TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG 0211DC Irons

PBH3

I have the 0211 DC irons with stiff MMT shafts.   I bought them as an impulse decision.  I have about 15 rounds with them so far.  They are really great feeling and performing irons.  I was using G410 irons and one can see a family resemblance but the offset is less and the sound is better.  The stock grips were nice Lamkins and not cheap appearing at all.  The badge on the back does look a bit cheap and cheesy, but I don’t look at the back much and don’t care.  

The only real issue is the stock lofts.  They are the same as the Ping Power Lofts.  The 5 iron is 21 degrees and the PW is 42.  Gap wedge is 48.  The 5 looks and feels like 3 iron to me and I have replaced it with a 5 hybrid.  I hit it ok but too low.  It might be ok in the wind but not where I play.  I may adjust the lofts but I am concerned about increasing the bounce.

Overall I am really pleased with them and the price can’t be beat.  Remarkable irons. I will probably fix the lofts.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree Fubuki stiff shaft. 

XXIO 3 wood 

XXIO 20 degree 4 hybrid

XXIO 23 degree 5 hybrid

PXG 0211 DC 6 thru GW MMT stiff shafts

PXG 0211 DC 54 degree sand wedge MMT shaft

Taylormade Hi-toe MG 60. 

Putter:  Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour lined.

I would agree with funkyjudge, the 0211 are very nice clubs but so are the Sub 70 irons.  Both are hollow, foam filled heads.  I have the Sub 70 699 pro irons and the PXG 0211 2nd gen.  I find them to be very similar.  The customer service for Sub 70 is unbeatable and you can get a variety shafts or grips at seems to be reasonable mark up.  I just did a test of 4 sets of irons I have and the Sub 70 and PXG ended being in a veritable tie.  I you haven't looked at the Sub 70 clubs yet I would encourage you to do so but the PXG 2011 2nd gen irons are very nice as well.  You probably really can't go wrong with either of them.

My PXG midsize grips are great, not slick or cheap feeling , they are like any grip they need to be cleaned periodically or they will get slick. My 0211 irons have above average feel, forgiveness and distance, I’m a solid 7 handicap with 50+ years of playing experience. Especially If you’re a veteran give them a try , PXG customer service is exceptional.

m desmond

17 hours ago, Ike said:

Why would you or anyone buy the same pair of shoes or pants I wear without getting properly fit for those shoes or pants?  Get properly it for your golf clubs or pay the consequences!  Millions are spent every year for clubs that have a brand name and built for no one.  Don't be that guy! 

I would get fit, just asking if they are too good to be true before I waste my time driving to the PXG store to demo them.

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

27 minutes ago, PBH3 said:

I would get fit, just asking if they are too good to be true before I waste my time driving to the PXG store to demo them.

All clubs are good clubs. What makes a club bad is when the club head and shaft aren’t a good fit for the golfer. Some clubs regardless of shaft aren’t a good fit for a golfer. But that’s what fittings hash out what works and what doesn’t work.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The clubs are great.

My suggestion order them with either the standard or the midsized PXG Grips. Ask them to send the grips loose in the box. Then when you get them you can choose to either put the PXG grips on, or put on what ever grip you like. 

Every club I've ever ordered from PXG, I've gotten with the grips shipped loose in the box. Personally I like DTX Pure Midsize grips. So, I put those on myself after my clubs arrive with the grips loose in the box. 

20 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The pxg logo grip is terrible. It’s slick and cheap. Only reason to get is to save the upgrade costs

I don't agree. But then, I always order midsize so maybe that's the difference. 

The PXG midsize grips are fine. Again, they aren't DTX Pure Midsize (which are the best grips in the world, bar none.)

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

17 hours ago, Krls032022 said:

I have a set of the 0211 DC Irons (5-SW). Ordered them with the Recoil Dart 75 R Shaft. Be wary of this shaft as the F3 R plays closer to a stiff shaft. So if you need a R shaft I would suggest ordering the F2 A flex will play  like an R shaft. I’ll either have this set re-shafted or sell them. 

Same thing goes for the Mitsubishi MMT graphite/titanium composite shafts. I had a set of them soft-stepped to play between an R and S flex (they were the MMT 90s, which actually weigh 98 grams prior to trimming), and they seemed VERY stiff, so I put them on a frequency meter and found out that they were actually closer to an X flex.  I also had a customer come to me (I'm a long-time professional clubfitter) and he had a set of Mitsubishi MMT 70 R-flex shafts that he was complaining about not being able to get any "kick" or distance out of (they were in a set of PXG irons, BTW).  Upon measurement, these "R-flex" shafts were actually almost dead-on at S-flex with the grips on, which means that they were actually likely playing to a "tour stiff" flex.  No wonder he couldn't get any distance with the irons with his 78 MPH 6-iron clubhead speed.  I swapped-out those shafts for a set of KBS TGI 70-R graphite shafts and he's now loving the 0211 irons!

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

22 hours ago, Ramsey_Steve said:

Had a tough time choosing between the Tour Edge C721 irons and the 0211 DC, but at $75 a stick versus $130 for the C721 it seemed like an easy choice, and they haven’t disappointed. Much more forgiving than my previous irons (Ping i500’s with Steelfiber i70’s), and dare I say it, better feel. Despite the slightly wider soles I find the turf interaction around the greens to be excellent.

oh and the slick and cheap grips? keep them clean and I find them to feel very similar to the GP Tour Velvets I planned to replace them with. I’m not a huge fan of Lamkin grips but after 9 months they’re still fine.

I scrub my grips once a month and the PXG grips stay clean & firm......no probs here.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

PXG has a new store in Fairfax, across from Woodson H.S.  Get an appointment and get fit!

Driver:  Callaway Epic Flash, Fujikura Pro 2.0 stiff

3 wood:  Callaway Epic Flash

7 wood: Titelist TSi2, Kurocage 55 reg

Irons:  5 iron -PW PXG 0211, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff

50 degree wedges:  Callaway JAWS Chrome

56 & 60 degree wedge:  Callaway JAWS Gray, Full Face

Putter:  TaylorMade 

•  

I just got fitted for 0211dc irons and was recommended for thr Dynaic Gold 105 Vs stock shaft and to have them turned up + 2 from my pxg fitter , any thoughts out there on the shaft and lie setup ? This was indoors and I do feel like I hit different of the grass vs indoors

Englishleather

43 minutes ago, englishleather said:

I just got fitted for 0211dc irons and was recommended for thr Dynaic Gold 105 Vs stock shaft and to have them turned up + 2 from my pxg fitter , any thoughts out there on the shaft and lie setup ? This was indoors and I do feel like I hit different of the grass vs indoors

Good shaft and trust the fitter. PXG fitters in my experience are some of the better ones out there. If the feel good to you then you should be fine, but if you are worried about grass vs mat then do a fitting on grass

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Played with a guy who had them and they are really good looking.  I hit the 6 iron and it felt great.  Good turf interaction. 

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

50 minutes ago, Dax279 said:

@Ricky Bobby I have never had an issue with mine and have played in the rain as well as in humid conditions.  My irons have about 100 rounds in them now and while they will soon be replaced, they still perform very well. 

That’s good. To me they are cheap and terrible. My pxg fitter even asked what grip I wanted to order because the grip is a bad grip.

Update: Got fitted last night for 0211 and they felt great!  Now I just have to figure out how I am not going to go crazy waiting the 2 weeks for them to arrive! 

Also, they are still charging $30 for Golf Pride grips, so I will be swapping out the PXG grips when they get here.

• Arccos 

On 4/12/2022 at 8:44 PM, twolfe57 said:

PXG has a new store in Fairfax, across from Woodson H.S.  Get an appointment and get fit!

Yep, I got fitted their on the second day they opened. I picked up a Gen 4 Driver and 3 Wood. My wife was impressed with my experience and scheduled herself a fitting last week. She has the 0211DC coming. Looking forward to multiple visits to their store in the future. 

PXG Gen 4 0811X 7.5 degree Evenflow CB 50g

PXG Gen 4 0841X 3 Wood Evenflow CB 60g

PXG Gen 4 0817XF Hybrid 22 degree Evenflow 80g

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 52

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 56

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Maxfli Tour Gloss White Golf Balls

Maxfli Tour X Gloss White Golf Balls

made up a PXG driver.........cost me $220..........shipping was high but understood......was hero disc(gr8 deal).......the driver was so nice my wife hit it and now she has a new driver......I will go to KofP to get fitted cause it is closecluish to me......club was first class and well made.......I have been a Ping player all my golfing life, 76 and been playing for 53 years........my gaming days are over now play for fun so going to move to PXG, just because the way they treat us Vets

• 2 weeks later...

My 0211's came today and got them out this afternoon.  Kaboom!!!  These things are fantastic and I can't believe the price!  They feel great and I have never seen a mishit keep its distance like this.  I highly recommend anyone in the market to check them out!

• Arccos 

Love the 0211DC irons, but my 7 iron broke at the hosel two weeks ago and today my 8 iron TT Elevate shaft snapped just below the grip. So here I am on day 3 of a 7 day golf trip and now missing both the 7 and 8 iron out of my set. 50+ years playing and I’ve never broken a club before. Bought them new from a friend who ordered them online and changed his mind when he got them, and as they’re now just over a year old, there’s no warranty, so my only option is to pay retail plus PXG’s not cheap shipping charge - Sucks!

What's currently in my 'ever-changing' bag:

Driver: Ping G410 LSTStock Alta shaft reg flex.

FW: PXG 0211 3 wood, Evenflow 50g reg flex.

Hybrids: Ping G400 4 & 5 reg flex Alta Shaft.

Irons: PXG 0211DC, TT Elevate 95 Reg Flex

Putter: Odyssey Tuttle

• 2 weeks later...

I had an outdoor fitting last fall and was seeing an improvement in both distance and dispersion over my current set (Callaway Apex CF19s). I hesitated purchasing them right away, the price went up a little and when it came back down I finally pulled the trigger. Trying to get used to a new set of irons and judging them in the winter with the cold, being layered up sometimes 5 deep, wind and soft conditions is probably not the best thing to do. Up until about 1 week ago, I was thinking of selling them, but I figured why not put them back in the bag one last time and give them a fair test with temperatures now warming. Glad I did!

These 0211DC irons (5-GW w/ MMT 60g shafts) set up nice for me with that beveled top line, as I have always like the looks of a thinner one. They are long! I've had to drop down at least one club, and in some cases I still hit the ball longer than I expect or want. The ball just jumps off the face. For a cast iron, they feel just as "soft" and maybe more "solid" than the forged Apex irons they are now replacing and very forgiving. Fortunately, I was able to upgrade to the GP CP2 Pro grips for only $10/club and saved on shipping by having them sent to the then recently opened Dallas store. With the drop in prices, I just may have to consider looking at the Gen 3 0311 irons, having one set or the other as a backup.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

I just got my 0211DC 7i-PW on Friday, and played 9 with them today. Only a few swings so far, but I am pretty happy with my shots. The adjustment period should be pretty short, and I think I will get more distance from them than I did with my previous set.

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

I put mine on a lie and loft machine today and discovered that the 5 iron is 19 degrees and the 6 iron is 23 degrees.  The rest of the irons were the correct loft, but the lies were considerably off with several 3 degrees upright.  The metal in the hosel is very soft so make sure you have someone who know what they are doing and has a light touch.  I wondered why I was hitting the 5 iron like an old 2 iron!

I think a smart golfer should have their lies and lofts checked when the clubs first arrive and at least once per year regardless of the brand.  

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree Fubuki stiff shaft. 

XXIO 3 wood 

XXIO 20 degree 4 hybrid

XXIO 23 degree 5 hybrid

PXG 0211 DC 6 thru GW MMT stiff shafts

PXG 0211 DC 54 degree sand wedge MMT shaft

Taylormade Hi-toe MG 60. 

Putter:  Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour lined.