Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PXG 0211 Driver - Maximum Safe Temperature?

I have a PXG 0211 driver with hot melt that I'd like to move. My idea would be to put the head in the oven, soften the hot melt and have it resettle in a different position. 

What's the maximum safe temperature for this head that would melt and flow the hot melt without damaging the head?

If it were me I'd get in touch with PXG; they seem to be pretty on top of their products, specs, etc.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

Id stay away from the oven they with the significant amount of carbon fiber in the head as part of the design, 

Hot metal can be moved easily with a butane torch or even a propane torch with applications of heat in 10 on 5 off intervals. about 3 -4 times in a row. The trick is to holf the club in the position you want the goo to flow too not from.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 8:55 PM, Bobbers said:

If it were me I'd get in touch with PXG; they seem to be pretty on top of their products, specs, etc.

PXG is taking the standard line of "any modification voids warranty and is not recommended" - even though their tour vans probably hotmelt heads on a regular basis.

4 hours ago, cycleguy55 said:

PXG is taking the standard line of "any modification voids warranty and is not recommended" - even though their tour vans probably hotmelt heads on a regular basis.

That's disappointing.  Although in another sense you can appreciate how many heads might be ruined by do-it-yourself people who'd then love to turn around and blame PXG.  Sorry I suggested them as a resource without thinking it through.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

5 hours ago, cycleguy55 said:

Well the tour vans are completely different ball games than retail. They also don’t remove the hot melt once it’s in. The amount of hot melt used is very specific to achieve a specific result for a golfer. If that golfer changes anything they use a different.

Sorry but comparing your situation and their stance against what their tour vans do is kind of a big stretch 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1