Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Counterfeit Drivers

tony@CIC

I recently purchased some new grips on eBay and took them to Edwin Watts in Destin Florida. The installer said they smelled funny and guess what they were fake   I guess this people will go to any length to sell fakes. I tossed them in trash can 

they misspelled lamkim

irons PXG gen 5 6-AW

pxg driver and 4 wood 

callaway 5 wood & hybrids

ten different putters

6 hours ago, Mbates007 said:

I recently purchased some new grips on eBay and took them to Edwin Watts in Destin Florida. The installer said they smelled funny and guess what they were fake   I guess this people will go to any length to sell fakes. I tossed them in trash can 

they misspelled lamkim

EBay have a 100% money back guarantee, that's why I buy 99.99% of my golf clubs on eBay. You should of asked for the money back as they weren't as described, no problem it's happened to me...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

6 hours ago, Mbates007 said:

they misspelled lamkim

I have been told that like in your case they deliberately mis spell like a trademark to keep them from being "counterfeit" but then if they sell them as legit then it is mis reputation not counterfeit. It can be a legal move. This was told to me by a friend who is a LEO and handles stuff like that with his duties as part of the State Task force. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 4/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, HDTVMAN said:

Nothing you can say! But when I worked at a golf superstore, we took trades on counterfeit clubs and gave the people the same amount as we would give for the real deal. Then we'd sell it as the real deal. That was the manager's decisions. He didn't care as long as we made lots and lots of money. Very dishonest, but he was the manager.

Similar experience as I had. I think it was a Titleist 905 driver that was in the LGS used section. There was also another 905 and comparing the two, identification of the counterfeit was very clear. Transition from the head to the hosel was not even close. I'm talking not even close as in I'll never get to date, marry, have kids, and live out the rest of my life with Charley Hull not close. Brought both clubs up to the counter and said that you have a counterfeit club. His only response was guess that is why it has not sold yet.

Edited by Titleist87

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

16 hours ago, Mbates007 said:

they misspelled lamkim

I find the amount of counterfeit grips for sale always astonishes me. I understand things like fake Scotties and other putter but the grips always catch me a little off guard. I suspect that molding a rubber grip in china is extremely cheap relative to the $10/grip they sell for here in the U.S. I mean, just look at the legitimate cheap grips you can buy from places like golfworks. Prices have recently gone up a little but there used to be a ton of Grip One brand grips that sold for $1.50 to $3 each. I put a couple on some test clubs and they were good enough that I would recommend them if someone was on a budget. 

I'd politely suggest that he go to a golf superstore and see if they'd let him compare his knockoff driver to a PXG 0211, Wilson Launchpad, Tommy Armour 845 Max, etc., and that he might find that he prefers one of those more reasonably priced drivers to his knockoff.

WITB 2022:

• Tommy Armour Atomic Driver (9°)
  • Callaway Edge (Costco) 3-wood, 5-hybrid, 6i-PW
  • Maxfli Blue Max 5-wood (19°)
  • Cobra Fly-Z 3/4 hybrid (21.5°)
  • Cleveland 588 RTX 50° gap wedge
  • Cleveland CBX 56° sand wedge
  • Adams Tom Watson RC14 60° lob wedge
  • Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter

On 4/24/2022 at 7:17 PM, Bobbers said:

I'd hope this was someone  you got paired with at the course.  In which case I'd work hard not to get paired with him again...

If it was someone I knew?  My comment would have been along the lines of "and it'll give you the same 'discount' in performance..."

It's not a Ping, it's a driver that looks like a Ping on the outside, and the word Ping on the head. It will not perform like a REAL Ping. driver. He should of bought a used Ping or a lower price brand . It's not a knockoff it's rip off . I bet he uses range ball too. . 

On 4/27/2022 at 3:49 PM, labillyboy said:

I'd love to get a Clone with a hot face....  I once hit a massively oversized driver at a muni with the guy I was playing with, must have been 1000cc's, HUGE.  I just bombed the ball with it...  Obviously illegal... but a clone that isn't regulation... hmmm.  To be fair, I'd buy a real version of the club but use the "hot" one.  I honestly could never tell the difference between the real McCoy and a fake.

On another note on topic, I do have several real Rolex watches bought at certified Rolex jewelers.  I recently bought a clone of one of them, over $1000 but a perfect replica.  Why? so I can wear it every day. Walking around Los Angeles with $15,000 or more on your wrist isn't very smart these days.  They sit in my safe. If I get robbed, I can easily give up the replica... 

Golfsmith had a 1000cc head for awhile years ago. Bang used to sell a 750cc head I believe and still sell a 600cc head. Banggolf