Which PGA Tour golfer would be best UFC fighter?

Tarheelvolvo

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I mean you said they would fail training, I think they could train for the most part but not many if any could handle the mat. 
although this thread is really just about guesstimating and coming up with dialogue as to why maybe some of them could.

A lot can’t take a lunch in the mouth but there is Definitely a few that could just based on how many people there are playing golf….just like a bar, guarantee there is always at least 1 person ya probably don’t want to throw down with

You got that exactly right; it is the mat that all of them would have a lot of trouble with.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

55 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The only think that woodland and koepka would have is size and maybe some strength. There’s literally nothing about them other than that to indicate they can even fight. So with all your experience you know that those two are getting tapped easily in the gym on a repeated basis by just about everyone in the gym an md probably get knocked out if they tried to brawl.

What even makes you think they could fight? Most people can’t fight and like Mike Tyson said “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

My personal experience comes in USMC hand-to-hand combat.  I saw many guys who I trained in the Corps that looked good in training until they took their first hit or were knocked to the mat, and then they totally fell apart. I was a competitive kickboxer until age 56, when I tore my ACL and MCL, but I would never have dreamed to try MMC, and that is because I could never have handled the grappling/mat work. I was amazed when my son told me that he wanted to do it, because before that time, at about age 25-26, he had never done anything more physical than play lacrosse and soccer (and get in far too many bar fights).  He was a real brawler until Royce Gracie started training him in the late 1990s.

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

9 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

You clearly do not know Gary Woodland; I do!  And he is not that big, but he trains like a MF and behind that quiet, "aw shucks" exterior is a man who could do some serious damage.

He’s 6’1” and about 190. That’s a pretty good sized guy. He might train hard and he could even train with some boxing style workouts but that’s not a guarantee he could fight or take a punch. There’s lots of guys who “spar” yet they get into a real fight and they crumble

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

He’s 6’1” and about 190. That’s a pretty good sized guy. He might train hard and he could even train with some boxing style workouts but that’s not a guarantee he could fight or take a punch. There’s lots of guys who “spar” yet they get into a real fight and they crumble

Yep, that's what I was talking about from when I was in the USMC and training other Marines in hand-to-hand combat. There were big, strong Marines who looked good in training until they got hit, and then it was all over for them. I had one guy who knocked out a couple of my teeth, but after I cold-cocked him and broke his jaw it was completely game over.

BTW, I was the biggest ever in my life (5'-11'+, listed on my ID as 6', and just a shade over 200 lbs when I was in the Marine Corps, and I was pretty damned fit (highest score in my entire platoon in the PT test in Basic Training), but there were plenty of guys who were bigger and stronger than me. I kickboxed as a light heavyweight, never more than 190 lbs, and today at age 73 (74 in March), I keep my weight at 170-173 lbs all of the time.

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler