TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG 0311 GEN5 and Full Bag Fit Experience

Cory O

Hi all. Next week I’m going to be doing a full bag fit with PXG for their new 0311 GEN5 lineup. I’ll be writing about the fit and the clubs themselves here. Any questions out there or something you’d be interested in hearing about?

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

Yes - are you going to Scottsdale, or ___? Also, please compare & contrast the process .. good and not as good parts .. vs other fittings you've done on the past. Thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Yes - are you going to Scottsdale, or ___? Also, please compare & contrast the process .. good and not as good parts .. vs other fittings you've done on the past. Thx!

Not Scottsdale, outdoor range fit at Industry Hills out here in LA. Generally they do fits with a Trackman

6 hours ago, Cory O said:

Hi all. Next week I’m going to be doing a full bag fit with PXG for their new 0311 GEN5 lineup. I’ll be writing about the fit and the clubs themselves here. Any questions out there or something you’d be interested in hearing about?

I’ll be looking forward to your feedback.

What are you gaming now?  And will you also get a fitting where you try some other OEMs as well, or strictly the PXGs?  
I’ve always thought if I was going to get a PXG or “premium brand” fit, I’d find out what launch monitor and what kind of surface you’ll be on, and then try to replicate that as much as possible and try the other stuff.  (Probably easier said than done.)  Then I could tell PXG “here are the numbers to beat if I’m even going to think about paying these prices.”

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

27 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

What are you gaming now?  And will you also get a fitting where you try some other OEMs as well, or strictly the PXGs?

I have a connection with PXG after doing a full write up on their 0211 line last year. This fitting will be strictly about the 0311 GEN5 clubs to find the right head/shaft combos. I’m still gaming the 0211 irons they fitted me for (and honestly that entire lineup is still the best “new club” value in golf right now).

I’m assuming the setup next week will be range balls off a mat with a Trackman, but I’ll definitely note the hitting conditions.

These GEN5’s are definitely in the “premium” category, but I think I’m starting to understand PXG’s strategy to now have clubs at pretty much every budget:

Premium: GEN5

Mid-tier: GEN4 (released last year)

Value: 0211

When PXG first came out I would have never seen myself playing them. Then they had a sale for lefties at the stat of the pandemic, so I ended up getting a driver from them. It led to getting a set of irons as well. Now my wife has a full bag less the putter, and I updated my 19* hybrid with them as well. Besides the fact that there’s choices for different budgets; the customer service has been absolutely top notch. We have a mobile fitter that goes to different courses, he is very accessible and accommodating to whatever you need. That’s the reason why I will continue to use their clubs.

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I’ll be looking forward to your feedback.

I’ve always thought if I was going to get a PXG or “premium brand” fit, I’d find out what launch monitor and what kind of surface you’ll be on, and then try to replicate that as much as possible and try the other stuff.  (Probably easier said than done.)  Then I could tell PXG “here are the numbers to beat if I’m even going to think about paying these prices.”

They use trackman, I believe others who have posted about fittings mentioned this as well.

outdoor fittings they prefer locations that have grass ranges. 

Not everyone gets fit to compare or try to beat what they have. People have brand preferences and will get fit to find what works best for them from that brand regardless of any other brand

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Fitting complete! The range at Industry Hills was off mats today, but good numbers off the Trackman. I'll give some more impressions below, but let's kick off with what would shape up to be a ridiculously nice set of clubs:

Driver - 0311 GEN5 7.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 6 X-flex (although I also hit the head with my Autoflex and that's likely to be the gamer)

4-wood - 0311 GEN5 16* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 S-flex

Hybrid - 0311 GEN5 19* w/ Mitsubishi MMT80

Irons - 4-GW 0311 P GEN5 w/ SteelFiber 95 S-flex

Wedges - 0311 Sugar Daddy 54* and 60* w/ SteelFiber 95 S-flex

Putter - Blackjack Center-shafted

Additionally, the irons are coming in the Xtreme Dark finish with the SteelFiber Private Label (which sounds like a wine more than a golf shaft), so it will all be "murdered out" as the kids say.

Initial thoughts:

Based on my time with the GEN5 7 iron, hybrid, fairway, and driver I feel like PXG has finally found the right visual balance on looks. Quite honestly, I would not have played GEN1 or GEN2 PXGs as all the bullet hole-like plugs were just too much. My current 0211s are clean and a good looking club, but they don't really stand out. The GEN5s definitely get your attention, but don't seem to be trying to hard to do it. Of special note is the driver, where the carbon fiber crown has been noticeably darkened from the GEN4 head.

I'll talk more about performance when I have them in hand and get them out on the course, but I do wonder why I seem to hit the ball so well during fittings. If only I could bring that out on the course, I'd be scratch. I can confidently say I shouldn't be losing any distance from my "loft-jacked" 0221's as the 0311 P's have more weight behind the ball and up the smash factor. I also appreciate that they have a 4-wood head as I don't hit lower-lofted fairway metals. The 4 wood seems to be "off menu" in that you can't order it directly off the website, but can be done through a fitter or on the phone.

Fitting Experience:

I can say flat out that if you're going to buy PXG clubs, then get an in person fitting done if remotely possible. I think they officially charge $50, but that might be credited back if you purchase clubs. I've met a handful of PXG fitters and they've all been friendly and knowledgeable. Additionally, at least in my opinion, they're not really pushy about upselling shaft/grip options etc. If you tell them you are only considering stock/no upcharge options then that's what they'll have you hit. PXG has a lot of no upcharge options though, so it's likely they can get a good fit within them.

For possible downsides, PXG only fits the 7-iron to cover the full iron set. Don't feel like you can get a representative feel for the clubs from the 7-iron? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. To be fair, most fitting van experiences are going to be with a single iron. Only premium specialty shops or dedicated brand facilities are likely to have fitting clubs across the whole set.

My session was scheduled for 90 minutes, but took under an hour. I already had a clear preference on shafts (I already play SteelFiber and knew I want to continue) and I fit pretty cleanly into one of the head profiles (side note - props to you if you can handle the T irons, because it was very clear I couldn't) 😅

I'll be getting some swings and shot tracers up on TikTok later - @mygolfswing

Fingers-crossed, the clubs should be arriving in about two weeks. Anyone have any follow-up questions?

On 5/1/2022 at 8:16 PM, Cory O said:

For possible downsides, PXG only fits the 7-iron to cover the full iron set.

Just curious, did you think about splitting the set and going with the XP in the 4-5 iron?  I'd be curious how they would do that if you're only using a 7i.  

Could you go into more detail on the putter fitting?  Did they actually give you numbers for that, or was that more of a visual fitting on the putting green?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

For possible downsides, PXG only fits the 7-iron to cover the full iron set. Don't feel like you can get a representative feel for the clubs from the 7-iron? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. To be fair, most fitting van experiences are going to be with a single iron. Only premium specialty shops or dedicated brand facilities are likely to have fitting clubs across the whole set.

It’s going to be a 6 or 7 irons depending on the brand and where they feel it’s best for the customer based on design and where customers would struggle with hitting the iron.

There are going to be very few places that have more than a single club to do iron fittings. Dedicated brand facilities including the OEM facilities themselves use a single iron. It’s time consuming to fit for an entire set or even wedge, short and long iron. It’s also expensive to pay for the fitters time to do all that. Just like if someone wanted to dive deep into fitting their lie angles and lofts over several days.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

13 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Just curious, did you think about splitting the set and going with the XP in the 4-5 iron?  I'd be curious how they would do that if you're only using a 7i.  

Could you go into more detail on the putter fitting?  Did they actually give you numbers for that, or was that more of a visual fitting on the putting green?

Thanks for the questions! I didn't consider it based on my swing profile and how I hit long irons. If I had considered it, I would have checked it by hitting the XP 7 iron and using the feel/numbers on that to make a decision. It probably would have been on me as the golfer to open that conversation with the fitter though.

For putting, it was fully based on preferences and rolling putts on the green. I think they have some tech to do full putter fits in their corporate studios though.

On 4/23/2022 at 9:47 PM, 2puttbogey said:

When PXG first came out I would have never seen myself playing them. Then they had a sale for lefties at the stat of the pandemic, so I ended up getting a driver from them. It led to getting a set of irons as well. Now my wife has a full bag less the putter, and I updated my 19* hybrid with them as well. Besides the fact that there’s choices for different budgets; the customer service has been absolutely top notch. We have a mobile fitter that goes to different courses, he is very accessible and accommodating to whatever you need. That’s the reason why I will continue to use their clubs.

That was my initial impression of PXG too... high end pricing, niche market.  But then I started hearing about Bob's military background, the "play" on model numbers and connection with Marines job roles, and the fantastic discounts offered to current and ex-military 👏.  I have not had a chance to test them but, from everything I've read, they are great quality clubs at very competitive prices. If I ever get the chance, I'm definitely going to try them. A few of the models seem to overdo the recessed set-screw look but it looks like they have some a bit less mechanical looking.

Look forward to hearing about the fitting experience and how the Gen5 compare to your Gen2.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

40 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Look forward to hearing about the fitting experience and how the Gen5 compare to your Gen2.

Just for quick clarification, I play their 2021 0211 DC set currently, not the Gen 2’s. The 0211s are their “budget” lineup, so the big move here is budget to premium.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

A few of the models seem to overdo the recessed set-screw look but it looks like they have some a bit less mechanical looking.

If I recall correctly something I'd read - drilling those weight ports and adding tungsten screws was a method of prototyping the early irons, so they could quick & easily shift weight around in one proto head. The Boss saw it and told the engineers to go with that look!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 5/1/2022 at 5:16 PM, Cory O said:

Fitting complete! The range at Industry Hills was off mats today, but good numbers off the Trackman. I'll give some more impressions below, but let's kick off with what would shape up to be a ridiculously nice set of clubs:

Driver - 0311 GEN5 7.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 6 X-flex (although I also hit the head with my Autoflex and that's likely to be the gamer)

4-wood - 0311 GEN5 16* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 S-flex

Hybrid - 0311 GEN5 19* w/ Mitsubishi MMT80

Irons - 4-GW 0311 P GEN5 w/ SteelFiber 95 S-flex

Wedges - 0311 Sugar Daddy 54* and 60* w/ SteelFiber 95 S-flex

Putter - Blackjack Center-shafted

Additionally, the irons are coming in the Xtreme Dark finish with the SteelFiber Private Label (which sounds like a wine more than a golf shaft), so it will all be "murdered out" as the kids say.

Initial thoughts:

Based on my time with the GEN5 7 iron, hybrid, fairway, and driver I feel like PXG has finally found the right visual balance on looks. Quite honestly, I would not have played GEN1 or GEN2 PXGs as all the bullet hole-like plugs were just too much. My current 0211s are clean and a good looking club, but they don't really stand out. The GEN5s definitely get your attention, but don't seem to be trying to hard to do it. Of special note is the driver, where the carbon fiber crown has been noticeably darkened from the GEN4 head.

I'll talk more about performance when I have them in hand and get them out on the course, but I do wonder why I seem to hit the ball so well during fittings. If only I could bring that out on the course, I'd be scratch. I can confidently say I shouldn't be losing any distance from my "loft-jacked" 0221's as the 0311 P's have more weight behind the ball and up the smash factor. I also appreciate that they have a 4-wood head as I don't hit lower-lofted fairway metals. The 4 wood seems to be "off menu" in that you can't order it directly off the website, but can be done through a fitter or on the phone.

Fitting Experience:

I can say flat out that if you're going to buy PXG clubs, then get an in person fitting done if remotely possible. I think they officially charge $50, but that might be credited back if you purchase clubs. I've met a handful of PXG fitters and they've all been friendly and knowledgeable. Additionally, at least in my opinion, they're not really pushy about upselling shaft/grip options etc. If you tell them you are only considering stock/no upcharge options then that's what they'll have you hit. PXG has a lot of no upcharge options though, so it's likely they can get a good fit within them.

My session was scheduled for 90 minutes, but took under an hour. I already had a clear preference on shafts (I already play SteelFiber and knew I want to continue) and I fit pretty cleanly into one of the head profiles (side note - props to you if you can handle the T irons, because it was very clear I couldn't) 😅

I'll be getting some swings and shot tracers up on TikTok later - @mygolfswing

Fingers-crossed, the clubs should be arriving in about two weeks. Anyone have any follow-up questions?

Looking forward to you thoughts after getting a chance to play some rounds with them, especially the 0311 sugar daddy wedges as that is most likely next upgrade to my bag.  PXG are definitely on my radar when I decide to replace my wedges and irons so it is good to hear about positive fitting experiences with them.  Plus, living 30 minutes from Scottsdale showroom/fitting rm/assembly warehouse helps.  

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811 XF (9°)

Wood(s): th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0341 XF (7w)

Irons:  :Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   :Hogan: Equalizer II (56°, 60°)

Putter:  :ping-small: Zing Bronze

Ball:  image.png.5e3f3d4f8b31082a6504dff683a91313.png Tour X

I'll talk more about performance when I have them in hand and get them out on the course, but I do wonder why I seem to hit the ball so well during fittings. If only I could bring that out on the course, I'd be scratch.

Ha love it! 

the 0311 P's have more weight behind the ball and up the smash factor

Yeah just don't forget with you start hitting those smashes to yell out ...

KaBOOOM BAYBEE!!!

🤣

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

T-minus 24 hours to unboxing content

Let’s kick it off with a gratuitous photo drop

9F1EF611-A377-4D7D-8EFD-5C6F923C003B.jpeg.32b53d0b66618cc1d2e87c7a08ba0fbf.jpegCDCB9301-925A-441A-A7FC-22D43111CADB.jpeg.7fae62a7fd7510b67ef5d1c443e83bea.jpeg11164EF9-C37F-45E5-AFF9-7567FE049D9B.jpeg.8b4a32caedb02b80d05f635822dcdfd7.jpegDE2FC096-37EE-4DBA-92F3-297655183A4F.jpeg.3684c2853cc2d4634e30ec5040ac69b4.jpeg42052E13-2560-435C-95AF-50A8485808BB.jpeg.4a70c63b6b1199491c1a1268f1863d8a.jpeg054E53B5-86BF-46E7-8F83-BA1D77856980.jpeg.7b15c5620441810d1b763c45875d3e2d.jpegF9A283A3-C44C-47D4-BD41-A86FEA30CBCE.jpeg.9102d37a284e8411a8b42ea890464e40.jpeg

PXG still does a great job with their shipping presentation. Any manufacturer just sending a plain brown box at this point is doing it wrong.

8745A93D-74E3-49F1-BF93-026C135CD3D6.jpeg

FCBB9BC9-FEC0-4CBC-B708-656EA66D4D52.jpeg

That feeling when you hit into a bunker for the first time of the day and pull out your brand new dark finished lob wedge...

895155678_YWLFMeme.jpg.d03f5d4e99920a712806044daed257f5.jpg

I’ll be writing up soon, but in the meantime, you can check out my TikTok to see the clubs in action:

https://www.tiktok.com/@mediocre.golfer

Let me know if you have any questions about the clubs.

check out my TikTok to see the clubs in action:

https://www.tiktok.com/@mediocre.golfer

^ nice! Good stuff there 👍

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 5/18/2022 at 10:10 AM, cksurfdude said:

nice! Good stuff there 👍

Thanks! I’ve actually really enjoyed putting TikToks together. Fits my personal attention span and how much work I’m really willing to put into content

Few rounds in (including an even par early morning 9 today), so time for a few club by club quick hits:

Driver: performance-wise there really isn’t a noticeable difference between the GEN5 and the GEN4 driver head I have in the same loft. Visually, though, I think the GEN5 is much better, with a larger, darker carbon fiber crown piece. Additionally, I think it has a bit better acoustics, the GEN4 is more “thud”y in my ear.

Fairway: the big note for me is that with the GEN5 is that I can get a 4 wood (not on the site, but available when fit or over the phone). I don’t like traditional lofted 3 woods, so typically I’m stuck tweaking a 5. Having natural fit has been really good. Club itself has performed well.

Hybrid: If hybrids have gotten a bit bulky looking for you, the GEN5 might be visually up your alley. Similar compact look to the old Adams Pro styles. It’s been a solid tee shot alternative for me.

Irons: I’m getting along with the irons really well (P series). They have a lot more weight and feel through impact than the 0211’s. The thinner sole and reduced offset are also a better fit for my swing. It’s also notice that I can feel where on the face I’m missing with these, but the forgiveness is still there to result in a decent shot.

Wedges: not really GEN5’s, but instead this is about the Mack Daddy 2 lines. Honestly, these have been the biggest surprise of all. These wedges look, feel, and perform incredibly well. A big takeaway is that I think combining a forged wedge with the same shaft as my irons is ideal. These is also my first full-face wedges and I’m now a believer. I catch pitches out on the toe a lot and these keep a lot more spin than wedges with traditional grooves.

I'll open by saying I almost aced an (officially) par 4 this morning:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdWmH6s7/?k=1

Now that's out of the way, let's get to some club thoughts. I've played a good 6 full rounds with these now, so here's where we are:

Overall Impressions:

Looks - 8/10

Feel - 10/10

Performance - 8/10

Value - ?/10

Let's explain that all a little bit. Having followed PXG for a while now, I think the GEN5 is hitting the pinnacle of how a "PXG club" can look. Especially with the irons, I can't imagine how they could make a club that is still obviously PXG-style, but more broadly pleasing to look at. As said before, I couldn't have put earlier generations in the bag, but these are genuinely nice to look at and get compliments. For the driver and woods, the visual changes from past gens are even more pronounced and have veered maybe a bit too subdued. You could probably pop a Mizuno logo on them and they would pass for the latest release.

For feel, top to bottom of the bag these are the best feeling clubs that I have personally owned. That includes the acoustics as well. With the irons, I appreciate that I can feel where I hit them on the face, but still not be too punished on mishits. For the driver, it really hits the sweet spot of sounding powerful without becoming annoying.

For performance, these clubs have done exactly what I would want from a fitted set of clubs that are a decent match for my game. It's important to note that I didn't come from 20 year old DCI's, but year-old PXG 0211's fitted for me with upgraded shafts. To that end, the GEN5's haven't really lowered my scores or provided more distance. That said, the feel between the GEN5's and the more "value" focused 0211's is very pronounced.

That really gets to the main heart of things (and the ? for the value score above). These GEN5's, particularly in how they were built out for me, are a luxury item. The full bag, top to bottom with the Steel Fiber shafts and dark finish would run $5000+. My 0211 set, however, would be less than $2000 custom fitted with upgraded shafts. If my scores are just as good with the cheaper set, why should anyone buy the GEN5's? In short, because they want to and because they can.

If you want a "luxury" set of golf clubs, then the PXG GEN5's should probably be near the top of your list. If you're going to toss that much money at golf equipment, they'll walk the walk both visually and for performance. A Rolex doesn't noticeably tell better time than a really nice Seiko, but that's not really the point. I would still highly recommend the 0211's for the more "Seiko" folks out there (and honestly if I was spending my own money, that's what I would buy). If the dollars don't matter, though, the GEN5's are the PXG club that you want.

• 2 months later...

Been a couple of months, so figured it's time to check back in and see how things are going!

I've probably played ~30 rounds on the GEN5 clubs now and they are all still in the bag. Not at my country club anymore, so the rounds have been on LA-area munis.

Short version, the fairway wood, hybrid, and wedges are simply better than the 0211s. Both in feel and performance. For the irons, the GEN5 definitely feel better, but I wouldn't say they have made a MASSIVE difference to my game. I don't really try to work the ball much with my irons, so with similar distance & dispersion, they do the same job, just in a different way. That said, the feel difference is real (especially in the lower irons) and they are great quality clubs. If price is no object, then you want the GEN5s. The 0211s remain the best new club value out there though.

My handicap is back down around a 7, dropping a couple strokes since I've been gaming these clubs. A lot of that comes down to short game and putting. Around the greens, I do think having the high quality, forged wedges are making a difference with spin and the shots I can make. Part might be better technique, but the wedges also seem to let me get the most out of improved technique. On the greens, I'm rolling the Blackjack center shaft incredibly well. It's a shame because I love looking down on my SeeMore deep flange much better, but I can't argue with the numbers and the Blackjack simply gets more putts in the hole.

Feel free to ask any more follow-ups, but short answer is that all of these clubs have kept their spot in my bag and I'm not looking elsewhere (or at least not looking hard).

Very nice and congrats on the lower handicap / strokes gained improvements!

As an aside... Still gaming my 0211 irons, like 'em but not crazy in love with them 🤷‍♂️ May do an iron fitting over the winter to check into other OEMs GI offerings.

Did add an 0211 3H recently (guess I'm a sucker for a good sale price 😂) and it seems to be easy enough to hit, and fits a need at the top end of the bag.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 5/3/2022 at 5:48 PM, fixyurdivot said:

That was my initial impression of PXG too... high end pricing, niche market.  But then I started hearing about Bob's military background, the "play" on model numbers and connection with Marines job roles, and the fantastic discounts offered to current and ex-military 👏.  I have not had a chance to test them but, from everything I've read, they are great quality clubs at very competitive prices. If I ever get the chance, I'm definitely going to try them. A few of the models seem to overdo the recessed set-screw look but it looks like they have some a bit less mechanical looking.

You are spot on with the way PXG takes care of military, L/E and first responders. As a retired military veteran I have had exceptional experience with PXG. They also keep your specs in the computer after an in person fitting. So, every time I have called the person on the phone has access to your data. Additionally, as part of the Hero’s Program I have found that I can purchase PXG clubs even cheaper than Titleist or Callaway. I was able to get the 0311 P’s Gen 5 at 169 a stick when I bought 5 or more. New Titleist are going at 189 so, this was a no brainer for me. Lastly, I have been extremely pleased with the PXG equipment and how they fit my game!

Play like a champion today!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:32 PM, Javs said:

You are spot on with the way PXG takes care of military, L/E and first responders. As a retired military veteran I have had exceptional experience with PXG. They also keep your specs in the computer after an in person fitting. So, every time I have called the person on the phone has access to your data. Additionally, as part of the Hero’s Program I have found that I can purchase PXG clubs even cheaper than Titleist or Callaway. I was able to get the 0311 P’s Gen 5 at 169 a stick when I bought 5 or more. New Titleist are going at 189 so, this was a no brainer for me. Lastly, I have been extremely pleased with the PXG equipment and how they fit my game!

I was a submariner and just found out about the PXG hero program through ID ME yesterday. I'm very interested but living in NW Alabama I'm a long way from a fitter.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Fred Mitchell said:

I was a submariner and just found out about the PXG hero program through ID ME yesterday. I'm very interested but living in NW Alabama I'm a long way from a fitter.

There are 5 locations in Alabama to get fit

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/storesviewall

37 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There are 5 locations in Alabama to get fit

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/storesviewall

1.5 hours per the link u shared is closest in Huntsville Alabama traffic usually adds at least 15 or more minutes but thats reasonable , thank you very much. Not sure what list I saw at 1st but Atlanta was the closest on it.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag