TESTERS WANTED! ×

SuperSpeed vs The Stack - Getoffmylawn's Thoughts

GolfSpy AFG

First, thanks for a nice comparison.  I have some questions:  Are you seeing actual gains while using Stack?  How many times a week are the protocols and how many swings in each protocol?  Is there a way to do maintenance with it?  Which is harder on your body, in your opinion.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

First, thanks for a nice comparison.  I have some questions:  Are you seeing actual gains while using Stack?  How many times a week are the protocols and how many swings in each protocol?  Is there a way to do maintenance with it?  Which is harder on your body, in your opinion.

That’s a great first question.  I am seeing actual gains in my ability to swing the Stack faster, but this has been entirely off-season, so I don’t have a good answer for you as far as “on the course”…I’ll provide that update here later when I have a sample size worth reporting on.

The protocols are basically 3 times a week; the app tells you when to do your next workout and you can set it to push you reminders.  The first few sessions were very low volume but once I got into the meat of Foundations (the first program) it was never more than 28 swings.  For instance, my very last workout was 8 swings at 255 grams, 2 sets of 8 swings at 75 grams, followed by 4 swings at 195 grams.

I found SuperSpeed harder on the body for a number of reasons.  1). Generally a higher volume of total swings; 2) Non-dominant swings, which I know SuperSpeed swears by but The Stack doesn’t prescribe at all (which is interesting given The Stack was invented by the world’s foremost golf biomechanist), and 3) the Stack app times each rep and counts down for you so you’re taking the proper rest between swings, whereas the SuperSpeed protocol videos seem to want you to just bang them out.

As to maintenance, yes, there is a program called Cruiser built for that purpose.  Here’s a screenshot and a link if you want to read up on all of the programs:

703752EB-B585-4A17-8768-65725FE3C46F.png.e616ae56533330fc8d46868b0836c176.png

https://www.thestacksystem.com/pages/protocols

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Excellent - 

Thanks!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice review.   What swing speed radar do you use?   I've using "Swing Speed Radar" by Sports Sensors which I bought with Super Speed sticks.  I find it having too many misreads and have gave up on it.  (Not on the training).   I wish I had instant feedback.   I do hit balls daily on a LM, so I've been tracking club speed/ball speed increases that way.  Just not during the speed training itself.   I would love a reliable swing speed radar.

• 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro

18 minutes ago, pakman92 said:

Nice review.   What swing speed radar do you use?   I've using "Swing Speed Radar" by Sports Sensors which I bought with Super Speed sticks.  I find it having too many misreads and have gave up on it.  (Not on the training).   I wish I had instant feedback.   I do hit balls daily on a LM, so I've been tracking club speed/ball speed increases that way.  Just not during the speed training itself.   I would love a reliable swing speed radar.

I have the VoiceCaddie SC200+.  I used to use the Sports Sensors radar but upgraded.  I actually messaged The Stack team concerning this and was advised that they’ll both work fine, as will the PRGR and others, but was advised the SC200+ was significantly more accurate.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Hayes this is awesome man!  Thanks for doing this comparison.  I am a SuperSpeed user and believer.  But you've highlighted a very good argument for the Stack system with the AI app.  I don't think I realized it was that built out for recommending changes to the program and helping you during the sessions themselves.  

An app to track the data is the one thing I wish SuperSpeed would have.  I have charts like you showed that I made in excel to track my workout progress and it's sort of a pain in the rear to remember, write them down between sessions, and then go transcribe them into a tracking sheet and try to review them.  I like that The Stack app gives you the visuals (after you still input the data, that can't be defeated easily) and can recommend changes to the program based on your results.  Really cool!

Looking forward to seeing your progress with both and further comparison between the two.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Hayes this is awesome man!  Thanks for doing this comparison.  I am a SuperSpeed user and believer.  But you've highlighted a very good argument for the Stack system with the AI app.  I don't think I realized it was that built out for recommending changes to the program and helping you during the sessions themselves.  

An app to track the data is the one thing I wish SuperSpeed would have.  I have charts like you showed that I made in excel to track my workout progress and it's sort of a pain in the rear to remember, write them down between sessions, and then go transcribe them into a tracking sheet and try to review them.  I like that The Stack app gives you the visuals (after you still input the data, that can't be defeated easily) and can recommend changes to the program based on your results.  Really cool!

Looking forward to seeing your progress with both and further comparison between the two.

Data entry is easy with the stack app. You speak the swing speed number to your cell phone and it logs it for you after each swing. 

As another person who used SuperSpeed (built DIY sticks) and own the Stack. I consider the cost as mostly paying for the software - evolving routines (I didn't even know the Cruiser and Flex programs were added), data collection and trending. As well as supporting the research of the creator who is continuing to tweak existing programs and create new ones based on the data from thousands of Stack users as they complete programs. 

You are essentially being trained with customized programs by the most experienced researcher in golf biomechanics who is a former track and field competitor and +2 handicap. Other than the SuperSpeed C club, I don't think their routines have ever changed or expanded since they were created. I received a call from Sasho and spent 30 minutes on the phone with him one night discussing my results, launch monitors, and potential issues with the software. I doubt you will receive comparable levels of customer service with any other speed training system. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

@BMart519just covered it, but the voice dictation capability of the app is great.  As much as I miss nerding out with my spreadsheet sometimes, the ease of data entry can’t be beat.  I use an SC200+ and I’ve actually had the app pick up the voice narration from the radar…I never had to say a word.

And yea, the customer service and responsiveness is great..I’ve DM’d via IG countless times with questions and feedback and always get thorough and rapid responses.

You guys got me thinking.  I'm way more interested in The Stack now than I was before this comparison.  If I'm able to find one used, any issues with using the app?  Do you need a code for registration or anything?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

You guys got me thinking.  I'm way more interested in The Stack now than I was before this comparison.  If I'm able to find one used, any issues with using the app?  Do you need a code for registration or anything?

You download the app from the App Store like any other, but to unlock it, the code is the serial number of your stick, imprinted where the weights go.

Glad this has helped; keep me/us posted!

I have an Orange Whip LightSpeed which I honestly have not used all that much.... Been focusing on more fundamental / foundational aspects of improving my swing (lessons + practice) before I get too deep into speed training .. but when I do get to that point gonna keep Stack in mind .. good info, thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Thank you very much for the review @Getoffmylawn. Certainly some intriguing information! I really like the idea of the workout being tailored to you personally.

21 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Other than the SuperSpeed C club, I don't think their routines have ever changed or expanded since they were created.

There actually have been some tweaks to the routines for SuperSpeed - no more kneeling swings and reduced number of swings in later protocols. There might be other changes, but these were the most obvious to me at first glance. To access the updated protocols, you now need to register at train.superspeed.com.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 4/13/2022 at 8:16 AM, MaxEntropy said:

Thank you very much for the review @Getoffmylawn. Certainly some intriguing information! I really like the idea of the workout being tailored to you personally.

There actually have been some tweaks to the routines for SuperSpeed - no more kneeling swings and reduced number of swings in later protocols. There might be other changes, but these were the most obvious to me at first glance. To access the updated protocols, you now need to register at train.superspeed.com.

That’s true, the protocols did change some, to include less overall swings and some new types of swings.  They’re still adamant about non-dominant stuff, which is interesting to say the least.  I should say, I’ve also found SuperSpeed to be very responsive and customer-friendly when I’ve contacted them with questions.  They have a great product, I just happen to believe The Stack is better.  Kind of a Chevy vs Cadillac dynamic…

16 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

They’re still adamant about non-dominant stuff, which is interesting to say the least.

I have mixed feelings about the non-dominant and most of the time feel really awkward doing them, but at least it seems logical to me from the standpoint of it being more balanced on the body. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

14 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Kind of a Chevy be Cadillac dynamic…

I think this is the right analogy and one is likely to make gains with both but from a features and likely effectiveness stand point the Stack is a step above. Thanks for sharing the comparisons between the too systems and hope you start bombing it on the course soon.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 9:48 AM, MaxEntropy said:

I have mixed feelings about the non-dominant and most of the time feel really awkward doing them, but at least it seems logical to me from the standpoint of it being more balanced on the body. 

I agree with this - it makes sense logically to me as well. I just wonder about the number of swings that SS calls for both dominant and non-dominant.  It doesn’t make sense to me that a 65 year old male would find the greatest benefit from the same program as a 25 year old professional athlete.

Edited by revkev
I have fumble fingers

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

8 minutes ago, revkev said:

I agree with this - it makes sense igicallybto me as well. I just wonder about the number of swings that SS calls for both dominant and non-dominant.  It doesn’t make sense to me that a 65 year old male would find the greatest benefit from the same program as a 25 year old professional athlete.

EXACTLY.  Good training but certainly not optimized per individual, and even after the protocol revisions they still seem pretty high volume 

Alright - I made a deal on a used Stack System (thanks golfspy_cg2).  It should be arriving Monday which is perfect as we are about to have our fist week of 90 degree/70 percent humidity weather this year. 🙂

I'm anxious to give this a whirl - Looking back over my records from pre-Super Speed days I've retained nearly a 10 mph increase in driver SS.  I'd love to pick up 5 mph more over the course of the summer (which is my offseason BTW).  Let the fun begin.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have a Superspeed set I haven't started using yet, but after reading this I'm very intrigued by the stack system.  Not so much for the protocols but more for the app and ease of use.

So went and tweeted at Superspeed about an app and they actually replied and said they are working on it.  It'd be very nice to just watch a quick video, then repeat it in real life and enter input numbers as I go.  Hopefully it comes out soon.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

12 hours ago, revkev said:

Alright - I made a deal on a used Stack System (thanks golfspy_cg2).  It should be arriving Monday which is perfect as we are about to have our fist week of 90 degree/70 percent humidity weather this year. 🙂

I'm anxious to give this a whirl - Looking back over my records from pre-Super Speed days I've retained nearly a 10 mph increase in driver SS.  I'd love to pick up 5 mph more over the course of the summer (which is my offseason BTW).  Let the fun begin.

Awesome; excited to hear your feedback.

9 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I have a Superspeed set I haven't started using yet, but after reading this I'm very intrigued by the stack system.  Not so much for the protocols but more for the app and ease of use.

So went and tweeted at Superspeed about an app and they actually replied and said they are working on it.  It'd be very nice to just watch a quick video, then repeat it in real life and enter input numbers as I go.  Hopefully it comes out soon.

Now THAT is an interesting development…wondering if a SuperSpeed app will be strictly for logging workouts and tracking progress, or if it will try to mirror the Stack concept and allow for tailoring of protocols?  Of course they’re limited  in their ability to tailor given that the weight of the sticks are fixed, but sets & reps could be adjusted I guess. 

I've received mine and will be doing my initial session tomorrow - it's been a very busy week - my golf team has its last match this afternoon - at my club of all places.  Should be fun.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay completed my baseline test today. A couple of observations. 

I messed up and made the first 10 swings with the 195 grams of weight on. I hope that doesn’t mess me up too much in regards to the start of my program.   It ended up being right about my normal average driver swing speed but I’m normally faster than my average speed with dry driver swings.

My potential distance was a ridiculous 280 - have any of you regular stack users found the actual correlation between that number and your actual driver distance? 

It was fun. I liked not having to swing lefty although I did in my warm up. I still will do sone opposite side swings because I think they are helpful. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

12 minutes ago, revkev said:

I messed up and made the first 10 swings with the 195 grams of weight on. I hope that doesn’t mess me up too much in regards to the start of my program.   It ended up being right about my normal average driver swing speed but I’m normally faster than my average speed with dry driver swings.

My potential distance was a ridiculous 280 - have any of you regular stack users found the actual correlation between that number and your actual driver distance? 

It was fun. I liked not having to swing lefty although I did in my warm up. I still will do sone opposite side swings because I think they are helpful. 

I don't have any real rounds under my belt, but I had a potential distance of 344 at one point, and I can tell you I ain't sniffing 344.  That said, I understand that number to reflect your distance potential if you achieved optimum launch conditions (spin, launch angle) in an optimum environment (wind, temps, etc.).

I feel pretty good today after doing the baseline. Definitely better than the day after a superspeed workout. 

I think the description of and demonstration of what they mean by full effort swing is extremely helpful.  I tried to think of hitting it as hard as possible on number 10 at my club.  Big fairway, big par 5, the only issue is a pot bunker which I can carry so long as I catch my drive solidly. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I did superspeed for about 8 months and recently started using the stack. 

I took notes in a notebook and transferred some of it to a google spreadsheet. I’m not a statistician, but it seemed to me that I made marginal gains, but they were inconsistant, and it didn’t transfer to the course that often. (Well that or my own internal bias of driver distance gets in the way.) I can try to download the data for anyone who wants to see. 

After going on with the Stack, it’s hard to describe but I feel much ‘stronger’ with my driver right now, even just 7 sessions in. I think there is something to the heavy and light swings together that I was missing when a  majority of my effort was with the lighter sticks. I’ve had a few drives this season that we’re already big for me and I’ve only gotten out three times.

I’m excited to see the longevity of the stack  system  

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

1 hour ago, AndySP said:

I did superspeed for about 8 months and recently started using the stack. 

I took notes in a notebook and transferred some of it to a google spreadsheet. I’m not a statistician, but it seemed to me that I made marginal gains, but they were inconsistant, and it didn’t transfer to the course that often. (Well that or my own internal bias of driver distance gets in the way.) I can try to download the data for anyone who wants to see. 

After going on with the Stack, it’s hard to describe but I feel much ‘stronger’ with my driver right now, even just 7 sessions in. I think there is something to the heavy and light swings together that I was missing when a  majority of my effort was with the lighter sticks. I’ve had a few drives this season that we’re already big for me and I’ve only gotten out three times.

I’m excited to see the longevity of the stack  system  

Thanks - I did see noticeable gains from SuoerSpeed but I was also a part of the original test group. Some of that gain stuck once I stopped and it got most if not all of what I had after 26 weeks back when I started up again last year. But it seems as if I’ve hit a peak and the number of swings necessary is really rough on my old body. 

I noticed that my first STAK protocol calls for about 18 swings of varying weights. I can handle that way better than the 50 plus swings in the more advanced superspeed protocols. 

Or at least I think that I will be able to 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

18 hours ago, revkev said:

My Stack distance potential is 325 and Shot Scope P AVG with driver of 282 from last half of season. I did hit the most drives over 300 yards ever last year on course, including 8 over 320. I admit most were helped by either downwind, elevation change, firm conditions, and on at least 1 occasion - cart path. 

2 weeks ago I hit a drive on GC Quad in neutral conditions (flat, no wind) that crossed 300 yards. It was 2100 rpm back spin at 157 mph ball speed (around 105 club). 

IMO the potential distance is overstated by 25-30 yards MINIMUM and represents hitting a high launch low spin drive on medium - firm conditions. 

But, this is due to the fact it is using your swing speed without a ball which is often 6-7 MPH faster than hitting a ball. If I was magically able to hit a ball at 111-112 MPH, I'm sure I would hit a lot of 320 yard drives at 3500 ft elevation in dry conditions. But its impossible for any golfer to match their max swing speed with a ball compared to without which is what Stack measures. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

3 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

My Stack distance potential is 325 and Shot Scope P AVG with driver of 282 from last half of season. I did hit the most drives over 300 yards ever last year on course, including 8 over 320. I admit most were helped by either downwind, elevation change, firm conditions, and on at least 1 occasion - cart path. 

2 weeks ago I hit a drive on GC Quad in neutral conditions (flat, no wind) that crossed 300 yards. It was 2100 rpm back spin at 157 mph ball speed (around 105 club). 

IMO the potential distance is overstated by 25-30 yards MINIMUM and represents hitting a high launch low spin drive on medium - firm conditions. 

But, this is due to the fact it is using your swing speed without a ball which is often 6-7 MPH faster than hitting a ball. If I was magically able to hit a ball at 111-112 MPH, I'm sure I would hit a lot of 320 yard drives at 3500 ft elevation in dry conditions. But its impossible for any golfer to match their max swing speed with a ball compared to without which is what Stack measures. 

That makes perfect sense - throw in that I’m at sea level in wet conditions 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches