Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Tour Edge Staff

fixyurdivot

The folks at Tour Edge have grown the pro staff in the last couple years.  With the addition of Alex Cejka and Mike Weir, they now have an even cooler cross-section of players.  For some reason, their advertising speaks to me.  I like the companies (David Glod) storyline and, based on everything I've read, they offer "under the radar" level of quality and value products. Do they suffer the little guy blues... simply stuck under the BIG's shadows?  Are they largely viewed by consumers as senior player stuff?  It seems to me that's the case on both points.  What do you think?  

image.png.2b8c481cdea3eb368a9c551b893ec326.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Have to agree with the senior player focus. I've played with Tour Edge stuff and it's just as good as the big names, plus it's hard to beat their warranty. I think if they could get 1 or 2 regular tour up and comers to showcase the brand, it could change the landscape for them. 

Total Callaway bag - except putter

I think they're more "under the radar" than anything else. Reviews on their recent driver and iron releases have been incredibly good. In fact I have a few TEE drivers on my eBay watch list right now 😄 I checked out their E722 irons a few weeks ago and I'd put them in my bag easily. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have never seen or hit. But I can remember a few years back they had some rather hot Fairways and Hybrids. A lot of it can be marketing to the demographics of a certain area or an individual course. They seemed to be geared nowadays to the senior market which they have stiff competition with XXIO there. Only dealings I have had with them were not good. A while back I won a TEE stand bag in an event. Nice looking bag but the durability was not there. One of the straps tore where it was sewn to the bag. A guy I knew here had a shop at the time and handled some TEE stuff and he tried to get it warrantied for me. He did have the rep on the phone and first off they wanted a receipt. The guy told them I won it in a tournament. Now I was on the speaker phone with them the whole time. The rep questioned if it was new or not. I told him I assumed so since it was in plastic in a TEE box. They got my address and 2 weeks later I got a letter from them saying it was 2 generations old which I disputed since it looked like the current offerings on the net and they could not warranty it. I wrote them back and sent a copy of the letter and told them cool do not expect any business from me in the future. later on when Golfsmith was closing I was up there looking mostly for any forged Macgregor heads and club building supplies. My wife came over and said they had some "Macgregor" bags on sale. I looked and darn if they were the same bag with Macgregor on them and a "Made In China" label on them. Now that being aside I am brand agnostic and if I found something TEE used I would buy and play but far as purchasing retail Naah. LOL I still have the last laugh I fixed the strap redneck style which made it too small for me to carry but it fits my wife ok so she uses it now what little she plays

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Yes, my take away is that their demographic is 55+ golfers, having such a big stable of Champions Tour Players only reinforces that notion. I've never tried their equipment so I can't really comment on it. I would argue with Stu's comment that they are going to have a tough time going against XXIO. XXIO is taking the PXG route on pricing, while TEE has taken a pricing approach similar to Cobra golf, so I think they have the potential to grow more based on access. Honestly, I have never seen a XXIO product in the wild, but have seen a number of full TEE sets. I guess my concern would be are they going down the road to ruin with so many staffers? I remember Nike saying that having a huge stable of golfers was not a sustainable model any longer, but I'm no expert on golf company financials. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

I guess my concern would be are they going down the road to ruin with so many staffers? I remember Nike saying that having a huge stable of golfers was not a sustainable model any longer, but I'm no expert on golf company financials. 

Given that it’s the senior tour, probably not. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game