only started using it about 18 mos ago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

image.png.174bfadf143b7721b2f508d8e9982626.png

There have been various models of TaylorMade that have cracked and m4 is one of them but they aren’t the only brand that has seen cracks. Ping and Callaway have had them over the years.

it’s nothing unheard of

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, jgolfski said:

Has anyone experienced a situation where a TaylorMade M4 Driver Head Cracked?

Yesterday i was on the range before a round of golf with a buddy and i noticed my M4 head had a 2 in. crack horizontally across the middle of the face all of a sudden.  It was brand new when i got it and only started using it about 18 mos ago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Swing slower like the most of us!!! 😝

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

TaylorMade has been pretty good about replacing cracked heads.Have your local golf store reach out to them for you.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

41 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

TaylorMade has been pretty good about replacing cracked heads.Have your local golf store reach out to them for you.

The chances TaylorMade replaces a driver head that is 5 years old is probably slim, especially in an era where components are hard to come by. They have a warranty of two years from manufactured date. Not saying they won’t but I wouldn’t expect any company to replace a product that’s past it’s warranty period and 4 releases later.

Unlike Ping and Titleist TaylorMade will take direct contact about club issues

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Have to agree with @RickyBobby_PRhere. Altho it would be great to get a replacement from TM, given the age of the model sometimes that can be difficult. Same went with my Epic recently. 

I've found something like 2 cycles is normal to be replaced so in TM that would be the original SIM, anything prior to that I wouldn't expect anything from the manufacturer. 

Maybe with receipt for when it was purchased something better will come of it! However I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Hope for the best!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 2 weeks later...

I wound submit a warranty claim through Taylormade. On the website, they disclaim a 2 year window from purchase date, but I can attest that I just went through the same thing with my M6. Cracked the face and noticed when I was just hitting balls on the range. Taylormade got back to me within a day of submitting the warranty claim and replaced it with a SIM 2 (free upgrade) despite being outside of the 2 year warranty mark with no questions asked. 

Taylormade Sim 2 Max Ventus TR 7x

Callaway Rogue LS 3 Wood MB Tensei Pro White 85X

Utility G425 Crossover 17 degree HZDRUS Black 90g 6.5

Ping i500s 4-PW Project LZ 6.0

TM 2 Milled Grind Wedges (50, 56, 60) KBS Hi Rev 120

Scotty Cameron Select Golo 

28 minutes ago, ClayAdams said:

I wound submit a warranty claim through Taylormade. On the website, they disclaim a 2 year window from purchase date, but I can attest that I just went through the same thing with my M6. Cracked the face and noticed when I was just hitting balls on the range. Taylormade got back to me within a day of submitting the warranty claim and replaced it with a SIM 2 (free upgrade) despite being outside of the 2 year warranty mark with no questions asked. 

To clarify it’s not just 2 years from purchase but 2 years from purchase from an authorized retailer with proof of purchase.

This is their policy. 

customary use for 2 years from the original date of purchase from an authorized retailer provided (1) the consumer presents proof of purchase in the form of an original cash register receipt from the authorized retailer from whom the consumer purchased the product 

On 4/3/2022 at 6:17 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The chances TaylorMade replaces a driver head that is 5 years old is probably slim, especially in an era where components are hard to come by. They have a warranty of two years from manufactured date. Not saying they won’t but I wouldn’t expect any company to replace a product that’s past it’s warranty period and 4 releases later.

Unlike Ping and Titleist TaylorMade will take direct contact about club issues

I had the R1 that ended up with a dent on the face by the toe (a friend did it...honest) and I contacted TM, said no dice as it was two years past warranty but they did send me a 25% off code to redeem on a new club.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

• 3 months later...