Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Online iron shaft fitting "?'s"

skyryder

I realize that this effort is full of potential issues, but here goes.  I live in Hong Kong full time, which in the "before time" was actually not so bad from a golf perspective.  I had easy access to some nice courses just across the border and a 3 day trip to Thailand, or Vietnam was not an issue at all.  Last spring I bought a new set of Sub70 699 irons with steel shafts and I also have hit the TM P770/ 799 series.  I love the look of all three, but I just can't seem to get the performance (at least distance) I get from my graphite shafts in the Rogue X irons I have been hitting the last 3 years or so.  I have access to a very good club builder here in HK but he doesn't have a testing/fitting facility.  I also have easy access to Foresight/ Trackman and a few other types of hitting bays to gather data.  The only brick and mortar fitting operations I have found here have limited capability to test different shafts, especially for irons.  My builder recommended finding a shaft I like or want to try and let him put it into a 7 or 8 iron and just hit it a while and see if it works.  That sounds like a good plan, especially since actually being able to get on grass for the time being is out of reach.  I have access to a lot of swing data and it seems pretty consistent across the different platforms, but am curious is anyone could suggest a website that may have a way to plug in some of the numbers and spit out a couple of shaft recommendations to take a look to try out.  Thanks in advance for the feedback

Golfworks has a fitting tool and they cover a lot of shafts.

https://www.golfworks.com/mpf-shaft-worksheet/a/496/

KBS and UST Mamiya have shaft fits. At one point I think true temper and project x had them as well

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, skyryder said:

Last spring I bought a new set of Sub70 699 irons with steel shafts and I also have hit the TM P770/ 799 series.  I love the look of all three, but I just can't seem to get the performance (at least distance) I get from my graphite shafts in the Rogue X irons I have been hitting the last 3 years or so. 

What shafts are in the Rogue X?  Was there a reason you opted not to have the same shafts installed on the 699's? Sounds like that profile fits you well and would be the logical baseline for any contenders.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

You could try:  https://www.truefitclubs.com/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG