Evenflow riptide anyone?

therod

While I'm pretty confident that if I went with an Evenflow I should try the black, I would probably go with the blue just looking for a slightly higher trajectory. I know it won't be a significant difference but I would be happy with a little bit. 

39 minutes ago, therod said:

While I'm pretty confident that if I went with an Evenflow I should try the black, I would probably go with the blue just looking for a slightly higher trajectory. I know it won't be a significant difference but I would be happy with a little bit. 

While that may happen it’s not guarantee that profile or even the black works for you. The evenflow profile isn’t the same as the tensei. The tensei orange could be a better option as the tip is slightly softer than the white with a very similar ei profile.

Heres the tensei shafts and the evenflow blue and black

C05C8EC9-A280-4F4E-98C7-F45EFB72FB76.png

B117770A-B0FF-452C-8511-D8F787DC055A.gif

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

24 minutes ago, therod said:

I don't doubt that at all. But part of my decision making has to take $$$ into account. More than likely, I'll find a blue or camo Evenflow cheaper than I would a softer tipped Tensei.

The orange is between $100-120 and the blue last time I looked was anywhere from $60-115. Assuming you can find one with your desired length and tip. If you have to re tip then you are in the same range as the orange 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

A simple option to try is adjust the driver to add loft. This will increase spin some and also close the face but it’s easy to see quickly the effects.

Out of curiosity did you tell your fitter at all that you would like to get more height on your ball than what the tensei white was providing?

28 minutes ago, therod said:

I did say something, yes. But he felt like I needed the higher bend point shaft to handle the load I put on the shaft at the top of my backswing. 

I would just add loft to your current setup and see if that produces the ball flight you want.

The topic of changing shafts, what shaft will work for my swing or how does shaft x compare to y, comes up a lot on forums, it seems like almost daily over on wrx there’s a thread on one of these. And the guys most trusted there always provide the same type of response. 

Changing thee shaft and/or feel of the setup can cause numerous things good or bad. More/less spin, higher/lower ball flight, better/worse dispersion or change in shot shape kind of like the hzrdus black causing a slice. Or no real change at all. Again that’s shown in the TXG video. 

• Like 1

I had the first version in one of my past drivers and I liked it.  

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max driver w/reg Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/reg Fuijikura Air Speeder 40 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/reg KBS 70 shaft
Titleist AP1 714 irons 5-PW & GW w/reg Fujikura Atmos shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

Just wanted to chime in and add …

Got fitted 3 years ago into the TS2 with the Tensei Blue shaft and it was the best fitting investment I’ve ever done.

From that, got Tensei Blue all thru my woods and hybrids … Cobra 3W and my two Titleist TS2 hybrids. 

Fast fwd to today, I coach a h/s golf team and one of my players has the blue Evenflow Riptide stiff on his PXG driver. Took a few cuts with it both out on the range and the course, and I very much liked it, a lot. Don’t know the exact specifics, but I’d say it has a very similar profile. 

And yes, I absolutely cannot stand the Hzrdus line of shafts … just way too boardy for my swing profile. Annoying that they’re the popular stock shaft on almost all new drivers that get released. 

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.251dbf28e16167e1ca40855a93ec5a2d.png  659 CB (5i-6i) 659 TC (7i-PW)

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

On 4/8/2022 at 4:11 PM, fozcycle said:

I have the riptide blue, which is regular flex, in my PXG 0211.  I had been gaming the tense ck blue in other drivers and really liked how it performed but the Riptide is a smooth shaft all thru the swing.  It took a couple rounds to get used to not having a “lag” but it really is smooth.

I have the riptide blue as well and I will agree it is a smooth shaft.  I'm still getting use to it but I do like the feel.

PXG Gen 4 0811X 7.5 degree Evenflow CB 50g

PXG Gen 4 0841X 3 Wood Evenflow CB 60g

PXG Gen 4 0817XF Hybrid 22 degree Evenflow 80g

Mizuno JPX-900 Hot metal 4-GW

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 52

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 56

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Maxfli Tour Gloss White Golf Balls

Maxfli Tour X Gloss White Golf Balls

4 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Just wanted to chime in and add …

Got fitted 3 years ago into the TS2 with the Tensei Blue shaft and it was the best fitting investment I’ve ever done.

From that, got Tensei Blue all thru my woods and hybrids … Cobra 3W and my two Titleist TS2 hybrids. 

Fast fwd to today, I coach a h/s golf team and one of my players has the blue Evenflow Riptide stiff on his PXG driver. Took a few cuts with it both out on the range and the course, and I very much liked it, a lot. Don’t know the exact specifics, but I’d say it has a very similar profile. 

And yes, I absolutely cannot stand the Hzrdus line of shafts … just way too boardy for my swing profile. Annoying that they’re the popular stock shaft on almost all new drivers that get released. 

52 minutes ago, nupezb said:

I have the riptide blue as well and I will agree it is a smooth shaft.  I'm still getting use to it but I do like the feel.

By evenflow blue are you guys talking about the evenflow riptide cb?

29 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

By evenflow blue are you guys talking about the evenflow riptide cb?

Correct, their CB shaft. Believe his was a 55g S CB shaft 

• Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.251dbf28e16167e1ca40855a93ec5a2d.png  659 CB (5i-6i) 659 TC (7i-PW)

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

We'll see how things go on the course. I've only hit balls with my driver on a monitor indoors. It might be high enough for my liking. I'll see how far it goes, how easy it is to get out there, and what the actual ball flight looks like. I'm not going to do anything until I actually play some golf with it and see.