Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Switching from Pro V1X - Tour B X, Z Star XV?

21 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Interesting.  What did you find lacking with XV and Diamond?

Better feel with the BX, and a touch longer than XV. XV just didn’t wow me, so the feel alone was the deciding factor. Diamond just wasn’t good for me at all. Significantly shorter off driver was the main issue, and just not stellar anywhere else. Not a fan. Only took 4 holes to figure that out.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

The testing begins.

1542245495_BallTestPutting.jpg.f5f24b706ad730365a76be1e12265be6.jpg

1888873833_BallTestPutting2.jpg.5cf2a6b6250314cba3076b4cd4043656.jpg

Cold windy and wet here in Nebraska (still), so step 1 was rolling some putts on my basement green.  I honestly didn't expect to discern much from putting, but if any of these had an overly clicky sound and feel it would have been strike one.  I know that's a subjective thing, but at the end of the day this is all subjective in terms of what trade-offs I'm willing to accept when picking a ball, right?

So, after rolling about 200 putts over the last 36 hours, I'd have to rate the feel off the putter face as..

1) Z-Star XV

2) Tour B X

3) Pro V1X

4) Z-Star Diamond

The Diamond wasn't so bad that I can't game it, but it was noticeably more "clicky" to me than the others.  Of course, the White Hot insert might have the effect of muting that sensation a bit across the board; not sure on that point.

This is hardly a data driven test, nor will it be.  Over the next couple of days I plan to get in some greenside work, and then give each a 9-hole trial run.  Unless I'm striking it so awful that I can't draw any conclusions, I'll know the winner when I see it..

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Gave the Z Star XV a 9-hole trial run yesterday.  Overall, meh...I could certainly game it, but feel-wise I wasn't thrilled with it, and I really didn't discern much difference from the Pro V1X.  Shot a 38 on it though, but with the Diamond and Tour B X still to take out for a trial, I can't see the XV being the choice since it really doesn't seem to offer me anything over my current Pro V1X gamer.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 6:17 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

Gave the Z Star XV a 9-hole trial run yesterday.  Overall, meh...I could certainly game it, but feel-wise I wasn't thrilled with it, and I really didn't discern much difference from the Pro V1X.  Shot a 38 on it though, but with the Diamond and Tour B X still to take out for a trial, I can't see the XV being the choice since it really doesn't seem to offer me anything over my current Pro V1X gamer.

Interested to know how you did with the BX.  Were you able to give them a test round to see how well they worked?

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

I just finished the last of the 2020-21 B-X's and still really like the ball, but the cover still seems less resilient than the Pro V1x. I tried and really like the left dashes so I bought a dozen and am pretty happy with the play. Less spin but still pretty good control. You should try a sleeve.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

4 hours ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Interested to know how you did with the BX.  Were you able to give them a test round to see how well they worked?

Yes!!

Sorry I’ve sucked at updates, it’s been a crazy few weeks here…family emergency, promotion, and now packing up the house.

But, after giving several Srixon offerings a test drive I gave the Tour B X a full 18 and loved it.  Off the tee and on approaches I really liked it, and it seemed to do well in the wind, but what really won me over was that little bit more of release that I’ve been looking for.  I manipulate the club face around the green a lot, and on more lofted chips the ProV1X literally stopped dead with almost no release, which looks cool but was not quite what I wanted.  The Tour B X stops just fine but with just a little more runout that I want.

2 hours ago, Muckinfiddle said:

I just finished the last of the 2020-21 B-X's and still really like the ball, but the cover still seems less resilient than the Pro V1x. I tried and really like the left dashes so I bought a dozen and am pretty happy with the play. Less spin but still pretty good control. You should try a sleeve.

That’s really interesting, I found the Tour B X to be much more durable than the ProV1X.  Guess I’ll see, I stocked up on 5 dozen Bridgestone’s, so I’m committed!

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Yes!!

Sorry I’ve sucked at updates, it’s been a crazy few weeks here…family emergency, promotion, and now packing up the house.

But, after giving several Srixon offerings a test drive I gave the Tour B X a full 18 and loved it.  Off the tee and on approaches I really liked it, and it seemed to do well in the wind, but what really won me over was that little bit more of release that I’ve been looking for.  I manipulate the club face around the green a lot, and on more lofted chips the ProV1X literally stopped dead with almost no release, which looks cool but was not quite what I wanted.  The Tour B X stops just fine but with just a little more runout that I want.

Thanks for the update.  After looking at the MGS Ball review and doing my online diligence, it is good to see what your results were.  I am looking at settling on the Tour BX because everything  seems to point to them being good form my game setup.  I am going out to buy some tonight and get ready to use them during my next round.  Thanks again and I will post my findings after I get out and play.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 9:30 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

I'm strongly considering a switch from the Pro V1X, largely because it's spinning too much for me on approaches and greenside.  I hit a couple approaches last night with PW and GW that landed at or near pin-high but then spun back, in one case off the green.  I like some good check obviously, but I'm getting too much.  Greenside, I hit several chips right where I wanted and got almost no release, or at least not as much as I wanted.

For the hell of it, I tried out a Tour B X (the Bryson ball) for my last couple holes and liked it; it definitely released a little more, and off the driver it felt good and was certainly as long as the Titleist.  And, I'm convinced the Bridgestone cover is more durable than the Titleist.  (I played the B XS a bit last year and the cover holds up well.)

A couple questions for the community...see any flaws in my logic or anything I'm not thinking about?  Anyone gaming the Bryson ball and have any feedback?  And, should I be checking out the Z Star XV in your opinion?  I played it a bit a couple years ago and was kind of "meh" about it.  Of course I've combed through the MGS ball test write-ups but I'm also interested in anyone elses feedback.

My playing speed with driver is around 107-110.

Thanks.

If you have an abundance of the current 2021 model, I'd be interested in seeing if we could agree on a purchase. Shoot me a pm if interested.

So right after I buy a large stash of the Tour B X,   @Tony Covey MGS releases a ball lab taking the Tour B XS to the wood shed for compression consistency.  So now I have to wonder if it’s a foregone conclusion that the Tour B X has that issue too?  Certainly poors cold water on my excitement to start gaming it..

12 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So right after I buy a large stash of the Tour B X,   @Tony Covey MGS releases a ball lab taking the Tour B XS to the wood shes for compression consistency.  So now I have to wonder if it’s a foregone conclusion that the Tour B X has that issue too?  Certainly poors cold water on my excitement to start gaming it..

Yeah that was not a good look on the B XS for sure. Maybe somehow the B X is better, but I agree seems likely there will be some issues.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 1 month later...

Sigh.  Another Bridgestone ball does poorly in ball lab; think I’d better switch back to the Pro V1X and just learn to play with the spin I get…

51 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sigh.  Another Bridgestone ball does poorly in ball lab; think I’d better switch back to the Pro V1X and just learn to play with the spin I get…

AVX?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 4/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

ProV1. gives me check but not a ton

Interesting because I find the ProV1 spins a lot more on shots into the green than the ProV1X.  

:titelist-small: 913D (8.5), 913Fd (15), 913h (19) Diamana shafts

:taylormade-small:  P790 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 

:benhogan-small:TK-15 52,56,60 KBS Tour Wedge

:odyssey-small: O-Works Versa #2

Pro V1x, Vice Pro Plus

Did you try the MaxFli Tour Ball?  CKSurferdude gave me a sleeve of them at Queenstown and I finally got around to put it in play yesterday.  Definitely spun less than ProV1 or PV1X, but still checked nicely on the green.  

:titelist-small: 913D (8.5), 913Fd (15), 913h (19) Diamana shafts

:taylormade-small:  P790 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 

:benhogan-small:TK-15 52,56,60 KBS Tour Wedge

:odyssey-small: O-Works Versa #2

Pro V1x, Vice Pro Plus

I used to game the Tour B X. Loved it off the tee but for me little too much run out on the green. Next up was the prior gen CS XLS. Again very good off the tee. It was a fine balance for me around the green with the older XLS. The softer/more wet courses I play in Florida I’d lose spin and still get more roll out due to the moist conditions and not as solid face contact with the stickier grass.

if you have already a high trajectory with your spin, than you can give up some ball spin. If you have more of a natural lower trajectory, then a V1X, CS X Snell MTB X would help. But sounds like if you may already have a natural higher trajectory like me and high spin. So I tend to now lean away from the X balls. I actually lost distance with V1X, CS X, and MTB X with too high trajectory and spin.

based on the MGS reviews I gave the Maxfli Tours a shot. Like MGS and many others found, for me they play exactly like the ProVs. I’m a believer now. I started with the Tour X with the higher compression as I’m also 105-108 SS. Same performance as the V1X/CSX/MTBX. So I gave in and gave the standard Tour slightly lower compression a shot. I was a little nervous with the slightly lower compression. For me again I think the play just like the ProV1s. That’s my new gamer. Love the Maxfli Tour! Can’t beat the price tag either. The mid launch is awesome. And just enough spin off wedges/approach irons I get 1-3 feet release from landing pitchmark on the green. The biggest difference is they don’t pop of the putter face like the firmer balls do so learning to adjust the feel and speed control.

I haven’t hit much of the 22 CS XLS but that would have to be my secondary ball.

BTW if it were retail, the left dot hands down for a low launch low/mid spin premium ball. But so hard to beat the Maxfli Tours for the value. Just picked up 4 doz for $105. 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

@GetoffmylawnMy experience with the Tour BX is the same as @RDel90: I couldn’t get the ball to check around the green. Too much roll out; but I loved this ball off the tee and from the fairway from 185 and out. Good wind ball too. CSxls, Snell Mtbx, and Maxfli Tour X would all be balls I’d recommend you try: with the Mtbx behaving like a cheaper tour BX, and the maxfli behaving very similarly to a prov1x as far as ball flight and spin, imo.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Check around the green is as much technique as it is the ball. 

I’ve seen good players check the old Bridgestone e6 balls. Did it check as much at the tour b balls?  No but it still checked up 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Check around the green is as much technique as it is the ball. 

I’ve seen good players check the old Bridgestone e6 balls. Did it check as much at the tour b balls?  No but it still checked up 

Not to mention equipment. I love when guys get frustrated that they can't check their short shots and they're using 3+ year old wedges...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Appreciate all the replies, but to clarify, my problem was/is too much spin from the ProV1X…approach shots peeling back off the green, green side chips that damn near dead stop, etc.  

Honestly, I am really liking the Bryson ball, the MGS Ball Lab has just torpedoed my confidence that I’ll get consistent yardage…

EDIT:

I’m actually wondering if I should just go Pro V1, which I would do if I didn’t think I’d be giving up some distance versus the X…

I am here to mention the Z Star XV.  The best golfball I have played in years. 

Durable

Long as long gets

Feel is good (I know it's firmer and on that scale it's palatable)

Spin around greens reminds me of playing pre-USGA grooves.  It feels illegal

Price is great

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I flip flop between Bridgestone and Titleist. Just picked up last years BXs they were on sale at PGASS for 35 bucks couldn’t resist. But given the same price point usually give me V1X all day (recently swapped back from V1 felt better off the tee and with my struggles there lately I need all the mental help I can get)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

20 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Appreciate all the replies, but to clarify, my problem was/is too much spin from the ProV1X…approach shots peeling back off the green, green side chips that damn near dead stop, etc.  

Honestly, I am really liking the Bryson ball, the MGS Ball Lab has just torpedoed my confidence that I’ll get consistent yardage…

EDIT:

I’m actually wondering if I should just go Pro V1, which I would do if I didn’t think I’d be giving up some distance versus the X…

You sound like the exact profile for the Left Dash. I switched from ProV1X to Left Dash when it came out, for exactly the same reason, and it completely solved the problem.

2 hours ago, goaliedad30 said:

You sound like the exact profile for the Left Dash. I switched from ProV1X to Left Dash when it came out, for exactly the same reason, and it completely solved the problem.

Haven’t tried it but the thought has crossed my mind.  Is it “clickier” than the regular X?  And are you having a hard time finding them or having to overpay?

8 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t tried it but the thought has crossed my mind.  Is it “clickier” than the regular X?  And are you having a hard time finding them or having to overpay?

I guess it's slightly firmer and "clickier". But it works. IMHO, "feel" is overrated. It launches high enough, and has the right spin characteristics for me.

Easy to find these days. Lots of on course shops carrying them (including my club's pro shop), and worst case, Golf Galaxy has them, shipped in 2-3 days.

On 8/20/2022 at 6:51 AM, bens197 said:

I am here to mention the Z Star XV.  The best golfball I have played in years. 

Durable

Long as long gets

Feel is good (I know it's firmer and on that scale it's palatable)

Spin around greens reminds me of playing pre-USGA grooves.  It feels illegal

Price is great

I totally agree that the XV is an awesome ball.  Great distance but still has good feel on the tee box.  I really like the trajectory and feel with my driving iron or FW as well.

The spin around the greens is very good,  I like the feel of it with my putter too.

The kicker is the price is awesome.  

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

2 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I totally agree that the XV is an awesome ball.  Great distance but still has good feel on the tee box.  I really like the trajectory and feel with my driving iron or FW as well.

The spin around the greens is very good,  I like the feel of it with my putter too.

The kicker is the price is awesome.  

I'd stopped a few with my 60 out of the rough and that was the selling point.  I couldn't believe how well it'd grab on pitches even when I wasn't in the fairway.  It kinda feels like cheating.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 8/23/2022 at 9:01 AM, bens197 said:

I'd stopped a few with my 60 out of the rough and that was the selling point.  I couldn't believe how well it'd grab on pitches even when I wasn't in the fairway.  It kinda feels like cheating.

ya I am impressed with the XV this year. Its like left dash but with greenside spin.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Now with this new Ball Lab, maybe I should give Chrome Soft X LS a look… 🤪

2 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

ya I am impressed with the XV this year. Its like left dash but with greenside spin.

I like that

• Srixon Z-Star XV