TESTERS WANTED! ×

Lighter Faster Farther? Do you believe this is true?

IONEPUTT

On 4/13/2022 at 2:15 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

This is exactly the type of post I wanted to avoid and has become common in several threads recently.

What I can say, is we do not call out members like this. This is not within our moral guidlines and not what the MGS forum is about. Period. 

... I have always felt like a simple common sense guideline is treat every poster like a friend you are talking with at a family function face to face. Not someone at a bar you don't know and after a couple of drinks in a disagreement, you may be far less than cordial. These latter members either make it to my "I just don't read their replies" or if consistently egregious, my ignore list. MGS is filled with 99% members that are respectful of others opinions or discussion points and as always, the 1% can sometimes seem to be the loudest. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, scooterhd2 said:

Tried and true here. As long as length is not changed or either shafts having some odd counterbalancing. Personally a big fan of heavier shafts. The golf motion is so much easier when there is weight or resistance. 

image.png.ff788503bd32adc0c7e369d7099622a5.png

I appreciate  you posted what you did. What you just posted is exactly what I posted on swing weight change going from either a lighter shaft to a heavier shaft or the other way around. But when I posted my statement of fact I got attacked from all sides by at least half a dozen people on this site. I'm a bit surprised no one have attacked your post yet. Maybe they will in time.  It's only been an hour. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I have always felt like a simple common sense guideline is treat every poster like a friend you are talking with at a family function face to face. Not someone at a bar you don't know and after a couple of drinks in a disagreement, you may be far less than cordial. These latter members either make it to my "I just don't read their replies" or if consistently egregious, my ignore list. MGS is filled with 99% members that are respectful of others opinions or discussion points and as always, the 1% can sometimes seem to be the loudest. 

I agree with you chisag. And it would be nice to GET treated that way as well. Unfortunately just about every time I post any thing on this forum, I get attacked within minute by others here when all I was doing was posting the truth. Maybe if all of the members that continue to attack me would treat me with some respect, I might be willing to be nice to them as well. Nice idea you posted, BUT it will only work if it goes "BOTH WAYS'.  

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

A few years back, I went to Club Champion for a driver fitting.  I hit a variety of clubs with different shafts and shaft weights.  It was very apparent the heavier weighted shafts performed a lot better for me than the lightweight shafts!  The lighter shafts were much more difficult to hit with consistency.

Regarding club swing weights, I think it was Jack N. who observed that a telephone pole can be swing weighted to a D-3.  There are so many variables, grip weight, clubhead weight and shaft weighting.  It is worth the money to get properly fitted to your golf clubs with a club fitting professional!!! 

WITB  -  Mizuno driver and irons and EVNROLL putter or SEEMORE putter depending on the day.

12 minutes ago, IONEPUTT said:

I appreciate  you posted what you did. What you just posted is exactly what I posted on swing weight change going from either a lighter shaft to a heavier shaft or the other way around. But when I posted my statement of fact I got attacked from all sides by at least half a dozen people on this site. I'm a bit surprised no one have attacked your post yet. Maybe they will in time.  It's only been an hour. 

I've found MGS to be a very friendly, open, and knowledgeable forum.

Honestly, sometimes your point is better made when people disagree and challenge it, more facts are brought into the discussion, people research topics and bring in resources and there's some resolution. Yes, someone was right. Yes, someone was wrong. But the people in error and the people just reading along probably learned something. Sometimes that's more impactful then readers nodding their head and skipping to the next thread. I'm not advocating fights or attacking posts, but discourse is not a bad thing, and it doesn't need to be personal. Its an internet forum. Nobody knows you, your golf experience, your club building experience, and so your word, just like mine or anybody else's, regardless of post count, is not absolute and undisputable. 

At the end of the day, whats the point of being right on a MGS forum in the first place? Theres no bonus points for being right. Theres no credibility scale that jumps up. We dont have user ratings. The whole point of being right is to help others realize fact from fiction and boost their own knowledge base. So lets focus on that and continue to learn and grow together.

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

35 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

I've found MGS to be a very friendly, open, and knowledgeable forum.

Honestly, sometimes your point is better made when people disagree and challenge it, more facts are brought into the discussion, people research topics and bring in resources and there's some resolution. Yes, someone was right. Yes, someone was wrong. But the people in error and the people just reading along probably learned something. Sometimes that's more impactful then readers nodding their head and skipping to the next thread. I'm not advocating fights or attacking posts, but discourse is not a bad thing, and it doesn't need to be personal. Its an internet forum. Nobody knows you, your golf experience, your club building experience, and so your word, just like mine or anybody else's, regardless of post count, is not absolute and undisputable. 

At the end of the day, whats the point of being right on a MGS forum in the first place? Theres no bonus points for being right. Theres no credibility scale that jumps up. We dont have user ratings. The whole point of being right is to help others realize fact from fiction and boost their own knowledge base. So lets focus on that and continue to learn and grow together.

It would seem that your experience on this site have the exact opposite of what I have found here. Pretty much every time I try to say anything, I get attacked withing minure from half a dozen people if not more.  NO one here treats me friendly, they just want to argue and say that i'm worng or that my data from my testing doen't mean anything as it's only me, and I don't count. If i was to do the math, I'd have to say that about 95% of the replies to what I post is Negative and dis-respectful of my facts or data. I don't see that as being freindly in the least. I came to this site to pass on what I've learned over the last 20 years playing golf and working on golf clubs, but all I get is people wanting to tell me i'm wrong or my test results don't count.  Just now worth the effort to educate the golfers on this site if all they do is argue and rarely post and data to back up what they post. To be honest, I have better things to do with my time and knowledge base than argue with people just for the sake of arguing. 

1 hour ago, IONEPUTT said:

It would seem that your experience on this site have the exact opposite of what I have found here. Pretty much every time I try to say anything, I get attacked withing minure from half a dozen people if not more.  NO one here treats me friendly, they just want to argue and say that i'm worng or that my data from my testing doen't mean anything as it's only me, and I don't count. If i was to do the math, I'd have to say that about 95% of the replies to what I post is Negative and dis-respectful of my facts or data. I don't see that as being freindly in the least. I came to this site to pass on what I've learned over the last 20 years playing golf and working on golf clubs, but all I get is people wanting to tell me i'm wrong or my test results don't count.  Just now worth the effort to educate the golfers on this site if all they do is argue and rarely post and data to back up what they post. To be honest, I have better things to do with my time and knowledge base than argue with people just for the sake of arguing. 

Will you please stop with,”the other kids are picking on me” cry.  Its tiresome and if you simply moved on from that. It might actually open your eyes that this is a very congenial and friendly forum when you aren’t looking to start arguments. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

15 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Will you please stop with,”the other kids are picking on me” cry.  Its tiresome and if you simply moved on from that. It might actually open your eyes that this is a very congenial and friendly forum when you aren’t looking to start arguments. 

Aand maybe if YOU would stop criticizing everything I post, i might change me mind and decide there are a few decent people that visit this site. As it is, all I see when I come here is the negative comments that are being posted to every thread I have started. Not at all friendly or congenial. More like hostel. 

7 hours ago, IONEPUTT said:

Aand maybe if YOU would stop criticizing everything I post, i might change me mind and decide there are a few decent people that visit this site. As it is, all I see when I come here is the negative comments that are being posted to every thread I have started. Not at all friendly or congenial. More like hostel. 

🤦🤦

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

As this is the second time mods have had to step in on this thread we are locking it. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)