Jump to content

SuperSpeed vs The Stack - Getoffmylawn's Thoughts


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, revkev said:

Alright - I made a deal on a used Stack System (thanks golfspy_cg2).  It should be arriving Monday which is perfect as we are about to have our fist week of 90 degree/70 percent humidity weather this year. 🙂

 

I'm anxious to give this a whirl - Looking back over my records from pre-Super Speed days I've retained nearly a 10 mph increase in driver SS.  I'd love to pick up 5 mph more over the course of the summer (which is my offseason BTW).  Let the fun begin.

Awesome; excited to hear your feedback.

  • Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I have a Superspeed set I haven't started using yet, but after reading this I'm very intrigued by the stack system.  Not so much for the protocols but more for the app and ease of use.

So went and tweeted at Superspeed about an app and they actually replied and said they are working on it.  It'd be very nice to just watch a quick video, then repeat it in real life and enter input numbers as I go.  Hopefully it comes out soon.

Now THAT is an interesting development…wondering if a SuperSpeed app will be strictly for logging workouts and tracking progress, or if it will try to mirror the Stack concept and allow for tailoring of protocols?  Of course they’re limited  in their ability to tailor given that the weight of the sticks are fixed, but sets & reps could be adjusted I guess. 

  • Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've received mine and will be doing my initial session tomorrow - it's been a very busy week - my golf team has its last match this afternoon - at my club of all places.  Should be fun.

  • Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay completed my baseline test today. A couple of observations. 
 

I messed up and made the first 10 swings with the 195 grams of weight on. I hope that doesn’t mess me up too much in regards to the start of my program.   It ended up being right about my normal average driver swing speed but I’m normally faster than my average speed with dry driver swings.

 

My potential distance was a ridiculous 280 - have any of you regular stack users found the actual correlation between that number and your actual driver distance? 


It was fun. I liked not having to swing lefty although I did in my warm up. I still will do sone opposite side swings because I think they are helpful. 

  • Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, revkev said:

Okay completed my baseline test today. A couple of observations. 
 

I messed up and made the first 10 swings with the 195 grams of weight on. I hope that doesn’t mess me up too much in regards to the start of my program.   It ended up being right about my normal average driver swing speed but I’m normally faster than my average speed with dry driver swings.

 

My potential distance was a ridiculous 280 - have any of you regular stack users found the actual correlation between that number and your actual driver distance? 


It was fun. I liked not having to swing lefty although I did in my warm up. I still will do sone opposite side swings because I think they are helpful. 

I don't have any real rounds under my belt, but I had a potential distance of 344 at one point, and I can tell you I ain't sniffing 344.  That said, I understand that number to reflect your distance potential if you achieved optimum launch conditions (spin, launch angle) in an optimum environment (wind, temps, etc.).

  • Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel pretty good today after doing the baseline. Definitely better than the day after a superspeed workout. 
 

I think the description of and demonstration of what they mean by full effort swing is extremely helpful.  I tried to think of hitting it as hard as possible on number 10 at my club.  Big fairway, big par 5, the only issue is a pot bunker which I can carry so long as I catch my drive solidly. 

  • Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did superspeed for about 8 months and recently started using the stack. 

I took notes in a notebook and transferred some of it to a google spreadsheet. I’m not a statistician, but it seemed to me that I made marginal gains, but they were inconsistant, and it didn’t transfer to the course that often. (Well that or my own internal bias of driver distance gets in the way.) I can try to download the data for anyone who wants to see. 
 

After going on with the Stack, it’s hard to describe but I feel much ‘stronger’ with my driver right now, even just 7 sessions in. I think there is something to the heavy and light swings together that I was missing when a  majority of my effort was with the lighter sticks. I’ve had a few drives this season that we’re already big for me and I’ve only gotten out three times.

 

I’m excited to see the longevity of the stack  system  

 

  • Like 1

:ping-small: g400 lst

:callaway-small: x2 hot pro 17* :taylormade-small:M4 22* hybrid

New Level PF-2 p-7, 902 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AndySP said:

I did superspeed for about 8 months and recently started using the stack. 

I took notes in a notebook and transferred some of it to a google spreadsheet. I’m not a statistician, but it seemed to me that I made marginal gains, but they were inconsistant, and it didn’t transfer to the course that often. (Well that or my own internal bias of driver distance gets in the way.) I can try to download the data for anyone who wants to see. 
 

After going on with the Stack, it’s hard to describe but I feel much ‘stronger’ with my driver right now, even just 7 sessions in. I think there is something to the heavy and light swings together that I was missing when a  majority of my effort was with the lighter sticks. I’ve had a few drives this season that we’re already big for me and I’ve only gotten out three times.

 

I’m excited to see the longevity of the stack  system  

 

Thanks - I did see noticeable gains from SuoerSpeed but I was also a part of the original test group. Some of that gain stuck once I stopped and it got most if not all of what I had after 26 weeks back when I started up again last year. But it seems as if I’ve hit a peak and the number of swings necessary is really rough on my old body. 
 

I noticed that my first STAK protocol calls for about 18 swings of varying weights. I can handle that way better than the 50 plus swings in the more advanced superspeed protocols. 
 

Or at least I think that I will be able to 

  • Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, revkev said:

Okay completed my baseline test today. A couple of observations. 
 

I messed up and made the first 10 swings with the 195 grams of weight on. I hope that doesn’t mess me up too much in regards to the start of my program.   It ended up being right about my normal average driver swing speed but I’m normally faster than my average speed with dry driver swings.

 

My potential distance was a ridiculous 280 - have any of you regular stack users found the actual correlation between that number and your actual driver distance? 


It was fun. I liked not having to swing lefty although I did in my warm up. I still will do sone opposite side swings because I think they are helpful. 

My Stack distance potential is 325 and Shot Scope P AVG with driver of 282 from last half of season. I did hit the most drives over 300 yards ever last year on course, including 8 over 320. I admit most were helped by either downwind, elevation change, firm conditions, and on at least 1 occasion - cart path. 

2 weeks ago I hit a drive on GC Quad in neutral conditions (flat, no wind) that crossed 300 yards. It was 2100 rpm back spin at 157 mph ball speed (around 105 club). 

IMO the potential distance is overstated by 25-30 yards MINIMUM and represents hitting a high launch low spin drive on medium - firm conditions. 

But, this is due to the fact it is using your swing speed without a ball which is often 6-7 MPH faster than hitting a ball. If I was magically able to hit a ball at 111-112 MPH, I'm sure I would hit a lot of 320 yard drives at 3500 ft elevation in dry conditions. But its impossible for any golfer to match their max swing speed with a ball compared to without which is what Stack measures. 

  • Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H and sometimes 5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

My Stack distance potential is 325 and Shot Scope P AVG with driver of 282 from last half of season. I did hit the most drives over 300 yards ever last year on course, including 8 over 320. I admit most were helped by either downwind, elevation change, firm conditions, and on at least 1 occasion - cart path. 

2 weeks ago I hit a drive on GC Quad in neutral conditions (flat, no wind) that crossed 300 yards. It was 2100 rpm back spin at 157 mph ball speed (around 105 club). 

IMO the potential distance is overstated by 25-30 yards MINIMUM and represents hitting a high launch low spin drive on medium - firm conditions. 

But, this is due to the fact it is using your swing speed without a ball which is often 6-7 MPH faster than hitting a ball. If I was magically able to hit a ball at 111-112 MPH, I'm sure I would hit a lot of 320 yard drives at 3500 ft elevation in dry conditions. But its impossible for any golfer to match their max swing speed with a ball compared to without which is what Stack measures. 

That makes perfect sense - throw in that I’m at sea level in wet conditions 

  • Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So next question - has anyone played a round post workout? These aren’t as tough on the body as superspeed but they are still a workout,

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 4:54 PM, revkev said:

So next question - has anyone played a round post workout? These aren’t as tough on the body as superspeed but they are still a workout,

Hey, sorry, just saw this post.  I know you and I messaged about this...what did you end up doing and how did the round go?

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, sorry, just saw this post.  I know you and I messaged about this...what did you end up doing and how did the round go?

I ended up doing the workout but I got very sick afterwards (stomach bug) and never made it out on the course.  

I'm going through exactly what I did with Superspeed right now where my timing is out of sync a bit.  Interestingly it's a very different issue than Superspeed though.  I'm way too quick with my wrists right now and flipping the ball more than a little bit with driver.  I still shot 75 on Sunday though mainly because I can manage a hook and my short game was off the charts good - that was a 75 with two penalty shots.  I only had 25 putts which sounds as if I putted lights out but I had three birdie putts inside of 5 feet and several chips that were stone dead tap ins.  Anything under 8 iron was getting close all day. 

  • Like 3

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning - I'm curious if any of you using Stack or SuperSpeed have found that the aggressive swinging without a ball has let some bad tendencies creep into your swing over time?  I swung a RypStick (same basic concept) all winter inside never seeing a golf ball until a few weeks ago.  While my swing speed increased I developed a serious casting move or over the top... I just kept swinging harder to see the numbers on the radar - but when I got a ball in front of me I started firing off hosel rockets.  I'm just curious if thats just me, or an experience of others?

  • Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Good morning - I'm curious if any of you using Stack or SuperSpeed have found that the aggressive swinging without a ball has let some bad tendencies creep into your swing over time?  I swung a RypStick (same basic concept) all winter inside never seeing a golf ball until a few weeks ago.  While my swing speed increased I developed a serious casting move or over the top... I just kept swinging harder to see the numbers on the radar - but when I got a ball in front of me I started firing off hosel rockets.  I'm just curious if thats just me, or an experience of others?

It's been a long time since I lived in a place where I would take an extended time away from swinging a club.  I do recall that weird things happened between seasons some years.  After a while I got in the habit of taking a lesson at the start of the season with my pro checking the basics for me - grip, ball position, alignment because its almost always something small and trying to self diagnose could make it harder to fix long term.

 

Having written that I think that many of us have experienced temporary glitches while doing overspeed training.  If you read my post above I'm having one right now.  I'm confident it will work itself out in a week or two.

  • Like 2

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, revkev said:

It's been a long time since I lived in a place where I would take an extended time away from swinging a club.  I do recall that weird things happened between seasons some years.  After a while I got in the habit of taking a lesson at the start of the season with my pro checking the basics for me - grip, ball position, alignment because its almost always something small and trying to self diagnose could make it harder to fix long term.

 

Having written that I think that many of us have experienced temporary glitches while doing overspeed training.  If you read my post above I'm having one right now.  I'm confident it will work itself out in a week or two.

Yes, I saw that (glitch) that in part why I was asking.  Seeing if there is a common problem.

Unfortunately Iowa winters are not conducive to swinging a club - other than in the garage or basement...  Need to find an indoor simulator next winter.  

I put away the Rypstick for three weeks and just practiced with a SmartBall - working on keeping "connected" and that has restored some confidence - but wow, repliving that scene from the driving range in Tin Cup where everyone is looking down the line to see where that wayward shot came from has been very unnerving...

 

 

  • Like 2

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Good morning - I'm curious if any of you using Stack or SuperSpeed have found that the aggressive swinging without a ball has let some bad tendencies creep into your swing over time?  I swung a RypStick (same basic concept) all winter inside never seeing a golf ball until a few weeks ago.  While my swing speed increased I developed a serious casting move or over the top... I just kept swinging harder to see the numbers on the radar - but when I got a ball in front of me I started firing off hosel rockets.  I'm just curious if thats just me, or an experience of others?

Opposite for me. Using the stack all winter I experimented with different swing thoughts, tempos, and techniques which seemed to help me improve my sequencing and general pre-shot routine. In 2021, my strokes gained off the tee were that of an 8 Index while I played off 11-13. This winter COVID, vacation, and soft tissue injuries got in the way of the Stack and my driver is a big struggle to start the year. 

  • Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H and sometimes 5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Good morning - I'm curious if any of you using Stack or SuperSpeed have found that the aggressive swinging without a ball has let some bad tendencies creep into your swing over time?  I swung a RypStick (same basic concept) all winter inside never seeing a golf ball until a few weeks ago.  While my swing speed increased I developed a serious casting move or over the top... I just kept swinging harder to see the numbers on the radar - but when I got a ball in front of me I started firing off hosel rockets.  I'm just curious if thats just me, or an experience of others?

That happened to me in my speed journey. Getting lessons to get back on track. I think if you keep the swing thoughts you need while training, it could help instead of ripping full bore. 

  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" (Testing '22 AV Blue and White 65X)

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35" (Backup: :1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Yes, I saw that (glitch) that in part why I was asking.  Seeing if there is a common problem.

Unfortunately Iowa winters are not conducive to swinging a club - other than in the garage or basement...  Need to find an indoor simulator next winter.  

I put away the Rypstick for three weeks and just practiced with a SmartBall - working on keeping "connected" and that has restored some confidence - but wow, repliving that scene from the driving range in Tin Cup where everyone is looking down the line to see where that wayward shot came from has been very unnerving...

 

 

I think we've all been there and done that at one point or another.  🙂

  • Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Good morning - I'm curious if any of you using Stack or SuperSpeed have found that the aggressive swinging without a ball has let some bad tendencies creep into your swing over time?  I swung a RypStick (same basic concept) all winter inside never seeing a golf ball until a few weeks ago.  While my swing speed increased I developed a serious casting move or over the top... I just kept swinging harder to see the numbers on the radar - but when I got a ball in front of me I started firing off hosel rockets.  I'm just curious if thats just me, or an experience of others?

Like most have already stated here, yes.  I've read Sasho MacKenzie, and the SuperSpeed guys, say that speed training should have no ill effects on your swing, but I believe the HUGE caveat there is that you continue to play and practice.  Like others have said, I've struggled for two springs now coming out of speed training during the winter...largely a tendency to really fly open and not stay behind the ball maintaining my spine angle long enough.  I keep saying I'll do Orange Whip swings to try and maintain tempo but I have yet to actually follow through with that.  

Not a reason not to speed train for me, just something I expect to deal with each year until I can get a simulator or an assignment to a warmer state!

  • Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...